PDA

View Full Version : An Indian view

saab_rn
March 14, 2007, 03:59 PM
As my id suggests i am an Indian cricket fan and like everyone on this board looking forward to our first game against Bangladesh. While going through various post i saw the confidence you all have in your team, which is a good thing but i felt a few posters are over confident.

Its a game someone will win and someone will lose but lets be honest an Indian win is more likely. I am not claiming India will win no matter what but majority of posters will accept if Bangladesh does win it will be termed an 'upset'.

I noticed a whole lot of you are upset with BCCI because of various reason. Try visiting Indian cricket forums, majority of Indian fans are just as mad at BCCI as you all are maybe for different reasons but bottom line is the whole commercialization of cricket is not exactly going well with most of Indian cricket fans.

I read comments like Indian bowling is weak. Yes compared to our batting line up it is weak, compared to Aussie and even SA bowling line up it is weak but i am sure BD batsman are going to find them handful.

For all those who are worried about Dhoni do remember he comes at 7. Watchout for Uthappa. He will open and he can tonk that ball. His strike rate is 115 and avg 36, to put things in prospective Afridi SR is 109, Dhoni's SR is 98, Gilchrist's SR is 96, Aftab Ahmed SR is 87 with avg of 29.

Anyways looking forward to a good game of cricket. May the best team win.

ikthiander
March 14, 2007, 04:11 PM
saab, i agree india is strong, but even bangladeshi fans are changing their mentality along with their team, because bangladeshi cricket team is in form at the moment. also, bangladeshi fans are angry because of some different reasons, like even indian journalist being racists to them. whatever happens in the match, the hope of bangladeshis is to get some respect back from india, because of the continuous insult that has been put up against bangadesh cricket in indian media, cricinfo and also indian cricket board. any opinion on these insults?

billah
March 14, 2007, 04:18 PM
I think India will will open with Dhoni on the 17th...

saab_rn
March 14, 2007, 04:18 PM
saab, i agree india is strong, but even bangladeshi fans are changing their mentality along with their team, because bangladeshi cricket team is in form at the moment. also, bangladeshi fans are angry because of some different reasons, like even indian journalist being racists to them. whatever happens in the match, the hope of bangladeshis is to get some respect back from india, because of the continuous insult that has been put up against bangadesh cricket in indian media, cricinfo and also indian cricket board. any opinion on these insults?

i can very well understand the frustation most of you feel everytime Bangladesh visit to India gets postponed, but as i said modern cricket is no longer about two teams competing on field, its more about money. India is scheduled to play 3 ODIs against Aussies in scotland after world cup, what was BCCI thinking ? lets just say money.

I am new on this board so would like to stay away from any political topic. Hope you understand.

TheWatcher
March 14, 2007, 04:22 PM
Saab_rn, welcome to the board.

Speaking for myself, I agree with what you said. Fact of the matter is that we badly need to win this match to gain the respect of your board, your fellow fans, and the rest of the world. Our players know this very well, and I just hope this will inspire them enough to beat your team.

Tigers_eye
March 14, 2007, 04:25 PM
It started with Ganguly's support of two tier system. Then BCCI's ignorant comments like "BD will only gain lunch money if they tour India". Then pursuing ICC to break their own rules and not schedule any tour for BD at India in FTP. And for Mr. Rajesh (esteemed journalist of Cricinfo), he is imortalized here at BanglaCricket. There are several other journalist/fans who called for taking away of the test status. If the big brother don't lend a helping hand for us to grow then why even bother pretending to be a friend?

Anyways, I am optimistic that our boys will show something that we all want at the end of the day. Welcome to BC. Crush indian cricket team and then stomp at the press conference.

Mahir
March 14, 2007, 04:26 PM
saab, you deserve a few thank-yous for coming up with such a sane post, unlike a few other indians on this board. There's logic in what you're saying, and believe me, most of us whom u marked as being over-confident, also have that same logic nicely kept aside in their head. Now you can't blame us for getting swayed in sheer dreams and passion. Also, to put it bluntly, some of us are really going nuts about a BD win because they just simply love to dislike India as a cricket team. The spotlight of the occasion of this WC has much to do with that.

When BD dont play, India is my favourite team. But still, watching the Tigers over the years and the stage of development that they have reached today, I too am hoping for a BD win, which will obviously be termed as an upset, since India is starting this campaign as one of the favourites. But there wont be a cakewalk for India anymore, and that's a certainty.

Protic
March 14, 2007, 04:27 PM
I agree too.. India is strong and are likely to win.. but bangladesh has a realistic chance..if they do beat India it will be an upset BUT not a major upset..because many people actually anticipate a bangladesh victory excluding bangladesh fans.
And to talk about India bowling..they are good bowlers.. but some are over-rated.
Thats true..Sreesanth is over rated,Harbhajan is over rated. I can explain.. but if im asked..no need to if people agrees.

saab_rn
March 14, 2007, 04:38 PM
Saab_rn, welcome to the board.

Speaking for myself, I agree with what you said. Fact of the matter is that we badly need to win this match to gain the respect of your board, your fellow fans, and the rest of the world. Our players know this very well, and I just hope this will inspire them enough to beat your team.

well thank you so much..

Being a supporter of your opposition team i hope i am able to put across views from 'the-other-side'. I am sure few of the posters might not like my point of view and its understandable. But then ill tell them to look at the positive side if you win on 17th you will enjoy rubbing it into an Indian Fan. :D

I also dont believe you have to worry about getting respect from other teams. In test maybe not but as far as ODIs are concern i feel by next work cup Bangladesh will be ready to be considered as possible semi finalist if not winner given they continue there current progress.

akabir77
March 14, 2007, 04:44 PM
Welcome saab_rn (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4013) to BC

BTW i didn't get it how is saab_rn (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4013) suggesting you are Indian team fan? SAAB is not made in India!!!

Anyway You r right on many things but i think most of the BD fans know that its most likely India will win so they r just having fun all they can make you people scared a little bit before 17th...And looks like its working we have Indian fans registering with BC like hot cake...
One thing for sure you need to agree that BCCI is not doing the right things by pros- ponding our right to play in INDIA. But I guess if we beat you in WC this will be the perfect answer for that biasness won't you agree?

cricketboy
March 14, 2007, 04:49 PM
I think India will will open with Dhoni on the 17th...

India has 4 openers in their team, then why go for Dhoni. Sachin, Saurav, Uthhappa, or Sehwag can open but probably they will play Sachin at no 4.

Miraz
March 14, 2007, 05:08 PM
As my id suggests i am an Indian cricket fan and like everyone on this board looking forward to our first game against Bangladesh. While going through various post i saw the confidence you all have in your team, which is a good thing but i felt a few posters are over confident.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome saab_rn at BC. Enjoy your stay.

Most of your comment is true from a very theoretical point of view. On paper, India is a much better team. On paper, New Zealand was even better, but we managed to beat them.

We are expecting a Bangladesh win. That's what every fan expects from his team. I honestly feel, India has to play it's best to escape any upset.

Yeah, I am using the word upset. Hopefully will not be using it in near future.

allrounder
March 14, 2007, 05:12 PM
so far watching how the pitches are I believe if you do not bowl good length and line, you will be smacked around. There is no help from the pitch to be able to swing the ball in any way. Bd is short of a pacer right now and our batsmen are unpredictable like the cricket game itself. let see how things go on game day, right now any team can take it home, but for BD it will take much more effort and luck on their side to win than their counterpart.

saab_rn
March 14, 2007, 05:15 PM
Welcome saab_rn (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4013) to BC

BTW i didn't get it how is saab_rn (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=4013) suggesting you are Indian team fan? SAAB is not made in India!!!

oh i am sorry didnt realize that. I meant the title of thread and not my ID.

India and Bangladesh havent played each other for some time now. I cant speak for other Indian fans but after your win over New Zealand i was curious to see how Bangladesh fans reacted to that win. What surprised me was the fact that many were expecting it.

As far as test series with India goes, if you win on 17th not only will there be a test series but there will be 7 ODI series all in big centers cause crowd would settle for nothing but a clean sweep. Interest in series means more money and win on 17th will create huge interest.

al Furqaan
March 14, 2007, 05:15 PM

Its a game someone will win and someone will lose but lets be honest an Indian win is more likely. I am not claiming India will win no matter what but majority of posters will accept if Bangladesh does win it will be termed an 'upset'.

I noticed a whole lot of you are upset with BCCI because of various reason. Try visiting Indian cricket forums, majority of Indian fans are just as mad at BCCI as you all are maybe for different reasons but bottom line is the whole commercialization of cricket is not exactly going well with most of Indian cricket fans.

I read comments like Indian bowling is weak. Yes compared to our batting line up it is weak, compared to Aussie and even SA bowling line up it is weak but i am sure BD batsman are going to find them handful.

For all those who are worried about Dhoni do remember he comes at 7. Watchout for Uthappa. He will open and he can tonk that ball. His strike rate is 115 and avg 36, to put things in prospective Afridi SR is 109, Dhoni's SR is 98, Gilchrist's SR is 96, Aftab Ahmed SR is 87 with avg of 29.

welcome aboard, and hopefully your stay will proceed beyond the WC.

No one seriously thinks that BD is favored to win...tho many BC members might joke about it. Do we expect a win? yes. but that doesn't mean we think its likely.

everyone here will agree that if we win, it will be a major upset not just an upset. but by the same token, Bangladesh are not the whipping boys we were when India last played us.

yes, many of us have serious loathing for the BCCI's "we are over the law" attitude.

as far as the indian bowling attack, goes, in the one day game anything can happen. thus the indian attack isn't a whole lot stronger than our own. but i don't really think that indian bowlers will overpower bangladeshi batsman. the bangladeshi batsmen will get themselves out more often than not. they do it against far stronger and far weaker bowling attacks.

Duck
March 14, 2007, 05:16 PM
Aggregate Runs for each World Cup Squad

<TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><THEAD><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND: #cccccc; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8">Team</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND: #cccccc; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8">Mat</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND: #cccccc; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8">Inns</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; BACKGROUND: #cccccc; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d4d0c8">Runs</TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 1"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.85pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.85pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt" noWrap>India (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/site/wc/players.html?team=6)</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.85pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.85pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt">2225</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.85pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.85pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt">1768</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.85pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.85pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt">51279</TD></TR><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 2; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt" noWrap>Sri Lanka (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/site/wc/players.html?team=8)</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt">2217</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt">1750</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 0.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 0.75pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.75pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.75pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt">42581</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR style="mso-yfti-irow: 0; mso-yfti-firstrow: yes; mso-yfti-lastrow: yes"><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.85pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.85pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt" noWrap>Bangladesh (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/site/wc/players.html?team=25)</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.85pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.85pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt">717.....</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.85pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.85pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt">617....</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-RIGHT: 2.5pt; BORDER-TOP: #d4d0c8; PADDING-LEFT: 2.5pt; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0.85pt; BORDER-LEFT: #d4d0c8; PADDING-TOP: 0.85pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cccccc 1pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-border-bottom-alt: solid #CCCCCC .75pt">11782...</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Look at the stat. BD is way behind the two teams playing against in the WC07 group match. We know that. We are aware of that. We also know that the cumulative runs of all batsmen in BD team is still less than the number runs under Sachin Tendulkar's old-hag belt (over 14,000). :hairpull:

But when we scream and shout for the BD team, should we care and hold this stat in our hand!?:mad: Whether it is Aus or Ind we voice the same shrill tone when we play against them!

layperson
March 14, 2007, 05:19 PM
Very sensible post by Saab. Welcome to BC. I agree to most of the things you have said. As you have said may the best team win and I know it is Bangladesh for the 17th of march. I already have a few bets on regarding that game.

kalpurush
March 14, 2007, 05:20 PM
India is a very good team...there's no doubt, period. Bangladesh is the better one among the two...with some doubt! And, March 17 will be the Judgement Day...

Kabir
March 14, 2007, 05:26 PM
saab_rn, welcome to BC.

While your arguments and statistics may be true, you should realize that cricket is not completely a stats based game. May be our recent win against New Zealand will tell you that a win of a so called minnow against a stronger team is still possible. We, as passionate Bangladeshi fans, would of course not like to use the term "minnow", and replace that tag with something positive.

Stats don't always speak the truth, and that you will probably agree with me. Yes Aftab may have a lower SR and avg than Uthappa, but you are also comparing a player who has played 55 ODIs against someone who has played only 8 ODIs (7 innings).

You, as a member of BanglaCricket, will soon realize that we as Bangladeshi cricket fans are very enthusiastic about our team, even though we critically analyze each of our players from every angle. When it's relevant, we do the same about other country players, including Indian players. Currently, we're moving with the momentum that we have built after winning most of our matches (yes, mostly against weaker teams). That is significantly different from 2003. And that's why we are expecting a whole lot...although, deep inside we are ready for a loss. And you're right, someone has to be a winner. And even if Bangladesh loses, but by playing hard and giving India a run for their money, I will not be as disheartened.

The reaction you see from BC members about BCCI is the frustration that has built up over the years after repeated broken promises, yellow journalism, and lack of recognition by BCCI, Indian media, and other Indian authorities. These have nothing to do with politics, and I'm glad you have opted out from discussing such issues here.

I would like to welcome you to BanglaCricket, and be a part of the most healthy cricket forum on the net. Enjoy your stay, learn about Bangladesh cricket from us, and teach us about Indian cricket.

kalpurush
March 14, 2007, 05:27 PM
[quote=Miraz;387760]quote]
<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>BanglaCricket Editor
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Miraz bhai: Congrats to your new position! You deserve it anyway. All the best.:-D

Kabir
March 14, 2007, 05:33 PM
India is a very good team...there's no doubt, period. Bangladesh is the better one among the two...with some doubt! And, March 17 will be the Judgement Day...

Sledging all the way...good one Kalpurush bhai :up:

tonoy
March 14, 2007, 05:52 PM
welcome to to BC. We arent all indian haters out here, infact most of us have indian friends. But when it comes to cricket rivalries come up and each go at their own side as long as we have respect for each other everything is fine, but the reason that most are hot headed here is the fact that the bangladesh team hasnt got the proper respect or recognition from others especially from its neighbor which was the disheartining to all. Anyways welcome again here. You will find out that we are not such a bad person after all. but we we will be aggressive when it comes to cricket, cause face it the days of sachin ganguly and sehwag are over. and the days for dhoni uthapa havent even started :P

Miraz
March 14, 2007, 06:06 PM
[quote=Miraz;387760]quote]
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td nowrap="nowrap">BanglaCricket Editor
</td><td width="100%"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Miraz bhai: Congrats to your new position! You deserve it anyway. All the best.:-D

Thanks kalpurush bhai. :)

capslock
March 14, 2007, 06:17 PM
Welcome to the board Saab, and thanks for that well thought out first post.

saab_rn
March 14, 2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks again to everyone for welcoming me. Some random thoughts.

I believe Bangladesh's win over NZ will work against them. All of a sudden players find themself in unfamiliar territory, there is no longer pressure to keep up with India, they are now expected to win. Experienced player will raise to the occasion but younger players like Shahriar Nafees they might just crack.

Had Bangladesh not won against NZ there was a high chance India would have gone with 5 bowlers but now i am sure they will go with 7-4 combo. All batsman except Sehwag are coming with runs under there belt. Zaheer, Ajit , Munaf are bowling well. All can generate pace IF they want to. Uthappa is a wild card. If he clicks good for India if he doesnt no harm done.

The only bowler i am a little worried about is Mashrafe Mortaza. He is nippy and though gives one lose ball per over, has the ability to produce a gem every now and then.

I am not sure how comfortable Bangladesh batsman are against quick bowling but Malinga is quick. He got hammered in India but he is quick.

In my view Bangladesh has a better chance against SL than India, but its a game you never know what might happen on 17th. Last two world cups have thrown loads of surprises, even though i love surprises i dont wnt to see one at Indian teams expense.

BappyHayat
March 14, 2007, 08:51 PM
Hei Saab - thanks for all of your honest opinions

I think you too much relying on Uthappa - mind you he played couple of time against Bangladesh A and Bangladesh U`19 - and had no special success
Sourav, Dravid and Dhoni (also Yuvraj, may be Sachin) will be key against Bangladesh

I think Tamim Iqbal is the answer for Bangladesh against Uthappa

Kamnew
March 14, 2007, 09:10 PM
Uttahpa is a clean hitter, I think might lack technique against quality bowling.

BanglaCool
March 14, 2007, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the forum saab_rn.
In order to understand the general dislike of Indians (cricket board, journalist and likes) you need to take into account everything that has been said and done against Bangladesh and that has stifled the progress of Bangladesh cricket.
I think the team which wants to win more with a cool head will win on March 17th.
I think you will agree that Bangladesh will gain more from a win than India will and Bangladesh has not much to lose in case of an Indian win. We are the number 9 team in ODI and just overcame Zimbabwe and looking forward to up the notch as soon as possible. To many it might seem that the super eight was designed to keep Bangladesh and Zimbabwe out (being numbers 9 and 10). They might as well have gone straight to the super eight if they was no meaning of us playing. Therefore, to give meaning to this tournament we must prove otherwise and India and Sri Lanka are our opponents. We did not choose them, in fact we would be happier with some other teams, including New Zealand. However, this is what we have got and this is where we need to play our best and hopefully win a game or two.
I hope, as you do for your team, that Bangladesh will win and continue to win in the next matches. This is why we are playing.

insideedge
March 14, 2007, 11:35 PM
Uthappa had played in the u-19 world cup in 2004 that was played in Bangladesh. Other U-19 players who have graduated to India team from that team is Dinesh Karthick. Uthappa has been a dangerous batsman at U-19 as well as India A level. He is a technically refined version ( blessed with footwork) of Sehwag. He could be the surprise package of this world cup.

Of course, India does not depend solely on him. In fact India does not entirely depend even of Tendulkar, Ganguly and Dravid. There will be 7 batsmen in the Indian line up and any three of the seven will be required to fire on any match. And all seven of them have the ability of win a match singlehandedly.

India bowling is relatively weak,but statistically the Indian team is still the most experienced among all bowling attacks in the world cup and they are good enough to bowl the opposition out for manageable totals. Useless bowlers like VRV Singh, RP Sing who lost India a lot of matches last year have been thrown out of the Indian team. Similarly useless batsmn like Kaif and Raina have been replaced by Tendulkar and Ganguly from the last years batting line up.

IanW
March 15, 2007, 12:43 AM

I believe Bangladesh's win over NZ will work against them. All of a sudden players find themself in unfamiliar territory, there is no longer pressure to keep up with India, they are now expected to win. Experienced player will raise to the occasion but younger players like Shahriar Nafees they might just crack.

Nope. The key thing that the Tiges have been lacking is not bowling, batting or fielding. It's knowing they can win.

The New Zealand win was about form, was about confidence and was about desire.

Sure, they might crack - but these are pretty good kids. They got used to winning in the under 19s. And you dont want young kids who are in form and havent learned how to lose.

Right now, they feel like world beaters - they beat New Zealand, who just beat Australia to a bloody pulp. They know if they bowl line and length, field hard, take their singles and pick the ball to hit, they can beat anyone.

Bring on India.

Ian Whitchurch

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 15, 2007, 01:23 AM
saab

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
March 15, 2007, 01:25 AM
saab_rn welcome,

nice post bro.... but Bangladesh has accelerated them so much. India is still in the position where they were...not consistent...

17 th will be a great battle....cricket will win ,i hope

imtiaz82
March 15, 2007, 01:59 AM
Damn everyone here is soo confident of a BD win.. I am getting the blood rush too. I have a flight booked from Calgary to Chicago the day of the match, which would mean I am gonna miss the match. But after reading all the posts I just opened delta.com in another browser window and rescheduling my flight..

ticket rescheduling-- $100 , staying over in hotel for 1 more night- $150, dinner expense - $15-20 but Bangladesh beating India- priceless :)

p.s But I am getting really sceptical about our chances since we usually play good when we are least expected to.

Tintin
March 15, 2007, 02:28 AM
<hr style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> Uthappa had played in the u-19 world cup in 2004 that was played in Bangladesh. Other U-19 players who have graduated to India team from that team is Dinesh Karthick. Uthappa has been a dangerous batsman at U-19 as well as India A level. He is a technically refined version ( blessed with footwork) of Sehwag. He could be the surprise package of this world cup.

I wish I had said that before you did. There has been very little discussion about him here so far but what was seen in some recent series, this guy is capable of destroying an attack if he gets in. I can't comment on how good his technique is but unlike Sehawg he plays very straight and did very well against medium pace bowling.

WarWolf
March 15, 2007, 05:48 AM
i can very well understand the frustation most of you feel everytime Bangladesh visit to India gets postponed, but as i said modern cricket is no longer about two teams competing on field, its more about money. India is scheduled to play 3 ODIs against Aussies in scotland after world cup, what was BCCI thinking ? lets just say money.

I am new on this board so would like to stay away from any political topic. Hope you understand.

LOL. Interesting comments. Do you think only Indian cricket and cricketers need money? Are you guys different from the rest of the world? All the other teams can host Bangladesh. Your team never seems to play that good cricket to be in top 3. But still you cannot find time for BD. Whereas top countries like Australia, Srilanka or SA cannot find any problem to host BD. Only you guys find it problematic? Is cricket all about money Sir?

According to your comments it seems all other countries in the world except India plays cricket for charity whereas Indian found it to be a good business.

Sorry if my comments offend indian people or indian cricketers. I have no intension for that. I was just showing the weakness and illness of saab_rn's logic.

sonali123
March 15, 2007, 08:02 AM
Hi everyone. I am an Indian too, and a desperado when it comes to cricket. Can't wait for the 17th, it should be a good match. Of course I want my team to win, but after reading some posts here I think it will mean much more to the Bangladeshi supporters, so I won't feel so bad if India loses. *cry*. Btw, all Indians I know cheered long and loud when you beat NZ.:)
Don't hate us all because of BCCI. They are a bunch of geese. Imagine saying only lunch money will be given to BD cricketers? It's terrible and I apologise on behalf of the Indian common man. Of course money is not everything, and we should do all we can to encourage BD. In fact I thought Dalmiya did a few good things in that regard, but can't remember too well. Let's hope in the near future we see more Ind/BD series!

Anyway, coming to the match and our bowling, I see most of you are ignoring Zaheer Khan. And Agarkar is deceptive. Both can take quick wickets. I don't think India will be taking BD lightly at all, and will play very, very carefully. Except Sehwag of course, who will get out in the first over.

If India wins the toss, they will field first and put pressure on BD to go for a big total.

Zobair
March 15, 2007, 08:23 AM
To my indian friends...welcome to the forum...I really like this thread because I think it summarizes the context of this India-Bangladesh match very well.

1. Bangladeshi fans are desperate for a win against India because:

General reasons:
- They really believe in the potential of this team and believe this is a good a time to get a move on!
- This win will do in a day for Bangladesh cricket what would normally take a few Test series wins in terms of self-confidence and self-belief.

2. India-specific reasons:
- Bangladeshi fans have a big chip on their shoulders when it comes to many things Indian but mainly the bone of contention is the step-brotherly treatment the BCCI has meted out to Bangladesh cricket.
- Of all the sub-continental cricket fans, Indian fans (online ones- which are a tiny fraction of the Indian cricket fan-base) are percieved to be more disparaging of Bangladesh cricket in general.

3. A timely refrain:
- As my indian friends have clearly demonstrated in this thread, we should be careful not to get carried away when it comes to our perception of injustice!

4. To my Indian friends:
- Besides the above reasons, you should put down some of the confident noise here to bravado which is only natural under the circumstances.

PS: I am, Godwilling, flying out tonight to go see this match. This will be a reunion of sorts for a group of our college friends. And one of my very close friends there happens to be Indian. We will get together enjoy the match together and support our individual teams, and the end of the night one more cricket match will be recorded in the books. I hope, as a Tiger's fan, it will be a Bangladesh win :)

Tigers_eye
March 15, 2007, 08:34 AM
I was going to spoil the party here but sonali is too nice so I am refraining from that. Welcome to BC Sonali123.

1. Apology from you on behalf of the common Indians accepted. Would still need one from BCCI. We can't forgive unless they repent. I am sure you would do the same.

2. For starters this is what I want you guys to ponder on. Where is this WC taking place? Is there a difference on home and away performance for world super stars like Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Dhoni? Can't comment on Uthappa. He must be the new mustan in local indian matches. So not been tested on foreign soil/environment. I hope he also follows the trend of his big senior brothers.

3. Ah! the bowlers. Pathan will definitely not be in the team if India goes 7-4. I wish they included him, lol. Sresanth will warm up the bench also. The only bowler who seemed to be any good is Munaf but lack experience. The rest are experienced but lack quality. Both over the hill washed up. Can't wait for Tamim to explode just as he did against Bond, Franklin. Now you guys agree they (Zaheer and Agarkar) are not even close to bond and franklin right?

We are no longer participating a world sporting event to gain experience. Beware and believe....

two more days for me to beat the drum. Then I will relax and enjoy the cigar (not lightened anyways :) don't smoke lol ).

Fazal
March 15, 2007, 08:45 AM
Then I will relax and enjoy the cigar (not lightened anyways :) don't smoke lol ).

Then to do what? Chi Chi... TE... you are soo bad.

akabir77
March 15, 2007, 08:57 AM

Had Bangladesh not won against NZ there was a high chance India would have gone with 5 bowlers but now i am sure they will go with 7-4 combo. All batsman except Sehwag are coming with runs under there belt. Zaheer, Ajit , Munaf are bowling well. All can generate pace IF they want to. Uthappa is a wild card. If he clicks good for India if he doesnt no harm done.

The only bowler i am a little worried about is Mashrafe Mortaza. He is nippy and though gives one lose ball per over, has the ability to produce a gem every now and then.

I am not sure how comfortable Bangladesh batsman are against quick bowling but Malinga is quick. He got hammered in India but he is quick.

In my view Bangladesh has a better chance against SL than India, but its a game you never know what might happen on 17th. Last two world cups have thrown loads of surprises, even though i love surprises i dont wnt to see one at Indian teams expense.

Saab thanks for explaining earlier.

Anyway you are right about the pressure and I too feel that the win against NZ might back fire as all the teams r taking us very seriously. But the thing is most of our new stars came from U-19 team which beat india U-19 team and they are more use to it then the elder ones. So If I have to put my money I will say they won't crack. but time will say.
Main thing is us fan we never were in a situation like this so we are just taking full advantage of it cause 80% chance is it won't be there after 17th.../:)

Kabir
March 15, 2007, 08:58 AM
Welcome to BC Sonali123.

Just like you said, when India plays well, we cheer for India too. But when it comes to the the bullying BCCI has been doing over BCB, I guess you pretty much know how that feels. Cricket in the subcontinent started from Calcutta, and from there to the rest of the subcontinent. Bangladesh (back then a part of India, then East Pakistan, and now BD) had its fair share too. Too bad we haven't been able to prosper that much. Domestic and International politics are the ones to blame here.

IanW has summarized it in a good way. The difference between current and previous Bangladeshi cricketers is that, the current ones have the attitude, and the belief that they can win against anybody on any given day. Yes we did lose by big margins against stronger opponents in recent times, but so did India, Pakistan, West Indies, and England. That doesn't prove anything. It's the ability to bat, ball, field, and believe that makes a difference.

We would love to have our Indian friends here...will give us an opportunity to engage in meaningful cricketing dialogs, and help both parties recover from the wounds of big brother bullying and all misunderstandings. Enjoy your stay, and keep coming back after the match is over...regardless of who wins the match.

Tigers_eye
March 15, 2007, 09:02 AM
Then to do what? Chi Chi... TE... you are soo bad.
Didn't you predict an Indian win? probably locate "Federal worker" somewhere around texas and shub it up his .... (not mouth)!!! :floor:

Fazal
March 15, 2007, 09:23 AM
Didn't you predict an Indian win?

TE how could you forget the track record of my past predictions? Atleast I was hoping you should be happy that I predicted an Indian win.

Tigers_eye
March 15, 2007, 09:38 AM
TE how could you forget the track record of my past predictions? Atleast I was hoping you should be happy that I predicted an Indian win.
Ah! I forgot my own track record let alone yours.

This is a new year, new beginning.....new hope.

sonali123
March 15, 2007, 09:41 AM
I was going to spoil the party here but sonali is too nice so I am refraining from that. Welcome to BC Sonali123.

How sweet. Thank you Tiger eye and all others for welcoming me. I appreciate this opportunity to discuss cricket in a friendly manner. :)

1. Apology from you on behalf of the common Indians accepted. Would still need one from BCCI. We can't forgive unless they repent. I am sure you would do the same.
Oh absolutely, in fact I would fund an assasin to go shoot some of them. :onethephone:

2. For starters this is what I want you guys to ponder on. Where is this WC taking place? Is there a difference on home and away performance for world super stars like Tendulkar, Dravid, Ganguly, Dhoni? Can't comment on Uthappa. He must be the new mustan in local indian matches. So not been tested on foreign soil/environment. I hope he also follows the trend of his big senior brothers.
Uthappa is a blaster. Very exciting player when he gets going. Don't know if you watched India WI and SL a month back but in two of the innigs he just tonked the ball around like it was ping pong. Dravid has a better away record. Tendu and Ganguly are 50-50. Dhoni is untested but he has a cool head. Can be counted on to bat well and restrain from foolishness if need be. Don't forget Yuvraj who has done well recently, but he tends to lose and find form at the drop of a hat.

3. Ah! the bowlers. Pathan will definitely not be in the team if India goes 7-4. I wish they included him, lol. Sresanth will warm up the bench also. The only bowler who seemed to be any good is Munaf but lack experience. The rest are experienced but lack quality. Both over the hill washed up. Can't wait for Tamim to explode just as he did against Bond, Franklin. Now you guys agree they (Zaheer and Agarkar) are not even close to bond and franklin right?
Pathan will play, I'm sure. He took 3 wkts against WI and is starting to find his rhythm. They'll want to test him against BD and Bermuda for sure. I'm hoping that what bowling lacks, smart fielding, captaincy and team spirit will make up.

sonali123
March 15, 2007, 09:48 AM
Welcome to BC Sonali123.

We would love to have our Indian friends here...will give us an opportunity to engage in meaningful cricketing dialogs, and help both parties recover from the wounds of big brother bullying and all misunderstandings. Enjoy your stay, and keep coming back after the match is over...regardless of who wins the match.

Gee, so much warmth. :)

if we lose, I'll be back to congratulate you, but if we're out of the tournament as a result expect me only after a year's mourning....no no, too horrid to even jokingly contemplate...:sick:

saab_rn
March 15, 2007, 09:55 AM
LOL. Interesting comments. Do you think only Indian cricket and cricketers need money? Are you guys different from the rest of the world? All the other teams can host Bangladesh. Your team never seems to play that good cricket to be in top 3. But still you cannot find time for BD. Whereas top countries like Australia, Srilanka or SA cannot find any problem to host BD. Only you guys find it problematic? Is cricket all about money Sir?

According to your comments it seems all other countries in the world except India plays cricket for charity whereas Indian found it to be a good business.

Sorry if my comments offend indian people or indian cricketers. I have no intension for that. I was just showing the weakness and illness of saab_rn's logic.

Nimbus paid 612 Mil to acquire television rights for home matches in India for 4 yrs, if we break it up further it amounts to $412,000 per day. We arent playing today and will not be playing in India for quiet some time. Nimbus is there for business and everytime India plays they want to make tons of money.As harsh as it may sound 3 test matches against Bangladesh (will take around 25-30 days, including 15 game days and gap between tests) will generate less money compared to 2 ODIs against Pakistan (will take 5-7 days at max). Not only will Nimbus make more money but they also have time which can be used to play other teams.

capslock
March 15, 2007, 09:56 AM
Haha, I am watching the match on the 17th the home of an Indian friend, in fact, the specific reason she invited me over is because she likes my trash talking!

Kabir
March 15, 2007, 10:04 AM
Haha, I am watching the match on the 17th the home of an Indian friend, in fact, the specific reason she invited me over is because she likes my trash talking!

We'll have some fun too. We're watching at this university with people from all over the subcontinent. The best part? The organizer himself is Bangladeshi, and he's the president of that club that's organizing. So you can imagine how much trash talking we'll indulge into :D

Tintin
March 15, 2007, 11:07 AM
Pathan will play, I'm sure. Unfortunately he will. It is a lose-lose situation for India. If he does well against Bangladesh or Bermuda, he will be picked for the remaining matches and will distribute free runs to SL and the rest, assuming that we will get that far. If he doesn't and Aftab or someone gets hold of him, we'll not even get that far.

WarWolf
March 15, 2007, 12:41 PM
Hi everyone. I am an Indian too, and a desperado when it comes to cricket. Can't wait for the 17th, it should be a good match. Of course I want my team to win, but after reading some posts here I think it will mean much more to the Bangladeshi supporters, so I won't feel so bad if India loses. *cry*. Btw, all Indians I know cheered long and loud when you beat NZ.:)
Don't hate us all because of BCCI. They are a bunch of geese. Imagine saying only lunch money will be given to BD cricketers? It's terrible and I apologise on behalf of the Indian common man. Of course money is not everything, and we should do all we can to encourage BD. In fact I thought Dalmiya did a few good things in that regard, but can't remember too well. Let's hope in the near future we see more Ind/BD series!

Anyway, coming to the match and our bowling, I see most of you are ignoring Zaheer Khan. And Agarkar is deceptive. Both can take quick wickets. I don't think India will be taking BD lightly at all, and will play very, very carefully. Except Sehwag of course, who will get out in the first over.

If India wins the toss, they will field first and put pressure on BD to go for a big total.

Thanks Sonali. Welcome to our BC forum. We are friends from close neighbouring countries. You sound very nice and we would like to have you here in BC as a permanent member.

WarWolf
March 15, 2007, 01:00 PM
Nimbus paid 612 Mil to acquire television rights for home matches in India for 4 yrs, if we break it up further it amounts to $412,000 per day. We arent playing today and will not be playing in India for quiet some time. Nimbus is there for business and everytime India plays they want to make tons of money.As harsh as it may sound 3 test matches against Bangladesh (will take around 25-30 days, including 15 game days and gap between tests) will generate less money compared to 2 ODIs against Pakistan (will take 5-7 days at max). Not only will Nimbus make more money but they also have time which can be used to play other teams.

So as your post suggests Indian cricket is completely controlled by your media coverage company, Nimbus. BCCI has no control with their schedule. How interesting and also disguisting! All other test playing countries could avoid this situation. Any way, thanks for coming to BC forum.

Tigers_eye
March 15, 2007, 01:14 PM
pathan can't play. There is not enough room.

1. Ganguly
2. Uthappa
3. Tendu
4. Dravid
5. Shewag
6. Yuvraj/Kartik
7. Dhoni
You have only 4 spots to fill.
8. Harbi
9. Kumble
10. Zaheer
11. Agarkar
Unless Yuvraj/kartik both sits. Then that would change the 7-4 combination to 6-5. I am not sure India is that confident going in to this match. There knee is already shaking and having bad nightmares on Tamim. Where would Munaf be, lol?

pagol-chagol
March 15, 2007, 01:21 PM

Nimbus should help Bangladesh Cricket team grow quickly and become a formidable force. That will make them a lot more money for them in the future.
Makes you wonder what this is all about. I have seen how ruthlessly NBA promotes their flashy players, how the referees give them all the calls, how $ has become everything. Looks like Indian cricket has arrived at that station. Welcome, new Indian friends. Lot of good guys joining BC.

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 01:37 PM
i am a new poster here..so don't know the past history of posts and issues here..

but it seems some fans of BD here have problem with BCCI...although BCCI is more of a money making organisation ..interested in making money only...

but why BD should expect to play against india always..?

why not pakistan, SL, WI , SA and other teams...?

how many series have BD played against AUS? home and away...?

every board has the right to earn money...

allrounder
March 15, 2007, 01:40 PM
tigers_eye, don't you think we are also having a bowling shortage since Taposh and Shahadat are out of line and expensive?

allrounder
March 15, 2007, 01:42 PM
it is not that BD wants to play against india, it is india not following the FTP tour rules, where each country should visit the other country within a certain period of time. India committed to that tour schedule and then not following through the FTP tour rules.

i am a new poster here..so don't know the past history of posts and issues here..

but it seems some fans of BD here have problem with BCCI...although BCCI is more of a money making organisation ..interested in making money only...

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 01:51 PM
AFAIK.... team india is to visit BD after World cup??

Kabir
March 15, 2007, 01:51 PM

That's not the issue here. The issue is, BCCI always breaks their promises that they make for series with Bangladesh. After the Champions Trophy, BCCI made an announcement that they will not be hosting Bangladesh coz it's worth enough for their bucks. And they have violated ICC rules by not playing the matches that ICC scheduled to play with us. That is not allowed by ICC, but India somehow got the upper-hand in ICC for doing what they needed to do.

Anyway, it's always good to read through the posts and get a feel of what people are saying. That may help answer a lot of your questions.

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 02:12 PM
kabir..i just joined 30 minutes back..will go through the posts here...surely..

and regarding ICC rules...i think there is some fine or penalty for not abiding by the ICC schedules..

but i guess the matches has been postponed ..and not cancelled...

JamesBond
March 15, 2007, 02:34 PM
First of all, I’d like to take the opportunity to welcome saab_rn, Sonali123 and guyinblue. I am really content to see some Indian supporters in BD cricket forum. I consider Bangladesh cricket fans have no delicate issues with you. It’s just frustrating to see what BCCI did. Thanks to Sonali123 for being so kind and amiable about it. Sonali123 you are a true sophisticated personnel.
It is true that, Indian has a greater chance to win the game on 17th, but, having said that, this doesn’t stop Bangladesh cricket fans to support their country. Is there any problem, if Bangladeshi people love their country so much that it makes them support their own team no matter how bad their team is? May be it will give everyone some laugh, but there is no harm supporting your own country. They know that it’s a lot to ask from their own team, but you also have to understand that, love makes you blind. This has been shown in numerous Indian movies. Loves makes you not only blind but deaf and dumb too. I lived in Indian for long time when I went to boarding school. I grew up among Indians around me. The team I first supported was India. And I still do when they are playing with other nations. I live in Canada and I am surrounded by Indians all the time. And we never had any fights between each other ever. Exception: always fights with Pakistanis. Haha. Even right now I am typing this post sitting between and beside two Indian friends. So if we are not fighting here being in contact then why should we fight in this forum world?
India is “Saare Jahan se achcha” to you guys, and so is Bangladesh to Bangladeshis. And if you respect your own patriotism, I think you should respect others blind love for their country.
Let’s not brawl over the political issues we are facing right now. Let BCCI do what they want to do. We know where these political leaders come from. Not everyone is as educated as Dr. Abdul Kalam, so you can not anticipate same from everyone. We are allies, we help each other out, Indian helped Bangladesh in 1971, and I will never forget that. Then what is this argument for. These arguments will not take us anywhere except fight. Do you really want that? Common people, we live in a modern society, we are not Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Let’s keep the sportsmanship inside and outside of our games. Whoever will win the game on 17th and afterwards in near future, they will deserve it because they worked hard for the win during those hours.
I hope you guys comprehend what I am trying to portray through my post.

Thanks

BanglaCool
March 15, 2007, 02:41 PM
ICC Five year fixtures are not fixed by Nimbus and BCCI needs to respect cricket laws and traditions.

BangladeshFan
March 15, 2007, 02:54 PM
i think Bd is one pacer short but we have no other way. taposh and shahadat is going for plenty of runs. indian top order will eat shahadat up if he keeps giving wide and short deliveries. though he could be considered for the Sl game.

opening will be the key against india for both bowling and batting. our bowlers must ensure india dont get a flying start and keep it tight. while our opening batsmen should not over attack and lose their wickets too early.

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 03:03 PM
well...james..you have put things in a right perspective..

i am not aware of BCCI and BD cricket board issues...

and you are right that every one has the right to support his/her team..weather its strong or weak..and you are also right that love makes one blind..deaf..and what not..

akabir77
March 15, 2007, 03:14 PM

I guess and hope you got your answer by now buy just in case you haven't the reason for us going against indians is that they don't say what is right is right... I mean here you are saying every board got right and why bd wants to play india but if you had done your research you would know that Bd has played all the 8 test nations home and board except india. What makes india so special that they r not following the FTP? I am dumb founded and its very heard to believe that you guys love and follow your cricket so much but still you act like you are hearing this for the first time...
I don't buy thing board and people thing... boards r voted by the people and if the people wants something the board r bound to do that. but for all your posts it seems like most of you don't even knew about this or don't want admit to it as i can see some r still trying to rectify by saying not canceled prosponed etc etc when you know what actually is going on.

akabir77
March 15, 2007, 03:18 PM
We are allies, we help each other out, Indian helped Bangladesh in 1971, and I will never forget that. Then what is this argument for.

Thanks
I don't agree with your point here.. they help us because they it helped them too not becuse charity and they r not helping us anymore now a days.. hell leave help they r not giving our rightly thing and let alone help...

One latest example is even though we can see all their crap programs in our country they don't let bd programs or channels board casted there..

Duck
March 15, 2007, 04:14 PM
Here is an example of Indian view! :D
http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/07/south_asia_enl_1173944256/img/1.jpg
Graffiti of Indian cricket stars on a street in Calcutta

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 04:25 PM
akabir..

first of all...if i am not wrong.. india have played 2 away test series and ODI series with BD...though i think BD have not toured india??

rest all top 7 test playing nations have played one away and one home series...

so its not that other teams have played more series against BD ..they too have played only 2 series...

so its not that india has not toured BD at all..or they do not want to play BD..

and about the matches just after WC...

SA is touring BD just after WC..and there is a tri series ODI in which india is also slotted to be participating...

but india wants to play 3 match series against AUS..as BD had SA to play against ..its just that it will become SA-BD ODI series...

so you need to get your facts right....

india has played as many test matches and ODI matches with BD...as any other test playing nations...so don't under stand this bias against indian team and BCCI...

and india is nbot interested in hosting BD at home..as according to them it will not generate enough advertisement revenue ...where as..if they tour BD...BD board will get advertisement money and india will fulfill its commitment to play matches against BD..

and i am not sure about the BD cricket board..but BCCI is not selected by people...
its the state associations who select the members of BCCI...

layperson
March 15, 2007, 04:50 PM
akabir..

first of all...if i am not wrong.. india have played 2 away test series and ODI series with BD...though i think BD have not toured india??

so its not that other teams have played more series against BD ..they too have played only 2 series...

so its not that india has not toured BD at all..or they do not want to play BD..

SA is touring BD just after WC..and there is a tri series ODI in which india is also slotted to be participating...

but india wants to play 3 match series against AUS..as BD had SA to play against ..its just that it will become SA-BD ODI series...

india has played as many test matches and ODI matches with BD...as any other test playing nations...so don't under stand this bias against indian team and BCCI...

and india is nbot interested in hosting BD at home..as according to them it will not generate enough advertisement revenue ...where as..if they tour BD...BD board will get advertisement money and india will fulfill its commitment to play matches against BD..

and i am not sure about the BD cricket board..but BCCI is not selected by people...

I will just try to put it as simply as possible. India did not honour the FTP schedules by ICC with Bangladesh only, however all other teams did. NO matter what you say or how you put it, this fact will not change and this is a major reason for the Anti indian sentiments regarding cricket that runs in BD fans. If other boards ca host us the so should India. The biggest difference in quality is between BD and AUS and it seem a huge mismatch but they could afford to host us. I dont see how India cannot if AUS can being a far more superior team to India and thus making the matches that much more one sided and lacking in commercial interest. The more you try to justify BCCI's wrong doing and bullying attitude the bigger hole you will be digging for yourself because there is no way you can justify their actions with logic.

Duck
March 15, 2007, 05:13 PM
I will just try to put it as simply as possible. India did not honour the FTP schedules by ICC with Bangladesh only, however all other teams did. NO matter what you say or how you put it, this fact will not change and this is a major reason for the Anti indian sentiments regarding cricket that runs in BD fans. If other boards ca host us the so should India. The biggest difference in quality is between BD and AUS and it seem a huge mismatch but they could afford to host us. I dont see how India cannot if AUS can being a far more superior team to India and thus making the matches that much more one sided and lacking in commercial interest. The more you try to justify BCCI's wrong doing and bullying attitude the bigger hole you will be digging for yourself because there is no way you can justify their actions with logic.

you stole my words!:-*

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 05:16 PM
shahriyar..

can you tell me when BCCI did not honour ICC FTP program?

was there any scheduled BD tour of india which BCCI cancelled or postponed?

or BD fans are angry because india chose to play against BD in Bangladesh..

seriously..i do not know if india cancelled any BD tour to india...when did this happen?

and as for the tri series between BD-IND-SA after world cup...

except for VB ODI series in AUS ..BD had not hosted or played any tri series ODI..?

and what is the current status of tri series ?

and i don't think if BCCI does not take BD seriously...

they have always sent full strength indian team to BD...i remember...last in last test series...sachin..ganguly...dravid..laxman...kumble ..sehwag..all played..

so all this hatred and anger is surprising for me..really..

do tell me..when india cancelled any BD tour?

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 05:25 PM
yeah..right..in 2004 BD was to tour india

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 05:35 PM
the tour was first postponed as BD was to tour Eng and Pak was to tour india..

and later the matches could not be fitted in the FTP..

but BCCI has promised the BD board to host them for a full test and ODI series..

and just after WC..india is playing in BD for a tri series ODI matches....which is on schedule..and it has not been cancelled...

BUT..if you look at the positives...

BD board got to host india twice..thus they pocketed all the money generated by ad revenue..and indian team only got the match fees..and BCCI got nothing...

can you imagine BD board got richer by how much money..that why BD board did not claim any penalty..as they got much..much more than that..

and india is playing BD in MAY2007 for 2 tests and 3 ODIs...

so its raining takas for BD board...and you guys are complaining. :-)

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 05:47 PM
one more thing which baffles me is that BCCI...which does not let go any chance to pocket money..agreed to play away series with BD..as clearly BCCI does not get any money when they lay away series...no TV rights..no ad revenue...nothing...so why would they not host BD as get some money...

clearly there seems to be some sort of understanding between BCCI and BD board...as india is going to play next 3 series against BD in bangladesh only...

when all other cricket boards are hosting BD in their countries and pocketing all the revenue..and giving BD only appearance money....BCCI is letting BD board pocket all the money by playing in bangladesh...

its no win situation for BCCI and team india...as

one they are losing their revenue by not hosting BD..

and they are also getting the hatred of BD fans...

may be bangladeshis should tell their cricket board to insist on playng an away series in india...for the next two series...

and india have toured BD for two full series...and then see the reaction of their board..

Murad
March 15, 2007, 06:25 PM
one more thing which baffles me is that BCCI...which does not let go any chance to pocket money..agreed to play away series with BD..as clearly BCCI does not get any money when they lay away series...no TV rights..no ad revenue...nothing...so why would they not host BD as get some money...

clearly there seems to be some sort of understanding between BCCI and BD board...as india is going to play next 3 series against BD in bangladesh only...

when all other cricket boards are hosting BD in their countries and pocketing all the revenue..and giving BD only appearance money....BCCI is letting BD board pocket all the money by playing in bangladesh...

its no win situation for BCCI and team india...as

one they are losing their revenue by not hosting BD..

and they are also getting the hatred of BD fans...

may be bangladeshis should tell their cricket board to insist on playng an away series in india...for the next two series...

and india have toured BD for two full series...and then see the reaction of their board..

its all right..bro... we dont wanna play in your country.. our bangladesh board is so sweethearted.. we like to invite guests to our country....... we don't care if its gonna cost us some money.. but INDIAN board is like a cheap asss... they only think about money.. and money..

saab_rn
March 15, 2007, 06:32 PM
Ok i see a lot of people are upset with BCCI, i can type the bottom line but being new let me not push my luck.

Also what i dont understand is why are egos hurt if Indian board has postponed the test series a few times. Being a fan you should tell yourself there loss and move on.

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 06:42 PM
bhai...if BCB host india in bangladesh for full series .,...it will not cost BCB much..

but BCB will get richer by millions of $$...surely...

may be its a tactics or understanding between BCCI and BCB for votes and money..only these they can tell...

but had there been any instances in the past when BCB expressed displasure about team india only choosing to play in bangladesh...?

i would love to know the views of BCB for once..on this issue..

i seriously feel that anger and hatred of BD fans for BCCI is unjustified..

as clearly..its BCB which is getting all the benefits..

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 06:47 PM
saab..BCCI cancelled only one tour...and they fulfilled their promise later on by playing two straight series in BD..and thus giving all the benefits to BCB..

its not as if..BCCI have refused to play against BD team...

team india had played equal number of tests and ODI series as any other country..

and in fact BCB got the chance to host team india both the time...and BCB got to pocket millions of $$ both the time...

and we still have BD fans complaining..

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 06:52 PM
and the board ( BCCI) they hate the most was instrumental in granting them a test status..when jaggu Dalmia was BCCI president and ICC president as well...

sufism
March 15, 2007, 06:53 PM
The main point is here not playing us but hosting us. And BCB was pretty mad and serious about the cancelation of BD tour to India. And i have a feeling you don't know much about all these issues and supporting BCCI's actions. No offense intended. Enjoy your stay in banglacricket.

MarufH
March 15, 2007, 07:13 PM
Nope. The key thing that the Tiges have been lacking is not bowling, batting or fielding. It's knowing they can win.

The New Zealand win was about form, was about confidence and was about desire.

Sure, they might crack - but these are pretty good kids. They got used to winning in the under 19s. And you dont want young kids who are in form and havent learned how to lose.

Right now, they feel like world beaters - they beat New Zealand, who just beat Australia to a bloody pulp. They know if they bowl line and length, field hard, take their singles and pick the ball to hit, they can beat anyone.

Bring on India.

Ian Whitchurch

IanW for president! U said it all! :up::up::up:

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 07:17 PM
India was the first team to tour BD after they got test status in 2000-2001..

and when BD was to tour india in 2004..that tour was first postponed and then cancelled...

but india fulfilled their promise by visiting BD again in 2004-2005...

thus playing two full series against BD..like all the other test playing nations..

and india is scheduled to play BD again in may 2007..for 2 tests and 3 ODIs..

and two more in future..and interestingly..all these future series are being played in Bangladesh.

and all guys here should know that hosting a team is always more profitable for the hosting board...

and BCCI has never sent any second string team to tour india...all the stars of team india have played in BD...in both the series..

may be in 2004..people got this impression that BCCI does not take BCB seriously..as first they postponed and then cancelled the tour...but in return BCCI has given much more to BCB than it could get by touring india...

has there been any complain by BCB before or after 2004-2005 tour of india ???

NO..

MarufH
March 15, 2007, 07:17 PM

Very smart... I see your hidden hints. Well, let me answer u after 17th.

Spitfire_x86
March 15, 2007, 07:21 PM

Except India, every team from the top 8 teams have hosted us at least once. SL did twice, Pakistan gave us an extended tour of 3 tests and 5 ODIs. They conformed to ICC's FTP, only India didn't.

guyinblue
March 15, 2007, 07:23 PM
i think BD fans liked when Australia toured banglsdesh..and before the tour..ponting questioned the test status of Bangladesh.. thats why they are happy to receive a favour by australia when they came to play in BD..

but they are aginst BCCI which backed them to gain test status...and the team which considers BD players as brothers...

pathetic...

Spitfire_x86
March 15, 2007, 07:32 PM
India was the first team to tour BD after they got test status in 2000-2001..
England also gave us an offer to play that one off test, but we went with India because we could play that test sooner if we played against them instead of England.

and when BD was to tour india in 2004..that tour was first postponed and then cancelled...

but india fulfilled their promise by visiting BD again in 2004-2005...

thus playing two full series against BD..like all the other test playing nations..

and india is scheduled to play BD again in may 2007..for 2 tests and 3 ODIs..

and two more in future..and interestingly..all these future series are being played in Bangladesh.

and all guys here should know that hosting a team is always more profitable for the hosting board...
That's the problem. Money is not everything, we deserve proper respect as a test playing nation. I think most BD cricket fans are yet to forget the infamous "meal allowance" comment of I.S. Bindra.

BCCI (or any other cricket board) is not supposed to be a business organization like ESPN-Star and care only about profit. In fact, they are not doing themselves any favor by concentrating 100% on profit. India plays too few tests, and too many ODIs. They made no mistake to successfully kill the cricket fans' interest in India vs Pakistan matches arranging 3 full series within 2 years. After this World Cup, they're planning to do the same with Ind vs Aus matches.

Go_Bangladesh
March 15, 2007, 07:36 PM
We have nothing generally against BCCI, its just the a particular case that BCCI doesn't want to host us, I clearly remember that BCCI canceled one of Bangladesh's tour to India a couple of years ago, citing the reason being that it was a religious season in India, (This is highly respectable) however, in that same time frame, India played Pakistan in BCCI jubilee match on the day of Diwali. The issue here is not about money, sure we will gain a lot of money by hosting India, but its about respect, we the Bangladesh fans believe, by not hosting us, BCCI doesn't respect us, knowing that they are helping us out financially. We just want the respect.

Ajfar
March 15, 2007, 07:42 PM
People_People_People....it dn't matter wat we say..becuz this will go on foreva...we'll make comments abt BCCI ignoring bangladesh n indian fans out there will come up wid some lame excuses to defend itt....soo just chill out...n wait till the 17th....n inshallah at the end...it will be MY BANGLADESH that will walk out of dere as a winner

Murad
March 15, 2007, 07:59 PM
[edited] - Moderator

Ehsan
March 15, 2007, 08:08 PM
muradync,

I would request you to be a little more respectful. Your tone does not reflect a bit about what the Tiger Fans are.

To rest,
Please no more BCB Vs BCCI and move on. Enjoy the World Cup!

Cheers!

Ehsan
- Mod

Farhad
March 15, 2007, 08:16 PM
Muradnyc,
Where did that come from?? Nobody directly insulted anybody. I dont see why you had to start....I was actually keeping myself away from this thread because I knew even the smallest of contradictions would break out into an argument....But I had to step out and point out that that was out of line....

To our Indian visitors: This goes without saying, but the people on this board (in general) have absolutely nothing against Indians. As in most cases with large communities, there are exceptions, but the vast majority of us do have a problem with the BCCI board, and even the Indian cricket team. This goes far beyond the fact that they refused to play the Bangladeshi team. The attitude the team shows when playing our team is absolutely appalling. Anyone who saw the 3rd ODI in Dec 2004 would see that.....

Bancan
March 15, 2007, 09:00 PM
:mad:muradnyc er gaye pore jhogra korar icha.........

akabir77
March 15, 2007, 10:24 PM
akabir..

And agian same stuff we are talking about home and away tour and you are talking about how many matches bd played. if you can't understand the value of touring another country then please stop your childish explaination..:floor: Who gave india the right to decide what is good for us and what is not?
and WHo selects the state associations?

Kabir
March 15, 2007, 10:42 PM
Without pointing fingers at anyone, I just want to mention that this thread is losing its sanity quite easily. Sometimes even after sufficient explanation, there are things that remain unanswered. Let us just assume this is one of those cases and move on. Sometimes we have to agree that we disagree. That's the way it is.

If anyone crosses the boundary (which is pretty low, with zero tolerance) I will request the admins/mods to take strict action. If you guys can only relate things to cricket only, please do so.

Just to clerify, I am speaking here as a member only, and not a staff.

al Furqaan
March 15, 2007, 10:44 PM
And agian same stuff we are talking about home and away tour and you are talking about how many matches bd played. if you can't understand the value of touring another country then please stop your childish explaination..:floor: Who gave india the right to decide what is good for us and what is not?
and WHo selects the state associations?

not only that, he's WRONG...India has only toured once.

we will wait till the coming tour is completed before we say 2 tours...(when dealing with the BCCI, don't count your eggs before they are hatched, cooked, eaten, digested, and defecated out).

al Furqaan
March 15, 2007, 10:52 PM
i think BD fans liked when Australia toured banglsdesh..and before the tour..ponting questioned the test status of Bangladesh.. thats why they are happy to receive a favour by australia when they came to play in BD..

but they are aginst BCCI which backed them to gain test status...and the team which considers BD players as brothers...

pathetic...

a brother would invite his fellow brother to his house. not tell him "you can't afford the food at my house, so i will visit you, since your wife cooks cheap food and makes it tastes better than anyone else's."

if i had a brother like that, i'd beat his azz to a pulp. even if said comment is true i.e. that i can't afford the meal.

it is evidently clear that BCCI's primary objective in promoting BD test status was to solidfy an asian bloc of 4 nations.

we do appreciate india's tours of the past and the coming tour, but we cannot substitute that for a return visit. especially when better teams than india have not declined to host us.

sonali123
March 15, 2007, 11:10 PM
So as your post suggests Indian cricket is completely controlled by your media coverage company, Nimbus. BCCI has no control with their schedule. How interesting and also disguisting! All other test playing countries could avoid this situation. Any way, thanks for coming to BC forum.

Warwolf, you are right. Sad but true. But you might feel better to know that Nimbus couldn't care less about poor Indians who have no access to cable. It was the HC that ordered Nimbus to share the rights with DD, only then could millions of Indians see the WI series, and the WC.

sonali123
March 15, 2007, 11:24 PM
These arguments will not take us anywhere except fight. Do you really want that? Common people, we live in a modern society, we are not Lalu Prasad Yadav.
Let’s keep the sportsmanship inside and outside of our games. Whoever will win the game on 17th and afterwards in near future, they will deserve it because they worked hard for the win during those hours.
I hope you guys comprehend what I am trying to portray through my post.

Thanks

Well said! Let's spread some positive vibes, shall we?E-)

Ihave one question about BD cricket - do you guys mob your cricketers like Indians do? And make them into superstars who are endorsing everything from ghee to cars?

al Furqaan
March 15, 2007, 11:32 PM

Ihave one question about BD cricket - do you guys mob your cricketers like Indians do? And make them into superstars who are endorsing everything from ghee to cars?

well enamul haque sr (aka moni) did glucose biscuit commercials...i think some of the other older/current players do ads every now and then, but generally i don't think they get loads of endorsements.

given the popularity of cricket in BD (which is un-paralleled anywhere else in the world, even in India) i would imagine BD cricketers could be superstars, even if they score nothing but ducks.

Murad
March 15, 2007, 11:40 PM
:mad:muradnyc er gaye pore jhogra korar icha.........

nah re.. bhai.. gaye pore jjogra korar iccha nai.. just.. oi indian gulor kotha shune..mejajh kharap hoye giyechilo.. tai.. jaa mone ashche.. likhesi... bujhini jei apnra eto react korben.... i'm sorry for that...

ashole indian board er kotha shunlei amar matha heat hoye jai...:hairpull:

Kabir
March 16, 2007, 12:18 AM

Bhai amar, eto matha heated hoile ki cholbe? Eije eibhabe chul chirtesen, mathay to taak pore jabe. Bou r bacha der ke kibhabe ei taak ala mukh dekhaben bolen? Ektu matha thanda koren, tarpor dekhben pura duniya phok phoka lagtese. :)

layperson
March 16, 2007, 12:29 AM
nah re.. bhai.. gaye pore jjogra korar iccha nai.. just.. oi indian gulor kotha shune..mejajh kharap hoye giyechilo.. tai.. jaa mone ashche.. likhesi... bujhini jei apnra eto react korben.... i'm sorry for that...

Brother I understand. People have some sensitive spots where if hit it gets out of control. amar nijero raag hoile jaata obostha hoye jay. jodio raag hoi nah beshi kintu kichu bepare sensitive jegula niye kichu hoile matha theke agun ber hoyy amar. erokom case e jodi apnar mone hoy raag kora bhul hoyechilo tahole bhindeshi gula k ekta sorry bole dilei hobe... jeta apni already korechen money holo apanr post theke....dnt worry abt it .. just keep posting :up:

WarWolf
March 16, 2007, 05:24 AM
saab..BCCI cancelled only one tour...and they fulfilled their promise later on by playing two straight series in BD..and thus giving all the benefits to BCB..

its not as if..BCCI have refused to play against BD team...

team india had played equal number of tests and ODI series as any other country..

and in fact BCB got the chance to host team india both the time...and BCB got to pocket millions of $$ both the time...

and we still have BD fans complaining..

Sir, you are missing one point. Surely BCCI cancelled only one tour for hosting BD. But do you know the inner meaning of it? BCCI have postponded the the same tour many and many times. They keep on saying that they will find a suitable time for hosting us. They kept on giving promises, but failed to honor it. As the same tour is postponded again and again so how would you rate their behaviour? Is BCCI only a money machine?

mhj007
March 16, 2007, 08:20 AM
we hope for a bangladesh win...but even hoping that we know india is likely to win...in my opinion chances of winning for both sides:bangladesh 30%,india 70%..and it is also very important for bangladesh to win against india to go through to the super eight stage as well as gain respect from bcci...so lets hope for the best.
Junior

mhj007
March 16, 2007, 08:23 AM

yes...we are as crazy as indians for cricket.
Junior

WarWolf
March 16, 2007, 10:24 AM

This is clear here in BC how much crazy we are about our cricket and cricketers. But we normally don't annoy them when ther fails. We always encourage them. This is the most positive thing about our cricket.