PDA

View Full Version : Windies dismissed for 85!!! India looks pretty good

RazabQ
March 9, 2007, 12:58 PM
Guys,

I know we all want BD to beat the Indian cricket team and provide payback for all the insults their board and media have thrown our way (the repeated refusal to host us, Modi's comment re: stipend, SRajesh, Redifetc.). But I think a dose of reality is in order. India looks pretty good so far. The rattled up 300 against the Dutch and now dismissed Windies for 85. With Patel, Agarkar & Zaheer, they've got a pretty decent pace attack, while Bhajji/Kumble, Yuvraj and Tendu will provide ample slow bowling options. The Trinidad pitch seems to have variable bounce (today's SA-v-Pak match was almost called off because of that) - so our batsmen too could very well suffer like Windies (similar propensity to play too many strokes). And the explosiveness of their batting order is well known (Rasel/Shahadat and the 5th and 6th bowler could be blown to smithereens).

We all want BD to win, but let's be pragmatic so that we don't all pull a Chicken Little should we lose (i.e. "the sky is falling!").

TheWatcher
March 9, 2007, 01:02 PM
According to CI, it is not India that playing well, rather it is WI who is playing horrible.

West Indies, who have chased successfully in the recent times, chose to test their skills in setting up a target and came up a cropper. Indians did nothing special. They needn't to as loose drives, hesitant pokes, over-ambitious swipes punctuated West Indies' shocking batting display and they went down in a heap. It was a perfect exhibition of the infamous Calypso Collapso.

- Match Bulletin (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/284614.html)

RazabQ
March 9, 2007, 01:03 PM
I read that and factored it in. Pathan will not play against us. It will be Agarkar, Patel & Zaheer. And our batsmen are just as likely to play too many shots as Windies are.

shovon13
March 9, 2007, 01:08 PM
i'm happy windies got that collapse out of the way. hopefully they wont pull that again in the real matches.

Beamer
March 9, 2007, 01:08 PM
The pitches are a worry. No doubt. If we win the toss, I am more inclined to field first against India and do our level best to contain them by bowling some tight spells from our spinners. I would prefer to go with a set target against them no matter what the target is.

TheWatcher
March 9, 2007, 01:09 PM
And our batsmen are just as likely to play too many shots as Windies are.
If they are not going to play sensible, any Test team attack can bundle us out like WI. I hope that won't be the case.

roaring tigerz
March 9, 2007, 01:13 PM
We have three ' 6 & out' guys in our top 6, a.k.a Tamim, Aftab, and Ashraful. If the pitch is assisting the bowlers, we will always be struggling to survive.

israr
March 9, 2007, 01:14 PM
I tell you guys one thing, this is a blessing in disguise for both BD and WI.
Time shall reveal everything.

zakirc
March 9, 2007, 01:16 PM
lets hope Indians become over confident after todays match .. after all thats what we want ... right?

Beamer
March 9, 2007, 01:29 PM
Guys,

I know we all want BD to beat the Indian cricket team and provide payback for all the insults their board and media have thrown our way (the repeated refusal to host us, Modi's comment re: stipend, SRajesh, Redifetc.). But I think a dose of reality is in order. India looks pretty good so far. The rattled up 300 against the Dutch and now dismissed Windies for 85. With Patel, Agarkar & Zaheer, they've got a pretty decent pace attack, while Bhajji/Kumble, Yuvraj and Tendu will provide ample slow bowling options. The Trinidad pitch seems to have variable bounce (today's SA-v-Pak match was almost called off because of that) - so our batsmen too could very well suffer like Windies (similar propensity to play too many strokes). And the explosiveness of their batting order is well known (Rasel/Shahadat and the 5th and 6th bowler could be blown to smithereens).

We all want BD to win, but let's be pragmatic so that we don't all pull a Chicken Little should we lose (i.e. "the sky is falling!").

Todays SA-Pak game is being played in Frank Worrel Park, not the venue where we face India. We play them in Queens Park Oval. I am pretty sure about that . But, point taken about India though. They look good.

Duck
March 9, 2007, 01:43 PM
The pitches are a worry. No doubt. If we win the toss, I am more inclined to field first against India and do our level best to contain them by bowling some tight spells from our spinners. I would prefer to go with a set target against them no matter what the target is.

I am not sure this is the same pitch we will play against india. But going through the innings played on that pitch seems the innings range is 200-250.

So, you are right, we should pray for the outcome of the toss too!

babubangla
March 9, 2007, 01:55 PM
West Indies bowled out for 85 does not mean that India is SOOO powerful.
Even Ireland bundled out #1 South Africa for 192.
Only explanation to this kind of incident is:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/babubangla/it_happens_sm.jpg

If something goes wrong with India, we now have the firepower to take advantage of that. So Let’s keep our hopes high and say “We sooo that this SUV”

akabir77
March 9, 2007, 02:05 PM
well this will help us, tendu, dravid dada could get batting practice today... so there short of practice...

billah
March 9, 2007, 02:07 PM
So far, the way Trinidad pitches behaved, I don't worry about Bhaji. Kumble would have been a major worry elsewhere, but not so here, I think. Irfan is a one flavor guy. I would be most worried about Munaf, Srisanth and Zaheer. More threats will come in the middle overs from part-timers like Tendu (variations) and Ganguly (he's just a thief - cunning and thrifty).

We have some good weapons at hand also. I think our opening attack should be Mash and Rasel - the ability to move the ball is becoming far more important here. Second, we have the world's best SLAs at hand. We may very well need both the Rs to help us.

At port of Spain, historically, the most success always went to the quickines and seamers. Second successful group were the SLAs. If the retirement group (Tendu, Gangu and even Shehwag) is out early, the rest wont find it easy against quality SLAs.

I also expect our fielding to be better than India's.

sadi
March 9, 2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah two different field. I almost paniced after reading the match report about the pitch but then realized we will play in queens park oval. Toss is very important. As stupid as it sounds to send India in after winning the toss, it may be the best option we have right now. They can probably chase anything and I don't want to risk our top order early in the morning. In order for all that to happen though, we need to win the toss. So, toss will be quite vital for us. Hopefully, Aftab will recover on time. Just like someone else mentioned, it might be a blessing in disguise. If India becomes overconfident after such a easy victory against WI, we may catch them by surprise.

FaridpurChicago
March 9, 2007, 03:18 PM
I take the match as a blessing to us. First of all Gangu, Tendu, Dravid didn't get match practice. The second thing is, India will be over confident. I hope we catch this opportunity.
It will be a piece of cake for Mash to eat Shewhag.
We need two good balls for Gangu and Tendu. In that case Dravid will go into shell and play a JO innings, hence a "shomman jonok porajoy" for India.

imtiaz82
March 9, 2007, 03:33 PM
Damn, India is looking dangerous, for a change their bowling seems to be as good as their batting. Bangladesh will have to play really well in order to cause any sort of upset. Another factor that adds in is, both India and Srilanka are good players of spin and Bangladesh's main bowling strength is left arm spin..

allrounder
March 9, 2007, 03:53 PM
This pitch is great, lots of bounce, but tough to swing the ball, so if given width ball either gone for 4 or going for catch if not hit properly. So now I am not really worried of INdia bowling but worried of our batsmen making basic mistake. hope the players listen to my prayers

cricman
March 9, 2007, 04:01 PM
I like it ;) adds some spice to the 9 day pre game build up

Tigers_eye
March 9, 2007, 04:17 PM
Indian bowling is rubbish. Yup I said that. I am just worried when Chapple gets fired Dav don't jump ship. That's all folks.

IanW
March 9, 2007, 04:30 PM
Geee,this form India is in might be a problem unless, say, Bangladesh were in a purple patch themselves,having just knocked over a side that chased 350 against Australia.

Kabir
March 9, 2007, 04:43 PM
After watching the highlights of India vs. WI match, I have only the following observations.

1. India's bowling wasn't anything to cheer about. Mostly, they had pace, but no swing. All the shots were mistimed, and it's the stupidity of WI batsmen that got them out for 85.
2. How many batsmen edged and got caught? 4/5? How many of those balls were swinging? NONE. Once again, poor show by the WI batsmen. Dhoni took good catches, but given gloves and pads, I'll also be able to dive that much with my flappy tummy.
3. The C/B was absolute rubbish. Just tells you that WI were most likely put to the field after a secret rave.

So all I have to say is, I hope our BD batsmen don't take the win against NZ and Scotland as given and start being too confident. Yes they need confidence, but they also need to watch out and play properly. This time there shouldn't be any excuse after seeing all terrible things happen during the warmup.

Fortuner
March 9, 2007, 04:56 PM
wht kind of pitch is the one bd gona play against india???

al Furqaan
March 9, 2007, 05:06 PM
i will be starting a thread advising BD fans to lower the expectations (while keeping hopes high as hell) because in all likely hood we will be 1 and done this year...i don't want to hear of BC fan's jumping off of bridges after losses to SL and India.

with that being said, my opinions are not changed by this Indian performance. I am a firm believer in present case scenarios.

Had the Windies bundled out the Indians for 25, or scored 650 batting first...my opinions of India would not be any different than they are now. we have seen India play many matches...today's match is not an accurate picture of how strong this India team, just as our wins against Australia or New Zealand or Canada's near win against is a picture of our strength or Canada's strength.

i will try one final time...Razzak picked up 4-26 against New Zealand...same team took Murali to the cleaners (Murali's figures 1-64)...is Razzak 8 times the spinner that Murali is (4 times the wickets * 2+ times the economy)??? of course not.

Bangladesh is no powerhouse, but India ain't some bunch of gods either...

al Furqaan
March 9, 2007, 05:09 PM
Indian bowling is rubbish. Yup I said that. I am just worried when Chapple gets fired Dav don't jump ship. That's all folks.

the win against NZ notwithstanding... i think we could use some new blood.

even if DW goes to India for a couple years (they will fire him at some point after losing some away test series)...we can hire him again a la SL.

or not, SL won with DW 1st time around, but his 2nd bid wasn't as productive...

i wouldn't mind DW stayin on after WC07, but we could do with a change also...nothing against Dav...he's done more for BD than any other coach has.

sensible
March 9, 2007, 05:52 PM
My impression of the newsmedia in Bangladesh is that, no matter how we do in the WC, DW days for Bangladesh Cricket are over after the worldcup.

CricFanBD
March 9, 2007, 05:53 PM
India did't play superb---all the credit goes to WI's batsman...they play extraordinary rubbish...thats all...good luck to BD, don't worry ..cheer Up.

BanglaCool
March 9, 2007, 09:09 PM
Well the video reveals that indian bowlers were bowling in the right areas with some pace and the WI batsmen were simply capitulating. So, I guess caution is in the air, specially for players like Tamim and Aftab, but I still think we are better off chasing India than batting first.

BD Tigers
March 9, 2007, 10:39 PM
Most of the matches look like low scoring matches. In one case I think this is good for BD. If we somehow restrict india we might have a chance Insha Allah!

Sovik
March 9, 2007, 10:44 PM
bad news for us. we will have to play our best

Lidcombe
March 9, 2007, 11:02 PM
lets hope Indians become over confident after todays match .. after all thats what we want ... right?

i wish the same.....their over confidence can cause a trouble for them. it will b all mind game for sure.....

insideedge
March 10, 2007, 12:13 AM
So, in summary, Indian win over West Indies count for nothing. On the other hand, Bangladesh win over New Zealand counts for eveything. Good logic that.

layperson
March 10, 2007, 01:06 AM
So, in summary, Indian win over West Indies count for nothing. On the other hand, Bangladesh win over New Zealand counts for eveything. Good logic that.

I dont think that is the summary. Summary is India is in very good form and have built up momentum before the WC in the warm up matches specially the way they won against WI. However the majority of the fans here, this being a bangladesh cricket site would want bangladesh to win against India in their first match. There is no point is fearing how good the opposition is when that is not under your control. We also had a very good built up and should be focussing on that fact and give it our best shot in the match. I am sure if things go this way Bd has a good chance of winning the match. This is called "very optimistic" support for your own team. Moreover BD's win over NZ must have a greater value than India's win over WI. The first one was an upset while the second one was not.

sufism
March 10, 2007, 01:59 AM
Ekon asa kori apnader ektu holeo ghor katse, jara India-r shate jetar bepare oti oti confident chilen. Deksen to WI re koto run-e out korse. Manlam ora wkt throw korse, tobuo to 85 run-e allout hoile bowler der nishchoi credit ase. jai hok ekon bhaijan-ra asman theke mati-te naima asen r 2nd round er sopno bad den. beijjoti na hoilei ami khusi. ejonno shudu ei duai kortasi allar kase, 2 ta match-e harleo somman nia jeno matt thaika bair hoiya aste pari. ameen.

CricFanBD
March 10, 2007, 02:44 AM
Ekon asa kori apnader ektu holeo ghor katse, jara India-r shate jetar bepare oti oti confident chilen. Deksen to WI re koto run-e out korse. Manlam ora wkt throw korse, tobuo to 85 run-e allout hoile bowler der nishchoi credit ase. jai hok ekon bhaijan-ra asman theke mati-te naima asen r 2nd round er sopno bad den. beijjoti na hoilei ami khusi. ejonno shudu ei duai kortasi allar kase, 2 ta match-e harleo somman nia jeno matt thaika bair hoiya aste pari. ameen.

Plz man, change the attitude...your writings remind me the condition of BD team couple of years ago...now 2007...we beat NZ and scotland in the warm up matches, naturally we expect to get an another upset...either India or Srilanka...we will fight for win...do or die condition..."Somman" will be very far away from us...we don't need it...and we don't care...

bapzmania
March 10, 2007, 03:18 AM
we need not to worry.....cuz we know dis time our team will perform better....

Lidcombe
March 10, 2007, 03:23 AM

bro its time to show "do or die" attitude not "wateva happens first save ur a**" attitude..... we dont wana play for sommanjonok porajoy... we r not like netherland, scotland or barmuda... evem kenyans show a winning attitude in their every game....

Anher
March 10, 2007, 03:43 AM
didnt we beat the big guns when they are at the best. From pak, Indian, Aussie, lankan all the way to Kiwis. We want the cricket world to call it an upset and we are gonna all over the place in record book.

They call us minnow...I say "you are a minnow to minnow"
Let "TheWatcher" brother to watch my diaper while i am kicking everyone on my way!

Peace

Protic
March 10, 2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah.. west indies played bad.. India just 'bowled'

JamesBond
March 10, 2007, 08:04 PM
Indian should be happy with their cream with WI, and express all the rejoice they want to. Because in the end they are gonna loose to BD. Its good that they are getting some consolation beating WI before facing the bitter truth on March 17th.

akabir77
March 10, 2007, 08:19 PM
man bot munaf and pathan looked dangerous...

Mridul
March 10, 2007, 09:45 PM
India bowled pretty well....Bangladesh's batsmen have to be carefull when they face India

BD Tigers
March 10, 2007, 10:54 PM
I saw the bowling but didnt think anybody was that good except for Agarkar's bowl to Gayle (outswinger to the left hander). That was a beauty. Since both of our openning batsmen are lefty..they have to be careful of that kinda ball. Pathan got wk cause of WI batsmen and I dont think he will be in playing 11 on 17th.

WarWolf
March 11, 2007, 05:17 AM
I read that and factored it in. Pathan will not play against us. It will be Agarkar, Patel & Zaheer. And our batsmen are just as likely to play too many shots as Windies are.

Windines players didnt get out playing too many shots. They just didnt have any answers to the deliveries from indian bowlers. Most of them got astonished while getting out. I guess the pitch factor will be vital. If you look at the preparation matches you will see that in most of the games chasing team batted well. I guess the wicket remains horrible at the first half while it improves in the 2nd half.

Rabz
March 11, 2007, 09:22 AM

man..u can...
im actually getting to convinced that you are a RAW agent...
or do you live in middle east?? may be u got too much "oil" in your disposal...
thats why you are oiling the indian machine...
or may be ur boss is an indian and you are soo used to .....

what ever ur issue is...
get over it.

i dont wanna repeat the same thing i told ya on some other post....

sumanrc
March 11, 2007, 11:12 AM
man..u can...
im actually getting to convinced that you are a RAW agent...
or do you live in middle east?? may be u got too much "oil" in your disposal...
thats why you are oiling the indian machine...
or may be ur boss is an indian and you are soo used to .....

what ever ur issue is...
get over it.

i dont wanna repeat the same thing i told ya on some other post....

Everyone has the right to express their thoughts. If you dont like it, either argue with him constructively or ignore it if you dislike their arguement. Attacking somebody personally is not expected from a senior pro like you. Anyone who does nt agree with you is a RAW agent is an atrocious comment.

BangladeshFan
March 11, 2007, 01:06 PM
I think the best option for Bd is to chase a target and hopefully not that big(anything less than 250-260). Then we have to bat sensibly. Their biggest bowling threat is opening attack of munaf and zaheer, they dont have much after that. Bd should target to lose at most 1 wicket by the end of 15 overs. After that we can cash in.

It is the first match, so nerves will be there and it is the underdog that gets the benefit from it. Both Ind and Sl are very strong teams but Bd is capable of beating them. We may lose but we must give our absolute best before losing.

Rabz
March 12, 2007, 06:28 AM
Everyone has the right to express their thoughts. If you dont like it, either argue with him constructively or ignore it if you dislike their arguement. Attacking somebody personally is not expected from a senior pro like you. Anyone who does nt agree with you is a RAW agent is an atrocious comment.

i think you got me wrong there...
i have explained to him on a previous post in some other thread not to take it seriously...

i was merely cricizing his view of expression...
i hate that inferior complexity...
harar agei keno here bose thakbo...
havent we all been there and done it before..years and years...

loosing matches after matches... years afters years.. the pain and the shame... the media scruitiny... the pushover feelings of not belongings.. the ugly sister of elite group....the denials of the big boys.. what not???

and now...
we are in a stage...where we are beginning to earn the world's respect...
people talking about us, taking us more seriously than ever before...
we know and they know that we can win...
we are not here to make up the numbers...
and even if we go down..we will do so with a fight...

if our cricket team has made that progress...why cant we as a fan??
why still have that looser mentality...
ekhono keno harar age here bose thakbo...??
ekhono keno boro boro nam shune pa kapbe...??
ekhono keno nijeder proti atto-biswas ashbe na??
this is not 2001, this is 2007.

if we can do it once...we can do it again...

we are a reflection of our team... they carry our hopes and dreams...if we fail to inspire them... if we fail to show them how to dream... thats our failure...

" oh my god..india booked WI for 85..so we dont hv a chance against them at all" ... that is simply unacceptable in my dictionary...

we might win..or we might loose... loose badly... esp after all this super hype...
but shouldnt we be all be excited and a bit more optimist about our chances...

if our crickets are entering a new phase...we fans should lead the way...

Know you can, DONT think you can.

Till the last ball is bowled and the result is announced...i'll carry on my hopes of us beating one of the two giants and hopefully moving to the next round...

but till then ...im not ready to give up.

Seek, and you shall find.