PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2007 Grades

al Furqaan
April 19, 2007, 02:43 PM
this is going to be a very cursory post. hopefully, i will turn it into a front page article, depending on if i have the time to spare.

i would like as many members as possible to also give their thoughts/grades...i will incoporate that into my article, inshallah.

Batting:

Shahriar Nafees: F
Javed Omar: D+
Tamim Iqbal: D
Aftab Ahmed: D
Habibul Bashar: D-
Saqibul Hasan: C+
Mohammad Ashraful: B

still batting against Windies:
Mushfiqur Rahim: C-
Mashrafee Mortaza: B
Mohammad Rafique: C

Bowling:

Syed Rasel: A
Abdur Razzak: A-
Saqibul Hasan: B
Mohammad Rafique: B+
Shahadat Hossain: C+
Aftab Ahmed: C

Captaincy:

Habibul Bashar: D+

Selection: B+

Ahmed_B
April 19, 2007, 02:55 PM
I dont think you will be able to grade Mashrafee anything less than 'A' after this WI match is finished. Because he will be the best BD batsman in the match! :)

Baundule
April 19, 2007, 03:07 PM
I dont think you will be able to grade Mashrafee anything less than 'A' after this WI match is finished. Because he will be the best BD batsman in the match! :)

I dont care, unless he is winning the match for us. Scoring a 50 and then throwing away his wicket can not buy me.

Nafi
April 19, 2007, 03:20 PM
Batting:

Javed Omar: B-
Tamim Iqbal: C-
Aftab Ahmed: C-
Habibul Bashar: D
Mohammad Ashraful: B+

Bowling:

Mashrafee Mortaza: A-
Shahadat Hossain: C

sadi
April 19, 2007, 03:29 PM
I just think you should wait till the game is over eventhough we are losing bad.

Tigers_eye
April 19, 2007, 03:42 PM
Batting:

Shahriar Nafees: F (VC: should lead by example. Less talk more on batting.)
Javed Omar: c+ (Did more than what was expected of him with the limited practice he got)
Tamim Iqbal: B- (The runs he scored against India the way he scored, The plan management had for him, he didn't dissapoint. Expecting more would have been childish)
Aftab Ahmed: D- (was suppose to be the super star of this WC. He got his opportunities but failed miserably. He is a generous person and gives his wickets generously)
Habibul Bashar: F
Saqibul Hasan: b+ (Check out the average. Very close to what he had against the minnows. Did his job more than what I expected of him)
Mohammad Ashraful: b+ (surprized me. Expected the very least out of him he delivered. When again the expectation was high he couldn't deliver. However, he is the main reason for BD to be in the 7th place in this WC)

Mushfiqur Rahim: b+ (he showed what he brings with the bat. he is my MVP of this tournament. he got cheated in two occations with the two best balls of the tournament)
Mashrafee Mortaza: A (gave his heart out, even when opponents were slicing it in to pieces. If we had one more like him we would be beating teams in Test as well)
Mohammad Rafique: C (Expected a little more fire works from him. O well that is not his primary job)

Bowling:

Mashrafee Mortaza: B (The best we have)
Syed Rasel: A (What can I say, silent assasin slapping all the nay sayer right and left)
Abdur Razzak: A- (I guess now people would give him some credit instead of saying he beat up minnows, unless they think India, SA, England, WI are minnows)
Saqibul Hasan: B (This boy is just a gem. We are lucky to have his service. Thank you)
Mohammad Rafique: B+ (The willy veteran is a World class. Hats of to you, sir)
Shahadat Hossain: C+ (Showed enough promise so that i can lean my hat no him. At times bowling to many on the leg side of the batsmen and got punished. he will learn)
Taposh: F (Selectors can't gamble on everyone and win. He is not international standard)
Aftab: C+ (Got a wicket today. Very little exposure and hard to grade)

Fielding:
game by game basis they would get an A on 3 games. two would get a b-. 2 Cs. 2Fs.
Averaging c+.

allrounder
April 19, 2007, 04:06 PM
Batting:

Habibul Bashar: D
Saqibul Hasan: B+
Mushfiqur Rahim: B+
Mashrafee Mortaza: A
Mohammad Rafique: D
Syed Rasel: not a batsman
Razzak: not a batsman

Bowling:

Abdur Razzak: B+
Saqibul Hasan: B-
Mohammad Rafique: B
Shahadat Hossain: B-
Aftab: C

Protic
April 19, 2007, 04:07 PM
Mushy became the best batsman in this match :p
Mushy and Rasel earned their places..from this world cup..definately.

Mahir
April 19, 2007, 04:14 PM
Agree with Tiger's_eye word for word. Quite accurately analyzed. :up:

cricket_dorshok
April 19, 2007, 04:19 PM
Batting:

Shahriar Nafees: F (VC: should lead by example. Less talk more on batting.)
Javed Omar: c+ (Did more than what was expected of him with the limited practice he got)
Tamim Iqbal: B- (The runs he scored against India the way he scored, The plan management had for him, he didn't dissapoint. Expecting more would have been childish)
Aftab Ahmed: D- (was suppose to be the super star of this WC. He got his opportunities but failed miserably. He is a generous person and gives his wickets generously)
Saqibul Hasan: b+ (Check out the average. Very close to what he had against the minnows. Did his job more than what I expected of him)
Mohammad Ashraful: b+ (surprized me. Expected the very least out of him he delivered. When again the expectation was high he couldn't deliver. However, he is the main reason for BD to be in the 7th place in this WC)

Mushfiqur Rahim: b+ (he showed what he brings with the bat. he is my MVP of this tournament. he got cheated in two occations with the two best balls of the tournament)
Mashrafee Mortaza: A (gave his heart out, even when opponents were slicing it in to pieces. If we had one more like him we would be beating teams in Test as well)
Mohammad Rafique: C (Expected a little more fire works from him. O well that is not his primary job)

Bowling:

Mashrafee Mortaza: B (The best we have)
Syed Rasel: A (What can I say, silent assasin slapping all the nay sayer right and left)
Abdur Razzak: A- (I guess now people would give him some credit instead of saying he beat up minnows, unless they think India, SA, England, WI are minnows)
Saqibul Hasan: B (This boy is just a gem. We are lucky to have his service. Thank you)
Mohammad Rafique: B+ (The willy veteran is a World class. Hats of to you, sir)
Shahadat Hossain: C+ (Showed enough promise so that i can lean my hat no him. At times bowling to many on the leg side of the batsmen and got punished. he will learn)
Taposh: F (Selectors can't gamble on everyone and win. He is not international standard)
Aftab: C+ (Got a wicket today. Very little exposure and hard to grade)

Fielding:
game by game basis they would get an A on 3 games. two would get a b-. 2 Cs. 2Fs.
Averaging c+.

agree with T_E. but bagh bhai, amader Sir Habibul Bashar somporke 2/4 ta kotha likhen. opps, sorry, tate abar Sir ke osonman kora hobe!!

Hatebreed
April 19, 2007, 04:21 PM
Batting:

Javed Omar: F
Tamim Iqbal: C
Mushfiqur Rahim: C
Mashrafee Mortaza: C

Bowling:

Abdur Razzak: A
Mohammad Rafique: B
Shahadat Hossain: D

Fielding:

Mohammad Ashraful B+ (good work in the deep)
Aftab Ahmed: B (overall good fielding)
Tamim Iqbal A (great fielding in the inner circle, also saved several boundaries)
Bashar F (field setting too defensive, even when we were in a dominating position)

allrounder
April 19, 2007, 04:24 PM
Hatebreed, what did Mushfiq do to deserve C and Javed F?

Fazal
April 19, 2007, 04:37 PM
Are we grading the whole wc2007?

Then where is Sakib's name in fielding? He should get a A+ for fielding. He was instrumental in quite a few runnouts (including the one toaday that was not given), couple of C&b outs of which the one against SA was excellent. Plus he is very agile and good run stopper while fielding.

al Furqaan
April 19, 2007, 04:40 PM
yes this is for whole WC07

Russell2k7
April 19, 2007, 04:42 PM
Javed Omar: F+
Tamim Iqbal: C+
Aftab Ahmed: D-
Habibul Bashar: F+
Mushfiqur Rahim: C+

Bowling
Mashrafee Mortaza: A-
Syed Rasel: A-
Shahadat Hossain: NA

pocha
April 19, 2007, 04:45 PM
Batting:

Mushfiqur Rahim: C
Mashrafee Mortaza: C

Unless you hate him, you cant give a F to JO..poor felow did pretty well in the limited oppurtunities he got..

pocha
April 19, 2007, 04:50 PM
Batting:

Tamim Iqbal: B
Habibul Bashar: D-
Saqibul Hasan: B+
Mushfiqur Rahim: C+
Mashrafee Mortaza: C+

Bowling

Abdur Razzak: B+
Shahadat Hossain: C+

Fazal
April 19, 2007, 05:17 PM
I don't feel like grading the players like A, B, Cs etc. But here is my feeling about the players:

1) Gullu: I have a better feeling about Gullu than the start of WC. However that doesn't change my mind that we need to find a better replacement/stand-by opener in future. Gullu is not the solution.
2. SN: Really disappointed me 100%. What else Can I say.

3. Tamim: Mixed Feeling. He showed his potential. I blame 100% to selectors for Tamim's failures which is due to his immaturity and lack of experience than anything else. IF Selector had Tamim in mind, they should have exposed him to the national team few months earlier. Long term, I have still have high hopes about Tamim.

4. Sakib: Exceeded my expectation with Bat, Ball and Fielding.

5. Bashar: Disappointed. I was hoping more than bashar. I think he needs to think twice about retiring from ODI if he wants to keep his legacy clean. Age is catching up... his fielding was also lousy.

6. Ash: I was hoping nothing from him. In that aspect he exceeded my expectation. But also proved that he is (as usual) very unreliable batsman. His maturely is still in doubt.

7. Rahim: Actually when he was given chance to the national team, he was kind of out-of-form as a batsman. Plus he is a young player, still learning. In that aspect he kind of passed my expectation. In two games (IND & WE) he showed his maturity. Wicket keeping wise he was ok.

8. Masharfee: Mashrafee met my expectation as a bowler and exceeded my expectation as a batsman. He is a class player.

9. Rafique: Rafique was good with the bowling, but failed as a batsman. I had high hope about his batting, but haven't seen any in the WC2007. I think he is another player, whose diminishing performance has something to do with his advanced age.

10. Rasel: Rasel exceeded my expectation with his bowling. He proved his worth and shut the nay-sayers with his performance.

11. Razzak: He exceeded my expectation with his bowling but kind of disappointed me with his batting. I was hoping a little bit more from his bat.

12. Shahadat: He basically disappointed me. I think his performance against Ireland proved why he was not included in previous games. Looks like he went backward. But he is young and talented. Let’s see how he come back.

13. Taposh: Played little. Nothing much to say.

14. Rajin: Didn't played and I was not surprised.

15. Farhad: Didn't played and I am really disappointed at the team selectors (Dav, Bashar, etc). I thought he is much better batsman than the batsman they selected in the team.

16. Afatb: Totally disappointed. Instead of following Sakib, he is following Ash the old. When he plays, he plays with so much confidence but he fail to realize that he needs to build his innings first before trying to hit every ball without judging the merit of the ball.

Overall I think all the new players proved their inclusion in the team. They proved that they can fight against the best and can win. Its the older players (Bashar, Gullu, Rafiq) and experienced players (Ash, Aftab) who either failed miserably or played inconsistent game. So I hope we all learn from this: and that is our young players are more then ready then we give credit to them. Its time to bring few more need faces in our ODI team and get rid of few “under performing”/”out of form” old/experienced players. [SN and Shahadat, both are are in-between (new and experienced) and kind of failed.]

BanCricFan
April 19, 2007, 05:28 PM
[quote=al Furqaan;432421]this is going to be a very cursory post. hopefully, i will turn it into a front page article, depending on if i have the time to spare.

i would like as many members as possible to also give their thoughts/grades...i will incoporate that into my article, inshallah.

Batting:

Javed Omar: D+
Habibul Bashar: D-:o
Saqibul Hasan: C+

Try... F-! Even then it will be too kind!

Hatebreed
April 19, 2007, 06:57 PM
Unless you hate him, you cant give a F to JO..poor felow did pretty well in the limited oppurtunities he got..

I don't hate him, in fact I supported his inclusion in today's match. He's done better than SN, but it's not good enough. Grading isn't very accurate for rating players. If I was to give him a mark out of 100, I would give him 25, whereas I'd give SN < 10.

knightrider357
April 19, 2007, 07:44 PM
Agree with Tiger's_eye word for word. Quite accurately analyzed. :up:

yea... agree with Tiger's_eye....
is there anything below F.... i would like to give that to Bashar & Nafees... :sick:

But overall we found some real new talents in this world cup...:)

sakib... dont need to say anything... he has done an amazing job as an allrounder..

Mushfiq... guys, no more pilot... Mushfiq can deliver a lot for us in future... just bear u'r trust with this guy... the way he cheers up everyone in the field is amazing... i hope he learns a little bit english and starts sledging like Sangakkara ... that would create more pressure on the opposite sides batsmen... very bright prospect... and possibly a future candidate for captaincy... he knows wats happening in the field more than Bashar... and has brought so many fielding changes during the games on his own....

Tamim - needs consistency and guidance.... can do wonders for Bdesh cricket....though, he has to learn how to play on bouncy pitches.... and play with a cool head...

About the others...
Ashraful - once again proved he is the best batsman of our team... but no consistency... no temperment....

Aftab, Nafees - both out of form.... we need them in our team.... so its difficult to drop them... how long can we hold our patience????....

Bashar - drop him, no other alternative.... we need a new captain asap... even before India tour...

i think all the bowlers did a great job... to the best of their ability... no need more variety in spin attack... and a good fast bowler who can support Mashrafe during death overs....

Fielding - overall awesome... (except ireland game).... we are definitely better than india and pakistan..... but we have to strive for excellence and be as good as srilanka or south africa...

:flag:

goru
April 19, 2007, 08:19 PM
Batting:

Aftab Ahmed: B-
Mushfiqur Rahim: B-