PDA

View Full Version : Is there any update of Dav?

sensible
April 18, 2007, 09:44 AM
BCB was supposed to meet on Wednesday about the future of Dav Whatmore. Does anyone know what the outcome of that meeting?

kalpurush
April 18, 2007, 12:10 PM
...might be same like our beloved "Dui-Begom"!?!!;) :)

Protic
April 18, 2007, 02:04 PM
Dav will stay..i guess.

sensible
April 18, 2007, 02:45 PM
Somokal says BCB has decided not renew contract with Whatmore. I think it'd be a mistake. But on the other hand, if he want to negotiate an unfair deal with BCB, that would not be nice.

Murad
April 18, 2007, 03:56 PM
hmm they are thinking of making ashraful the captain.... not a bad move.. hes the most experienced captain....he captained for dhaka bivagh and shonargaon...

they are not gointo rew contract with whatmore thats not bad.... they are goin for a new coach.. whatmore koidin por por khali onno deshe chole jete chai.. jekhane beshi taka pabe.....

http://www.shamokal.com/details.php?nid=58402

they are goin to select 15 members team for india series first.. then they willl make the captain and vice captain.. from that 15...

BangladeshCricket
April 18, 2007, 04:02 PM
Can let go Bashar...but regarding Whatmore...not a good sign.

Murad
April 18, 2007, 04:10 PM
Can let go Bashar...but regarding Whatmore...not a good sign.

whatmore wants tripple of amounts hes getting now... so he has to go... we can't afford to give that much money... we can get another coach... who could be better than him... besides that.. hes corrupted...with the selectors...

akabir77
April 18, 2007, 04:18 PM
the new comity will take us back to the defeated era...

Get ready for more defeats...

Pilot will be back... Good lord...

al Furqaan
April 18, 2007, 04:26 PM
ash as captain is a baaaaad idea...

Tigers_eye
April 18, 2007, 04:50 PM
speculations!! You people can't read? Translating:

MA Aziz mentioned that today BD's world cup matches will end. For that reason, no permanent decision was made which could hamper the team's performance. At the same time Indians touring us is very near, have no time in hand. Important decisions needs to be made. So, with the Board's vice president Shah Nurul Kabir Shahin being at the chair a six member special committee has been made. They will make the final decision of what will be done by today. Special committee's members are Mahbub Anam, Rafiqul Islam, Shamim Kabir, ASM Faruk and Salman Ispahani.

BostonTigers
April 18, 2007, 06:46 PM
the new comity will take us back to the defeated era...

Get ready for more defeats...

Pilot will be back... Good lord...

Very much agree with you if they do let go of Whatmore. Looks like politics within the board will play a part if this happens. SAD.

sadi
April 18, 2007, 07:31 PM
The only thing worries me about the article is Pilot's comeback. I hope they don't mess things up and take our cricket backwards.

BD Tigers
April 18, 2007, 08:50 PM
how reliable this "shomokal" paper? havent seen any news on any other newspaper.

cricket_pagol
April 18, 2007, 09:41 PM
I think Pilot might come back for Test Cricket... mushy needs to put in a good performance in the last game to ensure his place in the ODI team.

akabir77
April 18, 2007, 10:04 PM
Look what army power did to pak cricket. I am sure we will follow them. no wonder they say that army ghilu is in hattu, as they make too much salute...

Stumped
April 18, 2007, 10:52 PM
whatmore wants tripple of amounts hes getting now... so he has to go... we can't afford to give that much money... we can get another coach... who could be better than him... besides that.. hes corrupted...with the selectors...

show me some facts... make sure u say that thats what u think buddy, cos it aint true...

cricket_pagol
April 18, 2007, 10:57 PM
whatever happens after the world cup... whatmore made significant contributions to bangladesh cricket and that cannot be denied. Thank you whatmore.

Kabir
April 18, 2007, 11:19 PM
show me some facts... make sure u say that thats what u think buddy, cos it aint true...

Well the news says that he's asking twice the amount. Our exaggeration master MuradNYC made it 3 times, you know!

ammark
April 19, 2007, 12:01 AM
Well the news says that he's asking twice the amount. Our exaggeration master MuradNYC made it 3 times, you know!

:floor: Thanks for clarifying Kabir bhai. Made my day.

amethyst
April 19, 2007, 12:13 AM
ash as captain is a baaaaad idea...

and think about the ceremony time. that guy gets nervous when he comes to take the MOM award. think about the days when he'll has to come as a defeated captain and say something in english. oh god...

aaaaanyway, i dont think Whatmore will stay. but it will be interesting to see who our next captain is. E-)

Kabir
April 19, 2007, 12:17 AM
and think about the ceremony time. that guy gets nervous when he comes to take the MOM award. think about the days when he'll has to come as a defeated captain and say something in english. oh god...

aaaaanyway, i dont think Whatmore will stay. but it will be interesting to see who our next captain is. E-)

As ATMR said, Ash will go out there and say "You make 30, I make 30, we win". The commentator will say "You make 30, he makes 30, opponent makes 61 and win!".

As for the next captain, it won't be Tamim, so don't get all excited :)

amethyst
April 19, 2007, 12:37 AM
As ATMR said, Ash will go out there and say "You make 30, I make 30, we win". The commentator will say "You make 30, he makes 30, opponent makes 61 and win!".

As for the next captain, it won't be Tamim, so don't get all excited :)

lol... nah, i wouldnt want that either. you know it will break my heart (even more) to see my Tamim as a defeated captain and all the bashing then he'd have to go through... oh no!

:p

sorry, no more offtopic. i promise. :)

Kabir
April 19, 2007, 12:41 AM
lol... nah, i wouldnt want that either. you know it will break my heart (even more) to see my Tamim as a defeated captain and all the bashing then he'd have to go through... oh no!

:p

sorry, no more offtopic. i promise. :)

Aray bhai 1:40 in the morning e off topic na to ki pure cricket er pechal parum naki? Admins rao ei shomoy "That 70's show" er round table e boshe. Amra ki dosh korlam? Chalay jan miya!

BTW...Tamim is a real bacha (just watch him walk back to pavillion after getting out). When he grows up, I'll tell him about you. Ok?

amethyst
April 19, 2007, 12:54 AM
Aray bhai 1:40 in the morning e off topic na to ki pure cricket er pechal parum naki? Admins rao ei shomoy "That 70's show" er round table e boshe. Amra ki dosh korlam? Chalay jan miya!

BTW...Tamim is a real bacha (just watch him walk back to pavillion after getting out). When he grows up, I'll tell him about you. Ok?

aah, so kind of you, Kabir bhaia! thanks.. but no thanks. this bachchi (which is me) knows how to talk to another bachcha :blush: keno, "ballo prem" jatiyo kichu shonen nai konodin? E-)