PDA

View Full Version : uTube: Cholo BD 'Good Luck to Team Bangladesh' GP TV Ad

Nasif
March 7, 2007, 06:57 PM
Just captured this today. Excellent way to say good luck to Team Bangladesh.

Aminul Islam and Akram Khan is in it too :)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqTtU_zGY6c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqTtU_zGY6c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

JamesBond
March 7, 2007, 08:40 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqTtU_zGY6c"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqTtU_zGY6c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

awesome video man.,. thank u so much for sharing... loved it.. made me remind of my country...

Mridul
March 7, 2007, 08:52 PM
Thanks Nasif bhai. I have actually found a better version on Youtube today.

<OBJECT height=350 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wbnJHb1ld4Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></OBJECT></P>

al Furqaan
March 7, 2007, 09:02 PM
saw half of the video with no sound...and it looks amazing...

once again channel i steps up to the plate and delivers...

wish they would show the matches...

Mahir
March 7, 2007, 09:07 PM
once again channel i steps up to the plate and delivers...

sure channel i is showing the ad, but its GP who've made the ad. As usual, yet another high quality product from GP.

BD Tigers
March 7, 2007, 09:26 PM
EXCELLENT!!! AWSOME!!!

Now we need a nice song for the team :)

gatekeeper
March 7, 2007, 09:37 PM
Saw it on Chnnel I last night. Loved it. Excellent job.

Navarene
March 7, 2007, 09:42 PM
Love the soundtrack!

Farhad
March 7, 2007, 10:02 PM
Really really great video. The United States should learn from GP advertisements :P ....I mean, youd think the country "Hollywood" is based in would do better with commercials.....

ialbd
March 7, 2007, 10:08 PM
fabulous..... ek kothay chomotkar....

kalpurush
March 7, 2007, 10:27 PM
Simply great!...Many thanks to Nasif and Mridul bhai.:-D Cheers-

BanglaCool
March 7, 2007, 11:13 PM
Inspirational, Motivational and Uniting.

Kabir
March 7, 2007, 11:51 PM
I nominate this to be the most inspirational ad for BD cricket. Thanks Nasif bhai.

capslock
March 7, 2007, 11:59 PM

<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqTtU_zGY6c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

Beautiful, thank you for posting that, obviously created by a slick advertising team and paid for by a large corporation but it still brought a tear to my eye.

RazabQ
March 8, 2007, 12:28 AM
lump-inducing fer sho'!!! Kudos to GP - but why oh why did they change their logo to that feminine hygiene product inducing one?

djuice
March 8, 2007, 12:39 AM
The "dehattobodhok ad" recently that is being shown nowadays is simply "AMMMAAZZIINNG". The one posted above, the "ekushe feb ad" a few others add brings tears to your eyes. We have come a LOONGG way from the "heno heno lux type" commercial to producing what I think is one of the best quality ads.

Thunder
March 8, 2007, 04:26 AM
The Idea of this Video is great but the music here seems to me more Indianization. We definitely need a Habib song here.. /:)

Outswinger
March 8, 2007, 05:17 AM
Thanks for upload , it's nice to watch but didn't like it .

Very poor direction & very cheap thought to make it .

Spirit Of Bangladesh is awesome .

israr
March 8, 2007, 07:38 AM
I've already seen that in Channel i.
Simply inexplicable.

bdeshi
March 8, 2007, 09:15 AM
excellent ad...hopefully they dont let their die hard fans down.....hoping and praying the cup goes back to bangladesh....or is that wishful thinking

akabir77
March 8, 2007, 11:15 AM
awesome. Almost did all the things they showed in the video. made a bat from KATHAL Tree, played in the dark with cars headlights on, played in the street, Did tanki, painted face ....Kothin hoisey...

pial
March 8, 2007, 08:53 PM
Cann't stop my tears while watched it at office during lunch time.

Nocturnal
March 8, 2007, 09:40 PM
khub e darun hoise ad ta. sabash bangladesh.

Orpheus
March 8, 2007, 09:44 PM
The Idea of this Video is great but the music here seems to me more Indianization. We definitely need a Habib song here.. /:)

ah yeah ok and Habib's music isn't Indianized! :timeout:

Ppl say he has AR rahman touch to him... and the obvious reason is he steals from rahman.. LOL

outswinger what didn't you like about it? I think you been outside for too long.. the ad captures childhood to adulthood in Bangladesh from all social strata in 2 mins. I think it's brilliant....

My favorite part was that kid in boat backflipping to catch the ball....you could come up with a new water sport from that concept alone....

Ehsan
March 8, 2007, 09:45 PM
Wow bole tou jhakkas! Love it!

Orpheus
March 8, 2007, 09:51 PM
Munna Bhai has Spoken!!

bapzmania
March 8, 2007, 10:21 PM
love it...

kalpurush
March 8, 2007, 11:02 PM

Thunder bhai: Do you have the famous "Desh" cricket song by Habib?...could you pls. send the song if you have kindly?

Or, anyone else, pls...........:-D

capslock
March 8, 2007, 11:38 PM
ah yeah ok and Habib's music isn't Indianized! :timeout:

Ppl say he has AR rahman touch to him... and the obvious reason is he steals from rahman.. LOL

outswinger what didn't you like about it? I think you been outside for too long.. the ad captures childhood to adulthood in Bangladesh from all social strata in 2 mins. I think it's brilliant....

My favorite part was that kid in boat backflipping to catch the ball....you could come up with a new water sport from that concept alone....

Exactly, I think we are taking this anti-India thing way too far.

What about Band Music? When people use guitars in Bangla music? Isn't that westernization? What about when we use urdu and hindi words in Bangla? In fact, you can't even speak a Bangla sentence without using at least one word from another language.

No culture can develop or exist in isolation, we all give and take from each other, people need to realize this. I would much rather have Indianization than Americanization, at least we share culture and history that goes back thousands of years.

As for the ad itself, I think it's brilliant in not only its editing but also its inclusiveness, I can't think that of any group that was left behind, from my count:

Boys,
Girls,
Men,
Women,
Upper, middle and working class
Urbanites,
Villagers,
Cricket Professionals,
Non-professionals
Video-gamers :)
Footballers! (brilliant touch)
Indigenous people
Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and Christians (my favourite part of the video, including the teacher part)

I have a hard time figuring out who was left out! Another thing I like about this ad is that Grameenphone was very discreet about mentioning in the ad itself that they are the sponsors, you see it just for a second on the side of the bus, a stark contrast to the Indian Pepsi ads during Champions Trophy (the crass Blue Billion ones), where the obtrusiveness of the sponsors detracted from the beauty of the commercial itself.

Overall, fantastic commercial, the best ever I have seen from Bangladesh, and it really shows how far we have come in terms of both technology as well as creativity. Every time I have watched it I think I shed a tear, I can't think of the last thing that made me do that.

ialbd
March 8, 2007, 11:45 PM
Thunder bhai: Do you have the famous "Desh" cricket song by Habib?...could you pls. send the song if you have kindly?

Or, anyone else, pls...........:-D

Desh cricket song by Habib? Are you sure? khujte hobe to dekhi,,,,

Anher
March 8, 2007, 11:53 PM
This video like you bring tears in my eyes. I try, i cry, i dont know whether in bangladesh can i die.

Orpheus
March 8, 2007, 11:59 PM
why is it brining so many tears in people. It brings smile in my face. Maybe I am abnormal.

irteja
March 9, 2007, 12:01 AM
i miss my country so much...

irteja
March 9, 2007, 12:05 AM
okay i have seen that add 10 times now..really great..who make it..probably the best add ever..

my favourite part is there when i little kid jump from boat to catch a ball and fall into water and then he through the ball back in the air ...simply awesome....

sufism
March 9, 2007, 12:07 AM
just too good, i can't put it in words how it makes me feel everytime i watch. just grt. I love the unity part most (muslim, hindu, budhist, christian). shows the real picture of bangladesh. God bless our beloved country.

BappyHayat
March 9, 2007, 01:46 AM
************************************************** ************************************************
THANKS NASIF BHAI

Gret Gift for us (ILL FATED PERSONS) who are missing country so much but couldn't help ourself in the overseas

Really MISS MY COUNTRY

Please do a favour - upload is to any website so we can download it

Great Add - wondering who created this...

Can't stop my tears

(JAK DESHPREM bole jinishta ashole TRUE)
************************************************** *************************************************

capslock
March 9, 2007, 02:22 AM
A (very) rough translation of the song by yours truly for those who don't speak Bangla with the relevant scenes, (of course, it sounds awkward in English)

(Scene: River scene with children cutting tree branch)
Dreams beat everywhere
the drums beat
in millions of people
who celebrate

(Scene: Girl playing cricket on roof)
A fire greater than
13 Mays in 12 months
trumpets victory
in the red and green flag (? not sure about this part)

(Scene: Boy on Boat)
Go go go go Bangladesh
setting aside all differences
darkness and obstacles
to a new place

(Scene:Teenage boys playing cricket)
We dream tonight to the
rhythm of a new song

(Scene: Woman opening closet to find bats)
We forget all our sorrows
and ask for only one thing
in our hearts
that the wild wind will ripple
the red and green flag

Chorus (a million people celebrate)

(Scene: A variety of people praying)
A tide of new light
is coming to help draw
many new images
the Red and Green flag
flying high

Rabz
March 9, 2007, 02:55 AM
Very nice video..always refreshing to see this things which only ignites the love for my country...

and plz for GOD"S sake... just try to enjoy the video...
sometimes we do take our things way tooo far...
(to those who'z complaining about indian stuff...)

kmasum
March 9, 2007, 03:32 AM
simply awesome !! reminds me of my childhood..very emotional at the end .. hindu muslim budha criastian all praying for the same thing, GP makes some awesome AD...and CHANNEL I my fav bangali channel... they always give high Priority to bangali sports; specially CRICKET !!!! thanks to GP, thanks to CHANNEL I. god bless our BD cricket team; long live caretaker gov !! proud to be BANGLADESI !!

Mr-khan
March 9, 2007, 07:32 AM
Great music video..loved it.
P:S : Who is the music director and the director of this add?

israr
March 9, 2007, 01:27 PM
The way the add begins and ends is simply exquiste.

sunny747
March 10, 2007, 05:25 AM
Cann't stop my tears while watched it at office during lunch time.
same here

sar2005
March 10, 2007, 11:08 AM
By far the most impressive BD cricketing advertisement I have ever seen. This is indeed inspirational as well as touching. Thanks Nasif Bhai. I hope BD team has already seen this advertisement.

syedmahm
March 10, 2007, 04:15 PM
same here

who's not?

Protic
March 10, 2007, 05:31 PM
Can i have the youtube page link of this video?
:)

Nasif
March 10, 2007, 05:43 PM
Can i have the youtube page link of this video?
:)

Just click on the picture of the youtube video, it will take you to youtube page.

banglapower83
March 11, 2007, 12:41 PM
http://www.criki.com/videos/show/873

Mods delete it if its a repost

rafiq
March 11, 2007, 07:21 PM
This ad is great - they should play it on the big scren during drinks breaks in trinidad to insprire our players :)

thanks for posting it online....curious if it's only playing on Channel I - i would think GP would be running it on all channels

Nasif
March 11, 2007, 07:32 PM
This ad is great - they should play it on the big scren during drinks breaks in trinidad to insprire our players :)

thanks for posting it online....curious if it's only playing on Channel I - i would think GP would be running it on all channels

Its probably running on all channels in BD. But nTV is still not up 100%, so only way to get it in US is by Channel-I.

sumanrc
March 11, 2007, 08:40 PM
Simply outstanding. Is our players watching this also? Just saw the opening ceremony. Cant wait any longer. Common BD show to the world that we are the best.

kmasum
March 12, 2007, 05:17 PM
heres another one from NTV GP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTPH6XdBzxo

amethyst
March 12, 2007, 09:57 PM
amazing!! brilliant! One day I wish to make such (better) stuff... Inshallah. :)

Thanks for posting it here.

al Furqaan
March 12, 2007, 10:25 PM
amazing!! brilliant! One day I wish to make such (better) stuff... Inshallah. :)

Thanks for posting it here.

your youtube video was good...

make another one with WC07 highlights please