View Full Version : Mushfique Out, Rafique / Sujon in
August 12, 2002, 12:40 AM
Mushfique Babu might not go to Kenya due to pain in the back, and either Rafique or Sujon or may be both of them could be included in the Kenya tour.
And Bangladesh A team might not play any match against the Kenya National Team, In Janakantha's report, Bangladesh A team have to play two 3-day, and three 1-day games - all against KCA team, the 3-day matches against a KCA XI side.
As far as I know, KCA means Kenyan Cricket Academy or Association XI?
August 12, 2002, 09:07 AM
Yes, it's Kenya Cricket Association. In reality, it is the national team, they just change names when they don't play full strength teams. After all, they only have a whopping 12 players to choose from :)
August 12, 2002, 10:01 AM
Adding Rafiq and Sujon will definitly help. The bowling will get as good as the batting.
We badly need to beat Kenya on this tour.
August 12, 2002, 11:49 PM
Handle, khek khek khek
August 13, 2002, 01:18 AM
THe problem with cricinfo is that they give no info. During the Pakistan tour and Under 19s I had no idea what was going on with Mushrafe. It was a few months later I found out that he had a back injury and then he injured his knee. Ashraful has recently had an operation (ON WHAT!!). Javed Omar's injured (WITH WHAT!!). Hannan Sarkar was said to be injured and why was Mehrab dropped. I'm discusded with the fact that Enamul was dropped and the only thing I could think of was injury. Please tell me who's injured with what and for how long
August 13, 2002, 01:01 PM
Most of us here get cricket news of Bangladesh from the daliy newspapers that are online. Needless to say most of the news that is reported in the news gets posted on this messageboard.
If you go to the following link you'll get a list of most of the newspapers that are online:
The sports section of The Dailystar is usually good about covering cricket news in Bangladesh. I think I can speak for eveyone on this board when I say that the BCB site in Cricinfo badly needs someone to provide more detailed coverage of cricket news.
August 13, 2002, 05:29 PM
I didnt see rafiq or sujon in the squad that leaves today.
August 13, 2002, 08:58 PM
If it weren't for the daily star I wouldn't know about Javed or Ashraful but can you please answer my questions on what injuries
August 13, 2002, 11:49 PM
Rafique and Sujon was finally not included in the team, even though BD A captain Sanwar had been insisting on it to the BCB. And Mushfique seemed to be passing the fitness test.
1) Mashrafe was injured twice - one was back injury and the other injury was while doing skipping to recover from back injury. He will be back by December - WI tour of BD; according to Kriralok, a Bengali sports magazine, Mashrafe had been injured even before his maiden appearance in the national side against Zimbabwe.
2) Sharif is injured. He is currently consulting with an Indian doctor - the same doctor who has been treating Mashrafe
3) Javed Omar was injured during Pak tour to BD, finger injury, I think. He is told to be fit now, that is why he has been included in the BD A team.
4) I never heard of Ashraful being injured, where did you get this information from?
5) I think Hannan Sarkar is still injured, yet he has been included in the BD A team.
6) Mehrab was dropped because of poor form
7) Enamul was dropped because of age and also I suppose because there were too many left handed batsman in the SriLankan second test squad, so a right arm off spinner (Fahim Muntasir) was preferred to play in the second test against SL.
August 14, 2002, 06:02 PM
Thanx so much 4 that. I needed to know. I heard that Mashrafe needed a knee reconstruction after skipping. If so he's in great danger of repeatedly getting injured. I read in the Daily Star during the Grameen "Ashraful was out cheaply after coming back from an operation" did you hear that? It was a while ago. Hannah can't be too injured after playing both Tests and a One-Dayer. But thanks again
August 15, 2002, 12:54 AM
Since Hannan was injured in the first test match, after or during scoring his fifty - maiden test fifty that is, he has not scored a big innings of note to face further pain in his hand where he was hurt.
The only score that he made after that was his quickfire 30 runs in the second test match.
I also wonder about his future career in International cricket for getting out leg before on far too many occassions.
Have you heard? Talha Jubair is also injured (shin injury) and Mushfique has been finally called unfit. So, leg spinner Mosaddeq Hossain Rubel and paceman Alamgir Kabir take their place in the BD A team.
August 15, 2002, 01:33 PM
So its not only the national team, but also the A team is in Injury fever now.
Great. Things just go bad to worse for BD.
vBulletin® v3.7.2, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.