PDA

View Full Version : If Tigers were in any other group except 'B' they 'could easily through to super 8

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 13, 2007, 02:01 AM
:flag: It's so unfair.When ever We 've a chance in any competition then there 'ill be som problems 4 for da tigers.Tigers are performing well,we all know that.We also know this carrabian wicket is so damm similar to subcont6inent pitch.So all the country outside of subcontinent 've to struggle.if BD wr in group A or C or D,then they can easily 've the advantages.But in a group of India n Srilanka ,they also take the advantages.So ,it's so unfortunate n unfair??Can any 1 tell me how this selection was made By ICC,I mn the group selection.......

Tahsin Chowdhury(pitch_dark):flag:

Editing after some baseless comments....

SA konomote ireland er shate beat korse..n they r not good in this condition...

PAK is so much week in bowling in dis WC n their batting ,u know wat a unpredictable they are...
WI also unpredictable n weak team where they could all out within 83 runs...

Nz already beaten by Tigers n Eng is the worst WC side in this condition...

So,It is better 4 BD to be in a group except 'B'.............Clear hai.............now???

irteja
March 13, 2007, 02:27 AM
Yes compleatly agree with you..the whole group system is a joke and we are the victim of ICC's joke...
I like the Last year Group System much better....i strongly think 16 team in world cup is too much..there should be only 12 team and 2 groups...it means 5 match per group...then only every team will get a chance to go through..

IanW
March 13, 2007, 03:06 AM
Look, if you are going to win the comp, you have to knock India or Sri Lanka out of it.

You might as well get that out of the way in the group stage.

There's 2 games - India and Sri Lanka, both on neutral grounds. Win one, and you should go through. Thats all the team can control.

Ian Whitchurch

mac
March 13, 2007, 04:04 AM
Thats true, but it would be great for Bangladesh cricket if we beat India.

sunny747
March 13, 2007, 04:07 AM
We are good againts white teams. All the sub teams are quite similar......so it is difficult for BD.

Ejaj
March 13, 2007, 04:10 AM
It does not matter in which group we would be playing.. Since group postion was designed with Top 8 teams seeding in the groups, being No. 9, BD will always be playing with any other two test teams. It would remain group of death.

Well, it does not matter, whom we are playing. I will be happy if the team gives her best against any team. WIn Loose, doesnt matter against Sl or Ind.

nobody
March 13, 2007, 05:13 AM
If you want to be the best, beat the best. I have no problem with the grouping. it would be more sweeter for me to find out the "big bully" is no more their in super 8

BD-Shardul
March 13, 2007, 05:44 AM
So far I know--Allah Ja Koren, Bhalor Jonnoi Koren' - so I think we will be able to beat a big gun (Hopefully India), and go to super 8 stage.

Rabz
March 13, 2007, 05:48 AM
So which group you wanted us in bro??
Group A? against Australia and SA?
or C? against Pak and WI?
or D? against Eng and NZ?

i see no difference...
its all the same..
we still hv to beat a team which is superior to us in every single department ( by papers and performance so far)...
plus being ranked 9th...(11th at the time of group draw)... we would hv faced two other test teams any way...

so stop whinging...

IanW
March 13, 2007, 07:15 AM
Sydney,

Believe me or not if you want, but I think the bowlers that Bangladesh have taken to the Carribean are better than the bowlers Australia have taken to the Carribean.

Ian

BanglaCool
March 13, 2007, 07:32 AM
Ian
You are probably the most courageous of Bangladeshi supporters.
While we know that Bangladesh cricket team has a long way to go, I just wanted to thank you for your encouragement. My advice to my fellow fans is keep your feet grounded, rejoice when you have won.
See you in victory.

Rabz
March 13, 2007, 07:36 AM
Sydney,

Believe me or not if you want, but I think the bowlers that Bangladesh have taken to the Carribean are better than the bowlers Australia have taken to the Carribean.

Ian

Ian...i'd like to believe you then mate...

mhj007
March 13, 2007, 07:45 AM
ian is right,dont worry so much...we have to put our best effort in every match regarding whatever the opposition is and if we succed,we will win everytime.
Junior

capslock
March 13, 2007, 07:45 AM
Life isn't fair, deal with it, it's the only way we'll get stronger, if you're going to the Super 8 might as well earn it.

Mahmood
March 13, 2007, 08:30 AM

i see no difference...
its all the same..
we still hv to beat a team which is superior to us in every single department ( by papers and performance so far)...
plus being ranked 9th...(11th at the time of group draw)... we would hv faced two other test teams any way...

so stop whinging...

Group C would be a walk in the park. WI is totally lost and Pakistan is toothless, no bite. I wont be surprised if one of the minnows move to the next round from this group.

Tigers_eye
March 13, 2007, 09:03 AM
I say we don't worry about who we are facing. Our goal is the be the #1 team. The target should be replace SA or Aus. Not petty teams like SL or India. Win the cup (at least that what it should be at this stage). Not winning one game against the India or Sl. If not why bother playing. Lets go home and watch it on TV. Advantage players can watch replays.

To be the #1 one must go through the hardest in the worst situation and come out victorious. That allows wins against the lesser opponents with ease. I am happy we hold our own destiny. The first step is to believe. Lets go BD!!!

Mahmood
March 13, 2007, 09:18 AM
I want what you are smoking... Number 1? Winning the cup? In Bangla, we have a saying "Gachhe kathal gofe tel".

Dude, first make it to the 2nd round, if you can.

betaar
March 13, 2007, 09:30 AM
We are good againts white teams. All the sub teams are quite similar......so it is difficult for BD.

Ohh, really? most of our wins came against Zim and Kenya, what color are they? In fact if we do want to talk about color, then here's the truth, we only started winning against Zim when their white players were gone.

Color of the player isn't the factor, the factor is where they are from.

IanW
March 13, 2007, 09:36 AM

OK, lets go through it, bowler by bowler

Clarke vs Masrafee : Advantage Bangladesh

McGrath vs Rasel : Strong Advantage Australia

Tait vs Shahadat : I'm calling that a draw

Bracken vs Baiysa : Advantage Australia, but Tapash wont be playing.

Basically, Australia have a better fast bowling attack ... but not by that much

Slow bowlers

Symonds vs Rafique ... well, for a start, Rafique is fit. Advantage Bangladesh

Razzak vs ... gee, thats a question, isnt it ? Pitches are said to be slow.

So, yeah, much as I'd like Glenn McGrath on my team, I think you can make the argument that on slow pitches, you'd go with the Tiges.

Tigers_eye
March 13, 2007, 09:44 AM
I want what you are smoking... Number 1? Winning the cup? In Bangla, we have a saying "Gachhe kathal gofe tel".

Mahmood bhai,
emon koren kan? Those are my targets and hopefully the team's target too. In order to get there ofcourse one has to qualify the second round first. Ektu optimistic hoitey diben na. (Bhaggish undefeated champion boli nai. :lol: )

ekdin shotti shotti gach thekey kathal churi'r ar gofey tel dewar chobi post korbo.

Imteaz
March 14, 2007, 06:24 AM
I Think If Bangladesh is in the Group of Australia and South Africa The Situation Would be Like This.

tonoy
March 14, 2007, 06:42 AM
OK, lets go through it, bowler by bowler

Clarke vs Masrafee : Advantage Bangladesh

McGrath vs Rasel : Strong Advantage Australia

Tait vs Shahadat : I'm calling that a draw

Bracken vs Baiysa : Advantage Australia, but Tapash wont be playing.

Basically, Australia have a better fast bowling attack ... but not by that much

Slow bowlers

Symonds vs Rafique ... well, for a start, Rafique is fit. Advantage Bangladesh

Razzak vs ... gee, thats a question, isnt it ? Pitches are said to be slow.

So, yeah, much as I'd like Glenn McGrath on my team, I think you can make the argument that on slow pitches, you'd go with the Tiges.

wooh tait vs shahadat is draw? but tait sends out 160k missiles while shahadat merely flings 135k. rethink that one I guess.
razzak vs :confused: how about clark? and probably razzak would be the better choice.
:D :D

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 14, 2007, 02:00 PM

i see no difference...
its all the same..

so stop whinging...

PAK is so much week in bowling in dis WC n their batting ,u know wat a unpredictable they are...

So,It is better 4 BD to be in a group except 'B'.............Clear hai.............now???

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 14, 2007, 02:06 PM
:flag: It's so unfair.When ever We 've a chance in any competition then there 'ill be som problems 4 for da tigers.Tigers are performing well,we all know that.We also know this carrabian wicket is so damm similar to subcont6inent pitch.So all the country outside of subcontinent 've to struggle.if BD wr in group A or C or D,then they can easily 've the advantages.But in a group of India n Srilanka ,they also take the advantages.So ,it's so unfortunate n unfair??Can any 1 tell me how this selection was made By ICC,I mn the group selection.......

Tahsin Chowdhury(pitch_dark):flag:

Murad
March 14, 2007, 02:51 PM
tahsin bhai.. ek jinish bar bar keno post koren???

Kabir
March 14, 2007, 02:54 PM
tahsin bhai.. ek jinish bar bar keno post koren???

Someone mentioned to me a few day s back, when I asked someone else why he was posting the same message over and over again (3/4 times at that time!). And I was told: "When we state your things repeatedly, it can become a fact". :)

Hatebreed
March 14, 2007, 03:15 PM
I want what you are smoking...

Me too.

Is it fresh from afghanistan? PM me.

BangladeshFan
March 14, 2007, 03:18 PM
i think Bd would have the best chance if they were in that Eng-Nz group. Both England and Nz are over rated and their batsmen usually struggle against spin. But Pak-WI group I think is quite strong actually. WI with crowd support and their medium pace attack will go far in this tournament and almost a certainty in semi. Pakistan will gain strength with time, they also got a good swing attack(even without asif) and experienced batsmen and will be a cup contender.

But lets not be negative yet. I hope Indians and Srilankans are basking in sun shine while Bd is silently getting prepared for giving them a mighty fight. We just want 2 or 3 of our guns to fire, and we will set the cat among the pigeons :)

nzfan
March 14, 2007, 05:52 PM
you people are so big headed

just because you beat new zealand once doesnt mean you are better than them
the new zealand team will reach the semi finals they have twice in the last 4 world cups only to in 1992 be balted in the last 5 overs by a young player named inzamam
and then against pakistan again in 1999 from saeed anwars brilliance
we most probably would of again in 2003 hadnt we decided to boycott the games in zimbabwe and kenya
we beat south africa by 9 wickets ffs

before i consider bangladesh a world class team they have to be more consistant than win one game against a big team 1 or 2 times a year

a team is only as good as their proformances thats why australia is such a good team their consistancy

kalpurush
March 14, 2007, 06:26 PM

Mahmood bhai: The year would be 2015!....Tiger bhai forgot to mention it!!:-D

layperson
March 14, 2007, 06:30 PM
you people are so big headed

just because you beat new zealand once doesnt mean you are better than them
the new zealand team will reach the semi finals they have twice in the last 4 world cups only to in 1992 be balted in the last 5 overs by a young player named inzamam
and then against pakistan again in 1999 from saeed anwars brilliance
we most probably would of again in 2003 hadnt we decided to boycott the games in zimbabwe and kenya
we beat south africa by 9 wickets ffs

before i consider bangladesh a world class team they have to be more consistant than win one game against a big team 1 or 2 times a year

a team is only as good as their proformances thats why australia is such a good team their consistancy

I agree that we have to be consistent in order to be considered top class but do you think NZ themselves are top class? ( looking at consistency) Yes we are way below NZ now in terms of consistency. I just hope the tigers can back up our confidence in them in the years to come. Till then I agree to all you have said. :)

Outswinger
March 14, 2007, 09:48 PM
Don't make stupid comments like that caz another group would have had few great teams in there too like ; Australia & South Africa :) .

nzfan
March 15, 2007, 01:46 AM
i dont think new zealand will ever be truly world class
rugby is our main sport
and we just dont have the population or player base , shane bond is 1 in a million for us

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 15, 2007, 03:15 AM
i dont think new zealand will ever be truly world class
rugby is our main sport
and we just dont have the population or player base , shane bond is 1 in a million for us

R u a newzealander or Bangladeshi,,,I confused

IanW
March 17, 2007, 05:07 PM

Believe.

Bearman
March 17, 2007, 05:33 PM
I think its pathetic that some say there are too many teams in the WC. For pity's sake Bangladesh has struggled for years to get regular games against top opposition (India still won't let you tour them). That people want to deprive other up and coming nations of big games is just wrong. Bangladesh were a joke in the 2003 WC, should you have been allowed to play there?

Sorry to be negative on such a great day, I am delighted with todays win, and logged in to say congratulations from an English cricket fan!

Mahmood
March 18, 2007, 12:49 AM
Group C would be a walk in the park. WI is totally lost and Pakistan is toothless, no bite. I wont be surprised if one of the minnows move to the next round from this group.

There you go, as expected. What a pathetic group!

Orpheus
March 18, 2007, 01:07 AM
There you go, as expected. What a pathetic group!

great prediction.....only if you placed a bet on it, I could have had free biriyani....

heathen
March 18, 2007, 01:17 AM
there should be only 12 team and 2 groups...it means 5 match per group...then only every team will get a chance to go through..

Please, we have already seen today how the "minnows" are fairing against the "powerful" ones. Adding the so-called mediocre teams in a tournament can only add interest and suspense to it, much like the March Madness (for those that follow it). Not to mention, Cricket is not a popular sports worldwide, and if it gains more popularity and exposure by adding more teams, do it by all means. The teams that think they are good enough, will win no matter who they face or how many 1st round games they play.

Anyways, Bangladesh is still in great shape to advance. From what we have seen today, they are more than ready to face the Sri-Lankans (I am sure they will be extra prepared as well). From a personal standpoint, I'd much rather play in this group than any other, because we get to "ruin" one of our rival's/neighbor's chances to advance. I'd have actually preferred PAK in this group too, but I suppose that is too arrogant an opinion...

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 18, 2007, 01:22 AM
I think its pathetic that some say there are too many teams in the WC. For pity's sake Bangladesh has struggled for years to get regular games against top opposition (India still won't let you tour them). That people want to deprive other up and coming nations of big games is just wrong. Bangladesh were a joke in the 2003 WC, should you have been allowed to play there?

Sorry to be negative on such a great day, I am delighted with todays win, and logged in to say congratulations from an English cricket fan!

Listen Dis is a gr8 day $ BD cricket n U just shouldn't talk lik dat,,ok???
WE r going 2 meet ur team England in the 2nd round,,don't b excited,Just wait $ the day,& dis r not upsets......Dis is the things we ve been doing for 2 years nowwwwwwwwww...

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 18, 2007, 01:25 AM

& ur England is always a joke in ASHES.............& dis WC i think They r not even a team,They just invented a game called cricket....So it's only ur credit,muhahahahhaahaa

Bearman
March 18, 2007, 11:18 AM
No need to be so defensive, if Bangladesh deserved to beat England and did so I would be happy for them.

"& ur England is always a joke in ASHES.............& dis WC i think They r not even a team,They just invented a game called cricket...."
Not a team? strange comment given the immense support the English team gets despite being the 2nd or 3rd most popular sport in the country.

My point about the number of teams in the WC cup stands, which you obviously agree with as you didnt mention it.

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 19, 2007, 05:04 AM
No need to be so defensive, if Bangladesh deserved to beat England and did so I would be happy for them.

"& ur England is always a joke in ASHES.............& dis WC i think They r not even a team,They just invented a game called cricket...."
Not a team? strange comment given the immense support the English team gets despite being the 2nd or 3rd most popular sport in the country.

My point about the number of teams in the WC cup stands, which you obviously agree with as you didnt mention it.

Hmm u better keep saying dat...Canada gave a scare 2 England last nite.Nd if Tigers through 2 da 2nd round then here comes another win against England.LOL

Shafin
March 19, 2007, 07:30 AM
Change the title,sir, and put peacocks in place of Tigers