PDA

View Full Version : BanglaCricket Chat with Razzak & Mushfiq

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 07:19 PM

[CENTER]
Razzak & Mushfiq with Rabeed Imam on BanglaCricket Chat.

Following the complete chat transcript of BanglaCricket chat with Razzak & Mushfiq, on April 19, 2007.

Again, we would like to thank Abdur Razzak and Mushfiqur Rahim for joining BanglaCricket fans in live chat. Thanks goes out to Rabeed Imam for making this happen. Thanks to our very own Tehsin bhai for initiating the process.

We hope everyone enjoyed it.

Congratulations to Tigers for a great World Cup 2007.

BDMM is Rabeed Imam typing on behalf of Mushfiq and Razzak

[18:56] <Nasif> Hello everyone, welcome to BanglaCricket chat with BD WC players
[18:56] <Nasif> We would like to welcome Rabeed Imam (BDMM)
[18:57] <Nasif> He is here with Razzak, Mushfiq will join us soon.
[18:58] <BDMM> questions please
[18:58] <Nasif> <goru> asks Razzak: do you wish you had more experience on bouncy tracks? should BD have more bouncy pitches?
[18:59] <BDMM> yes...ofcorse
[18:59] <Nasif> <bdcricmad> message to razzak: is lalla your real nick name?
[18:59] <BDMM> no....mates call me by that name
[18:59] <Nasif> <TheWatcher> Question to Razzak- who do you see as the most promising SLA after you, from BD ?
[19:00] <Nasif> We will go to next question
[19:01] <BDMM> There are some others...Enamul Haque (jr.) is obviously one......and there are others also
[19:01] <Nasif> <Aritro> to razzak: how would you rate your own improvement during the past twelve months? do you think with your variations and changes of pace, you can make an impact in test cricket?
[19:02] <BDMM> I think so...there is more variation in my bowling now I feel...and the accuracy is there also
[19:02] <Nasif> <ialbd> To Razzak & Mushfiq: do you guys train or prepare for a game watching old match videos?
[19:03] <BDMM> yes...we do
[19:03] <Nasif> <samjad> To All Players: thanks to bangladesh team from me for their excellent performance. and tell them we understand the barbadose pitch where great players also struggle.. we are proud of them
[19:04] <BDMM> we apprecite it.....thank you for your understanding
[19:05] <Nasif> <Hatebreed> To Razzak: First of all, congratulations on your efforts. My question is, where or what do you think Bangladesh is lacking in terms of consistency at winning games? Is it experience, mentality, exposure to certain pitches? What do you think, and what should be done?
[19:07] <BDMM> I think we are more consistent than before...but we need to play more on quick and bouncy tracks and we need to improve on playing according to match situations and conditions
[19:07] <Nasif> <goru> for Mushfiq: we noticed that you were often standing way too in front of slips in Ireland game? Was this intentional or a mistake? Ball was falling short of slips so many times...
[19:08] <BDMM> This is a normal thing .....the keeper usually stands ahead of the first slip....and there was bounce in the wicket
[19:09] <Nasif> <Electrequiem> Who invented that celebratory dance you guys do after gettin a wicket?
[19:09] <BDMM> Ash....ha ha ha
[19:09] <BDMM> we call it the Zizou dance
[19:09] <Nasif> <TheWatcher> Question to Mushfiq - Do you think you can open batting for the ODI team ?
[19:10] <BDMM> If the team want I am prepared to bat anywhere
[19:10] <Nasif> <habfreak> To Mushfiq: Given the big age difference with some of the senior players, how is your relationship with them OFF THE FIELD?
[19:10] <BDMM> we are one big happy family
[19:11] <Nasif> <Aritro> to mushfiq: at various stages, we could hear you making your own field changes and your voice and encouragement is a constant fixture. would you describe yourself as a natural leader and someone whod like to be captain in future?
[19:12] <BDMM> It's too early to make a comment on this....at the moment I just want to play for Bangladesh and enjoy the cricket
[19:13] <Nasif> <ialbd> for Mushfiq, do you think our batsmen are learning from their mistakes? How's Dave Whatmore helping in the process?
[19:13] <Nasif> Just to let everyone know, we have with Razzak and Mushfiq, please send your questions to me
[19:14] <BDMM> Ofcourse....we are learning all the time..every game is an experience and Dav is helping
[19:15] <Nasif> <IanW> To both: 'Have you considered playing club cricket in Australia or New Zealand'
[19:16] <BDMM> We would obviously fancy playing cricket abroad....we don't get much time to fit in schedules but let's see what happens
[19:16] <Nasif> <Go_Bangladesh> Question to Razzak: Do you have or are you working on a doosra?
[19:16] <BDMM> Mushfique has begged his leave...we are with Razzak now
[19:17] <BDMM> I am working on it with our assistant coach Md. Salahuddin
[19:17] <Nasif> Thanks to Mushfiq for joining us.
[19:17] <Nasif> <omio> Hi Razzak, U have done really well this WC, And u r a very good bowler in one day match, u havent ball too much in test cricket, BD will play test amtch aganist India next month,What is ur plan for that test match?
[19:18] <BDMM> If I am selected I will try to continue the one-day performance in Tests also
[19:18] <Nasif> <Go_Bangladesh> Question to Razzak: You have some potential with the bat, do you plan to work on your batting and become a useful all rounder?
[19:19] <BDMM> the players have to attend a meeting...can we have the last three questions for Razzak?
[19:19] <BDMM> I want to improve my batting to the level where I can be considered an all-rounder
[19:20] <Nasif> <Bancan> The world cup was a long tour. You were away from your family and home. Did home sickness affect your game?
[19:20] <BDMM> Not at all....we are professionals and this is something we thrive on
[19:21] <Nasif> <habfreak> To Razzaq: Do you think BD going with three SLAs will be a good idea in the test matches against India? since they are known to play spin well.
[19:22] <BDMM> It is a team management thing....we don't know what kind of bowling attack will be there for India but in our conditions our left-arm spinners can bowl well against any team.
[19:22] <Nasif> <Aritro> to razzak: dav is someone who is noted as a good mentor figure for his players, but are there ever language issues and is he adept at bangla?
[19:23] <Nasif> We will ask 1 more question after this one
[19:23] <BDMM> We are used to interacting with foreign coaching staff so it is never a problem
[19:24] <Nasif> <omio> Did u browse our banglacricket.com before, or this is the 1st time?
[19:25] <BDMM> Honestly speaking...I have browsed banglacricket.com before and I think you fans are doing a wonderful job of encouraging us and staying with us through the good times and the bad....
[19:26] <Nasif> We would like thank Razzak and Mushfiq for joining us today. We would also like to thank Rabeed Imam for making this chat possible.
[19:26] <BDMM> Pleasure is ours. Thank you all very much
[19:26] <Nasif> BanglaCricket.com and fans hope this is the first of many such chat session.
[19:26] <Tehsin> THan kyou Guys
[19:26] <Nasif> Thank you again and Congratulations for Great WC 2007
[19:26] <Nasif> We are proud of you.
[19:27] <Nasif> The chat transcript will be made available on the forum.

Russell2k7
April 19, 2007, 07:29 PM
Thnx Man. Not much questions was asked about our batting.

Omio
April 19, 2007, 07:32 PM
Woow, I made the last question,,

cricket_pagol
April 19, 2007, 07:47 PM
Awesome... I had a question too.
Why does mushy call sakib as Moina? Does anyone have any idea?

Hatebreed
April 19, 2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks for arranging this. Hopefully there will be more of it in future.

nzfan
April 19, 2007, 07:50 PM
its true though rafique is 16 years older than rahim:P

Nasif
April 19, 2007, 07:55 PM
Funny thing is our current banner has good pic of Razzak and Mushfiq, and they are the ones who joined us in chat :)

sadi
April 19, 2007, 07:55 PM
Cool. Didn't find anything new information though. Thanks for making it happen Nasif bhai and others.

AsifTheManRahman
April 19, 2007, 08:00 PM
Awesome. I missed it, but it's good to have the transcript posted. Thanks, Nasif bhai.

TheWatcher
April 19, 2007, 08:20 PM
Thanks to Razzak and Mushfiq for the chat session.

Is it possible to arrange another chat session with Rabeed Imam ? I want to ask him few questions about TigerCricket, BCB development programmes, and, may be, about Bangladesh team media policies.

akabir77
April 19, 2007, 08:26 PM
damm missed it. I ahd a question to ask Mushfiq.

even though its late i am asking anyway.

Since you worked under both whom do you think better coach and why?

Sovik
April 19, 2007, 08:29 PM
totally forgot about that.

sadi
April 19, 2007, 08:48 PM
damm missed it. I ahd a question to ask Mushfiq.

even though its late i am asking anyway.

Since you worked under both whom do you think better coach and why?

I don't think they will answer these kind of questions. They will try to avoid as much controversy as possible and rightly so.

Farhad
April 19, 2007, 10:01 PM
Awesome! Good work you guys with the questions.You guys should consider becoming journalists :p...Ive seen seasoned professionals ask worse questions. Especially in Bangladesh

Kabir
April 19, 2007, 10:18 PM
I thought it's 11 pm EST. Poor me, it's 11 pm GMT :hairpull:

Anyway, thanks to Nasif bhai for carrying out the session, to Rabeed Imam for arranging it, to Tehsin bhai for potafying Rabeed Imam (ki khawaisilen boss?) and to the players of course, for finding the time to chat with us.

May I propose that a video chat be carried out in future?

Tehsin
April 19, 2007, 10:44 PM
VDO CHAT ? HMMMM. If we can get someone from BC with high speed connection to host it from Dhaka, I don't mind giving it a shot. :)

Plus, it's about time someone potafies me. ;)

Kabir
April 19, 2007, 10:56 PM
Boss, I video chat with my parents EVERYDAY. It's good even with the crappy highspeed that my konjush dad subscribes to.

I know it's too much to ask for right after this chat...but you know, proposing something for the future :)

If I'm not wrong, cybercafes in Bangladesh do have computers equipped with webcam and mic.

Rizvi
April 19, 2007, 10:59 PM
Damn...no1 asked about how Razzak and the rest of the team feels about our Hablu captain...

Kabir
April 19, 2007, 11:01 PM
That question would've received a generic answer like "oh, we feel he's great". No point in asking that.

moula
April 19, 2007, 11:22 PM
mushfiq and razzaq seems to have enjoyed the chat. the smile in their face says it all. good to know some of the players visit banglacricket. also, video chat korte parle to kothai nai. tobe, right now, if we could continuously invite more players, that wopuld be awesome. thanks for arranging such event.

ialbd
April 19, 2007, 11:24 PM
Yes this was the beginning, and hopefully we'll have more like this often and hopefully it will get more interactive like the video chat imran bhai suggested...

Tehsin
April 19, 2007, 11:56 PM
There is a need for moderation whether it is text or vdo. When I say moderation, I mean control the flow of the conversation and allowing everyone, SPECIALLY the guests to participate fully.

IF we hadn't moderated the chat, almost everyone would have been talking and maybe the players would have picked up couple of questions here and there and answer those question at best. Which, in turn would have been lost in the hundreds of questions/comments (whether mature and well thought out or simply rubbish) made by everyone. It's pretty much impossible to have it without some sort of control. Anyone who has done their fair share of chatting knows what I mean.

As for VDO chat. Definitely an idea I will float. It'll be a little bit tougher but not impossible.

As for asking HARD questions, that could be seen as GHORE DEKE EN-E MEHMANDER OPOMAAN KORA. Put yourself in their shoes and try asking yourself those hard hitting question. It's cricket, it's not life or death. Plus, knowing BD culture, what do you think would happen to the players when the chat scripts go to the wrong hands ? We as mans can say anything and get away with. Our players have to work as a team and need to respect each other to be able to keep that relationship strong. When was the last time you got buddy buddy with someone who wanted to get you fired ?

There's also that gag order. Whatever they say not only gets scrutinized by the fans and the media, it could have serious consequences. Let's not turn this into a bollywood gossip show.

Baundule
April 20, 2007, 01:31 AM
Thnx Man. Not much questions was asked about our batting.

May be, they all got moderation;)

Thanks, Nasif, for this great work.

amethyst
April 20, 2007, 01:31 AM
First I wanna thank BC for such arrangement. This kinda attempt definitely helps building a bridge between us fans and our heros. :) I missed the chat session, so ei log diye dudher shadh ghole metano aar ki.

As I can see you guys are considering taking this "communication" thing to an upper level, I wanna add something here. I co-host a monthly (Bengali) podcast where we talk to artists, musicians in BD from USA. Yes, of course through phone. Those phone calls last about 30 to 45 mins and most of the time they're crystal clear. The interview sessions are pre-arranged, and of course are NOT fed live to public (reasons should be understood. If not, please read Tehsin bhaiya's post :D )

We open a new thread every month calling for questions and comments our site users have for the artist. and in the end, we (moderators, hosts) select the questions. We've been successfully hosting our podcast since October '06 and the average number of our listener is a thousand. :-)

Doing a video chat and record it is a big hackle. But you guys can definitely consider hosting a podcast. That way people can drop questions beforehand, can listen to it whenever, can download it and is so much easier to arrange - just call the guest up and record the convo. Just a suggestion. :-)

Nocturnal
April 20, 2007, 02:11 AM
First I wanna thank BC for such arrangement. This kinda attempt definitely helps building a bridge between us fans and our heros. :) I missed the chat session, so ei log diye dudher shadh ghole metano aar ki.

As I can see you guys are considering taking this "communication" thing to an upper level, I wanna add something here. I co-host a monthly (Bengali) podcast where we talk to artists, musicians in BD from USA. Yes, of course through phone. Those phone calls last about 30 to 45 mins and most of the time they're crystal clear. The interview sessions are pre-arranged, and of course are NOT fed live to public (reasons should be understood. If not, please read Tehsin bhaiya's post :D )

We open a new thread every month calling for questions and comments our site users have for the artist. and in the end, we (moderators, hosts) select the questions. We've been successfully hosting our podcast since October '06 and the average number of our listener is a thousand. :-)

Doing a video chat and record it is a big hackle. But you guys can definitely consider hosting a podcast. That way people can drop questions beforehand, can listen to it whenever, can download it and is so much easier to arrange - just call the guest up and record the convo. Just a suggestion. :-)

Seems like very good idea.

tanvir_nus
April 20, 2007, 02:56 AM

khaise...... apniy ki shey mayapain naki???:shh:
"maane ki je bolbo, bolar kichui pachi na" :-D.... must say it's a very good step and you are awesome ;)!!! keep it up

zahid
April 20, 2007, 05:47 AM
Just like to point you guys to the Pre-Chat and Post-Chats that we BC Members had.

PRE-CHAT > http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=20685

POST CHAT > http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=20686

:saint:

bengaltiger
April 20, 2007, 05:55 AM
nice chat session. keep up the good work!

Hatebreed
April 20, 2007, 06:57 AM
Amethyst, your podcast suggestion sounds good but for the time being I like goru's idea more. To have a special questions page where we fans can periodically ask questions to the players and receive answers via Rabeed Imam (BD Media Manager). That way it's more feasible to ask questions to most of our players as they may not be available for live sessions. Eventually we can go onto do podcasts, video diaries/conferencing, etc.

Tigers_eye
April 20, 2007, 08:11 AM
Here is a suggestion.

On the other end (RI's) if we could have another data entry person with another laptop that would have meant they could answered twice as many questions in the same amount of time. On this end there could be two mods taking questions for one player each.

Just a thought. 20 mins would seem to be 40 mins then. :)

By the way, good stuff.

allrounder
April 20, 2007, 08:47 AM
This was my question and got no answer, hope to get an answer next time.

I believe our team and players go through a review and analysis process before and after every matches and tours.

I would like to know what are the top five concerns/weakness that has been identified by you or the team? Out of these which ones have been achieved or somewhat no longer a concern and which ones are yet to be achieved. Please provide some details on how you achieved them and for the ones not yet achieved how you are going about achieving them.

Omio
April 20, 2007, 08:59 AM
Can some body post Rabid imam pic,,

Nasif
April 20, 2007, 09:13 AM
Added the pictures.

Ahmed_B
April 20, 2007, 09:23 AM
One more step forward for BC! :)

CONGRATS! :up:

Miraz
April 20, 2007, 09:30 AM
I hope it's the beginning of many.

BC is keeping the pace with the Tigers in every aspect of improvement.

Mahmood
April 20, 2007, 09:35 AM
Well done!

No one asked Razzak to never ever ride a bike?

Ahmed_B
April 20, 2007, 09:46 AM
No one asked Razzak to never ever ride a bike?
Mahmood bhai... among the current BD players, Mashrafee is probably the other bike-fanatic! There should be a strict ban on Masree about getting anywhere within 100 Meters of any sort of a two-wheeler! :)

Hatebreed
April 20, 2007, 09:51 AM
Mahmood bhai... among the current BD players, Mashrafee is probably the other bike-fanatic! There should be a strict ban on Masree about getting anywhere within 100 Meters of any sort of a two-wheeler! :)

Or any wheeler without a professional driver. Last thing we need is him getting hurt or worse from a vehicle accident.

Nasif
April 20, 2007, 10:06 AM
On another note,

[19:24] <Nasif> <omio> Did u browse our banglacricket.com before, or this is the 1st time?
[19:25] <BDMM> Honestly speaking...I have browsed banglacricket.com before and I
think you fans are doing a wonderful job of encouraging us and staying with us through
the good times and the bad....

this shows players do visit. I guess they have seen some of those wild criticisms! Especially Javed, Kapali, and Rokon's criticisms (also the newest entry to the list Bashar).

Omio
April 20, 2007, 10:19 AM
On another note,

[19:24] Did u browse our banglacricket.com before, or this is the 1st time?
[19:25] Honestly speaking...I have browsed banglacricket.com before and I
think you fans are doing a wonderful job of encouraging us and staying with us through
the good times and the bad....

this shows players do visit. I guess they have seen some of those wild criticisms! Especially Javed, Kapali, and Rokon's criticisms (also the newest entry to the list Bashar).
Criticism is okay, but should be constructive,
And we shouldnt exceed the limit..:-|

BANTigress
April 20, 2007, 02:18 PM
dat ws a nice chat session...bt i missed ...anyway thnks to banglacricket

sar2005
April 20, 2007, 03:51 PM
There is a need for moderation whether it is text or vdo. When I say moderation, I mean control the flow of the conversation and allowing everyone, SPECIALLY the guests to participate fully.

IF we hadn't moderated the chat, almost everyone would have been talking and maybe the players would have picked up couple of questions here and there and answer those question at best. Which, in turn would have been lost in the hundreds of questions/comments (whether mature and well thought out or simply rubbish) made by everyone. It's pretty much impossible to have it without some sort of control. Anyone who has done their fair share of chatting knows what I mean.

As for VDO chat. Definitely an idea I will float. It'll be a little bit tougher but not impossible.

As for asking HARD questions, that could be seen as GHORE DEKE EN-E MEHMANDER OPOMAAN KORA. Put yourself in their shoes and try asking yourself those hard hitting question. It's cricket, it's not life or death. Plus, knowing BD culture, what do you think would happen to the players when the chat scripts go to the wrong hands ? We as mans can say anything and get away with. Our players have to work as a team and need to respect each other to be able to keep that relationship strong. When was the last time you got buddy buddy with someone who wanted to get you fired ?

There's also that gag order. Whatever they say not only gets scrutinized by the fans and the media, it could have serious consequences. Let's not turn this into a bollywood gossip show.

Faboulus Explanation.
Congrates for good work.

This is a stunning initiative and hope to see many more in future.
Thanks to Omio for asking the question of the chat (in my openion). Now we know that somehow our ideas are known by our players. That's good.

sar2005
April 20, 2007, 03:58 PM
Or any wheeler without a professional driver. Last thing we need is him getting hurt or worse from a vehicle accident.

Also don't take stairs alone as he already crushed his feet once while running down through stairs ;)

SMHasan
April 20, 2007, 10:37 PM
<Nasif> <Electrequiem> Who invented that celebratory dance you guys do after gettin a wicket?
[19:09] <BDMM> Ash....ha ha ha

The only different question and the only fun of the chat.

I wonder where was my question? I wanted the answer badly. But sadly people underestimated the importance of my knowledge like before. I am not surprised.

jinglenuts
April 21, 2007, 09:31 AM
wwooowwwwww fanx a loott 4 d transcript:D :D

mhj007
April 21, 2007, 11:27 AM
:big_hug: :bravo: :great:
Junior

Hatebreed
April 21, 2007, 11:58 AM
Also don't take stairs alone as he already crushed his feet once while running down through stairs ;)

Hell, they should carry him on a palki.

Hatebreed
April 21, 2007, 11:59 AM
The only different question and the only fun of the chat.

I wonder where was my question? I wanted the answer badly. But sadly people underestimated the importance of my knowledge like before. I am not surprised.

Don't sulk Hasan bhai.

Kabir
April 21, 2007, 12:21 PM
[/FONT]

Karon Hasan is the only one with his brain in his hatu...aka knee :floor:

SMHasan
April 21, 2007, 09:30 PM

Right you are.

Hatebreed
April 21, 2007, 10:00 PM

lol I thought that expression is used for tall people? Hasan bhai isn't, for his age anyway.

fai_hasan
April 26, 2007, 07:03 AM
wow. great afford. khub bhalo laglo cricketer der sathe chatting ta pore. i think they would come and like to visit this site more often now.

can you please don't abuse any cricketers please.

fai_hasan
April 26, 2007, 07:05 AM
would it be possible to see all the questions those were raised, please?

Kabir
April 26, 2007, 09:55 AM
All the questions raised are in the first post of this thread. Those were all the ones asked, among the questions submitted to Nasif bhai.

Rumz_01
April 26, 2007, 01:28 PM
I think that talking to the Cricket players was really kool, im new to this website, an im a big fan i Bangladeshi Cricket.
I wanted to know, say if we get a chance like that in future, how can i ask them questions...?
Im confused...
But this website is great!
Razzak an Mushfiq are Don!
(Mushfiq has the most amazing teeth!)

zahid
April 26, 2007, 02:08 PM
I think that talking to the Cricket players was really kool, im new to this website, an im a big fan i Bangladeshi Cricket.
I wanted to know, say if we get a chance like that in future, how can i ask them questions...?
Im confused...
But this website is great!
Razzak an Mushfiq are Don!
(Mushfiq has the most amazing teeth!)

Teeth ? Are you crazy???? Kunkhaner halar pagol-chagol

Tigers_eye
April 26, 2007, 02:19 PM
Rumz_01,
Welcome to BC; enjoy your stay. I also think Mushfiq has one of the whitest set of teeths I have ever seen.

TheWatcher
May 12, 2007, 10:24 PM
[19:07] <Nasif> <goru> for Mushfiq: we noticed that you were often standing way too in front of slips in Ireland game? Was this intentional or a mistake? Ball was falling short of slips so many times...
[19:08] <BDMM> This is a normal thing .....the keeper usually stands ahead of the first slip....and there was bounce in the wicket

Goru tried to warn Mushfiq not to position slips so far behind, but Gadha Mushfiq did not listen.

Mods, can you please move this thread to Bangladesh Cricket ?