PDA

View Full Version : ponting'r matha kharap hoise

shovon13
March 12, 2007, 08:11 PM
is this (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/284998.html) the best they can come up with?

ponting and co. apparently had a high profile super classified awesomely philosphical meeting at the st. vincent fort the other day. according to the captain, EVERY player gave a couple of examples of things they want to keep inside the team and things they want to keep out (sure ricky).

i dont know about you guys, but this fort analogy sounds like a desperate attempt to buy back some aussie aura before the tournament starts. i mean seriously, look at this quote - "The fort is there to keep people in inside, but it's also to keep people outside"

umm...yes, thats cool and all. but how does that relate to, err, anything?

pagol-chagol
March 12, 2007, 08:20 PM
Looks like Ponting is successful. He wants yo'all to think they are crazy, nuts, wierdos. He is creating an "us against the world attitude". Ain't nuttin desperate about that. Its all time tested. Ponting didn't come out with the idea, I believe. Its from the cricket Pentagon think-tank of Sydney.

shovon13
March 12, 2007, 08:28 PM
i guess i see what you're saying with the 'us against the world attitude'. still, that analogy sounded more like a reluctantly done assignment for the teacher you hate than a winning strategy for a world beating team. unless, like you said, they want us to think they're nuts.

AsifTheManRahman
March 12, 2007, 11:30 PM
don't do a gavaskar here :) they're world beaters, and they know what they're doing. we'll be better off thinking of our own problems.

mac
March 13, 2007, 04:10 AM
Matha kharap hoileo mone hoi ei matha kharap lok tar hatei WC trophy uthbe. Pabnai to seat beshi nai. Koi j rakhi!