PDA

View Full Version : Chances of an upset.

Kamnew
March 7, 2007, 09:11 PM
After the warm up matches it seems that the only possible upset is in Group B, where Bangladesh can beat either of SriLanka and India to go through.

In this article Bishen Bedi has attacked ICC for allowing weaker teams in World Cup. It may be partially true but not completely. What you guyes think?

http://www.cricketnext.com/news/the-icc-has-diluted-the-world-cup/23522-16.html

Farhad
March 7, 2007, 09:17 PM
I dont agree with what people like Bishen Bedi are saying. Id say theres a chance of an upset in any of the groups. These last 3 days surprised me. Every single one of the "Minnows" were at a strong position at at least one point in their match. And Kenya has almost as much of a chance to go through as BD does considering the opposition theyre facing. Their match against WI was pretty close....People like Bishen Bedi are the ones that further restrain cricket from becoming a true global sport.....

gatekeeper
March 7, 2007, 09:46 PM
I don't want to attack Bedi personally but here's a perfect example of a man talking out of his a--. Bedi's never been more than a mediocre cricketer himself. Almost all of the wickets he got was on custom made Indian pitches. Outside of India his record is, well as I said "mediocre". One can indulge oneself in theory but one must pay one's due before passing judgment on other. Bedi hasn't. I still remember his team and he himself getting thrashed by a less-than-full Pakistan side in 1981-82.

Few countries can claim to have better or worse begining than Bangladesh. Today's game is different than what Bedi is used to. He simply doesn't understand this. So no use paying any attention to this clown.

Kabir
March 7, 2007, 10:29 PM
I initially wanted to ignore this thread, but after reading the article posted, I just have one thing to say: "Bishen Bedi o ekta cricketer, telapokao ekta pakhi".

For the thread opener, I'll translate that in English: "If Bishen Bedi is a cricketer, then a cockroach is a bird".

Over & out.

BD-Shardul
March 7, 2007, 10:33 PM
Honestly speaking, Bedi talks too much. Now he is bashing the weaker teams, and in the past he accused Murali of chucking. I hope BD, Zim and Kenya will prove him wrong in this world cup.

thebest
March 7, 2007, 11:23 PM
Didi,
Bangladesh beating India should not be considered as an upset. Bangladesh beat the aussi slayers. Yes there is 5% chance that India might beat Bangladesh. So I am going for other i.e. 5%:D
By the way who is Bedi? The turban jerk who could not defend 160 odd runs in test in 20 overs or the coward who declared innings so that he and his team mates do not have to face the WI quickies.

cricketboy
March 7, 2007, 11:27 PM
I honestly think we can beat Srilanka if we can dismiss Jayasuria and Sangakarra for low scores and we have to handle Murali well.

Spitfire_x86
March 8, 2007, 12:23 AM
Bedi is an attention seeking moron. Too bad, this time Holding made sure that his comments won't get much attention.

This WC's fixture is great. It still includes minnows, but limits them to only 3 matches.

Football World Cup alllows mismatches like "Brazil vs China'" to happen. I don't see anyone being bothered by that.

gatekeeper
March 8, 2007, 01:05 AM
Bedi is an attention seeking moron. Too bad, this time Holding made sure that his comments won't get much attention.

This WC's fixture is great. It still includes minnows, but limits them to only 3 matches.

Football World Cup alllows mismatches like "Brazil vs China'" to happen. I don't see anyone being bothered by that.

Excellent point. This needs to hammered thru to the old schoolers.

Outswinger
March 8, 2007, 01:41 AM
110% & it won't be an upset as it would be the great victory .

afrina
March 8, 2007, 02:00 AM
Now a days Bangladesh are playing very well, it is upto the mark. We can beat any big team, and in my point of view it should not be consider as upset. It is the general rule that weaker team should take the place one day.

In football WC every team are not in cup winning position. So what is the problem if there are some team in cricket WC who may not show that much potentiality to win the cup? I think ICC is going on right track, giving chance to the weaker team to improve themselves.

Duck
March 8, 2007, 02:13 AM
May be we are getting outside of the focus of this thread, but it is true that because of the world cup the weaker teams are getting chances to play the stronger teams be it is a practice match or a group match. And due to the world cup, the Board of those weaker teams are getting moneytary feedback from every possible sources.
True to say, it is this their one and only opportunity to play against the test nations. So, how come BSBedi does not allow them to play?

mhj007
March 8, 2007, 03:45 AM
i think & hope bangladesh will beat india.
Junior

Baundule
March 8, 2007, 04:53 AM
BD beating the hapless Endia is no upset anymore.

cricket_dorshok
March 8, 2007, 05:03 AM
After the warm up matches it seems that the only possible upset is in Group B, where Bangladesh can beat either of SriLanka and India to go through.
[/URL]
This is not the possibility of upset rather possibilitiy of beating. The possibility of Bangladesh to beat India is 100%, Sl is 50%, Bermuda is infinite.

cricman
March 8, 2007, 05:14 AM
This is not the possibility of upset rather possibilitiy of beating. The possibility of Bangladesh to beat India is 100%, Sl is 50%, Bermuda is infinite.

Whenever we loose, i take the loss hard, the only losses that didn't hurt were the 4 after we beat Australia i was on could 11! I try to stay diplomatic and humble before matches. I remember after SL thrashed some dude made a post about how BD was, the next day he was eating dirt of the floor.

I think we will beat India, what i'm trying to say don't be too over confident

zakirc
March 8, 2007, 05:41 AM
Whenever we loose, i take the loss hard, the only losses that didn't hurt were the 4 after we beat Australia i was on could 11! I try to stay diplomatic and humble before matches. I remember after SL thrashed some dude made a post about how BD was, the next day he was eating dirt of the floor.

[বাংলা]যখন ১১ নং মেঘে আছি তখন ফিলিংস নিয়ে নিলে পরে মেঝে থেকে ময়লা খাওয়াও পোষাবে। কথায় বলে না ... পেটে খেলে পিঠেও সয়।
[/বাংলা]

cricket_dorshok
March 8, 2007, 07:21 AM

I think you are taking all the words too literaly. We all know, what are the chances of beating India or SL. From this post, you can get my (like many others )eagerness to beat India.

Rabz
March 8, 2007, 06:51 PM
The chances are 150%.

If the prep matches are any indication, i can boldly predict that not only we can win against India, but also against SL.

I wont be surprised if we finish the group with 3 wins in the dot.
We are doing that good.

And upset?? who's gonna be upset if we beat Ind/SL?? not us...
and i dont really care much about "that" one billion...

kalpurush
March 8, 2007, 10:42 PM
The chances are 150%.

If the prep matches are any indication, i can boldly predict that not only we can win against India, but also against SL.

I wont be surprised if we finish the group with 3 wins in the dot.
We are doing that good.

And upset?? who's gonna be upset if we beat Ind/SL?? not us...
and i dont really care much about "that" one billion...

liked it very much:-D :D

Anher
March 8, 2007, 11:44 PM
For me if bangladesh lose to india that will be an Upset..a real upset

sufism
March 8, 2007, 11:46 PM
Guys, I m begging you to come down to earth. some of you guys are being way too confident for no appearent reason. Show some respect to Srilanka and India. Both of the teams are at the peak of their forms. and realistically we could probably beat them only 2 times out of every 10 matches. a lot of things have to work in our favor to beat them. The way some of you guys are going, I am afraid you might get a heart attack when we get trashed by the 2 teams. Honestly, i believe there is no way we could beat any of the 2 teams in this worldcup. I would be the happiest person if our boys proved me wrong. Our main strength is our spin, and these 2 teams could kill any kinda spin attack. period.

Kamnew
March 8, 2007, 11:47 PM
:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :D

Sure BD will certainly lift the world cup!

JamesBond
March 9, 2007, 12:14 AM
Definitely theres a 100% chance of at least one upset :-)

Kabir
March 9, 2007, 12:35 AM
:-D [edited] :D

Sure BD will certainly lift the world cup!

Once again, I've lost my will power. Sure BD may lift the World Cup, but definitely India won't.

On a different note, please try to follow forum rules and not use too many emoticons at the same time.

zakirc
March 9, 2007, 01:29 AM
Show some respect to Srilanka and India. Both of the teams are at the peak of their forms. and realistically we could probably beat them only 2 times out of every 10 matches.

I think we are on agreement, cos we are asking for those 2 times to happen in the first round, Once against Ind, and Once against SL:lol::-D:D.

And I am sure after this happens, you will change the ration to a more favorable one, so we don't need to worry about the next 8 matches:floor::floor:.

:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Rabz
March 9, 2007, 06:03 AM
Guys, I m begging you to come down to earth. some of you guys are being way too confident for no appearent reason. Show some respect to Srilanka and India. Both of the teams are at the peak of their forms. and realistically we could probably beat them only 2 times out of every 10 matches. a lot of things have to work in our favor to beat them. The way some of you guys are going, I am afraid you might get a heart attack when we get trashed by the 2 teams. Honestly, i believe there is no way we could beat any of the 2 teams in this worldcup. I would be the happiest person if our boys proved me wrong. Our main strength is our spin, and these 2 teams could kill any kinda spin attack. period.

mate..why do u even bother to get out of bed every morning when you know you gonna hv a crap day...

gimme a break here...

cant you take some pure optimism and excitement and weigh your chances before the game...if you are so sure we gonna loose, why do u even bother to post here??
get rid of that LOOSER mentality

and prove you wrong?? who cares about you anyway??

i bet u also said the same thing before the NZ game...
"oh my god guys..they just beat Australia 3-0...we hv no chance against them...they r sooo good...did u see Bond bowling...or Oram batting...?"... "my god, they r gonna thrash us like there is no tomorrow"...

we dont need guys like you at this time of over excitement...
you can come with ur pessimist never-gonna-happen, we-are-too-crap, they-are-too-good, shaking-my-bum-with-big-names talk after the match is over...

we all know what could or what might happen...either we win or loose...we all been there done that mate... heart breaks and sleepless nights....
one way or other.... but we are not crapping in our pants just before it does..
and guess what..neither does your brave Tigers...

Be optimist...
believe in yourself and in your team...
or else...

take a hike...
or just cross the border...
we can live one without...

Sufism: Bro, this is not directed at you personally, but to those people with pessimist view. thats all.
dont take it personally. thanks

sensible
March 9, 2007, 09:23 AM
What Sufism and the likes need is an IV drip of optimism, mixed with some orange juice. Optimism will change their perspective, OJ will give them a bakbone!

Even if Bangladesh loses all three group matches, I don't think this expectation of a better performance is wrong......

Tigers_eye
March 9, 2007, 09:50 AM
As the Rutgar's fans would say "start chopping"!!!
One game at a time. One innings at a time. One over at a time. One ball at a time.

Start believing!! We are here to shock the world!! Who has the best momentum going in the WC? RESPECT. We have earned it! If you don't, we will make sure you be sorry!! beware!! We have done it before we will do it again!!

Lets go BD lets go!!

allrounder
March 9, 2007, 09:59 AM
The Indians are coming

Zaheer to Chanderpaul, out Caught by Dhoni!! good length delivery angling into the left hander, Chanderpaul shuffles across and looks to glance it down, gets a faint tickle and Mahendra Singh Dhoni dives to his right and takes a good catch, Zaheer strikes S Chanderpaul c M Dhoni b Z Khan 6(17) 4s-0 6s-0

Agarkar to Gayle, out Caught by Dhoni!! back of a length delivery angling away from the left hander, Gayle is squared up a bit and just fishes at it outside the off stump, gets an edge and Mahendra Singh Dhoni dives to his left this time to take another good catch and send the danger man back home C Gayle c M Dhoni b A Agarkar 6(8) 4s-0 6s-0

exotic
March 9, 2007, 10:25 AM
The Indians are coming

Zaheer to Chanderpaul, out Caught by Dhoni!! .....

Agarkar to Gayle, out Caught by Dhoni!!

Niether of them (Chanderpaul and Gayle) gonna open the innings for us, so don't worry mate. SN and TI will take good care of them.

akabir77
March 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
Ok tell me one thing. If BD loses to both these team you will not open thread saying we should kill them or he should be fire this should be done etc etc?
But i am guessing most of you r not aware what might actually happen then come here start saying nothing can be done by BD etc etc.
And that's why some of us r just trying caution you that's all.

Bottom line we r not there yet where we can say tomorrow we will win. there has to be a lot of this has to go our way before we can win against a big team.

Farhad
March 9, 2007, 11:17 AM
Indias got WI down to 68/8!

allrounder
March 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
WI 63/8 against indian bowling attack, in another thread indian bowling is ranked below Bd by some fans. Now that is really an upset

Farhad
March 9, 2007, 12:12 PM
WI 63/8 against indian bowling attack, in another thread indian bowling is ranked below Bd by some fans. Now that is really an upset

According to Cricinfo the indians did nothing special. The Windies just threw away their wickets. Click here (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/284614.html)to find our more

Fazal
March 9, 2007, 12:39 PM
There is 99.99% chance of a stomach upset.

sufism
March 10, 2007, 01:49 AM
Sydney bhaijan, apnar excitement r enthusiasm amake mugdho koriache. kintu bhaijan, ami logically chinta kori. the fact about our team is we have not even got to the level of a half strength Zim team (2002). We can hope and do our best for a win against India and Srilanka. but bhaijan, I really don see any reason to be overconfident and arrogant towards indian supporters. apnader confidence dekhe amar-o khub shadh jage, tobe bhaijan, logically chinta korle atke jai. jai hok amader sobar-e to ektai prarthona, keu besi optimistic keuba realistic, tate doser kisu nai. ei nia amder nijeder modde jhogra korle lab ase?? motamot-er parthokko thakte pare kintu sohonshilota na thakle amra notun kore desh gorbo kibhabe? jai hok ami age shudu bolte chaisilam besi asa kore bathito hoiben na.

sufism
March 10, 2007, 01:52 AM
amar font-er jonno dukkito, age kheyal kori nai.

cricket_dorshok
March 10, 2007, 12:57 PM
Sydney bhaijan, apnar excitement r enthusiasm amake mugdho koriache. kintu bhaijan, ami logically chinta kori. the fact about our team is we have not even got to the level of a half strength Zim team (2002). We can hope and do our best for a win against India and Srilanka. but bhaijan, I really don see any reason to be overconfident and arrogant towards indian supporters. apnader confidence dekhe amar-o khub shadh jage, tobe bhaijan, logically chinta korle atke jai. jai hok amader sobar-e to ektai prarthona, keu besi optimistic keuba realistic, tate doser kisu nai. ei nia amder nijeder modde jhogra korle lab ase?? motamot-er parthokko thakte pare kintu sohonshilota na thakle amra notun kore desh gorbo kibhabe? jai hok ami age shudu bolte chaisilam besi asa kore bathito hoiben na.

sufism bhai, as Sydney already said, we all know what could be or what might be happend. we all know the strangth and weakness of our team. kintu kotha hochhe, proti porikkhar age jodi apnar oti bastobadi monovaber jonno chinta koren je ami to valo student na, tai class e first o hote parbo na, then apni konodino class e first hote parben na. first you have to have your self belief that you are capable enough to be the first boy.

Protic
March 10, 2007, 05:30 PM
Totally ignoring Bedi.
Ireland might cause an upset.
Bangladesh will cause an upset. Inshallah.

shiplu
March 10, 2007, 06:41 PM
:flag: If Bangladesh beats india, I won't be suprised. maybe a couple of years ago I would, but now it won't be suprising.:flag:

Rabz
March 11, 2007, 04:21 AM

Are you grooming up to be a politician in the future??
then i'll say you have a good chance....

Kamnew
March 11, 2007, 05:17 PM
sufism bhai, as Sydney already said, we all know what could be or what might be happend. we all know the strangth and weakness of our team. kintu kotha hochhe, proti porikkhar age jodi apnar oti bastobadi monovaber jonno chinta koren je ami to valo student na, tai class e first o hote parbo na, then apni konodino class e first hote parben na. first you have to have your self belief that you are capable enough to be the first boy.

You can keep your desire to come first in your mind, work hard, get good results and then beat your drums.

There is no point in speaking in the air. Speak after the fact: that will make more sence.

"Although I came last on all the previous occasions, I will be first this time":-D
That sounds foolishly optimistic.

sumanrc
March 11, 2007, 09:17 PM
You can keep your desire to come first in your mind, work hard, get good results and then beat your drums.

There is no point in speaking in the air. Speak after the fact: that will make more sence.

"Although I came last on all the previous occasions, I will be first this time":-D

Well said, I think we are more over confidant than our neighbours which can backfire us badly. Hope they are cautious and play according to the merit.

Fazal
March 20, 2007, 08:32 AM

So that we are no longer last and it will not be speaking in the air any more, can cricket_dorshok say what he meant to say without your objection?:-D

You can keep your desire to come first in your mind, work hard, get good results and then beat your drums..
Can we beat our own drum now? Or you don't consider India as a Good team any more? :-D

Common Kamini .... come back at any form KamNew KamOd kamSame.... just share your feeelings here.... atleast Dada Scored some runs... I guess you should be happy !!!!

Kabir
March 20, 2007, 08:48 AM
Mamu...just cracked me up :floor:
I was just waiting to see who brings up Kamnew's thread...coz she seems to be missing...should we report to the police about a regular member missing? :floor:

mhj007
March 20, 2007, 09:01 AM
For me if bangladesh lose to india that will be an Upset..a real upset

very much so,the match proved your word.:lol:
Junior

cricket_dorshok
March 20, 2007, 09:36 AM
I was just waiting to see who brings up Kamnew's thread...coz she seems to be missing...should we report to the police about a regular member missing? :floor:

our clever optimistic (!) member:-D

akabir77
March 20, 2007, 09:44 AM

You can't report to police when some one is hiding...:D

Baundule
March 20, 2007, 11:15 AM
Common Kamini .... come back at any form KamNew KamOd kamSame.... just share your feeelings here.... atleast Dada Scored some runs... I guess you should be happy !!!!:floor:

Kabir
March 20, 2007, 11:57 AM
You can't report to police when some one is hiding...:D

Then she'll come back as KamRetreated or KamHiding :floor: :floor: :floor:

Kamnew
March 20, 2007, 09:09 PM
:-D

Hi all, please check my posts and you will find that I congratulated BD on the same day!

Kamini does hot hide but gets kicked out of the forum by misunderstanding moderators.

Anyway: my question to Fazal (Mamu?:-D LOL)

If the ODI between BD and India is played again tommorrow who will be favourites?
1. India or 2. BD?

If BD could upset India, what are the chances of Bermuda upsetting BD?

Cheers guys and best of luck...super8 ekhono onek dur.

Kabir
March 20, 2007, 09:48 PM
Oh wow, Kamnew has returned with a new question. Now, before mamu answers your question, you answer this.

What will it take for you to understand that BD defeating India wasn't an upset, but a well-played innings by both in which BD outplayed India?
A) A few more similar innings from other minnow countries that are inconsistant.
B) A few more days before you get over your "Indian-cricketers-are-one-of-a-kind" type of attitude.

Kamnew
March 20, 2007, 10:55 PM
:-D I want Mamu to give a written statement first!

RainClouds
March 20, 2007, 11:09 PM
I honestly think we can beat Srilanka if we can dismiss Jayasuria and Sangakarra for low scores and we have to handle Murali well.

হা হা হা হা... আর বাকী থাকল কি? :floor:

thebest
March 20, 2007, 11:22 PM
:-D

Anyway: my question to Fazal (Mamu?:-D LOL)

If the ODI between BD and India is played again tommorrow who will be favourites?
1. India or 2. BD?

Cheers guys and best of luck...super8 ekhono onek dur.

I am answering. We have a 2/3rd chance of winning (Doing a Rajesh offcourse; we won 2 out of last 3)
uper8 ekhono onek dur yep but still in our hand. India has to rely on Bangladesh to be decide bring their fate on their own

Fazal
March 21, 2007, 12:04 AM
Kamini Didi ... here is your answer.

1. India or 2. BD?
BD. Because India really disappointed me with their game. Bowling ordinary, fielding bad , batting pathetic. Indian batting team looks like Senior Citizen team no hope of improvement with this bunch oldies. Whereas BD team consists of full of teens, they will play better every day passes.

Nil .... nada ..... golla. Because if India can beat Berbuda by more than 200 runs and if Bangladesh can beat India by 5 wickters.... you do the maths.

btw.... Dada Kintu Darun Khelechen....Gavaskar will be proud of him:-D

Imtiazk
March 21, 2007, 06:43 AM
Beating SL would not be an upset. It's part of natural progression.

Baundule
March 21, 2007, 06:52 AM
Kamnew has some courage, I'd say. :-D

rashed_va
March 21, 2007, 07:03 AM

In this article Bishen Bedi has attacked ICC for allowing weaker teams in World Cup. It may be partially true but not completely. What you guyes think?

http://www.cricketnext.com/news/the-icc-has-diluted-the-world-cup/23522-16.html

well Bangladesh answered him pretty well.