PDA

View Full Version : BC Preparation - Letters/Notes to our players

Tehsin
March 8, 2007, 09:24 AM
Just thoughts of this. Since I will be at the Carribean and will try to meet up with the players, it will be great if we can give the players some notes of encouragement, praise and our best wishes.

So, here's the thread, please post your notes here, sign it with your name and email if you want to. I am leaving on the 16th. As long as you have your notes posted here by the 14th, I will print this out and give it to our cricketers. Hopefully I'll get it to them either before the first match or right after the match.

Tell your friends and family members to chime in as well. Let's show the boys how proud we are of them.

Miraz
March 8, 2007, 09:35 AM
Tehsin bhai, we have some good luck wish from our members in this thread. (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=19010&highlight=Stroke+luck) You can either extract them from there or merge that thread with this one (keeping this one).

thebest
March 8, 2007, 09:43 AM
Please let them know my best wishes would with them. Individually
SN: Please carry on your good works
TI: You may not remember me, but your uncle Afzal was my friend. Tell him not to waste his talent like his uncle
Aftab: As a fellow CGHS, I wish him all the best. But all balls needed not be hit for six
Sakib: Please carry on your good works
HB: It is time to seal it that you are the best captain Bangladesh produced in the first decade as test team
Ash: Please be considerate. Not every day is Cardiff
Mushy: Make the world cup another Lords debut
Mash: Make it your world cup; Carry the good works
Rajjak:Make it your world cup;Carry the good works
Rafiq: Make it a memorable farewell tour
Rasel: My best wishes. Carry the good works
JO: I was never your fan. There would be a very few people more happier than me if you prove me wrong. Wish you best
Rajib: Line and length is more important than pace. My best wishes to you for bringing fear to opposition
Rajin: My best wishes. Carry the good works

Shakil

Tigers_eye
March 8, 2007, 10:24 AM
Hablu mia,
Soshur bari'r side'er manush boila ektu khatir ar ki. 1) Wish you best of luck for the WC. 2) Please do not day dream in between the wicket and scrool like walk in the park. 3) Guide Ash. Keep yours and his head in the game while batting. 4) For the nth time try not to be involved in any more runouts. Eliminate as many mistakes as you can. At times try to set an attcking field when nothing is working. Believe you can win!! Go Tigers!!!

Ash,
I love you man. Be yourself, I mean the joker you are. Keep the team spirit up. Dhoni, Sangakkara needs to be taught a lesson or two. They are still raw. They can watch you upclose. You are the only one who can teach them with your bat. BD manush'ra practical'a shob shomoi 25'a 25. Physics, chemestry, biology, GTD, Woodwork doesn't matter what subject. Counting on you to show them how it is done practically.

Tehsin bhai,
This is your chance. I suggest you make a printouts of Babubhai's thada thread on Ash's interview and distribute to every player. They will have a ball. Variety of wishes can be enjoyable instead of all good wishes.

Tehsin
March 9, 2007, 12:53 AM
Miraz - Thank you for the links. Makes life easier.
Tigers_eye - Brilliant idea on BabuBangla posts, will do. Variety depends on the results, doesn't it ? Don't want to get blamed for either giving them good wishes and making them soft or giving them the other variety and cause a few teardrops and dropouts from cricket all together. We have been pretty vicious at times. :)

ps. I do like that song. Since I will be in trini alone, I might even try singing that and see if I feel it. :)

Protic
March 10, 2007, 05:13 PM
Tehsin : man i wish u get 1000s of bangladeshi beside you in every bangladesh match!
Why 1000? 1000 proud bangalis are enough for millions of other people!
I'll watch you guys in TV :D

Tehsin
March 10, 2007, 06:17 PM
protic ... I wish so too brotha.

Folks, we're posting our hearts out everyday. let's put some of those thoughts into this one place so we can show our players how much support they have. So far, the response has been WEAk and dissapointing. Don't make me use my powers. I'm thinking, removing 2000 posts (only the number under your location) as a penalty for not voicing your support for the players. Which means, if you posted 1999 times, you will start at '-1'. :)

Shehwar
March 10, 2007, 08:11 PM
Dear Tehsin, Thanx for the opportunity...Here is my letter...:

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->
To Shahriar Nafees (Abir): You are truly talented and you have what it takes to become a champion cricketer. I am so proud that I got to play with you when we were young. I am Shehwar by the way. We used to play together when our dads were in the Army in Kochukhet. I was in Adamjee? Remember me? We met probably about two years back in TSC again. Keep it going bro. Do us proud.
<o></o>
To Javed Omar: You deserved your place in this squad. You earned it! I know you always give it your 100% and we are counting on you. I actually met you about 9 years back in Nawab Bari at Sadek (Former National Hockey Player) bhai’s place. You won’t remember I am sure. But thanks for the tips. Do us proud Javed. We love you.
<o></o>
To all the Tigers out there, We are so proud of you...We believe in you. When you all are out there, just remember you guys are not alone. 12 crore people are breathing with you and praying for you. We are right behind you….
<o></o>
Shehwar Hossain
shehwar_du@yahoo.com
<o>
</o>

Protic
March 11, 2007, 05:41 PM
Heres mine

To Mashrafe Mortaza : Hey man.. you are doing so great for bangladesh.. please keep up the good work and i really hope to see much more devastating bowling from you at the end. You start amazingly anyway..lots of luck.

To Aftab Ahmed : I like the way you play.. please continue but be a bit more patient..try to score a century if you cross 50..keep up your amazing strike rate with less risks.

To Shahriar Nafees : You have shown your maturity.I just wish that you start your year with great innings vs sri lanka,india and bermuda. Continue being the revolution!

To Habibul Bashar : You are the man! The best bangladeshi captain. I hope you and your boys will perform something to remember in this world cup for us and you.

To Sakibul Hasan : Hey mr.consistent.. i like your style of batting..i want you to prosper more and more...please dont let us down..keep up the good work.

To Mohammad Ashraful : People call you the wonder boy..obviously for reasons..Please perform miracles once again and make us proud. Goodluck!

To Mohammad Rafique : I have nothing but total respect for you.Please be yourself and perform like mohammad rafique!! GOODLUCK!

To Shahadat Hossain : Hey speedstar.. keep up the good work and please improve your line and length a bit.

To Syed Rasel : Our mcgrath! thats what you are.. keep up the good work.

To Abdur Razzak : You are our SLA future..i really wish you goodluck for the worldcup..Keep up the good work.

To Tamim Iqbal : We all are counting on you..to give us a solid start along with Shahriar Nafees..please be yourself and show us some fireworks.

And to all .. You guys are our hope..we dont want you to perform magic.. just do what you can do.. we are very proud of you all! Goodluck

Tigers_eye
March 12, 2007, 03:38 PM
My final letter to those who are traveling to WI. Have a safe trip, enjoy and bring us back a victory over india. You guys must cheer louder than the Indians and I am sure you will lose your voice after the match which would be something write about at BC.

If a group cheers, makes noises loud enough the camera man would focus on you. Make sure you take a drum even it is a small one. (like a dugdugi). whistle is another thing that you can carry in your pocket as well. (Like deshi traffiq police)

For the players.....

Take a Mohammad Ali video casette of his 12 greatest fights (20-30 mins) where they show how he dug deep in courage when things were going against him, When foreman broke his jaw. he took the pounding but finished him of in the 15th. That's how they need to deal with adversity. Or any of his fights actually would surfice.

Focusing on every ball would be the key. I wish if I could be a guest speaker before the match....

BangladeshFan
March 12, 2007, 04:13 PM
Tamim Iqbal: try to play atleast 1st 3-4 overs with the middle of the bat and try to understand their bowling before going after them. dont worry about the run rate. we are the under dogs and they are the favorites(Ind/Sl). if they cant get wickets cheaply, they will be frustrated and strive for pace and there will be loose offerings.

SN: play second fiddle in the 1st 10-15 overs and as like TI -> dont worry about the run rate. if they cant get wickets cheaply, they will be frustrated and strive for pace and there will be loose offerings.

Ash: this is the time baby, make it count.....

Mashrafi/Rasel/Sahadat: dont give their openers anything loose. keep it tight and let them score runs if they can. remember ->"they are the favorites, so onus is on them". if they cant score quickly they will be reckless and thats what we want.

PoorFan
March 13, 2007, 05:32 AM
Nafees --> Please don't fall in sleep while fielding ( drop catch ).
Tamim --> I don't mind if you blast every ball that bowled at you, BUT TO WIN against IND / SL, we need a good opening partnership, at least around 50, please keep that in mind.
Aftab --> our dream of win against IND / SL seriously depends on you, I don't mind hitting boom boom! but again at least a good partnership is essential.
Bashar --> Please don't fall down while running between the wicket ( run out ), or cause a run out to your partner.
Ash --> No run out please, play whatever silly shot you like, BUT not before a good partnership.
Shahadat --> No short ball please, use your head ( not emotion ) and variation ( pace, length ) while bowling.
Mash & Rasel --> Be careful for not getting hammered, change pace, length and keep batsman guessing while bowling.

For rest of all NO DUCK or SINGLE DIGIT out please ...

We need a MUST win against IND or SL, wish you all the good luck.:flag: :flag: :flag:

I am ready ( seriously ) to pay thousand bucks to MOM who significantly brings WIN against IND or SL.

h3art
March 13, 2007, 06:12 AM
I have nothing 2 say aint best wishes 2 all ov da bangladeshi players...hope 2 guys do a gr8 job this time insullah....

& 2 all ov TIGERS out there...We are proud ov u all...we will b always with u guys....

Mohiuddin
h3art_navigator@yahoo.com
h3art_navigator@hotmail.com

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 16, 2007, 06:30 AM
EVERYONE.............Even the Coach , Manager, all............ wish u good luck. we are with u. U can.. saying again U really can

allrounder
March 16, 2007, 08:51 AM
All I want from our batsmen is to play sensibly, prepare themselves with a target,stay focused and keep the wickets. Avoid going fishing the outside the stump balls. Build a partnership and take lots of singles and twos.

Our bowlers need to adopt with the pitch condition and keep maintaining good line and length.

Captain, please keep the motivation high all the times, making it a do or die situation throughout the game. take decision based on the situation of the game and give support, advise and encouragement to everyone out there. BE ACTIVE on the field.

Coach please give the players a target and a mission to follow and accomplish.

KaaL-PurusH
March 16, 2007, 10:39 AM
To all player of BD Team

Dont play for urself...just play for 1 name...n that is BANGLADESH...spread out this name...let others know we can do anything...we can beat them...

akabir77
March 16, 2007, 10:41 AM
Habibul bashar please turn this grim moment of bd cricket history to strength for all players and give Rana a good good bye gift.

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2007, 10:44 AM
To all player of BD Team

Dont play for urself...just play for 1 name...n that is BANGLADESH...spread out this name...let others know we can do anything...we can beat them...

play for bangladesh and for Rana.

Tigers_eye
March 16, 2007, 10:48 AM
I know this is already too late cause Tehsin and others have already left for WI but if somehow you guys can reach this thread then please do me a favor:

Convey this message to Rafique, JO and Bashar.

You senior players need to slap around the younger ones specially Mash, Rasel, Razzak and Sakib and ask them to get a grip of the situation. There is a match to win for Rana.

PoorFan
March 16, 2007, 10:52 AM
BD boys, Rana needs your love and honor.

Nirjhar
March 17, 2007, 04:50 PM
My letter to bangla tigers.

Dear Tiger Bhaiara,

Assalamualaikum. Amee obak abong khub anondito. Apnara je joi die amader anondo diechen, tar jonno Allah apnader onek bhalo koruk. Aj india ke haralen, ja kee bolbo, it was really pleasant. Any way, bhalo khelen ei kamonai koree. Salam agaain.

Asaduzzaman Nirjhar

Bengali Bum
March 17, 2007, 05:38 PM
this is for Tamim Iqbal.

Tamim, you are a young gun of Bangladesh. You represent millions of people and millions of teenagers of your age would want to be where you are. I have so much respect for you. I wish you all the best. I am sure you will one day become the best batsman in the world. You boyz give us hopes and dreams. Cricket is the only thing unites all the Bangladeshi people around the world. We forget all the differences to unite and support our team. We always wish you the best. Good luck to you and good luck to all the members of Bangladesh cricket team. I like what you say "I don't face names, I face the ball." Congratulation on the win against India. Good luck in the World Cup.

Mansur Shahdath
monjur@gmail.com

Tehsin
March 19, 2007, 02:44 AM
Your wishes from both the thread and two posts by BabuBangla was given to RI, media manager of the BD cricket team.

Tigers_eye
March 19, 2007, 08:58 AM
Thank you so very much. Now one more request. Imbed www.banglacricket.com (http://www.banglacricket.com) in the players mind when talking to them so that they can visit us some time. That would be sweet.

Babu bhai,
Please you don't need anymore incentives to post the magnificient threads. Please amra chatok phakhi'r moto bosey achi ha korey.

Tigers_eye
March 29, 2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry Tehsin bhai. This is something that I had in mind but forgot when the actual time came. Bura hoiye jacchi.

I wanted all the BD players at least read one time (those who could read English) the following thread of Arnab's. May be they travel alot and this can be very helpful for them.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=10420

Is Rafiq bhai still there? can he supply this to the team?

Ahmed_B
March 29, 2007, 01:09 PM
To Mash/Rassel/Shahadat/Tapost: Since you guys are in WI.. and the well-wisher Andy Robers is around.... you guys have any plans to take a session or two with him for some tips? :)

AsifTheManRahman
March 29, 2007, 01:21 PM
To Mash/Rassel/Shahadat/Tapost: Since you guys are in WI.. and the well-wisher Andy Robers is around.... you guys have any plans to take a session or two with him for some tips? :)

http://www.tigercricket.com/tigerimgviews.aspx?columnID=151

third image from top. also posted by akabir in the "Shahadat Hossain in Super Eights" thread.

cricket_pagol
March 29, 2007, 01:21 PM
Tehsin bhai, any update on how he players reacted upon receiving messages from BC members. In particular, i want to know their reaction to the fake interview of Ashraful and Rabeeb Imam created by babubangla.

jabbar
April 17, 2007, 12:09 AM
I am ready ( seriously ) to pay thousand bucks to MOM who significantly brings WIN against IND or SL.

I wonder if PoorFan is still up to his offer of "thousand bucks" to MOM. Even after that Ireland loss which was disgraceful.