PDA

View Full Version : will it compensate???

al Furqaan
April 17, 2007, 01:14 PM
will a win against Windies negate the Ireland loss?

layperson
April 17, 2007, 01:15 PM
Definitely not for me. Loss to ireland was extremely painful. A win against WI will give a lot of joy but wont take away that pain.

layperson
April 17, 2007, 01:26 PM
:floor: :lol: :floor: :lol: :floor:
what a joke this poll is... 2 person's opinion... :lol: :floor: :lol: :floor: :lol: :floor: u call that a poll .. :floor: :lol: :floor: :lol: :floor: :lol: i can't take it :lol: :floor: take the tread off ... :floor: :lol: :floor: :lol: :floor: :lol: :floor: :lol: :floor:

Haire pagol thread ta to ekhon khullo matro. Give it some time, then you will see others come and vote too. I wonder if TE bhai would spare you some of the extra stuff he got jetar jonno unar ghumate problem hoy. Seems like you have a shortage of that.

sar2005
April 17, 2007, 01:27 PM
You can not compare a win against WI with the loss against IRE. A win against WI can prove our improvement again, but the loss against IRE definitely represents our poor inconsistency.

layperson
April 17, 2007, 01:28 PM
You can not compare a win against WI with the loss against IRE. A win against WI can prove our improvement again, but the loss against IRE definitely represents our poor inconsistency.

Exactly !!!!

KnightBD
April 17, 2007, 01:28 PM
Haire pagol thread ta to ekhon khullo matro. Give it some time, then you will see others come and vote too. I wonder if TE bhai would spare you some of the extra stuff he got jetar jonno unar ghumate problem hoy. Seems like you have a shortage of that.

shita age koiben na...

Rubu
April 17, 2007, 01:29 PM
I took Ireland lose as part of cricket. Not anything heartbreaking. They played better cricket on that day to win it. We played horrible and deserved the lose.

Just like we won against SA or IND, we lost to Ireland. part of the game.

The only thing that made me mad about Ireland game is pathetic Habibul.

KnightBD
April 17, 2007, 01:32 PM
<snip>

The only thing that made me mad about Ireland game is pathetic Habibul.

The only thing that made me mad about Ireland game is BD team took it too lightly. I like Jawa of SL, he takes nothing for granted and so his team mates.

Sauron
April 17, 2007, 01:42 PM
It really will not compensate, but I still voted Yes. Ireland loss was pathetic. Nothing really can make up for that.

But keeping things in perspective, this win will get us up from the bottom of the points table. So, this will compensate, even though the pain will remain.

Hatebreed
April 17, 2007, 01:45 PM
shita age koiben na...

Learn to read. The time and date is there for a reason.

AsifTheManRahman
April 17, 2007, 02:05 PM
the loss to ireland was analogous to south africa and india's losses to us. it doesn't make those two worse than us, or us worse than ireland. upsets happen in sports, especially when a team is young.

Hatebreed
April 17, 2007, 02:16 PM
It was an upset but nowhere near the same scale as beating Pakistan. At least it's not as bad as losing to Canada, because people accept that Ireland is a much better team.

Murad
April 17, 2007, 02:42 PM
ireland cricket association started at aroun 1892... and ours started in around 80s.. but ora kotot piche ekhono....

and those guys are more experienced than us.. most of them are from Aus and SA...

however..the loss will not be forgiven...

oporajeyo_bangla
April 17, 2007, 02:58 PM
the ireland loss was actually good for cricket. we've now helped a country gain more prominence in the cricket world. or that's what i like to tell myself...

ammark
April 17, 2007, 03:48 PM
The loss to Ireland if anything exposed everything wrong with our cricket. Apart from Batting and erratic fielding, it also exposed the lack of variety of our bowling on a bouncy pitch, especially given the bad and defensive captaincy.

ialbd
April 17, 2007, 09:00 PM
now that I've recovered (almost) from the loss, I think its about time for me to become a 'professional' fan, that is learn how to accept defeat and always look positively at every match. We are no longer after the fluke victories, we play to win.... and inshAllah we'll win against WI....

will that compensate the defeat? well a win is a win, and a loss is a loss, have to live with both......

SMHasan
April 17, 2007, 10:42 PM
Ireland loss was a huge humiliation but a win against another top team will seal that pain a little. I voted yes.

We need to prove that that loss was an upset by winning this one. I know we can do it, probably we need another eid from our beloved Ash.

cricman
April 17, 2007, 10:43 PM
IMO a win vs the WI would prove that the Ireland game was a fluke type thing.

Nocturnal
April 17, 2007, 10:49 PM
IMO a win vs the WI would prove that the Ireland game was a fluke type thing.

It was not a fluke though. :(

cricman
April 17, 2007, 10:51 PM
It was not a fluke though. :(

A win would show that Ireland played at really high level and that we didn't perform up to our potential. Please i don't wanna look back, we didn't look back after we beat SA and India and we shouldn't look back at the Ireland game.

pocha
April 17, 2007, 11:08 PM
No, never. A lost against Ireland will not be compensated in this world cup atleast.

The only way to redeem is to thrash India 3-0 at home.

Dhakablues
April 18, 2007, 01:41 AM
I dont think anything can be compensate a loss like that. It takes years to rebuild that momentum. Losing to Canada took a while for the fans to forget. Losing to Ireland did take away alot from the fans than what Bashar may realize. Winning against WI will only prove the point of how inconsistent we are.. losing to them will prove that we had our world cup and we are just tired to play any further. To me the only way to compensate the loss would be is to see a good fight from the team with Bashar/Nafis being the water boys... I just couldnt get over how I saw Bashar play that day.. seriously I have nightmares about it still!!!

Baundule
April 18, 2007, 03:06 AM
he he...

First of all, IRE loss is not something like an accident. We used to play like this throughout the whole tournament (even the SA match; though Ind match may be an exception)

Winning against WI is very much possible, because they are even worse than us in planning and execution. They are one of the most horrible sides in the field. But they have lot of talents like us and if they click, they can kill us. On the other hand, we can kill them as well, if all the Ashraful risky shots find the boundary, in stead of finding the sloppy WI fielders.

It's a match between two similar minded teams.

BANTigress
April 18, 2007, 09:22 AM
surely the loss against IRE ws disapponting however i thnk we played really well in this WC so 1 loss doesn't do any harm to me...cuz IRE deserved dat win nd we didn't...if dey win against WI den datz it we can leave dis WC is a manered way!!

mhj007
April 18, 2007, 10:33 AM
yes,to quite an extent.
Junior

Protic
April 18, 2007, 01:58 PM
o.o Guys.. Even after the IRE lost..this was one of the best torunys we ever had!!
Bangladesh came up a long way.. Victory over us..made the IRISH fans shed tears..that how it meant to them..just "a win" never sheds tear.
Anyway.. win over west indies.. Its gonna be great..if not.. i'll still welcome our players with warm greetings!!