PDA

View Full Version : Failure!!

israr
April 19, 2007, 04:43 PM
Bashar and Rafique should retire! They've reached their prime.

Bangladesh haven't learnt anything!
People might be reluctant to confess to what I am saying, but you'll observe that our batsmen are the only unique ones in the world, which gift away their wickets. Even Ireland make their oppositions earn their wickets. Yes, these Irish batsmen might be out due to poor batting technique, but they never try to play any needless shots.
I am an eternal optimist, but after watching this calibre of performance of our team, there's a tsunami waging inside me.
Please don't hide your frustrations. I know you guys feel the same like me.

To sum it up in the end, people have been commenting on the degrading West Indies, but today's match from the very first ball showed the difference between us and the team just ranked above us, which goes on to prove our failure of learning!!

Sovik
April 19, 2007, 04:46 PM
since we beat south africa, our players didn't have attitude to play better cricket. barbados just didn't suite us.

ialbd
April 19, 2007, 04:49 PM
wont blame our batsmen at all for the barbados pitch. It was kind of unfair to ask for a victory against WI in this pitch (a pitch where we hav no clue in batting). But if we learn from these mistakes I'll be the happiest Bangladeshi.....

happentrac
April 19, 2007, 09:28 PM
I am just as frustrated as you are, my friend. I was hoping that the Tigers will, at the least, give a good fight against England and West Indies. I also knew Ireland would give them trouble and if they under estimate the Irish then they will lose. Well, part that I was hoping to be wrong, I was right. Part that I was hoping to be right, I was wrong.

But I have to keep things in perspective. They had six more games that no one expected them to play (perhaps including BD team). Everything was bonus for me in super 8. SA win was a double bonus. I just hope the team will learn from this tour. They are so young and have so much potential.

happentrac
April 19, 2007, 09:31 PM
wont blame our batsmen at all for the barbados pitch. It was kind of unfair to ask for a victory against WI in this pitch (a pitch where we hav no clue in batting). But if we learn from these mistakes I'll be the happiest Bangladeshi.....

What I don't understand is why don't they replicate this type of pitch for pratice. This type of bouncy pitch is an obvious disadvantage for us and advantage for them.

My indian buddies say that the same problem is true for India as well. They also don't create any such pitches for pratice. This does not make sense to me.

mshareef1
April 19, 2007, 09:48 PM
listen guys World Cup 2007 was A HUGE SUCCESS because we did the things that the team what the country wanted to ACHIEVE

1. Beat INDIA
2. REACH THE SUPER 8's
3. ADDED BONUS BEAT SOUTH AFRICA

True we had many major blows in the Super 8 because it was expected and also that unfortunate defeat against IRELAND. for everybody doubting our team Pls DON'T. Try to understand our team is a learning and young team also in the game of cricket there are wins and defeats. I am happy to say no one from now on will ever think of rolling over us because if they try we will always remind them of past casualties who thought we are not up to international standard

sadi
April 19, 2007, 09:52 PM
It is quite hard to prepare such bouncy pitches in the subcontinent. Our climates don't allow that.

Pundit
April 19, 2007, 10:03 PM
We also beat NZ, right?

There was a time when the Doctor for the visiting Umar Quereshi XI even took 2-10 against us.

Kabir
April 19, 2007, 10:20 PM
We also beat NZ, right?

There was a time when the Doctor for the visiting Umar Quereshi XI even took 2-10 against us.

Are you serious? I'm glad those days are over. :D

pocha
April 19, 2007, 10:43 PM
Israr I agree with you. We played great cricket one day and the next day we play the worst cricket possible on a cricket field. Yes we deserved to finish 7th in the world cup but unless we learn from our mistakes in this world cup, we wont make any progress. I was sad to see the same mistakes the players were repeating match after match.

Kabir
April 19, 2007, 11:09 PM
BTW...

Failure - is the pillar of success!

CricFanBD
April 19, 2007, 11:17 PM

I agree with you. If Bashar will not retire from ODI, it will be very bad for BD cricket. Bashar has nothing to offer now...even Mashrafee and Razzak are better batsman than Bashar. Rafique also needs to retire from ODI. We don't need 3 SLR in a team..instead of it we need an all rounder who can bowl medium pace like Farhad..if Farhad is not suitable for us...we need to take "All-rounder Hunt Competetion" immediately...we need a good all rounder as early as possible.

gatekeeper
April 19, 2007, 11:31 PM
This is a fantastic team, a captain's dream. A bunch of talented youngsters craving direction. Unfortunately we lacked a capable captain. Two or three more years and a bit more experience you'll see where these guys go.

The other factor is that these are boys barely past their teenage years (some not even that) and they've been away from home for more than two months, and that played a mojor part during the later half of the tourney.

Thank you boys, for a memorable tournament.

Baundule
April 20, 2007, 01:21 AM
listen guys World Cup 2007 was A HUGE SUCCESS because we did the things that the team what the country wanted to ACHIEVE

1. Beat INDIA
2. REACH THE SUPER 8's
3. ADDED BONUS BEAT SOUTH AFRICA

1. Was well done. Led by the bowlers and excellent fielders, batsmen just stayed sensibly.
2. Thanks to Sri Lanka (for winning against India) and Bermuda (for losing against us). Against Sri Lanka we played awfully and we let us out if NRR was coming in to calculation, Bermuda missed too many, batted completely unprofessionally, given away too many extras.
3. Just lucky in the batting. Ashraful, with that shot could be out 10 times. Bowlers did their job as usual. And Sir HaBa failed to let our bowlers down.

That sums up the great success.:-D

GuruTM
April 20, 2007, 02:12 AM
BTW...

Failure - is the pillar of success!

Actually trying is the first step to failure. If you don't try, you won't fail. So stop trying...........:)

Hatebreed
April 20, 2007, 07:23 AM
I don't think Rafique is done yet, he's still performing satisfactorily. Bashar to the contrary has been absolutely disappointing. For all his experience, he's way past the "learning curve". He should be dropped from the one-day team.

allrounder
April 20, 2007, 09:19 AM
Rafique has not performed with the bat for ages. We need an allrounder like Flintoff for ODIs.

Mahmood
April 20, 2007, 09:28 AM

Bangladesh haven't learnt anything!
People might be reluctant to confess to what I am saying, but you'll observe that our batsmen are the only unique ones in the world, which gift away their wickets. Even Ireland make their oppositions earn their wickets. Yes, these Irish batsmen might be out due to poor batting technique, but they never try to play any needless shots.
I am an eternal optimist, but after watching this calibre of performance of our team, there's a tsunami waging inside me.
Please don't hide your frustrations. I know you guys feel the same like me.

To sum it up in the end, people have been commenting on the degrading West Indies, but today's match from the very first ball showed the difference between us and the team just ranked above us, which goes on to prove our failure of learning!!

Speak for yourself dude!

Give the same match same team in the Antiga pitch and we will show you how to beat West Indies. You cant blame Bangladesh team for the blow up in Barbadose, BCB should have made such wickets so they could practice.

Rafiq is still great just for his bowling. Untill you have an equal replacement bowler, dont push it. However, I feel, he is nearing his retirement age.

Bashar, was never an ODI player, in tests, he is still our most dependable batsman. Untill he proves otherwise, no point talking about his retirement.