PDA

View Full Version : Well done Bangladesh, We are proud of you

WarWolf
April 19, 2007, 04:27 PM
Bangladesh have done well in this world cup. Although we haven't been consistent with performance but still the world cup has been a good one for us. This is the start of a good promising future. Most of the players are too young and they lack experience and maturity. Also in the last 3 matches, fast and bouncy wicket was a big factor as our players are not totally used to these conditions. But still the performance is reasonably good.

These are the finding of this world cup.

1. Razzak established himself as a good economy and attacking SLA. He has been doing well for last couple of months. But most of his games were against minnows like Kenya or Zimbabwe. In this world cup, he has shown that he is a top performer against big teams also.

2. Saqib has been a revolution for Bangladesh. This young alrounder has a wonderful world cup with bat, ball and fielding. He scored 202 runs averaging 28.85 while taken 7 wickets with economy rate under 5.

3. Tamim Iqbal. Some may argue that he has been inconsistent. I would request them to remember that this was his first big tournament. He became the 3rd highest total scorer for BD in this tournament. He also pushed India back with his stunning attacking innings. This is just the start for this 18 years old boy and I am sure he will go a long way.

4. Our bowling department has been impressive throughout the cup. We had only 5 regular bowler in this tournament and they have managed to perform well.

5. Ashraful became a bit consistent scoring most runs for a BD player in any world cup. He scored 216 averaging 36.

6. Mushfiq Rahim is another good find of this world cup. He got regular in the team for the first time in wc and created good impression. He is a busy player with bat, wicket keeping, helping the captain and keeping the team cheered up. Though he has to work hard to improve his wicket keeping, but for sure he will go a long way.

7. Syed Rasel has been another impressive one. Having lack of pace he knows how to be economic and still to take wicket.

8. BD team started to believe on themselves and this is the final and most important outcome of this worldcup.

ialbd
April 19, 2007, 04:46 PM
well compiled warwolf, nothing to disagree to.... only if Bd knew how to learn from the past mistakes this side would hav been.....

RazabQ
April 19, 2007, 04:50 PM
Yup - with the present leadership - this is the more than BD fans could have hoped for and I thank you guys for it. Go home - rest for a couple of weeks and then get set for whatsitsname cricket team's visit to the Tiger's den :)

BANTigress
April 19, 2007, 04:55 PM
yes for sure...we r very prud of u tigers!!!!!!!!

RezOne
April 19, 2007, 05:16 PM
Newbie here. I visit this board frequently but don't post a lot. Anyway, I'm proud of our boys and what they have accomplished this WC. Coming into the WC I didn't really expect them to beat India and much less S.Africa. But there is evidence of solid growth and improvement. Our guys are so young that it will take anothe 3 or 4 years for some of them to reach their potential and even then they'll be like 22 or 23 years old. Problems persist obviously, and the biggest problem holding this team back is batting. Our guys have to learn how to deal with bouncy and fast pitches. I haven't been to B'desh in 10 years so I don't know exactly what kind of pitches our players are playing on but suffice it to say it has very little pace or bounce. We MUST develop some pitches that have pace and bounce so that the national team can play and practice on. The other alternative would be to send some of our guys to Australia or S.Africa to train or play in these types of pitches and just get accustomed to them. At least be able to stand on wicket and not look like a fish out of water. Also, batting strategy should be extensively taught. Our guys look like they have no idea what to do or how to approach an innings with the bat. A few games being the exception but not the norm by any means. Guys like Tamim Iqbal have to develop their fundamentals so they don't rely on 2 or 3 shots all the time. I think Tamim needs a labotomy! Dude has no footwork or anything...Just playing andha gundha shots. Anyway, top and middle order batting has to become much stronger, much more disciplined, and much more adept at handling different situations. Bowling wise I think we're not far from being really good. Mashrafe, Sayed Rasel, Razzak, Sakib, Shahadat are all good prospects and they should only continue to improve with more playing time. Also, I'd like to see Bangladesh develop more pacers. I don't want us to become the next India who only produce good spinners. Lastly, I think our guys have a good positive and aggressive attitude. That kind of attitude should be nurtured and fostered by the BCB. To survive and thrive at this level we must have competitive players who won't lay down and give up. I think our captain Bashar has been a good solid captain but he had a horrible WC. His attitude is something we don't need anymore. It's time to move on without him. So, that's all for now. Go Bangladesh! 2011Baby!!!

AsifTheManRahman
April 19, 2007, 05:38 PM
Our players have done a good job. This has been a pretty decent outing for us and I hope they will now go home and enjoy their break before they prepare for the next series. They've been playing continuously for the last couple of months and they deserve a vacation.

shane2k
April 19, 2007, 06:11 PM
Upto this point this is the best ever tour BD had.

I hope the upcoming ones make this look like pea.

BD Tigers
April 19, 2007, 06:42 PM
Great WC. My $200 poisha ushul. Thank you very much for that. Insha Allah they will become more consistent and give us more wonderful times.

Duck
April 19, 2007, 07:03 PM
Wonderful campaign. Players worked really really hard and their efforts paid off....
Bucket full of congratulations!
Keep the standard high.
You can do it!

gatekeeper
April 19, 2007, 11:42 PM
Can't describe how proud I am of the boys. You guys are............well words fail me again.

james007
April 19, 2007, 11:56 PM
yes kicking india was best

WarWolf
April 20, 2007, 05:01 AM
We are proud. Although a bit frustated also because of lack of consistency. But still the tour was wonderful. We must give this young guns atleast 2 years time. We will start WC 2011 as one of the favorites.

BangladeshCricket
April 20, 2007, 08:48 AM
I am proud overall, but not proud of our irresponsible batting.

Nasif
April 20, 2007, 09:49 AM
Tigers have come to WC to go to Super-8 and they were successful. Not only that they won a match there as well. They have exceeded our expectations in every aspect. Sure there were some failures, but thats all part of the game.

Congratulations to the Tigers and all the officials.

Tigers, we are proud of you.

rosy
April 21, 2007, 03:20 AM
I am delighted.Inshallah Bangladesh will win worldcup someday.But I think the time has come to replace tall players that they will be able to play short-pitch and bounce ball!!!

Protic
April 21, 2007, 04:31 AM
WE ARE VERY PROUD OF EM!!!
:] *erases the ireland memory*