PDA

View Full Version : Kumble to Retire

Nafis_BD
March 30, 2007, 10:55 AM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/288021.html

Hey guys check this out Indian leg spinner Anil Kumble to retire from ODI's.What do u guys think of this?

akabir77
March 30, 2007, 11:14 AM
ahhhaa
India had only one good pacer that one retired!!!

Nafis_BD
March 30, 2007, 11:22 AM
he is actually a leg spinner

AsifTheManRahman
March 30, 2007, 11:44 AM
my hat's off to him.

akabir77
March 30, 2007, 12:19 PM
he is actually a leg spinner
and had more pace then any other indian pacer... and his ball wouldn't spin!!!:floor:

Nafis_BD
March 30, 2007, 12:22 PM
hahahahhahaah lol

stuge
March 30, 2007, 12:32 PM
It's sad .I have met this guy twice and he is very nice . I hope he will still do great in Test Cricket .

Nocturnal
March 30, 2007, 03:09 PM
Kumble's Bowling record in ODI:
<table class="engineTable"><thead><tr class="head"><th> Mat</th> <th>Balls</th> <th>Runs</th> <th>Wkts</th> <th>BBI</th> <th>BBM</th> <th>Ave</th> <th>Econ</th> <th>SR</th> <th>4</th> <th>5</th> <th>10</th></tr></thead></table><table class="engineTable"><tbody><tr class="data1"><td class="left" nowrap="nowrap">ODIs</td> <td> 271</td> <td>14496</td> <td>10412</td> <td>337</td> <td>6/12</td> <td>6/12</td> <td>30.89</td> <td>4.30</td> <td>43.01</td> <td>8</td> <td>2</td> <td>0</td></tr></tbody></table>

AsifTheManRahman
March 30, 2007, 03:10 PM
and had more pace then any other indian pacer... and his ball wouldn't spin!!!:floor:

true. it's funny how their pacers (eg venkatesh prasad) turn out to be leggies and how their leggies (eg kumble) turn out to be pacers :)

Kabir
March 30, 2007, 04:18 PM
ahhhaa
India had only one good pacer that one retired!!!

Took me a while to understand...and when I did, I'm ROFL :floor:

Padosan
April 3, 2007, 12:47 PM
Infact kumble started as a medium pacer in his college days, then the coach saw his approach and turned him to a legspinner.

He was the only genuine bowling match winner that India had. If he retires from Tests India will have to look for some replacement real soon, else home series wins might take some time :).

Tigers_eye
April 3, 2007, 01:03 PM
What is Hirwani doing these days? Can he be recalled? That is a step up of whatever replacement will BCCI bring. I remember the real Hirwani. Dang! No one could play his ball.

I am happy for Kumble. I think he needs to be sent directly to an academy to nurture future prospect. That guy's mental strength surpassed any current Indian player.

Padosan
April 3, 2007, 02:52 PM
Hirwani faded away in the system and regional quota's . Well that guy didnt perform too well in the National level to help too much of his causes either.

The problem also lies in too much of stardom into the young players heads. To have a good run in Indian cricket the cricketer needs to be really tough mentally, got to bend for selectors and soap polish the likes of them(i.e., very little self respect atleast till he establishes himself), be favorites of captains and senior players, be from the lucky regions where the majority of the selectors will be from that point of your career. Well Hirwani dropped out somewhere in this gap.

take the case of L.sivaramakrishnan. He was one of the top leg spinners, would have been a warne himself. Then fame got to his head, along with drugs. Result was to be seen. Same with Vinod Kambli too, It was said once, Kambli is as talented as Tendulkar if not more.

Well people come and go, but BCCI remains forever :)

akabir77
April 3, 2007, 03:12 PM
Took me a while to understand...and when I did, I'm ROFL :floor:

ROFL = ? :-/

Nafis_BD
April 3, 2007, 04:01 PM
ROFL=Roling On The Floor!!

akabir77
April 3, 2007, 04:42 PM
TFLMKT.. Now take that

topgun
April 3, 2007, 07:36 PM
who cares?
oh wait maybe india will then lose the series against us? but knowing our players, may be they'll throw the towel in so we'll lose.. well who cares?

Hatebreed
April 3, 2007, 07:37 PM

You forgot 'laughing'

ROFLMFAO.

Nafis_BD
April 3, 2007, 09:00 PM
You forgot 'laughing'

ROFLMFAO.

Oh yeah thanks for the correction!!!

Tintin
April 4, 2007, 12:55 AM