PDA

View Full Version : Live Chat with Bangladesh WC players on Apr. 19, 2007 at 11pm GMT/7pm EDT

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 01:48 AM
We would like to announce a live chat session with the players (names of the participating players will be announced right before the start time) at BanglaCricket Chat (http://www.banglacricket.com/chat). This will be after Bangladesh vs West Indies match tomorrow

Date:
Thursday April 19 2007
Time:
11:00 pm - 11:30pm GMT
7:00pm - 7:30pm US Eastern (4pm Pacific time)
5:00am - 5:30am Bangladesh Time (morning of April 20th)
9:00am - 9:30am Australia Eastern Time (April 20th)

To participate in live discussion, please log onto BanlgaCricket Chat at
http://www.banglacricket.com/chat

If you are want to use your own IRC client then connect to server irc.cricket.org and come to #banglacricket. irc://irc.cricket.org/banglacricket

Rules
This will be interactive chat where you can ask questions to the players. The chat will be moderated, I will be moderating tomorrow's chat session. You will have to send the questions to me privately during the chat.
BCB media manager Rabeed Imam will type in the messages on players' behalf.
As the chatroom will be moderated, you will only be able to read messages. If you write anything, others will not see it (even if it appears on your window).
The chat session will run for approximately 30 mins, thus each member will be allowed a limited number questions (this depends on response and participation).
Your name will be credited when your question is passed along.
Please decide your questions beforehand (unless you want to limit your question to hi and hello; and we will not take too many of those).
Chat transcript will be posted in the forum later.We would encourage all members to come in to the chat room tomorrow and make this even successful. Show your support for team Bangladesh and congratulate them personally for a successful World Cup.

We would like thank Mr. Rabeed Imam for making this opportunity for us; and thanks to Tehsin bhai for initiating the process.

We hope this will be first of many such chat events on BanglaCricket.

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 01:52 AM
Also, I will advice the members to test out the chatroom beforehand and make sure you can connect properly. Especially those who haven't used BanglaCricket chat before, please try it beforehand and sort out if there is any connection problem. We may not be able to help you much while the chat is going on.

ammark
April 19, 2007, 02:18 AM
Right after the match essentially? not even 2 hours break? sweet, hats off to Tehsin bhai and thanks to Rabeed Imam

Luvlee_nik
April 19, 2007, 03:25 AM
NOOOOOOO!!!!! ill be at skool then :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

CricFanBD
April 19, 2007, 04:22 AM
Also, I will advice the members to test out the chatroom beforehand and make sure you can connect properly. Especially those who haven't used BanglaCricket chat before, please try it beforehand and sort out if there is any connection problem. We may not be able to help you much while the chat is going on.
I tried but it didn't work for me. Any help?

zahid
April 19, 2007, 05:13 AM
NOOOOOOO!!!!! ill be at skool then :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Even better. We don't have to hear your lame prem-alaps.

zahid
April 19, 2007, 05:15 AM
You will have to send the questions to me privately during the chat.

How do we do that? PM you, Nasif bhai?

Omio
April 19, 2007, 05:49 AM
If we can do voice chat, would be really great..

BanglaCool
April 19, 2007, 05:59 AM
If we can do voice chat, would be really great..
Yes maybe we cannot "voice" our concerns, but we can hear what our boys got to say.

Sovik
April 19, 2007, 06:32 AM
i forgot what i was supposed to ask

BANTigress
April 19, 2007, 07:51 AM
wow\!! 11 pm at night datz late!! bt i will b there still

Mahir
April 19, 2007, 08:08 AM
wow\!! 11 pm at night datz late!! bt i will b there still

thats late ? man... some people still follow that "early to bed, early to rise..." thingy! Goon on ya :)

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 08:47 AM
I tried but it didn't work for me. Any help?

Make sure have latest Java Runtime installed. http://www.sun.com/java

If it still doesn't work, download mIRC at http://www.mirc.com, install it and type in the commands:
/server irc.cricket.org
/join #banglacricket

allrounder
April 19, 2007, 08:56 AM
Members, when I proposed something like this everyone here said no, no no that idea.
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=19633

Anyway, I am excited and preparing my list of messages.

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 08:59 AM
You will have to send the questions to me privately during the chat.

How do we do that? PM you, Nasif bhai?

In the chatroom you can send private message. Just double click on my name and type your message in the opened window.

BANTigress
April 19, 2007, 09:06 AM
thats late ? man... some people still follow that "early to bed, early to rise..." thingy! Goon on ya :)
i know bt i have skool tomorrow datz why..bt don't worry i usually sleep at half 12 so doesn't matter

SMHasan
April 19, 2007, 09:54 AM
Good initiative.

ialbd
April 19, 2007, 10:00 AM
great news.... will be a success for sure..

cricket_pagol
April 19, 2007, 10:33 AM
Nasif bhai, I won't be able to join the chat... so here is my question.
Why does Mushy call sakib as "Moina"?

sadi
April 19, 2007, 12:35 PM
Someone should save the whole chat and publish it later on. So whoever misses the chat don't miss what was asked and answered during the chat.

Tigers_eye
April 19, 2007, 12:39 PM
Nafis bhai,
I already posted my 1st question in the Tehsin bhai's thread. Hope mine would be the first after the "Hi, hello" and game performance questions.

I may not be able to make it on time so just giving you heads up.
Thanks.

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 12:41 PM
Someone should save the whole chat and publish it later on. So whoever misses the chat don't miss what was asked and answered during the chat.

Read the last one under the rules :)

allrounder
April 19, 2007, 02:16 PM
You think any player will show up and face up to the fans after the same batting circus display?

akabir77
April 19, 2007, 02:20 PM
You think any player will show up and face up to the fans after the same batting circus display?

what else they would do? they have enough time on hand now...:floor:

allrounder
April 19, 2007, 05:02 PM
can we ask question towards the team or the player only?

pocha
April 19, 2007, 05:09 PM
I got this error :

Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.net.SocketException : Software caused connection abort: connect

Any help??

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 05:11 PM
I got this error :

Connecting...
Unable to connect : java.net.SocketException : Software caused connection abort: connect

Any help??

You have firewall on. Disable firewall. Or try using mIRC http://www.mirc.com

Nafi
April 19, 2007, 05:13 PM
So far the players are a no show

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 05:16 PM
So far the players are a no show

Start time is 7pm. us eastern time

allrounder
April 19, 2007, 05:24 PM
hello?? is the question be directed to the player only or the team?

ialbd
April 19, 2007, 05:38 PM
are all the questions set?

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 05:46 PM
come into the chat room

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 05:54 PM
We will start soon. Please come in.

allrounder
April 19, 2007, 06:24 PM
amar question j kano select hoilona bujhlam na :(

Aritro
April 19, 2007, 06:26 PM
<BDMM> Honestly speaking...I have browsed banglacricket.com before and I think you fans are doing a wonderful job of encouraging us and staying with us through the good times and the bad....

Did this response make anyone else feel a little bit guilty? ;)

ialbd
April 19, 2007, 06:30 PM
that was a good chat session....

well Aritro there is nothing to feel guilty about. We fans make constructive criticisms which is sth they should hear. They should know about the 'bitter' truths...

on the other hand, imagine how they have felt when they found out about this wonderful site of THEIR die hard fans, cheering every run they make, cheering every wicket they take....

Thankyou Rabeed Imam, Nafis bhai, Razzak & Mushfiq for the event...

April 19, 2007, 06:33 PM
Did anyone transcribe the chat? Any possibility to find what went on?

Aritro
that was a good chat session....

well Aritro there is nothing to feel guilty about. We fans make constructive criticisms which is sth they should hear. They should know about the 'bitter' truths...

on the other hand, imagine how they have felt when they found out about this wonderful site of THEIR die hard fans, cheering every run they make, cheering every wicket they take....

Thankyou Rabeed Imam, Nafis bhai, Razzak & Mushfiq for the event...

There's not much constructive about most of the the comments that appear on this forum after we lose. But yes, I'm sure it's gratifying for them find out how passionately follow them and we do offer great support at times.

A big thank you to all involved in that chat session. I enjoyed that.

Tehsin
Really want to know your thoughts. :)

It was shortened as players had to go to a team meeting.

allrounder
April 19, 2007, 06:36 PM
bujhlam na amar question er ki hoilo?

sadi
April 19, 2007, 06:38 PM
How was it? I missed the whole part.

allrounder
April 19, 2007, 06:40 PM
It was like some dream come true.

sadi
April 19, 2007, 06:44 PM
Mods, please post the answers the players answered.

Omio
April 19, 2007, 06:49 PM
woow, we had a great time with Razzak and Mushfique,,

Duck
April 19, 2007, 06:49 PM
Wowwwwww! You guys are so sweeeeeeet!
cant log in for chat........waiting for the whole story to savor...............

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 06:50 PM
We have 4700+ members and only 46 showed up? Thats not even 1%. We expected more.

Overall it was great short chat session. Thanks to those who have participated. We really appreciate your participation.

I will post the transcript soon.

Thanks to Razzak and Mushfiq for talking to the fans; thanks also to Rabeed Imam for arranging this event. BanglaCricket and the fans really appreciate it.

Thank you.

sadi
April 19, 2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks. Looking forward to it.

allrounder
April 19, 2007, 06:51 PM
Nasif vhai, what happened to my questions?

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 07:03 PM
Please don't take it personally if I could not select your questions. There were lot of questions; I only selected relevant ones.

If you PMed me the questions in forum then I could not forward your question; as I mentioned in my initial post that we will only take questions from live logged in members. If you didn't come in, your question was disregarded. We have to give preference to members who are logged in live.

Again, please do not take it personally if you question was not selected. Its impossible to please everyone in these type of event. Please take it sportingly.

We hope everyone thoroughly enjoyed talking to the players.

Russell2k7
April 19, 2007, 07:13 PM
erm can someone post the chat log or something?

al Furqaan
April 19, 2007, 07:22 PM
<bdmm> Honestly speaking...I have browsed banglacricket.com before and I think you fans are doing a wonderful job of encouraging us and staying with us through the good times and the bad....

Did this response make anyone else feel a little bit guilty? ;)

a little bit...lol

but our players are professionals and they know we want the best for them and the team and that is why we say silly things sometimes.

this is the way fans are...its no different than when the home team's quarterback gets booed after leading his team to back to back three-and-outs.
</bdmm>

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 07:23 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=20684

Transcript posted.

zahid
April 19, 2007, 07:45 PM
Pre-chat

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=432752#post432752

zahid
April 19, 2007, 07:51 PM
Post-Chat

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=432757#post432757

layperson
April 19, 2007, 08:02 PM
A couple of things I did not like about the chat session :

1. It was way too short and the players came late and left early. If they were so busy they should have rescheduled for some other day when they could have provided more time. As nasif bhai pointed out less than 1 % of the members were online and even then only a handful got to ask questions.

2. All the questions asked to them were safe and non controversial ones. Are we to chat after sugar coating our questions? If that is the case then I personally lose most of my interest. Is it that no one asked any probing questions so as not to push the players in a spot but I know that is not true because I did ask some questions to Nasif bhai which were not sugar coated. HOwever it is completely the moderators choice whether to put them forward or not and I respect that. Since the forum is frequented by the players and RI if the mods find this post inflammatory you can delete it.

Finally thanks to BC for at least trying to get something of this sort together. Hopefully such sessions in the future would be more dynamic and not one dimensional. I feel the whole purpose of the chat session is to be able to ask any questions we might have regardless of the criticisms attached to them. However this is my personal view and can differ from that of BC. Thank you Nasif bhai, Tehsin bhai Rabeed Inam and the players for their effort.

al Furqaan
April 19, 2007, 10:38 PM
A couple of things I did not like about the chat session :

1. It was way too short and the players came late and left early. If they were so busy they should have rescheduled for some other day when they could have provided more time. As nasif bhai pointed out less than 1 % of the members were online and even then only a handful got to ask questions.

2. All the questions asked to them were safe and non controversial ones. Are we to chat after sugar coating our questions? If that is the case then I personally lose most of my interest. Is it that no one asked any probing questions so as not to push the players in a spot but I know that is not true because I did ask some questions to Nasif bhai which were not sugar coated. HOwever it is completely the moderators choice whether to put them forward or not and I respect that. Since the forum is frequented by the players and RI if the mods find this post inflammatory you can delete it.

Finally thanks to BC for at least trying to get something of this sort together. Hopefully such sessions in the future would be more dynamic and not one dimensional. I feel the whole purpose of the chat session is to be able to ask any questions we might have regardless of the criticisms attached to them. However this is my personal view and can differ from that of BC. Thank you Nasif bhai, Tehsin bhai Rabeed Inam and the players for their effort.

my opinion (not official BC opinion):

1) point 1 is understandable...personally i would have liked to chat with the players for an hour rather than the 20 minutes we got.

but the players are professionals, and aren't some rag-tag bunch of cricketers who can dilly-dally around when they aren't playing. i doubt if bermuda players would have the time to spare a couple hours (maybe they would ;))

2) we want to attract our players/officials to the site and forum and if we come out sounding even slightly accusatory it would not only put them off, but it might actually negatively impact their performance.

they are already lampooned and lambasted by the international media, and self-styled glamour girls (mandira bedi)...so its in our interest as well as theirs to keep it moderated by the mods.

and there are always ways to phrase things in an unobtrusive manner.

3) personally, i didn't get to ask any questions, but i don't really care...it was the thought that we have an avenue of talking to our boys (however convoluted the avenue) that was quite satisfying (thanks tehsin, nasif) in and of itself.

however, i want to probe our boys' inner thoughts. sample questions i had were along the lines of "what do you think are realistic goals for the india series" etc.

with that being said, you raised very important points and i hope you find this answer sufficient.

JamesBond
April 19, 2007, 10:51 PM
damn...i missed it...I wish I came in lil bit before..

layperson
April 19, 2007, 11:03 PM
my opinion (not official BC opinion):

1) point 1 is understandable...personally i would have liked to chat with the players for an hour rather than the 20 minutes we got.

but the players are professionals, and aren't some rag-tag bunch of cricketers who can dilly-dally around when they aren't playing. i doubt if bermuda players would have the time to spare a couple hours (maybe they would ;))

2) we want to attract our players/officials to the site and forum and if we come out sounding even slightly accusatory it would not only put them off, but it might actually negatively impact their performance.

they are already lampooned and lambasted by the international media, and self-styled glamour girls (mandira bedi)...so its in our interest as well as theirs to keep it moderated by the mods.

and there are always ways to phrase things in an unobtrusive manner.

3) personally, i didn't get to ask any questions, but i don't really care...it was the thought that we have an avenue of talking to our boys (however convoluted the avenue) that was quite satisfying (thanks tehsin, nasif) in and of itself.

however, i want to probe our boys' inner thoughts. sample questions i had were along the lines of "what do you think are realistic goals for the india series" etc.

with that being said, you raised very important points and i hope you find this answer sufficient.

Thank you for reply AlFurqaan. I think we are not on the same page on the point I underlined from your post. I have no issue with the chat being moderated, in fact that is the best way to have the chat. I also did not suggest that we should put forward questions that would seem offensive(abusive) to the players. They are professionals and as such should be able to take the praises along with the criticisms or the not so easy questions that we might have. My issue was that it appeared to me that only very straightforward questions with no twist where put forward. Any questions, that might have warrranted a thoughtful reply from the players were not put forward. That is however my opinion and may differ from BC mods and admins. Once the questions are put it would be upto the individual player to answer the question. We are not holding guns at their head asking for answers. IF they feel they would not like to answer something they can avoid it diplomatically as they would in a press conference.

Kabir
April 19, 2007, 11:13 PM
Who else thinks like me that al Furqaan took professional writing help for writing his last post? :D

Tehsin
April 19, 2007, 11:14 PM
Check out the latest pictures. ;)

http://www.banglacricket.com/html/picture.php?vm=720

Kabir
April 19, 2007, 11:15 PM
Awsum. That's the proof that we weren't talking to just the computer screen!!! :D

Tehsin
April 19, 2007, 11:22 PM
This was the first attempt and we had to consider the venue and the timeframe. The turnout was less then I had expected, especially since we want to get more sessions with the guys and give them a a good account of BC.

Thank you to Rabeed Imam, Mushfiqur Rahim, Abdur Razzak, Nasif, and the fans who helped to make this possible.

Tehsin
April 19, 2007, 11:23 PM
Awsum. That's the proof that we weren't talking to just the computer screen!!! :D

I would never do that. :)

Kabir
April 19, 2007, 11:27 PM
I would never do that. :)

Bhai. I was just joking :)

Also, important that I mention it already. I really really wanted to make it to the chat, but I misread the time and thought it's 11 pm EST rather than GMT. I came here at 11 SHARP, only to figure out it's all over :(

About the video chat, that can also be archived and we can have it saved for our members to view whenever necessary. We can do that as an audio chat as well. That would be awsum actually. And what would happen then is that, we will be able to hear it from the players themselves :)

And finally, kudos to Tehsin bhai. Boss, apnere potaite hoile ki deya lagbe?

al Furqaan
April 20, 2007, 12:02 AM
Thank you for reply AlFurqaan. I think we are not on the same page on the point I underlined from your post. I have no issue with the chat being moderated, in fact that is the best way to have the chat. I also did not suggest that we should put forward questions that would seem offensive(abusive) to the players. They are professionals and as such should be able to take the praises along with the criticisms or the not so easy questions that we might have. My issue was that it appeared to me that only very straightforward questions with no twist where put forward. Any questions, that might have warrranted a thoughtful reply from the players were not put forward. That is however my opinion and may differ from BC mods and admins. Once the questions are put it would be upto the individual player to answer the question. We are not holding guns at their head asking for answers. IF they feel they would not like to answer something they can avoid it diplomatically as they would in a press conference.

no i fully understand your points and actually agree...somewhat.

i knew all along you didn't mean for us to ask aggressive questions which could be misconstrued.

perhaps next time we will be able to ask some more pointed questions.

al Furqaan
April 20, 2007, 12:03 AM
Who else thinks like me that al Furqaan took professional writing help for writing his last post? :D

nope...but i did have to consult dictionary.com 3 times

:-|

Nocturnal
April 20, 2007, 02:31 AM

Great :)

ialbd
April 20, 2007, 03:17 AM

great pictures, thanx

they look jubilant....

tanvir_nus
April 20, 2007, 03:44 AM
CONGRATS TO BANGLACRICKET.COM FOR ORGANIZING THIS FIRST ONE OF A KIND CHAT SESSION AND BRINGING THE FANS CLOSER TO THE BANGLADESHI CRICKET TEAM.

On top of that, let's look forward to the future with many many many more chat sessions with players. I really hope and pray this is just the beginning and we have this kind of sessions atleast once every tournament to ask our favourite players questions. And a special thanks to Rabeed Imam for making it possible as well as Tehsin and Nasif.

Hatebreed
April 20, 2007, 07:11 AM

Thanks. I'm glad to see they look happy.

Tigers_eye
April 20, 2007, 07:49 AM
I am going to read the chat now. Excellent job guys. This is the first. The next would be bigger and better.

BANTigress
April 20, 2007, 01:50 PM
i missed it :(...bt anyway thnks to banglacricket for organising dis chat session m sure the members had lot of fun chatin with the players......thnks BANGLACRICKET.COM..anyway m gonna read the transcript now.