PDA

View Full Version : Its time to take steps.

Reaz
March 16, 2007, 12:31 PM
Bangladesh cricket has lost two talented cricketers including Manjural Islam Rana.

The shock news compelled me to point my finger to one very important aspect of Bangladeshi cricket players; their lifestyle.
In the recent past Mashrafe Mortaza, Syed Rasel and Abdur Razzak narrowly escaped fatal consequences with minor injuries while riding Motor Bikes.

I would like to suggest BCB to impose some sorts of control in their life style.
Few examples:
Cricket Players at all levels:
Will not be allowed to ride Motor Bikes.
Will not be allowed to Smoke or Drink.
Will not be allowed to get married before the age of 26.

In every demanding profession there are one or two restrictions imposed for the ultimate betterment of the profession. Like the defense personnel are not allowed to marry before a certain age.

They are young. They come from different backgrounds. But they are our national assets too. They need to lead somewhat controlled life. They can't possibly do every risky acts that other kids at their age do. BCB has some responsibilities in protecting these talents.

We can’t let any such unnecessary tragic event to recur and can't also afford to loose any more Manjural Islam Rana.

RazabQ
March 16, 2007, 12:49 PM
While the other two are a bid draconian, I'll definitely go with the 1st one. Don't forget Shah Alam - the fastest Bangladeshi ever died in am otor bike accident too!

pagol-chagol
March 16, 2007, 12:57 PM
Mashrafee is irreplacable. We may have to wait many decades for another Mashrafee. He's like Kapil Dev was to India.

Duck
March 16, 2007, 12:58 PM
[quote=Reaz;388833]

In every demanding profession there are one or two restrictions imposed for the ultimate betterment of the profession. Like the defense personnel are not allowed to marry before a certain age. [quote]

I undestand at which point of view you are talking about. I also agree with you that there should be some measures taken by the BCB to prevent any loss like this.

But I do not agree with your example of defense personnel.....who seems to me more like the ROBOTS! We dont want to make robots to play for the country. They dont have anything but to say "YES" to their commading officers. We dont need that kind of players. Besides, there is chance that marriage will make you more responsible and more discipline! There are examples even in the current BD team.

Mahir
March 16, 2007, 01:17 PM
We dont want to make robots to play for the country. :smug: They dont have anything but to say "YES" to their commading officers.

Duck_pion, no offence directed towards you, but I really don't feel that this is a situation to mock of. I am sorry.. but that wasnt nice.

sensible
March 16, 2007, 01:22 PM
In every profession, the persons involved need to bear some of the responsibility. It's called professionalism. Unfortunately, in Bangladesh we don't see that. As a consequence, our cricketers do not learn that either. Let's take Mashrafee for example. I don't know if you remember that just after he got married he injured himself coming down the stairs. Now a professional would not have done that. They need to know that their injury free life is important to them...but more important to the country. There is a reason these people are getting paid so much money! I think BCB needs to set up guidelines for their lifestyle. But they also have to take up part of the responsibility and try to avoid things that are injurious....

capslock
March 16, 2007, 03:13 PM
Sorry, these are silly ideas. Cricket is not vital to a nation, and imposing on cricketers lifestyles outside of work will make them worse players, not better.

abdulw11
March 16, 2007, 04:08 PM
Let's take Mashrafee for example. I don't know if you remember that just after he got married he injured himself coming down the stairs. Now a professional would not have done that.

Lol, I'm sure he didn't do that on purpose. It could happen to anyone, professional or not.