PDA

View Full Version : Win against India for Rana

Mahmood
March 16, 2007, 08:29 AM
Let us win this match and dedicate it to Manjarul, a great player, Bangladesh will miss.

Our players now have more reason to win this, give their 200%.

Orpheus
March 16, 2007, 08:37 AM
Let us win this match and dedicate it to Manjarul, a great player, Bangladesh will miss.

yeah. Team will definitely be affected by it.... it's shocking to us and imagine he's their close buddy... I hope our players can cope well

Kabir
March 16, 2007, 08:39 AM
Absolutely. Win this match, dedicate the win to Rana, and mark the 150th ODI as one of the days that we'll never forget. Lets keep Rana among ourselves.

What a talent he was. We'll miss you Rana.

Braveheart
March 16, 2007, 08:45 AM
On the field BD team must wear a black arm band to express their grief and to let the world know about our big loss. I hope he rests in peace.

BangladeshCricket
March 16, 2007, 08:45 AM
I think they should wear a black arm band and play for Rana. They will hear the news, if they take it seriously, they should give everything and dedicate the match for Rana. I can't even concentrate at work hearing this sad news.
Bashar should mention this too in news conference if they are asked and allowed.
Our deepest condolence for this sad loss.

Rabz
March 16, 2007, 08:58 AM
Absolutely!! Win this game for Rana...
Bangladesh has lost her bright son today..and our beloved tigers should honour it the best way they can...

I wanna see the players wearing black arm band tomorrow

akabir77
March 16, 2007, 08:59 AM

Can anyone post the link for the news?

allrounder
March 16, 2007, 09:01 AM
Can anyone post the link for the news?

How could you not know Rana being a bangladeshi cricket fan of current days.

babubangla
March 16, 2007, 09:05 AM
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2004/20041227/sp3.jpg
http://www.banglacricket.com/pictures/newpic374.jpg

Manjarul Rana was not a part of the playing XI when our team defeated India in December 25, 2004.
But he was very much in front when it’s was time to celebrate the win.

Rana will not be in the playing XI on March 17th when our team faces India in WC.
But let’s make him happy one last time!! Let’s create the moment for celebration in memory of his cherished life.

"India" for Rana.

Navarene
March 16, 2007, 09:07 AM
On the field BD team must wear a black arm band to express their grief and to let the world know about our big loss. I hope he rests in peace.
Absulately agree with you. Hope the team management take this initiative.

We will miss you as long as Bangladesh cricket exists, Rana!

akabir77
March 16, 2007, 09:24 AM
How could you not know Rana being a bangladeshi cricket fan of current days.

Sorry i first read manjural and couldn't recognize as just came in to office... my bad i had read the other thread which i should have read first anyway. i cam back and changed my post though...

Tigers_eye
March 16, 2007, 09:30 AM
Can someone convey the message to Tehsin/Zobair and others who will be there and and ask to wear a black band or a patch on their arm throughout games that they would watch? They can convey the message to other BD fans.

Emotionally these type of news hits you so hard that only the strongest of the souls can cope with the loss. I think the senior leaders should be able to guide the younger ones. I know for sure Mash, Rasel, Razzak were very close to Rana. Mash specially is very emotional. They need to be sat down and counciled before the game by Rafique, JO and Bashar.

babubangla
March 16, 2007, 09:36 AM
The distressing news reached the Bangladesh cricket team...

"The distressing news reached the Bangladesh cricket team while the players were just getting up from bed in Trinidad. A pal of gloom has set in the squad as the prepared for tomorrow’s first World Cup fixture against India."

Source: Tigercricket (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=292)

BanglaCool
March 16, 2007, 09:37 AM
It's a great loss and look at the timing.
The last thing you would want to see is our batsmen and fielders getting glimpses of Rana when they are playing tomorrow. I can see that happening to them as it is happening to me now.

akabir77
March 16, 2007, 10:06 AM
I think Bd players will not be able to play in 100% tomorrow game...

gatekeeper
March 16, 2007, 10:42 AM
Lets go boys. This one's for Rana.

KaaL-PurusH
March 16, 2007, 10:42 AM
yes...guys...pls pls pls...do it for him...

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2007, 10:43 AM
i hope the players put extra effort into tomorrow's game. it doesn't matter if we win or lose, as long as we put up a great show, for rana.

Rubu
March 16, 2007, 11:05 AM
If cricketers are in the same feeling as I am they won't be even able to play, let alone pay good to beat india. I don't care about win against any freaking team, I want RANA.

sar2005
March 16, 2007, 11:05 AM
I think it will have a negetive impact on performance. Imagine your friend has died today and you are playing a cricket game tomorrow.

sar2005
March 16, 2007, 11:06 AM
If cricketers are in the same feeling as I am they won't be even able to play, let alone pay good to beat india. I don't care about win against any freaking team, I want RANA.

Exactly!!

AsifTheManRahman
March 16, 2007, 11:10 AM
I think it will have a negetive impact on performance. Imagine your friend has died today and you are playing a cricket game tomorrow.

it requires a lot of mental toughness. tendulkar scored a century after he came to know about his dad's death, and dedicated it to him; however, one can't really blame the players if they have a hard time out there tomorrow - they are, after all, humans, and not everyone is like Tendulkar.

even i don't feel too enthusiastic about tomorrow's game anymore.

PoorFan
March 16, 2007, 11:13 AM
I dont know what to say to BD boys, it will tough to concentrate who was close with Rana.

Miraz
March 16, 2007, 11:15 AM
I believe our players will do it for Rana.

kalpurush
March 16, 2007, 11:18 AM
I think Bd players will not be able to play in 100% tomorrow game...

They should for Rana.

kalpurush
March 16, 2007, 11:18 AM
I believe our players will do it for Rana.

That's my believe too, Miraz bhai.

Miraz
March 16, 2007, 11:22 AM
Bangladesh players said that they will dedicate their world cup achievements to Rana

Here's Bashar's quote "“If we do something good in this World Cup we will dedicate that to Rana,”

kalpurush
March 16, 2007, 11:23 AM
it requires a lot of mental toughness. tendulkar scored a century after he came to know about his dad's death, and dedicated it to him; however, one can't really blame the players if they have a hard time out there tomorrow - they are, after all, humans, and not everyone is like Tendulkar.

even i don't feel too enthusiastic about tomorrow's game anymore.

Asif bhai:...Yes...our Mashrafee is even tougher than Tendulkar...And Bashar is the toughest...even he didn't care to let out Pilot to get the best squad for BD.
We have no choice except a win against India for RANA.

PoorFan
March 16, 2007, 11:26 AM
It would be nice if mods put the picture of Rana in front page.

Duck
March 16, 2007, 11:27 AM
I hope that BD players do find inspiration out of this gloom.

Its so heartwrecking for me simply as a fan, dont know how the players are coping. I pray to God that they show their mettle and win the game for Rana.

Miraz
March 16, 2007, 11:30 AM
It would be nice if mods put the picture of Rana in front page.

We already have picture of Rana on front page and a bulletin on him (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tour.php)

kalpurush
March 16, 2007, 11:30 AM
I hope that BD players do find inspiration out of this gloom.

Its so heartwrecking for me simply as a fan, dont know how the players are coping. I pray to God that they show their mettle and win the game for Rana.

ditto.

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 16, 2007, 11:34 AM
Bangladesh players said that they will dedicate their world cup achievements to Rana

Here's Bashar's quote "“If we do something good in this World Cup we will dedicate that to Rana,”

Miraz bhai bashar ki sitti ei khota bolse ???i see da light of win against India......
Plz give me da link where bashar said dat???

akabir77
March 16, 2007, 11:37 AM
Miraz bhai bashar ki sitti ei khota bolse ???i see da light of win against India......
Plz give me da link where bashar said dat???

Go to TIgercricket.com

PoorFan
March 16, 2007, 11:48 AM
We already have picture of Rana on front page and a bulletin on him (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tour.php)
Thanks Miraz.

israr
March 16, 2007, 12:51 PM
If I'd be playing against India on 17th March, I would give my life to win against India and dedicate our victory to Rana.

You'll always be there in our hearts.

Ehsan
March 16, 2007, 05:15 PM
Well I hope this sad news does not weaken the team and its spirit.

al Furqaan
March 16, 2007, 05:21 PM
i fully expect the team to play strong after this...though they may not enjoy the fruits of their own labor.

in time, i hope rubu bhai recovers and has the "win at any cost" attitude back.

i am certain one or a few of the boys will collapse because of the rana performance, but i fully expect a rock solid performance to come out from a player who after tomorrow it will be known that NOTHING will faze him.

Outswinger
March 16, 2007, 06:06 PM

Don't say win it for someone . Win it for all of us . For the country & the people . They will be waering Black arm-band for sure .........

But can they ?

Farhad
March 16, 2007, 06:52 PM
Well I hope this sad news does not weaken the team and its spirit.

Well..Apparently it hasnt...The players dont seem too upset. Here's a picture I found at Cricinfo (Note the picture date). I remember they found out when they woke up at their hotel, so this has to be after they heard the news)

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/72900/72927.jpg
Mohammad Rafique and Mushfiqur Rafique seem to be playing tag at Bangladesh's training session, Trinidad, March 16, 2007

It might not be today, that wont be the only typo in the description. Whos Mushfiqur Rafique?;)

Rubu
March 16, 2007, 07:04 PM
It will be a brave, brave bunch of souls if they can play their natural game tomorrow. If they can, they will earn utmost respect from me.

al Furqaan
March 16, 2007, 09:03 PM
It will be a brave, brave bunch of souls if they can play their natural game tomorrow. If they can, they will earn utmost respect from me.

done and done...mark my word.

Shafin
March 17, 2007, 04:26 AM
Win it for Rana,I am sure they will.

oracle
March 17, 2007, 05:41 AM
Tears in my eyes. Ca'nt believe it yet!

Miraz
March 17, 2007, 07:11 PM
Yes!!

We did it for Rana.

Bangladesh dedicated the win to Rana.

Rest in peace, Tiger.

Rubu
March 17, 2007, 07:24 PM
Yes, they did it for my dear Rana.

I am specially glad that they have turned the sorrow into power, which I could not. Dear Rana, now please rest in peace. Your beloved team has won and will keep winning for you. Rest in Peace.

al Furqaan
March 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
Yes, they did it for my dear Rana.

I am specially glad that they have turned the sorrow into power, which I could not. Dear Rana, now please rest in peace. Your beloved team has won and will keep winning for you. Rest in Peace.

i hope you forgive mash for his brenden taylor over, now...

our boys have something not many have.