PDA

View Full Version : SN,Mash,Aftab- The Three from BD to Watch-BBC

Ahmed_B
March 9, 2007, 01:04 AM
BBC-Cricket identifies the following three players from BD to watch-out in the WC campaign:

Shahriar Nafees
Age 21, left-handed batsman
Bangladesh's cricketer of year in 2006, Nafees was tipped as a future Test captain even before he was selected to tour England as a 19-year-old.

Scored 75 in his fourth ODI against Australia and was made vice-captain for the Champions Trophy in India.

Made an unbeaten century there against Zimbabwe, and took another hundred off them a few weeks later in a one-day series the Tigers won emphatically 5-0.

Mashrafee Mortaza
Age 23, right-arm fast-medium, right handed batsman
A strong, aggressive quick bowler who made his international debut aged 18.

A consistent wicket-taker, he captured 3-54 in the home series against Australia, dismissing none other than Ricky Ponting for just five runs, although the Champions Trophy was not so prolific for him with only two wickets in three matches.

Proved his worth with the bat against Scotland late last year, blasting five sixes in an unbeaten 51 from 27 balls, a match in which he also took two wickets.

Aftab Ahmed
Age 21, right-handed batsman, right-arm seamer
Made a duck on his debut against South Africa in the 2004 Champions Trophy staged in England, but a wiry top order batsman who is an integral part of the Tigers team.

Hit a half-century against India and then added another, featuring two sixes, in the first match of the away series against England.

Fired two more sixes in 59 from 55 balls against the West Indies in the Champions Trophy in India, and warmed up for the World Cup with successive fifties in the 2-0 home series win against Scotland.

BBC Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/bangladesh/6255793.stm)

They probably picked the 3 best possible choices...IMO.

Ahmed_B
March 9, 2007, 01:08 AM
And from the warm-up matches... the next players to watch will probably be....

Saqib
Ash(yes.. there are signs of him coming back already)
Razzak(his stats are surprising me!)
and, just perhaps, Tamim also

mac
March 9, 2007, 01:16 AM
AHAA, thats the way!!!

hoodlum
March 9, 2007, 05:27 AM
razzak
sakib
tamim

they r the players to watch for da WC apart frm mash,aftab,SN

Rabz
March 9, 2007, 05:40 AM
I say there is no one "special" to watch from Bangladesh...
its gonna be a total team effort...

so far the 4 matches we played in the carribean, almost every single of them has played some role in keeping the winning streak, some just more-so than other.

Openers played well, middle order stuck in good which was a great relief, bowlers among the wickets ....only player probably didnt get enough exposure was Mushi...
but i guess he's gonna come out clean...

so its gonna be the "The Roaring Tigers" instead of one single player...
i'd hv called it "team bd" but thats already bn taken by our [..edited...] neighbours...

Baundule
March 9, 2007, 08:07 AM
Bashar.