PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh name 12: Team to show respect to Manzarul rana

Miraz
March 16, 2007, 11:07 AM
TigerCricket.com Report from Port of Spain
16-March-2007

Bangladesh have named 12 players for their ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 opener against India tomorrow (Saturday).

Opener Javed Omer, batsman Rajin Saleh and fast bowler Shahadat Hossain Rajib have been left out of the side.

The team will train today afternoon at the Queen’s Park Oval here, the venue for tomorrow’s match. This will be the Tigers’ first practice session at the Oval.

The day began on a sombre note for the Bangladesh team with the news that 22-year-old all-rounder Manzarul Islam Rana had been killed in a road accident back home in Khulna along with another First Class cricketer Sajjadul Setu.

“It is a terribly distressing news and we don’t have words to express our shock and grief. The players are absolutely stunned. Our heart goes out to Rana’s family and may the Almighty grant his soul eternal peace,” said skipper Habibul Bashar.

“If we do something good in this World Cup we will dedicate that to Rana,” added Bashar.

Bashar also expressed his grief at the sad demise of Setu who was on the back seat of the same motorbike Rana was riding.

“It is a great loss for our cricket. Our heartfelt sympathy goes out to Setu’s young family,” said Bashar.

The Bangladesh team has decided to wear black arm bands during tomorrow’s match to show their respect to Rana who appeared in six Test matches and 25 ODIs for the country.

Bangladesh squad
Habibul Bashar (Captain), Shahriar Nafees Ahmed (VC), Tamim Iqbal Khan, Aftab Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim (WK), Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Mohammed Rafique, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Tapash Baishya.

FaridpurChicago
March 16, 2007, 11:29 AM
Shadhinotar ei mash e, Rana haranor bedona,
purno koruk bijoy khuda, ei amar kamona.

kalpurush
March 16, 2007, 11:56 AM
Go Bangladesh Go for RANA:flag:

Niceman70
March 16, 2007, 12:06 PM
I know everyone is upset for the loss of manzural so i thought maybe i would post the news for the 12 men squad for tomorrow's game.

here:

Bangladesh squad
Habibul Bashar (Captain), Shahriar Nafees Ahmed (VC), Tamim Iqbal Khan, Aftab Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim (WK), Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Mohammed Rafique, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Tapash Baishya.

source: tigercricket.com

Miraz
March 16, 2007, 12:08 PM
We already have a thread on this.

Merger required.

Mahmood
March 16, 2007, 12:15 PM
Taposh should have been left out, Rajib should have been the 3rd seamer, pending wicket condintion to play or be 12th player.

Bad decision.

Rubu
March 16, 2007, 12:22 PM
Does the 12th person of the squad has to be the 12th man? I would like to see rajin fielding even if he is not playing.

Miraz
March 16, 2007, 12:27 PM
Does the 12th person of the squad has to be the 12th man? I would like to see rajin fielding even if he is not playing.

Anyone from the squad can do the fielding job, not necessarily the 12th man.

reverse_swing
March 16, 2007, 12:38 PM

Merger required.
Done

Kabir
March 16, 2007, 12:40 PM
I'll wear a black arm band tomorrow during the match too...to be part of our observance.

The team looks fine to me. All we can do now is wait, and let our boys win this match for Rana. Every run and and every wicket should be dedicated to him.

sar2005
March 16, 2007, 12:58 PM
yeah, rajib in place of tapash would have been good.
If any of Tamim or Aftab can play a long innings, the day is ours.

Meanwhile, gibbs hitted 4 successive sixes .........and still going......

sar2005
March 16, 2007, 12:59 PM
6 in a row (sorry , I did not find a match thread for it)

Niceman70
March 16, 2007, 03:32 PM

Merger required.

thanx i was not aware of it.

imtiaz82
March 16, 2007, 06:10 PM
Shahdat should have been there as pointed out by others, I don't know about his recent form but a genuine pacer is always handy against Indian players like Ganguly(who wears 10 different protective gear) lol

Rabz
March 16, 2007, 08:51 PM
The only reason i can think of Tapash inclusion is his past record in WI? ( our last tour)...
cuz i cant think of any...

Rajib should hv bn picked...
but then again..he (tapash) would probably be the 12th man...

Farhad
March 16, 2007, 09:47 PM
I still dont know why Tapash was picked. I mean, Im not exactly a Tapash basher but his track record in the warmup games was terrible.....

insideedge
March 16, 2007, 10:01 PM
Ganguly fearing 135 kmph thunderbolt of Shahadat? He has faced Ntini(140 kmph), Jeroen Taylor(145 kmph) and Malinga(150 kmph) recently without problems.

Tahsin Chowdhury
March 17, 2007, 12:23 AM
Sahadat is our main pace bowler in our bowling department.& mashrafee & rajib is a perfect opening bowler pair.I don no Y selectors selected Tapash instead of shadat.Tapash isn't in the team in last 6 mnths,..thn y????

Imteaz
March 17, 2007, 12:52 AM
Hope Bangladesh will Win. Feel Sorry for Manjarul Rana.

cricket_pagol
March 17, 2007, 12:57 AM
I think rasel will play instead of taposh... We need some steady bowling from Rasel

imtiaz82
March 17, 2007, 02:29 AM
Ganguly fearing 135 kmph thunderbolt of Shahadat? He has faced Ntini(140 kmph), Jeroen Taylor(145 kmph) and Malinga(150 kmph) recently without problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZMwo3nOqW8

ENJOY!

Flip Master Mick
March 17, 2007, 06:12 AM
shahadat should have been included in the 12 man squad. they will never play baishaya. y include him in the squad?

Sovik
March 17, 2007, 06:48 AM
good to see javed is not playing. it would have been another tragedy

imtiaz82
March 17, 2007, 10:01 AM

Take my words back, Ganguly is the best player of pace bowling!