PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh-India Group B tie sold out

chinaman
March 12, 2007, 10:19 AM
Anand Daniel, chief executive of Trinidad and Tobago's Local Organising Combittee (LOC) of the World Cup, told the media here that Bangladesh's shock two-wicket win over the New Zealand in a warm-up match in Barbados last Tuesday created a 'happy problem' for the LOC and its ticket sales.

'That (win) actually helped us to actually sell out the India-Bangladesh match and now we're heading in that direction with the Bangladesh-Sri Lanka game as well,' Daniel said at a media conference.

He said the upset result showed that the World Cup was wide open and would be very interesting.

India-Bangladesh Group B tie also sold out >> (http://www.indiaenews.com/america/20070312/42724.htm)

AsifTheManRahman
March 12, 2007, 10:32 AM
if the bcci still complain about not making enough money out of bangladesh games, then either their marketing people are worthless, or indians living in india are not so cricket-loving after all.

Rabz
March 13, 2007, 04:31 AM
Lolz..is it the first time a BD game outside BD got sold out??
and thats even on a neutral ground...

BD-Shardul
March 13, 2007, 05:07 AM
It again proves that people no more consider us whipping Boy or Minnows. I hope Tigers will keep that up in the field against DADA.

maihu_don
March 13, 2007, 05:50 AM
bangladesh or bermuda .... alll india matches will be sold out event

billah
March 13, 2007, 05:57 AM

NONE, none of the other India matches are sold out as of yet. Media is reporting a big general disinterest in India about the world cup.

Sagacious
March 13, 2007, 06:09 AM
NONE, none of the other India matches are sold out as of yet. Media is reporting a big general disinterest in India about the world cup.

Excerpts from the story posted here (http://www.indiaenews.com/america/20070312/42724.htm)

"The India-Sri Lanka tie March 23 is being seen as the feature match of the group and the tickets for this were sold out three weeks ago."

Now will you please.... :D

roi
March 13, 2007, 06:12 AM
I think these 'Sold Out' event out breaks due to geographical position of West indies.Most of the fans are coming from USA or north America.I am also going to WI from Japan and it will take me almost 2 day to reach there.
So, my point is, not only the Bangladeshi form, but also little distance from North america also sparks fans to go there. I believe, South Aisans are joing this WC more than any before.

maihu_don
March 13, 2007, 06:12 AM

Indian cricket is not about general public , its about indians and has nothing to do with general interest or disinterest.

maihu_don
March 13, 2007, 06:14 AM
...Now will you please.... :D

:great:

Xavier
March 13, 2007, 06:21 AM
No doubt that this is the most interesting match of the first stage... unless some unpredicable upsets could happen!

Lidcombe
March 13, 2007, 06:22 AM
tigers love to hunt in sold out games......all the games that bd won was sold out*....gr8 news for us:flag: :)

*excluding warm up games and the tri series against BAR & CAN

al Furqaan
March 13, 2007, 09:00 AM
Indian cricket is not about general public , its about indians and has nothing to do with general interest or disinterest.

i call BS on that one...

CI just has an article published by an Indian journalist (so you know its the truth) that very little interest has been generated in india.

they said it would lucky if 5000 indians showed up this WC as oposed to the 50 K from 03

Kabir
March 13, 2007, 09:31 AM
Excerpts from the story posted here (http://www.indiaenews.com/america/20070312/42724.htm)

"The India-Sri Lanka tie March 23 is being seen as the feature match of the group and the tickets for this were sold out three weeks ago."

Now will you please.... :D
:great:

It's difficult to buy the story from an Indian newspaper. And more so, when it's about Indian cricket!

Heck, what about cricket...I wouldn't buy their story about anything!!!

Now will no please...?

Sagacious
March 13, 2007, 11:03 AM
[...edited...], news is from IANS (http://www.ians.in/) :floor:

maihu_don
March 13, 2007, 11:14 PM
i call BS on that one...

CI just has an article published by an Indian journalist (so you know its the truth) that very little interest has been generated in india.

they said it would lucky if 5000 indians showed up this WC as oposed to the 50 K from 03

Any links please ..... If you have gone thoriugh the article or some one has told you about this news.

And may be 5000 Indians from India ( US,UK,Canada,EUrope not included) also indians in west indies not considered.

maihu_don
March 13, 2007, 11:15 PM
It's difficult to buy the story from an Indian newspaper. And more so, when it's about Indian cricket!

Heck, what about cricket...I wouldn't buy their story about anything!!!

Now will no please...?

But I belive banglacricket.com when its about cricket prediction
:floor:

Kabir
March 13, 2007, 11:19 PM
But I belive banglacricket.com when its about cricket prediction
:floor:

Sorry bro, but that was really boring. Expected better from you. :yawn:

layperson
March 13, 2007, 11:56 PM
Maihu_don I like people with courage and it takes courage to be a member in a BD fans dominated forum and talk against BD. Now here is my deal, come the 17th of March if we lose then I will take a bow and apologize to you for all the anti indian cricket sentiments and for being overconfident. However if Bd wins I want you to apologize and shut your hole for good unless you have anything good to say abouot Bd cricket. Sounds fair ?

maihu_don
March 14, 2007, 01:05 AM
Maihu_don I like people with courage and it takes courage to be a member in a BD fans dominated forum and talk against BD. Now here is my deal, come the 17th of March if we lose then I will take a bow and apologize to you for all the anti indian cricket sentiments and for being overconfident. However if Bd wins I want you to apologize and shut your hole for good unless you have anything good to say abouot Bd cricket. Sounds fair ?

I am not talking against / for bangladesh. For that matter I have not started any anti bangladesh cricket discussion or anything like that. I only reacted to some of the posts. I am basically pissed of because of anti india feelings , which has nothing to do with cricket. Its pure politics mixed in cricket ...thats bad.

I am regular at a pakistani forum for years now, sometimes discussions will be hot there but they are never as bad as they are here.

Apology issue, If you want , you can any time apologies. I dont think I need to apologies to any one for anything. Besides that its just a game, you play bad you loose, you play well you win.

layperson
March 14, 2007, 11:14 AM
I am not talking against / for bangladesh. For that matter I have not started any anti bangladesh cricket discussion or anything like that. I only reacted to some of the posts. I am basically pissed of because of anti india feelings , which has nothing to do with cricket. Its pure politics mixed in cricket ...thats bad.

I am regular at a pakistani forum for years now, sometimes discussions will be hot there but they are never as bad as they are here.

Apology issue, If you want , you can any time apologies. I dont think I need to apologies to any one for anything. Besides that its just a game, you play bad you loose, you play well you win.

Ok first of all you are grossly mistaken when nyou say the anti India feeling is more to do with politics than to do with cricket. The political side of problems are discussed in forget cricket. The main issue that botheres most fans is cricket related ie, India not hosting us after we got Test status. There were scheduled tours according to the FTP of ICC but India did not honour those. They treated us with disdain(here they are the BCCI) hence the strong anti indian sentiments and even I share the same. Cricket is in its place and politics is in politic's place. I have issues with your cricket board and with your government but not with the Indian public in general. I just explained the cricekting reasons and if you read the news then you would know what political reasons can piss off a Bangladeshi. I have nothing against its people and also hate to generalize so I rather treat race and individuals separately. I think the same should go for you. Go through your posts here and you will find that you have been mocking banglacricket as well as bangladesh cricket in your posts ( they might not be anti bangladesh but they are inflammatory all the same). My point is do not judge bangladesh cricket based on some fans views. If you have problem with some individual fans view then take it up with him but do not bring Bangladesh cricket in between. As far as I know BCB has not done anything to make Indians angry whereas your beloved BCCI has, so I would think that having anti indian Cricekt sentiments are a bit more reasonable given the situation. Dont you? However you should also not take anything personally here and most discussions happen in the heat of the moment and we are as passionate as fans of our cricekt team as you if not more.

Ehsan
March 14, 2007, 12:44 PM
I can see that this thread is heading in the wrong direction. Please refrain from any inflammatory or attacking posts.

Ehsan
- Mod

al Furqaan
March 14, 2007, 01:18 PM
Any links please ..... If you have gone thoriugh the article or some one has told you about this news.

And may be 5000 Indians from India ( US,UK,Canada,EUrope not included) also indians in west indies not considered.

touche...

irteja
March 16, 2007, 01:18 AM
peace peace...relax ....keep ur head cool before the match start

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 16, 2007, 03:33 AM

If u said only 4 india BD's match's ticket were sold out u r wrong.Then Y should also BD vs SRI match's tickets were also sold out...or almost sold out.........So.....so wat now????

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 16, 2007, 03:48 AM

Mahiu_don,,,if there is no india there is no indian crowd in india..so blv me if BD go in india n suppose # match series ,,then there is u can see a jam packed stadium,,Y not,,When they beat first 2 matces thn u can see there is no crowd in dat stadium in 3rd ODI.So com on BCCI cheq it $ once in ur lifetimeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.