PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh pick their 12 + Ashraful fine

Farhad
April 18, 2007, 06:39 PM
Rasel, Javed in Bangladesh 12

BRIDGETOWN: Javed Omer made a return to the side in place of fellow opener Shahriar Nafees Ahmed while left-arm paceman Syed Rasel was also drafted in the Bangladesh 12 for tomorrow’s Super Eight match against the West Indies, the Tigers’ last fixture in this World Cup.

Regarding Ashrafuls injury:
Another injury concern Mohammad Ashraful only bowled his leg-spinners on Tuesday and did not bat as a precaution. The X-ray report on his left fifth finger, which was dislocated while fielding against Ireland, confirmed that there was no dislocation or fracture and Ashraful would undergo full training today.

Click here (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=337) to read more

EDIT
Final 12:
Bangladesh (12): Habibul Bashar (Captain), Javed Omer, Tamim Iqbal, Aftab Ahmed, Shakib Al Hasan, Mohammad Ashraful, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza, Mohammed Rafique, Abdur Razzak, Syed Rasel, Shahadat Hossain Rajib.

Farhad
April 18, 2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.tigercricket.com/pgallery/rasel18407.jpg
Syed Rasel sends down a delivery during practice at the Police ground in Bridgetown today. Rasel bowled with a tennis ball to assess his ankle and did not have any problems. He is expected to bowl in the nets tomorrow. ©TigerCricket.com
http://www.tigercricket.com/pgallery/ash18407.jpg
Mohammad Ashraful trying out his leg-spinners in the nets with a protective cap wrapped around his left fifth finger which was dislocated during the match against ireland on Sunday. Ashraful received an all-clear in the X-ray report where no fracture or dislocation was found. He did not bat in today's practice as precaution but will bat tomorrow when the Tigers train at Kensington Oval. ©TigerCricket.com

Click here (http://www.tigercricket.com/tigerimgviews.aspx?columnID=176) to see the rest

Kabir
April 18, 2007, 06:49 PM
Okay. Out of these, only Shahadat gets to sit, and the rest 11 is my team.

If Bashar comes one down, I'll start a campaign to drop him. Enough is enough.

[for those who would want to jump in here, I am not being disrespectful...I've stated my concern here]

Omio
April 18, 2007, 07:19 PM
I want to see Rajib in the team, he is very aggresive bowler.

oporajeyo_bangla
April 18, 2007, 07:25 PM
I want to see Rajib in the team, he is very aggresive bowler.

Yes, and part of the reason we lost to Ireland!:mad:

al Furqaan
April 18, 2007, 07:29 PM
Yes, and part of the reason we lost to Ireland!:mad:

r u kidding...asides fro his first 2 overs and his last one...his other 6 were ultra economical.

plus he could have a top order wicket had the slips been placed correctly. of course he nearly had anther had he not overstepped, but that was his fault.

i still would rather see rasel in, but to say rajib is crap is itself crap (what you said is tantamount to saying rajib is crap).

AsifTheManRahman
April 18, 2007, 07:56 PM
Okay. Out of these, only Shahadat gets to sit, and the rest 11 is my team.

If Bashar comes one down, I'll start a campaign to drop him. Enough is enough.

[for those who would want to jump in here, I am not being disrespectful...I've stated my concern here]

actually, bashar *might* just be the best fit at number 3, because aftab, being the hard-hitter that he is, will come in handy later in the inning. if both tamim and aftab get out early, we won't have anyone to do the hitting down the order. however, if we lose bashar early, we can still rely on the rest of the batsmen to rebuild.

TheWatcher
April 18, 2007, 08:31 PM
actually, bashar *might* just be the best fit at number 3, because aftab, being the hard-hitter that he is, will come in handy later in the inning. if both tamim and aftab get out early, we won't have anyone to do the hitting down the order. however, if we lose bashar early, we can still rely on the rest of the batsmen to rebuild.
Once again I agree with ATMR. I sincerly hope Bashar will show a better form tomorrow.

My sympathy to Rajin and Farhad. Both of them have done some excellent fielding, as subistutes, without getting chances in playing XI in this WC.

akabir77
April 18, 2007, 08:40 PM
If we want runs from him then he should come down 1st down when there is no pressure. and aftab and ash can show their magic like the SA game.

oporajeyo_bangla
April 18, 2007, 08:42 PM
r u kidding...asides fro his first 2 overs and his last one...his other 6 were ultra economical.

plus he could have a top order wicket had the slips been placed correctly. of course he nearly had anther had he not overstepped, but that was his fault.

i still would rather see rasel in, but to say rajib is crap is itself crap (what you said is tantamount to saying rajib is crap).

dude, you're putting words in my mouth... i never said rajib is crap. but what i will say is that he let off the pressure that mash was building at the other end. and when he returned for his second spell, he gave away 15 runs! you can't just take away the overs that he gave runs and look at the ones that he didn't. he gave away 51 runs in 9 overs (and there's a maiden in one of those overs).

and if you support russel's inclusion, there's no point having this conversation.

BD Tigers
April 18, 2007, 08:44 PM
yes feeling bad for Rajin and Farhad. They shud have given a chance but anyway they are still young and have chance in future.

Bashar shud come as 1st down but I dont think he will as he made runs as 6th down. So he will stay there.

Russell2k7
April 18, 2007, 09:11 PM

Well Put Bro.

akabir77
April 18, 2007, 10:09 PM
well even though i think rassell should be the first choice i think rajib did pretty well. Cricket is not just get read and go game anymore. you have to have a lot of home work done before any game. Rajib didn't get that chance. mentally he was not ready... so what he did was understandable. but don't think that's his best. He is not ready yet for ODI but remember he has a hat trick in ODI

Kabir
April 18, 2007, 11:26 PM

See, this is a good argument, except the fact that your central idea is that the rest of our batsmen will be able to do the rebuilding work. No! It didn't happen this way so far, and it is unlikely to happen tomorrow as well (knowing our players).

What happens after Bashar comes 1 down? He either gets out cheaply, or ALWAYS gets involved in a crazy run-out situation. And then, we're suddenly 2 wickets down for less than 30 runs. Given that JO is opening tomorrow, that may not be the case. I sincerely hope that JO and Tamim gets the team off to a good start. As soon as our openers perform, Sakib will get the nerve to continue (I'm not considering Bashar now...have seen enough).

If we consider that after losing 3 top wickets (Tamim, JO, and Bashar) within 75, Sakib and Mushy are in the center playing their singles and doubles, we have a good chance. Remember, Mushy can play the shots all around the wickets. Sakib is stronger on the off-side. A combination of these two on a good day can easily get the opponent sweat.

Kabir
April 18, 2007, 11:30 PM
BTW, the security at my work is from Barbados, and he is a BD fan too. He was very positive today that Lara will score a century tomm. He had some justified reasons to think so. But lets just see what happens.

IMO, we have a better chance if we bat first. But then again, most of you will differ with me on this.

WarWolf
April 19, 2007, 01:57 AM

I am not happy with Rajib's performance against Ireland. He got the ball to swing to both sides and had good carry with the ball. But i felt he is still inconsistent with his length. I am sure if he could keep the length right he was a good candidate for a wickets.

I never doubted his bowling ability and a fan of him as well. But he still seems not to be matured enough with his thinking. He needs more time.

We don't have a good long queue filled up with pace bowlers. We need someone like Andy Roberts here in BD to work with the young pace bowlers atleast for 3 months.

BD-Shardul
April 19, 2007, 03:05 AM
I really feel sorry foe Rajin Saleh, didn't get a single chance, while SN got more chances than that he deserved. OK Saleh, dont loose heart, work hard, and remeber, sobure meoa fole.

Baundule
April 19, 2007, 03:07 AM
Farhad is in good form. ANd to me, it seems like a waste not using him.

fwullah
April 19, 2007, 05:16 AM
BTW, the security at my work is from Barbados, and he is a BD fan too. He was very positive today that Lara will score a century tomm. He had some justified reasons to think so. But lets just see what happens.

IMO, we have a better chance if we bat first. But then again, most of you will differ with me on this.

I think Lara will not play today, Sarwan will lead the WI team.

zahid
April 19, 2007, 05:39 AM
Put in Farhad in place of Aftab.

Tigers_eye
April 19, 2007, 10:29 AM
I really feel sorry foe Rajin Saleh, didn't get a single chance, while SN got more chances than that he deserved. OK Saleh, dont loose heart, work hard, and remeber, sobure meoa fole.
If we hadn't qualified for the second round 4 players wouldn't get to play at all including JO.
Why no one says the same thing for Stuart Clark?

Nothing to feel sorry! Our middle order did a decent job and that is why Rajin couldn't get in. SN's weak performance has allowed Jo to get in. Injury allowed Shahadat to play against Ireland. This is International Cricket (WC) not a para'r game. The best 11 the management thinks plays.