PDA

View Full Version : Do we need to re-think the team against India?

WarWolf
March 13, 2007, 01:58 PM
I have been trying to find out the pitches behaviour in west indies. Today I was watching Pak-Windies match and found out that our team has some real lack in bowling. As it seems to me Windies pitches would suit off-spin and also moderate medium spin bowling. I hope our lefty leg spinners would do a nice job to restrict oponent scoring rate and also in taking wickets. But if they fails what other options do we have?

We really need atleast 1 good off spinner. But for this we need to include Rajin instead of Tamim in the squad? How much worth would that be? I am not sure. I heard that Hablu was an occational off-spinner. I think he should try some off spinning practice for the next few days. He may try himself for a part time bowler for just 1/2 overs. If after was in good rhythm i could have been nice. But i am also worried in this dept.

I am much confident about our batting dept. But for bowling, I really can't find much light if our regular leg spinners can't prove much that day.:o :o :o

pagol-chagol
March 13, 2007, 02:08 PM
Bhaji will wreck havoc

Sagacious
March 13, 2007, 02:20 PM
More excuses ;)

Farhad
March 13, 2007, 02:27 PM
More excuses ;)

Dude....You must have a pretty sad life....Imagine spending your whole day on a forum.....:floor: L-)

Sagacious
March 13, 2007, 02:32 PM
^ Tell your Admin to increase the session time, for the time being, it's unlimited :floor:

Understand bacha BD4eva

BD Tigers
March 13, 2007, 02:42 PM
No need to change. Our SLAs are good enuf to fry this big fish on 17th.:D

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/03/14/d70314013321p.htm

Murad
March 13, 2007, 03:54 PM
^ Tell your Admin to increase the session time, for the time being, it's unlimited :floor:

Understand bacha BD4eva

are you an indian??

Farhad
March 13, 2007, 09:04 PM

Understand bacha BD4eva

L-)

kalpurush
March 13, 2007, 11:28 PM
More excuses ;)

for what?:-/

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 14, 2007, 10:58 AM
dhur........no need of off spin,india is very good at spin...........huh,i tink slow medium bowl will be tough for india,and we have that.

Fazal
March 14, 2007, 11:06 AM
Bhaji will wreck havoc

Bhaji with parata will be perfect breakfast for Bangladeshi players. Now we need to figure out who is the parata. My guess its Pathan, bowling wise he is off form for a while.

allrounder
March 14, 2007, 11:10 AM
kumble will be tougher than bhajji since kumble is more straight, flat and varying speed.

BangladeshCricket
March 14, 2007, 01:20 PM
We have no option to do overnight changes as we are what we are.
Our top order has to contribute and middle order needs to bat for more than 5 to 10 overs. I believe we really need to think about our bowling, whether to use a third seamer or include another SLA.

Mohiul
March 14, 2007, 01:51 PM
Bhaji with parata will be perfect breakfast for Bangladeshi players. Now we need to figure out who is the parata. My guess its Pathan, bowling wise he is off form for a while.

parata koyta khaoya jay breakfaste? at least pachta khetei hobe

WarWolf
March 14, 2007, 03:20 PM
Tomorrow we will see Srilanka vs Barmuda match and will be able to find out how the wicket with behave where BD will face india on 17th.

BangladeshFan
March 14, 2007, 03:36 PM
Bd has enough spinners , I am more worried with the opening attack. Bd should play rasel instead of shahadat. shahadat can become erratic and will be cannon fodder for the indian top order. i dont mind if they come down the wicket to rasel, atleast he will keep to line and length, besides sehwag is known to struggle against left arm seamers. We should play 2 seamers, 2 spinners that is our strength.

Tigers_eye
March 14, 2007, 03:40 PM
More excuses ;)
I haven't heard your side of the long list of excuses of yesterday's game. like positive testing or going after unarmed fan with heavily protected armor and oversized bat. Here I got another one: openers are all guddars. ;) :p

akabir77
March 14, 2007, 04:01 PM
I haven't heard your side of the long list of excuses of yesterday's game. like positive testing or going after unarmed fan with heavily protected armor and oversized bat. Here I got another one: openers are all guddars. ;) :p

T_E amer money hoy ai beta r er indian bauddy meley amader shatey fazlami korchey. shobe thread ey ader agaomon jekhaney bharot key nea bola hoise. money hoy aito bharotio but dekhachey paki. or shob jukti in other threads tai boley. agularey shasti dea dorker. ajkey dekhi r ekta bharotio register korsey...:floor: ami aishob icon dilam jatey beta money korey ami hasir kichu bolsi...:saint:

asifricky
March 14, 2007, 04:33 PM
ashraful for opener

Fazal
March 14, 2007, 04:39 PM
ashraful for opener

Kiser Vitor ki Panta Bhate Ghee :head:

habfreak
March 14, 2007, 05:31 PM
ashraful for opener
vaijan...eta world cup...Somebody even suggested dropping Rahim in favour of an extra batsman and playing Ash as keeper...why do u guys wanna fix somrthing that aint broke?:flag: ..panta vate ghee is right..lol

Murad
March 14, 2007, 05:31 PM
ashraful for opener

you wanna end his career or what???

layperson
March 14, 2007, 05:44 PM
T_E amer money hoy ai beta r er indian bauddy meley amader shatey fazlami korchey. shobe thread ey ader agaomon jekhaney bharot key nea bola hoise. money hoy aito bharotio but dekhachey paki. or shob jukti in other threads tai boley. agularey shasti dea dorker. ajkey dekhi r ekta bharotio register korsey...:floor: ami aishob icon dilam jatey beta money korey ami hasir kichu bolsi...:saint:

:lol::floor: Apni to onek chalak manush dekhi !!!!

ialbd
March 14, 2007, 06:00 PM

shotti shotti ei 'bishesh' bharotio othoba pak shodhossho gular montobbo pore gaa jole jachhe, kintu jotodur bujhtesi era boyoshe oporipokko (eto kothin bangla nijeo onekdin babohar korinai).... jaihok inshAllah eder mukh bondho kore dite parbo shotero tarikher pore......:-D

Outswinger
March 14, 2007, 10:47 PM

Getting Shewag early would be a real boost :)........

Out of form since long ;

WarWolf
March 15, 2007, 05:38 AM
Rasel will be suited much in this wicket. I watched in the first two days of the tournament that seam bowlers who can move balls are more effective here than speedy bowlers. Though Rasel lacks pace, he has the ability to move the new ball. This is importatnt. Mashi is in good touch. We need a 3rd seamer. We have to rely on Aftab for this position. I am praying him to keep his line and length.

Fazal
March 15, 2007, 07:25 AM
Getting Shewag early would be a real boost :)........

Out of form since long ;

Ya ... thats reminds me of the 2nd breakfast Menu options for our bowlers: Luchi (Shewag) and Halwa (dada).:D

roaring tigerz
March 15, 2007, 12:16 PM
play mashrafee, rasel AND shahadat. as simple as that!

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 01:47 PM
i am pretty impressed by the optimistic outlook here among BD fans...

i just hope..india does not inflict a humiliating defeat to BD team..

with The Rahul Dravid as captain ..every indian player will be on their toes to perform...and give clinical performance...

Dravid is one player who give respect to his opposition and does not allow complacency to set in....

it seems posters here are underestimating the indian bowling...

i don't know much about BD bowlers..but their batsmen will be tested by Zaheer, Munaf and agarkar..

and as games are progressing in WC.it is evident that pitches are slow and low...

and Bhajji and Kumble will be more than enough to restrict runs and take some wickets...

i am looking forward to saturday...

planning to have Rohu Machli and chawal (Bhat).as dinner...

Kabir
March 15, 2007, 02:04 PM
planning to have Rohu Machli and chawal (Bhat).as dinner...

That's an old and cliche joke. Pace it up and be more up-to-date man. :)

imran78
March 15, 2007, 02:22 PM
play mashrafee, rasel AND shahadat. as simple as that!

the problem with that is then we will have to leave out either rafiq or razzaq. razzaq is in the form of his life and rafiq has always performed well against quality opposition so i wouldnt leave either of them out. and i agree with the poster that said rasel will be better suited for these WI pitches than rajib so we should go with him and hope for the best.

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 02:39 PM
That's an old and cliche joke. Pace it up and be more up-to-date man. :)

i am sorry kabir..but how is it a joke...?

i am not a bengali so do not eat fish that regularly...although i have spent considerable time in WB...

and my sentence was purely on the food... i did not mean any hindsight joke or any cliche statement..

i am seriously planning to have fish-rice on saturday...:-|