PDA

View Full Version : We respect Bangladesh : Dravid

Miraz
March 14, 2007, 09:48 AM
Current Tour

World Cup 2007
Dravid Wary of Bangladesh

14 March 2007
Indian captain Rahul Dravid is well aware about the potential challenge from their group mate Bangladesh against whom India would be opening its cricket World Cup campaign at Trinidad and Tobago.
"We respect Bangladesh. We saw what they did against New Zealand. We've got to be at our best to escape any upset," Dravid said at a press conference on Tuesday after a training session at the Sir Frank Worrell Ground in the University of West Indies. http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read » (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/tour.php)

Tehsin
March 14, 2007, 10:06 AM
We should have lost to New Zealand badly. ;)

capslock
March 14, 2007, 10:24 AM
Dammit, I really wish Dada was captain again, at least he would have the good manners to underestimate us!

FaridpurChicago
March 14, 2007, 10:35 AM
Respect na koira upay ache? India will be out just if we can push little bit. They are already on the rope.

cricket_dorshok
March 14, 2007, 10:41 AM
17 tarike harar por journalist der samne ki bolbe ekhon jodi respect na kore!

capslock
March 14, 2007, 10:58 AM
Bhai, eto lafalafir por jodi na jiti tahole kintu serious beijjot, ami nije ek bharotio bondhur bhashay giye dekhbo, take already onek trash talk korechhi, bakita doler hate.

AsifTheManRahman
March 14, 2007, 11:02 AM
Bhai, eto lafalafir por jodi na jiti tahole kintu serious beijjot, ami nije ek bharotio bondhur bhashay giye dekhbo, take already onek trash talk korechhi, bakita doler hate.

ei jonno ami trash talk kori na. reallistically, amader jitar chance 20%. jodi new zealandke na haratam, tahole hoto 10%.

Miraz
March 14, 2007, 11:10 AM

I cannot agree with you. We earned this media attraction. A loss to India does not demean everything.

We have progressed, that's not a hype, a truth. Even if we fail in WC, we will be continuing our good run. That's more important than even reaching semifinal of WC.

Remember Kenya?

FaridpurChicago
March 14, 2007, 11:11 AM
I know that 20%. In fact everyone knows.
tai trash talk kora thik na. tobe i don't find anything wrong in lafalafi.
ta chara agaie lafalafi kora bhalo jodi pore na korte pari!

AsifTheManRahman
March 14, 2007, 11:44 AM
ta chara agaie lafalafi kora bhalo jodi pore na korte pari!

hehe taaw thik. 17th e onek asha niye khela dekhte boshbo. kintu harle mind korbo na.

Spitfire_x86
March 14, 2007, 11:54 AM
Instead of a link to Banglacricket's tour page, I would prefer a direct link to the original article.

Miraz
March 14, 2007, 12:00 PM
Instead of a link to Banglacricket's tour page, I would prefer a direct link to the original article.

This is the in brief news, BanglaCricket is providing for its forum members. The news is updated in the tour page.

For other news and articles, web is wide open, do a web search on Bangladesh or India cricket team. :)

Here is a link (http://www.cricketworld.com/india/article/?aid=10028) for you.

Shafin
March 14, 2007, 12:34 PM
[বাংলা]এখন তো সম্মান করবাই,হারার পরে অজুহাত দেখাইতে হবে না।[/বাংলা]

BangladeshCricket
March 14, 2007, 01:10 PM
I think we should lower our expectations and just wait for that day. Ind has far better preparation than us due to 'their year round schedule' made by ICC. They played more cricket than us. And if anyone plays and practices more, they will win.

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 14, 2007, 02:17 PM
BD kokhono sobar expected win pai na,,all thier big win came in a unexpected way,,so lets not hope..then we ill ve a chance....ar WC e india jan dia khelbe ,,eibar tader best chance....

Tigers_eye
March 14, 2007, 02:40 PM
Manush, ami, apnara ki hope kori tatey kisu asha jai na. What matters the most is how the player react on the field. I have utmost confidence this time around. We expect a fight. Fight to the end. UNITED WE STAND. Think of Synergy. Individually we may not stack up to them but collectively they can be handled no matter how good they are.

Doubters need to revisit the following thread which I just finished reading from the beginning to the end. An unbelievable rollar coster ride. Everyone on the field contributed whole heartedly.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=7410

Allah korey ami jeno potka futaitey pari on the 17th.

FaridpurChicago
March 14, 2007, 02:46 PM
Allah korey ami jeno potka futaitey pari on the 17th.

Ditto + United we Stand.

Spitfire_x86
March 14, 2007, 08:08 PM
This is the in brief news, BanglaCricket is providing for its forum members. The news is updated in the tour page.

For other news and articles, web is wide open, do a web search on Bangladesh or India cricket team. :)

Here is a link (http://www.cricketworld.com/india/article/?aid=10028) for you.
Are you in the WI now? Did you interview Dravid?

Kamnew
March 14, 2007, 10:37 PM
Dravid knows that he can not under-estimate any side, in ODI anything is possible on a given day. So he has to staay focused and he plays his cricket very hard..he puts a huge price on his wicket , off late he has also mastered ODI batting. As a captain, he can not afford to lose to a weaker side..he knows that...

Outswinger
March 14, 2007, 10:42 PM
Dravid knows that he can not under-estimate any side, in ODI anything is possible on a given day. So he has to staay focused and he plays his cricket very hard..he puts a huge price on his wicket , off late he has also mastered ODI batting. As a captain, he can not afford to lose to a weaker side..he knows that...

Don't predict us a weaker side anymore . If we can't beat India then we will beat Srilanka . So , no worries for us ........

Miraz
March 15, 2007, 03:07 AM
Are you in the WI now? Did you interview Dravid?

Read the news again

"Dravid said at a press conference on Tuesday after a training session at the Sir Frank Worrell Ground in the University of West Indies."

It was an official ICC press conference. The news is open to everyone.

Kamnew
March 15, 2007, 11:09 PM
Dravid and Chappell will lose their jobs if India loses to Bangladesh.

Ahmed_B
March 16, 2007, 02:31 AM
Dravid and Chappell will lose their jobs if India loses to Bangladesh.
It is probably time already for your team and fans to grow out of that "job-losing-complex" and start to take a defeat to Bangladesh team as just a defeat! Because today or tomorrow... India will start losing 5 our of 10 matches they play against BD. They might have to think about keeping 7 standby captains then.. because they will need a new captain after every 2 matches! ;)

imran78
March 16, 2007, 02:54 AM
off late he has also mastered ODI batting.

:floor:

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 16, 2007, 05:19 AM
WC is something, where we can get more and more. on the other hand India will be under pressure becoz Bangladesh can be jiant killer team... so Dravid..u know what we r exactly gonna give u

desirocker
March 16, 2007, 08:05 AM
i don know why i'm feeling this way. I think tomorrow will be our day. May be I'm over confident like the time I was when Bangladesh faced pakistan in Asia Cup whick took place in Dhaka after we had beaten Pakistan, and everybody knows that we lost so badly. But still man, I think tomorrow will be our day.
Saturday, March 17, 2007-------- India becomes the first World Cup Winning Nation who's been defeated twice by the Tigers of Bangladesh. May Allah keep bleesing Bangladesh

Thank You

sonali123
March 16, 2007, 08:16 AM
Good ol Rahul. Always respect the opponent. Now if only he would stop overestimating Sehwag and drop him!