PDA

View Full Version : Tigers....Go kill some DINOSURES!!

Ahmed_B
March 13, 2007, 09:28 AM
So many threads are floating all over the BC world-cup forum all full of high hopes and even anxieties of the passionate Tiger-fans. What we think might and might not happen in the matches against IND & SL, what we want or want-not to happen –all those possibilities have been talked about a lot already.

But then, what exactly are the fans from the other side (IND/SL) thinking about the same matches??
Wouldn’t it be good to know? :)

Take a look at what I found while browsing BBC’s 606-Cricket section:

Discussion-1: BANGLADESH VS. INDIA!! WAKE UP CALL!!! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A20681291)

After bangladesh's triumph over the Kiwis, I have started to believe that there is a possibility of them beating the indians in their first match. If Dravid and Dhoni don't deliver that day, india will be in trouble. ......

And as far as the bowling goes,I HONESTLY BELIEVE BANGLA BOOWLING IS BETTER THAN INDIANS if india post around 250, i think bangladesh can easily get it... there is not enough fire in munaf, sreesanth, zaheer or pathan. the only real strike bowler that india possess is kumble.
SO IT IS A WAKE UP CALL FOR ALL INDIAN FANS.
IF THEY ARE BEATEN BY BANGLADESH THEY WILL BE ALMOST OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT .. CUZ AFTER BEING BEATEN BY BANGLADESH IT WON'T BE EASY TO DEFEAT THE LANKANS.

Discussion-2: Tough task ahead for SL Group Matches! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A20630387)

In my view, Sri Lanka is in a group where there is just one minnow. Therefore it is important that they treat every game as important and do their best to win. India is a strong side but how about Bangladesh! They seems to be the Giant killers of this season and what scares me the most is they were been coached by Watmore who lead Sri Lanka to it's WC triumph.
I hope all the best for Sri Lanka!

well, India, SL, Bangladesh can beat Bermuda.
What would happen if India beat SL, SL beat Bangladesh, but Bangladesh beat India?

I know that they will look at the run rate, but there is a possibility SL could get pushed out inspite of beating bangladesh. SL needs a big runrate from the Bermuda and Bangladesh matches to prevent that possibility.

The chance that BD engineers an upset cannot be ruled out so for SL and Ind the SL-Ind game is very crucial
It is a very tight call with SL marginally in front as favs. But India is looking confident so really too close to call expect an eciting game and probably one of the most crucial ties (SL v Ind) in plrelims apart from Aus-SA game

Discussion-3: LONG LIVE BANGLADESH (http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A20662481)
(Probably a thread by a non-Bangladeshi!)

The World Cup is knocking harder.And I discovered that there will be two different streams of people,viewing this keeping the mind-sets opposite from each-other.One are us the people from third world, putting our fingers crossed for a taste of success and even the slightest of it will make us happy as we have the dignity to accept what is there in a sporting manner and there will be the other group of people who love to see themselves in the headlines of all newspapers and from them, even the slighest of our success get the treatment of flook or the loosers were half-strength or it was a warm-up or any thing-they in their life-time are not in a position to respet our success.Even if u see a lovely cover-drive or a straight-drive,from a BD batsman,u'll somehow come to know from some certain wise guys that it was a poor delevery from the bowler-not necessarily the batsman should be accredited for the shot,he played.Can't u remember of these events if u take a visit to the memory lane?

So what I want to say,that,scripts or no scripts a group is always ready not to appreciate but to be harsh on our failures and belittle our success.This time that group is experiencing some resistance from the other group where people who are other than them belong.This is something new, indigestible and irritating for the people who'd be speaking ill to us as they are experiencing that they no longer can escape by saying something harsh,to us in return they are getting some back too.This is a huge gain for us in this World Cup as I believe from now on every body will start to practice respect to others and their feelings ,emotions by not throwing words like "minnow","lowly","flook"-because if they do,it will not be spared and BD supporers know how to do that.

The passion for cricket has made Bangladesh as Cricket's new guardian and the world has to be grateful to Bangladesh,'cos Bangladesh has plenty to offer to make cricket glorious.LONG LIVE BANGLADESH.

Now I don’t know what will happen when BD plays these two teams, but I would like to say the same thing as someone said in some other thread of BC, “I am really enjoying every single moment of this strong spotlight on the tigers all over the Group-B WC match discussions!"

:flag::flag:All the best wishes to the Tigers! :flag::flag:
Go kill some DINOSURES!! :)

taklima_naj
March 13, 2007, 09:48 AM
it was exciting to read

Tigers_eye
March 13, 2007, 09:54 AM
jitbo karon jitboi. Inshallah!!

Kabir
March 13, 2007, 10:19 AM
Inshallah. Hope that our Tigers can be loyal to the fans.

imtiaz82
March 13, 2007, 05:42 PM
After reading all these articles I am getting more nervous, never before have we faced another test playing with so much expectation to win.

Because of all the media hype India will be dead serious about the match and Bangladesh will have to play exceptionally well to cause any kind of upset.

Protic
March 13, 2007, 05:57 PM
Kabir : bro..dont want to push over my replies over yours.. but even if they dont win but play well and play to their merit.. they will be loyal to us. Our team needs a bit more time..and we are ready to give...even though some wins would be great.

Ahmed : Nice thread man..nice search.

Protic
March 13, 2007, 06:03 PM
Didnt wanted to edit the previous post.
Actually.. some of us [ bangali fans ] are quite rude towards the indians.. and what i see from the comments of those reports Ahmed_B , indians arent being rude or posting any bad comments about us instead backing us..and they are giving good respect.

I was kinda amazed.... to be frank.

Hatebreed
March 13, 2007, 06:17 PM
I think although NZ victory has given us a lot of much needed confidence, it's also raised people's expectations of us, which can put a lot of pressure on the players. I just hope they keep their concentration and feet on the ground.

al Furqaan
March 13, 2007, 07:42 PM
After reading all these articles I am getting more nervous, never before have we faced another test playing with so much expectation to win.

Because of all the media hype India will be dead serious about the match and Bangladesh will have to play exceptionally well to cause any kind of upset.

imtiaz, akhi, welcome back...

why so long no hear on BC?