PDA

View Full Version : World Cup 2007: Tiger's Performance

sensible
April 19, 2007, 04:56 PM
So now our World Cup tour is over. I think it's time to reflect on what we have achieved or lost during last month or so.

I think overall, we achieved a great deal. We have two great wins, a great fight against England. Even though we have some disappointing losses, I'm happy with our achievement.

However, we have identified some areas to work on. First, batting, especially on fast, bouncy pitches. Second, game planning. We lacked vision in the games that we have lost. Not all of them were impossible to win. At least we should have put up a good fight. Third, we need variation in bowling. A third seamer, may be another type of spin....something that is not so predictable.

The best find this world cup is Sakib. We have a great batsman growing up in this guy. He should be carefully nurtured.

The worst is the batting from our captain and vice-captain. Both are out of form for a long time. We need both of them. Also, we expect more maturity from our star batsman like Ash and Aftab. They lack the ability to play longer innings in ODI form on most days.

shane2k
April 19, 2007, 06:14 PM
to the point bro to the point....

Duck
April 19, 2007, 06:58 PM
Well done BD boys.............you have achieved so much...............wow!

On the other side:
Great findings from the world cup is "Superstition".
Many of the players have the "Gut Feelings" in the morning of the game "win or lose" and later in the day they stick to their feelings.........at this level of professional cricket, this is unfortunate.............