PDA

View Full Version : Opening ceremony: Worst ever?

Rubu
March 11, 2007, 07:49 PM
A whole number of things were not just right: lighting, camera focus, unstable camera to monotonous rap songs one after another (if you call that song, some weird looking guys jumping up and down like monkeys). Did anyone enjoyed it?

even more, they lost the opportunity of showing things right in day light that they wasted doing nothing. I don't know if its dish network's transmission or what, but they could barely project 50% of the required light on the screen, don't they even have flood light on the ground?

rio
March 11, 2007, 08:07 PM
The worst ever was the 1999 one. The start was a bit slow but it wasn't that bad.

Farhad
March 11, 2007, 08:11 PM
Its going pretty bad...Ive got to admit....

Kabir
March 11, 2007, 08:25 PM
I just got a quick peek at it...but thankfully I couldn't watch it anymore (had to go somewhere). I must tell you, I was quite disappointed.

Hatebreed
March 11, 2007, 08:33 PM
Let's hope our 2011 opening ceremony will be much better and grander.

Ajfar
March 11, 2007, 08:33 PM
k i'm sorry but just becuz u dn't get hiphop doesn't make it a bad show..k..n it was sean paul...half the pplz dn't get wat he is saying anyway..when we have the world cup here in asia...well let's just say..himesh reshmmiya or sonu nigam goes out there singing some song..well guess wat??? the white pplz r gonna be saying the same thingggggg...B.S...worse show eva...

sumanrc
March 11, 2007, 08:42 PM
I think nothing compares to asian music. This was OK but nothing gr8. We will have a better one 4 years from now

Protic
March 11, 2007, 08:45 PM
It wasnt bad..and i liked sean paul's performance..then I three's..cliff's was worst...over all.. It was just good.. and obviously 2011s gonna be a better one because even though its gonna be here in bangladesh but indias gonna send a lot of stars to perform..and they are international stars..so no body will complain. Anyway..lets just wait for now.

Bancan
March 11, 2007, 09:00 PM
it sucked so bad. it was horrilble.

allrounder
March 11, 2007, 09:31 PM
attendace? place looked empty

Kabir
March 11, 2007, 09:40 PM
Although, they did rightly focus on Carribean music, which they should have done anyway. But I think that was too much...things just didn't look coordinated enough.

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2007, 10:44 PM
it was ok. i agree with rio bhai - the worst was the 99 world cup ceremony. this time it could have been better, but then again i wouldn't say it was too bad either. but the lighting could have been better, and there could have been better coordination. i don't think people in the stands could see anything half the time.

anyways, carribean culture in general is great, so is there music and their women.

BD Tigers
March 11, 2007, 11:06 PM
i thought it was ok but the songs were too much. Later part of the show was better. They cud have let the players enjoy a little more on the field like dancing or at least staying on the field. Anyway, enuf of this..waiting for the game to begin on 13th.

gatekeeper
March 12, 2007, 12:10 AM
I was at a dinner party and missed the whole think but caught about a hr of it when they ran it again (its still going on).

I want to thank my wife for forcing me to go to that dinner.

kalpurush
March 12, 2007, 12:28 AM
I was at a dinner party and missed the whole think but caught about a hr of it when they ran it again (its still going on).

I want to thank my wife for forcing me to go to that dinner.

Yup....I thanked my wife too!:D

sunny747
March 12, 2007, 12:30 AM
where can i download the opening ceremony? ....we just bought the world cup package 250$ in thailand.

ialbd
March 12, 2007, 12:36 AM
youtube jatio kono link tink pele doya kore post korben, thanx in advance...

gatekeeper
March 12, 2007, 12:44 AM
where can i download the opening ceremony? ....we just bought the world cup package 250$ in thailand.

don't even bother. waste of time.

Orpheus
March 12, 2007, 12:47 AM
anyways, carribean culture in general is great, so is there music and their women.

are you serious bro?? I cant stand Caribbean ppl.... their music SUX....women are Ugly... and everyone is too damn lazy! - that is their only culture... Most of the work for WC still not done....

Try living in one of the islands for more than a week... you will know!!

I bet those of you visiting Trini will have all of Bob Marley songs memorized by the time you come back....you sing No woman no cry in front of your wife... and then the rest is history...

sunny747
March 12, 2007, 12:50 AM
don't even bother. waste of time.
thats why i didn't see it live.........so now i'll download and forward .........i just want to see my team and how they were looking....

billah
March 12, 2007, 01:16 AM
Never before in my life have I seen so many plump butterflies flying...jeez. The fireworks was short. Didn't care for stiltwalkers at all...then there was the hindi song and dance number. Good thing they didn't let Sir Sobers start one of his long speeches. I think the lighting in the field was very poor when the teams were entering. Cameraman ruined Percy's speech with the wobble. Percy had a strange grunt..

I have to agree with Rubu. This was more of an amateurish show.

AsifTheManRahman
March 12, 2007, 02:02 AM
yeah what was with that hindi song and indian dance?

babubangla
March 12, 2007, 02:08 AM
The Best Part of the Ceremony was the Bermudan team.
They showed up on the ceremony ground with Black Blazer, White Shirt, Tie and Red Shorts!!:floor:

Is it something their national dress or what?

sunny747
March 12, 2007, 02:20 AM
dude's!! i really want to see ............can you help guys? ....i want to join in the conversation too :(

gatekeeper
March 12, 2007, 02:24 AM
They showed up on the ceremony ground with Black Blazer, White Shirt, Tie and Red Shorts!!:floor:

Yes, it IS their national dress, hence the term, "Bermuda Shorts".

karimjay.
March 12, 2007, 03:33 AM
Sean Paul. That guy isnt like, proper jamaican reggae. People mistake him for an african-american because of his manner of music. What happened to Bobby Brown and stuff?

mac
March 12, 2007, 05:53 AM
It was dissapointing!

Sovik
March 12, 2007, 06:08 AM
still not worse than 1999 event

akabir77
March 12, 2007, 10:13 AM
I was laughing so hard when i saw golla was trying to make the line straight as if some one will some and beat them if the line is not straight... it still cracks me up....

Show was ok. likes some songs some not that much. but I never liked an opening show of any sports anyway...

rickshaman
March 12, 2007, 10:15 AM
nebody haz ne links wher we can c ??? i wna c it bad as well :| !!!

Bancan
March 12, 2007, 10:16 AM
the fireworks were better at Tom Cruises wedding

Tigers_eye
March 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
I liked parts of the show (didn't watch most of the parts, lol). They potrayed their culture and heritage nicely. The colors, the songs etc. but must say the lighting was very poor and too dark for my eyes. Couldn't really figure out what was going on many times.

We should easily put up a better show just by the shear number of volunteer participants.

ahms
March 12, 2007, 11:01 AM
I did not see 1999 world cup opening ceremony, so I can't compare. But I personally did not like it except probably Bob Marley addition. Believe it or not, it is there culture where they follow Bojo Banton, Rupee, Shaggy, Fey etc., drink lots of alocohol (specially Rum), fry brain with over-exposed-naked girls. I live in one of island, Dominica. Their men and women are alike in terms shyness or modesty. Well, they liked the opening ceremony. It may be said same by them when we hold opening ceremony. Hopefully, we should make it different, more like Chinese/South Korean style display.

SMHasan
March 12, 2007, 09:23 PM
1999 world cup had a opening ceremony but it was a formality. Those british people can spend money but they dont know how to entertain people. It was nothing but a joke.

This year its diappointing. There were no flood lights in place. It was looking like more of a concert. Nothing traditional. There was no plan at all. Very dull.

Hatebreed
March 12, 2007, 11:10 PM
http://images.teamtalk.com/07/03/330/73548318_10_206184.jpg
Holland's Luuk Van Troost sticking out like a sore thumb.

Those Dutch sure like their orange :-D

layperson
March 12, 2007, 11:34 PM

Seriously their national dress is so funny !!! I dont mean any disrespect but come on man tie,black blazer with red shorts. OMFG that was the funniest **** ever. At first I thought the guys in the front forgot their trousers but then after seeing the whole team i just cracked up. :lol::lol::lol:

rafiq
March 12, 2007, 11:36 PM
I know Chris Dehring worked really hard to pull the WC together...given this is being done across several independent countries, none of whom are really that affluent or organized to begin with, the challenges have been many and he has done a fantastic job to even get the tournament off the ground. People in the region, and particularly Jamaica, are laid back, and their music and their outlook on life is who they are whether you like it or not. They were interested in showcasing their music rather than doing some Korean style choreographed robot dance.

I agree it wasn't a US Superbowl half time show with Justin pulling of Janet's bra, but for those who can appreciate it, it was a kick to see reggae greats Sly and Robbie, Gregory and Half Pint along with the more easily recognizable names such as Sean paul.

I think some of the comments here are a bit unwarranted...you may have found it boring, but to call their women ugly and what not was not necessary...more so when you pause and reflect how good looking bangladeshi men are!! Hilarious....

Rubu and moderators, the opening post contains language that is completely inappropriate....please have the good sense of editing it.

Orpheus
March 13, 2007, 12:04 AM
Ah Rafiq bhai sees positive in everything... you will live longer :)

I think some of the comments here are a bit unwarranted...you may have found it boring, but to call their women ugly and what not was not necessary...more so when you pause and reflect how good looking bangladeshi men are!! Hilarious....

I am not gonna argue on the perception of beauty (obviously you find kali girls attractive, great! more for you) but who said you had to be equally good looking to appreciate beauty??

If that was the case, most of Da Vinci's artwork would have a pedophilic monkey touch to it.

I could be ugly as hell but I am not gonna settle for equally ugly girl...that just messes up the balance.....I hope your wife concurs... :)

btw: I am the pretty one out of me and my wife.... :flag::flag:

rafiq
March 13, 2007, 12:40 AM
Orpheus I need all the help i can get to love longer :) i hope YOUR wife appreciates your brutal honesty...as always you crack me up....

Duck
March 13, 2007, 12:57 AM
A whole number of things were not just right: lighting, camera focus, unstable camera to monotonous rap songs one after another (if you call that song, some weird looking guys jumping up and down like monkeys). Did anyone enjoyed it?

even more, they lost the opportunity of showing things right in day light that they wasted doing nothing. I don't know if its dish network's transmission or what, but they could barely project 50% of the required light on the screen, don't they even have flood light on the ground?

I agree with you......the whole show seemed to me done in the dark......Even when the Lara/Sobers/Buckner talked,I hardly could see them...and some parts of the show lacked the proper focus.....I thought since I was watching in the net, not in the TV........but it seems you had the similar impression.