PDA

View Full Version : Cricket, World Cup Cricket, Racism & Arrogance

Pundit
March 5, 2007, 11:44 AM
I am beginning to think that Cricket is/was a racist game. It still is, but in a softer sense, overshadowed by the more benign but nevertheless arrogant outlook towards weaker nations.

Following the South Africans, at an individual level many English, and some Australians have at times come out of the closet to display their utter ridicule towards "weaker" nations. And for long, some Indians had followed suite with their haughty demeanor and ridicule of neighbors trying to play the same game. And finally, one prominent West Indian has also turned color.

I say we here at BanglaCricket petition to ICC to brand the word "Minnow" at the same level as the N word in the USA. Using that terminology should be a crime. If you cannot write non-associates or associates vs. regular teams, you have no business writing about cricket.

What say you all?

- P

TheWatcher
March 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
Pundit, we have a long discussion about the word "minnow" in this thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=19000).

I wonder why some of you are finding the word offending, it is used in other sports too.

Orpheus
March 5, 2007, 01:10 PM
I think a more appropriate term for Bangladeshi team would be "meow"

But hey a thread by pundit that is actually understandable...ooohooo...

zakirc
March 6, 2007, 02:21 AM
If someone is offended by the term "minnow" thats just because of his/her inferiority complex. Such labels are used in every sport and a team with true heart will only use it as fuel to excel to the next level.

Pundit
March 6, 2007, 05:47 PM
If someone is offended by the term "minnow" thats just because of his/her inferiority complex. Such labels are used in every sport and a team with true heart will only use it as fuel to excel to the next level.

Inferiority Complex? Is that so ? How do you make that conjecture?

In every other sport - can you show evidence?

Do you know the meaning of minnow? I see your head ballooning with all the success that Bangladesh is having.

Hatebreed
March 6, 2007, 06:10 PM
I think a more appropriate term for Bangladeshi team would be "meow"

That's a good one. :)

oracle
March 6, 2007, 08:03 PM
I don't liker the word minnow after being in the cricket fraternity for sucha long time.