PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh game the best we've played - Johnston

Farhad
April 17, 2007, 03:20 PM
The Ireland teams captain, Trent Johnston, had this to say about their last match:

"We'll just go out there as we've said all tournament and try to play the best game we can," said Ireland's captain, Trent Johnston, who believed that his team's 74-run victory over Bangladesh on Sunday was the highlight of their campaign. "If we can do exactly the same as we did against Bangladesh we'll be delighted. I think that's the best one-day performance we've put together, in all three disciplines."

You can check out the whole article (a preview for the SL-Ireland match) here (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/291036.html)

OZGOD
April 18, 2007, 12:17 AM
I guess what made it so special for them was the fact that they targetted this game as their own "WC final", developed a plan to approach it, and executed that plan pretty much to perfection. The Pakistan match, while it would've also been special, would have been one that they'd have gone in thinking "let's just play well", without expecting to win it.

Kabir
April 18, 2007, 12:25 AM
Exactly. They delivered the game plan flawlessly.

It's good to know that Ireland is taking the win against Bangladesh as more credible than that of Pakistan though. It connotates the feeling that gee, we're actually doing great. Although, some members will jump here and start shooting at me. I say, retreattttttt!!!

Mahir
April 18, 2007, 12:54 AM
Exactly. They delivered the game plan flawlessly.

Yup, and Bangladesh simply bought into their plan. That game was an epitome of a literal "dream-come-true" in form of a "perfectly materialised plan" for the Irish.

Dhakablues
April 18, 2007, 01:34 AM
I disagree. I think we awarded them the match... had Rasel not got injured and Bashar only.... ( never mind)

BANTigress
April 18, 2007, 09:24 AM
I disagree. I think we awarded them the match... had Rasel not got injured and Bashar only.... ( never mind)
tru say..if we had played the whole 50 overs nd when bowling we had rasel den surely ireland would've lost dis game..bt they were lucky!!

akabir77
April 18, 2007, 09:28 AM

Typical indian fan like answer...

They played great and won it no one gave it to them...