PDA

View Full Version : WC Fielding & Bowling :: Hurrah

shane2k
April 19, 2007, 06:04 PM
In this WCC'07 we have proved over and over again consistently except for the game against Irelenad that our fielding and bowling is something to be proud off. Even when we do not have enough to defend, this side of the team did not get to the field in a losing tone rather to fight.

Having said that, Wzaap with our batting, so much potential and BOOM we fall, we not only fall, we fall in unity, in a chain reaction. Even the game we won the falling tendency and mood was the same but Thank Allah one stood and gave a fight.

In all the games we got most consistent runs from people we do not rely on, our bowlers and low orders.

I think this is something we need look very hard.

Everytime, we nurture bowling batting goes astray, look into batting and the bowling goes astray..... better draw up a plan to be in the middle.

The outcome of this tournament is undoubtedly remarkeable and I am very proud of it. I know our team has not reached that level of maturity in terms of consistence therefore I have that patience to wait and see they grow. In the last 3 years they have grown a lot and hope they will grow more.

About time, we need some fresh air and some fresh mind.

Cheers. :fanflag:

knightrider357
April 19, 2007, 07:13 PM
i agree with u about fielding... we are definitely better than india and pakistan... when it comes to fielding (except the ireland game)...

but bowling.... nowhere there... we need 1 really good fast bowler.... who can support mashrafi during the death overs... also our spin does not have that much variety... i know all 3 SLAs bowl diff.... but still it appears... we need some kind of variety.....

batting... hahaha... no comments....opener nai???... middle order not reliable... khubi baaje obostha....

& most importantly... we need a new captain... definitely... its time for Bashar to retire from ODI...

allrounder
April 19, 2007, 07:15 PM
you also forgot to add the srilanka game as an exception. really horrible show on the field that day also.

Russell2k7
April 19, 2007, 08:00 PM
Our batting got zapped.

akabir77
April 19, 2007, 08:15 PM
we can't bat on fast bouncy pitches. we need to learn that quickly. in the mean time all home games with other countries should be on pitch like the one in granda.

Buddhika
April 21, 2007, 01:02 AM
bangla batting was not really good, although i must admit that your bowling and fielding were top class.

get a attack like sri lanka guys, i dont' think 2 seamers gonna work out well.

vaas
maharoof/fernando
malinga
murali
jayasuriya
dilshan
arnold

ex: kulasekara (he never gets a chance) lol

gatekeeper
April 21, 2007, 01:20 AM
bangla batting was not really good, although i must admit that your bowling and fielding were top class.

vaas
maharoof/fernando
malinga
murali
jayasuriya
dilshan
arnold

I would agree to a third seamer (preferably an allrounder) but would keep the three SALs intact. Top quality ODI bowlers.

You don't just FIND a Murali. They come once every 100 years.

Aritro
April 21, 2007, 07:04 AM
The left arm spinners are our main weapon, and we should certainly keep the three man attack intact for most matches. But there should be at least some consideration given to the pitch. Now that Rasel has shown himself to be an effective bowler against top opposition, we'd have done well to have selected Shahadat against the West Indies as a third seamer.

I also agree that we could use some variety in our spin attack. There will be matches when Sakib gets smashed around, especially on firmer surfaces. That's why I think the vacant middle order spot opened up by Bashar (hopefully) should be filled by Alok. I think it'd be nice to be able to throw him the ball and see if he can get something better out of the pitch. His domestic batting stats in one dayers have been excellent too.

ZunaidH
April 21, 2007, 10:24 AM

vaas
maharoof/fernando
malinga
murali
jayasuriya
dilshan
arnold

"Buddhi kharap na..." Translation: Not a bad idea. Only problem is that these bowlers are not available in the neighbourhood suprmarket.

mhj007
April 21, 2007, 10:55 AM
our batting is clearly our weakness.
Junior

Buddhika
April 22, 2007, 10:29 AM
"Buddhi kharap na..." Translation: Not a bad idea. Only problem is that these bowlers are not available in the neighbourhood suprmarket.

oh i'm sure there are better bowlers than these in bangladesh, you just gotta find them and help them improve

murali didn't turn out to be a world class bowler just as he was born. it took practice didn't it?

Hatebreed
April 22, 2007, 11:27 AM

Have you tried Wal-Mart? also check eBay, they should have almost anything... Meanwhile I'll look at Tesco.

Baundule
April 22, 2007, 12:01 PM
Our bowling was usually very good, if not superb, throughout the tournament. Even HB (not Hatebreed) failed to let them completely down.

Fielding very much depends on the field placements. Overall, they have the ability of high class fielding; but at times, we saw some sloppy stuff as well.

Batting could be the strongest aspect of the team. But with deep sadness, we witnessed throughout the tournament that they forgot to blend commonsense with talent.

Hatebreed
April 22, 2007, 12:16 PM
I think Bashar let the bowlers down in terms of field setting. Mashrafe was clearly annoyed by his own fielding position and also when he was bowling.

One World
April 22, 2007, 12:34 PM
Ashraful : Needs to continue with his natural game. If there is a partner who is not really communicating (like HB in Irish debacle) he should change into a defensive mould and concentrate on his shot selection. That will help him prosper as I think he badly needs to raise up his ODI average.
Aftab: He is a superb hitter of the ball. The only thing is he gets carried away to often. Variation and bowling changes always make him give away his wicket. Even drinks breaks. As he has talent now perseverence is the key for him to savour pride.
Tamim: Good hitter of the shiny new ball. All he has to understand is new ball bounces so hip high balls needs to be clipped away for ones only. Also it is not a good idea to step away from the crease against a pace bowler.

The bowlers are awesome. I cannot see any flaw in them. The only thing is they need to communicate more with the captain if they think there should be a change in the field placing. For that offcourse an understanding captain should be given the charge.