PDA

View Full Version : Most annoying commentator during WC

crickwizard
April 20, 2007, 02:20 AM
Who irritated you most (not related to BD match) during the world cup. I was almost voting for Shiva but Ramiz was really making me press the mute buttons. As jerk can one can be:o Do they have any training at all

Baundule
April 20, 2007, 02:53 AM
Oh no! During watching all those matches, I never had in mind that I'll come up with this question :)

I just wanted to watch the game and never concentrate on what the commentators say. Now, as I look for an answer to your question, trying to recall the commentators' speeches, I don't find even a single word in my collection. Means, I have been completely successful in not focusing on their garbage talking. Three cheers for myself!!!!!!!

Rabz
April 20, 2007, 05:04 AM
Good point here. Some of the comms were absolutely rubbish to be honest.
Makes me wonder how they even get the chance of being there. Just because they are from india or pakistan does not give them the right to comment on the biggest version of the odi games. Pure crap.

Leading the pack would be that shiv lal....xyz guy..man who is he anyway??
being able to speak in english does not make a good comm.

2nd in line would be aamir sohail. the paikka idiot.
i think we all know about him.

Where was Richie Benaud??
Esp for those of us who lives in Australia, we are so used to with Richie Benaud, Bill Lawry ( superb in my opinion), Mark Richards that when there are times comes this horrible horrible comms, really pisses me off.

These days commentating is not just describing whats going on the field. "Bowler balling, batsmen running...blah blah blah.." we all can do that...

They need to give insight into the match, the game and how things are working in, within and around cricket and the game itself.

Lal shivxyz and aamir sohails fails terribly in that.

Sovik
April 20, 2007, 06:03 AM
wish boycott was there when we beat india and south africa

Baundule
April 20, 2007, 06:09 AM
wish boycott was there when we beat india and south africa...and saying his grandma would beat them as well ;)

Sovik
April 20, 2007, 06:15 AM
...and saying his grandma would beat them as well ;)

yeah, she would bowl from both ends, and will keep wicket same time. fielding at point, cover, mid wicket, third man. but the truth be told, he is the son of "wonder woman"

CricFanBD
April 20, 2007, 06:38 AM
Aami Shoel...really boring...and he looks like always an idiot.

Baundule
April 20, 2007, 06:38 AM
yeah, she would bowl from both ends, and will keep wicket same time. fielding at point, cover, mid wicket, third man. but the truth be told, he is the son of "wonder woman"

ha ha ha.
After Dav leaves, I want Boyc's grandma (if alive) as our coach.

Sovik
April 20, 2007, 06:42 AM
ha ha ha.
After Dav leaves, I want Boyc's grandma (if alive) as our coach.

we will try to capture her spirit if we can't get her

tanvir_nus
April 20, 2007, 07:16 AM
Sanjay Manjrekar> Never credits us, always look for other factors than our ability, same tone, too critical/unappreciative/demeaning towards us all the time, and he thinks he knows everything. To summarise, just hate that guy :@

OZGOD
April 20, 2007, 07:37 AM
One of the Jaapies.

Yasin
April 20, 2007, 07:52 AM
aamir sohial and athar ali khan

BanCricFan
April 20, 2007, 09:41 AM
Amir Sohail and Rameez Raja! Rameez really gets up my nerve- thinking he knows all and was such a great player! He has such a condescending attitude towards BD or other "minnow" players. Probably, he hasn't realize that BD cricket isn't the same as they used to be 10/15 years ago! But, he was spot on though about Bashars captaincy.

Aamir Sohail- poor guy, although, he is quite fair! Puts me to sleep most of the time!

Oh, Beefy, also annoys me a lot...too full of himself!

Nasif
April 20, 2007, 09:43 AM
I liked Athar's commentary. From BD perspective is the sole defender there.

All the new commentators are of low quality. You have to say, GCC commentary pool is quite poor.

BanCricFan
April 20, 2007, 09:43 AM
Sanjay Manjrekar> Never credits us, always look for other factors than our ability, same tone, too critical/unappreciative/demeaning towards us all the time, and he thinks he knows everything. To summarise, just hate that guy :@

Actually, Sanj isn't that bad! He loves Aftab and his 6 hitting prowess!:D

Nasif
April 20, 2007, 09:44 AM
Actually, Sanj isn't that bad! He loves Aftab and his 6 hitting prowess!:D

He also likes Rajin Saleh. Yesterday he was saying why we didn't try to open with Rajin.

Padosan
April 20, 2007, 09:54 AM
I find Ranjit Fernando the most irritating guy out there. The way he wants to stress Sangakkara and Jayasuriya.. man really irritating, he keeps on repeating their names every other ball. Ofcourse its quite understandable there would be some biaz towards the fellow team, but he is just too much to bear. I find he talks too much about the srilankan players than what actually happens in the cricket field.

Siva is irritating too, at times.

My vote would be Ranjit Fernando, Lakshman SivaRamaKrishnan(thats his full name :)) and Aamir sohail

Missing those days of Geoff Boycott, Tony Greig and Richie Benaud.

I find the commentators nowadays very single dimensional, just talking on the game, the things happening around in the stadium goes so unnoticed atleast from entertainment point of view for the viewers. Missing those days of Ear rings and lovely ladies commentary.

Hatebreed
April 20, 2007, 10:11 AM
Ramiz Raja is the worst, he's a bitter man. Don't remember listening to Amir Sohail's commentry but I assume it's no good.

I like David Lloyd's commentry, he's fun to listen to. Sanjay is pretty good also, he's been pretty balanced and analytical in his commentry and doesn't sound irritating like Shivaramakrishnan or Ranjit Fernando.

Shaan
April 20, 2007, 10:15 AM
I find Ranjit Fernando the most irritating guy out there. The way he wants to stress Sangakkara and Jayasuriya.. man really irritating, he keeps on repeating their names every other ball. Ofcourse its quite understandable there would be some biaz towards the fellow team, but he is just too much to bear. I find he talks too much about the srilankan players than what actually happens in the cricket field.

man I was about to say same thing.. that idiot Ranjit with his ugly accent...

Rabz
April 20, 2007, 10:19 AM
man I was about to say same thing.. that idiot Ranjit with his ugly accent...

One must say.....

akabir77
April 20, 2007, 10:32 AM
Its Amir shohel.

It feels like he is in a horror movie or some thing the way he starts his crap.
second is ranjit.

akabir77
April 20, 2007, 10:34 AM
Mods can we add a pole with this please!

roaring tigerz
April 20, 2007, 11:57 AM
Aamir Sohail, Ramiz Raja Ranjit Fernando. Both of them makes me want to bang my head against the wall, cringe with frustration and basically lose my sense of mental balace. If you want to hear recycled bucketfuls of trash cliches then go listen to their 'words of wisdom.'

Miraz
April 20, 2007, 12:08 PM
Ramiz
Daylight
Aamir Sohail

gatekeeper
April 20, 2007, 12:44 PM
Who irritated you most (not related to BD match) during the world cup. I was almost voting for Shiva but Ramiz was really making me press the mute buttons. As jerk can one can be:o Do they have any training at all

I thaught Shiva was fine but Ameer Soahel gave me the creeps.

gatekeeper
April 20, 2007, 12:45 PM
Also John Wright, because of his speech pattern and Holding for his callous attitude toward the likes of BD Ireland.

WarWolf
April 20, 2007, 12:49 PM
Also John Wright, because of his speech pattern and Holding for his callous attitude toward the likes of BD Ireland.

He was right. He got enough experience to predict that match.

Buddhika
April 20, 2007, 08:26 PM
gotta be ranjitfernando,

visit this site,u'll know how much sri lankans hate him
http://ranjitfernandosucks.blogspot.com/index.html

me being sri lankan, i actually like, Ramiz Raja, Sanjay, Sohel and Lloyed cuz they actully like us when ranjit never says good about us.

but my fav are Tony Greig (he loves us), Lowry etc.... most Ch9 commentators except for Ian healey, ian chapel etc

SMHasan
April 20, 2007, 09:52 PM
gotta be ranjitfernando,

visit this site,u'll know how much sri lankans hate him
http://ranjitfernandosucks.blogspot.com/index.html

me being sri lankan, i actually like, Ramiz Raja, Sanjay, Sohel and Lloyed cuz they actully like us when ranjit never says good about us.

but my fav are Tony Greig (he loves us), Lowry etc.... most Ch9 commentators except for Ian healey, ian chapel etc

In fact I like Ian Healy, Ian Chappel and not too many from Channel 9.I don't like Mark Nicholas at all.

Among these GCC bokarams I liked Sanjay Manjrekar cause he is pretty annalytical although some people said he does not like us. But I would say he praised us enough. Naser Hussein was good too as Graham Loyed. And of course Barry Richards, he is a genious.

I missed Geffery Boycott, he is very good in analysing.

Didn't like? Well GCC did a poor job bringing this 2nd tier commentators in the WC. Shame on you GCC.

knightrider357
April 20, 2007, 11:28 PM
Mandira Bedi... lol.... sorry couldnt resist... hahaha
also Kris Srikkanth from the LOC show on CNN -IBNlive... i died thousand times inside every time he called us Minnow.... as if winning against India was their fault, not our credit...

back to the original ques...
it has to be Aamir Sohail.... mone hoy phencidil khaiya commentry korte asche...
& Sanjay "Bangladesh hater" Manjrekar.... i hate this guy....

David Lloyd is one of the good ones.. funny... and lively...

gatekeeper
April 21, 2007, 12:06 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else think Majrekar is shomo? BTW, it never felt to me that he was BD hater. He is just one of those desis trying his darnest to appease his foreign friends.

psj
April 21, 2007, 01:30 AM
Did u guys hear this statement Manjrekar made abt Habibul during the WI match towards the 35th over of the WI innings.?
'This is that time of the match when Habibul usually takes a nap and allows the game to slip away from BD'

Ganguly da
April 21, 2007, 01:42 AM
Ranjit Fernando(spits a lot while talking), Aamir Sohail (very strong punjabi/kashmiri accent) , Ramiz Raja (way too many bad pronounciations), Lakshman Sivaramakrishnan (he's more famous as a commentator than he ever was as a cricketer)

Nocturnal
April 21, 2007, 01:43 AM
Did u guys hear this statement Manjrekar made abt Habibul during the WI match towards the 35th over of the WI innings.?
'This is that time of the match when Habibul usually takes a nap and allows the game to slip away from BD'

I didn't hear it but TRUE comment though :(

John Right -- most boring
David Lloyd- my fav in this WC

gatekeeper
April 21, 2007, 01:55 AM
I didn't hear it but TRUE comment though :(

John Right -- most boring
David Lloyd- my fav in this WC

Yep, David Lloyd is defintely my fav.

knightrider357
April 21, 2007, 02:12 AM
David Lloyd… funny guy... have u guys seen this video on you tube "Funny Moments of Summer Cricket 2006 from England"... check it out...
"ooh yes, I would love two of those... " hahahah... check out the video ... u will love it.... :lol: :floor:

OZGOD
April 21, 2007, 03:15 AM
The best thing about Lloydy (and Gower) is that he doesn't take himself too seriously - he enjoys having a laugh, even if it's at his own expense.

If the Poms are losing, then Beefy Botham is THE best commie to listen to. :D

ammark
April 21, 2007, 04:02 AM
From this WC the worst was... All except David Lloyd, Holding and sometimes Sanjay Manjrekar.

The rest were awful, esp John Wright.

If you want commentary it has to be Ravi Shastri, Wasim Akram, Geoff Boycott, Tony Greig, and perhaps David Lloyd, Paul Allot and Bob Willis.

Protic
April 21, 2007, 04:35 AM
AMIR SOHAIL.. .he's like
*SIGH* the batsman hits a four *SIGH* nice shot *SIGH*
eh crap.

Sovik
April 21, 2007, 05:02 AM
David Lloyd… funny guy... have u guys seen this video on you tube "Funny Moments of Summer Cricket 2006 from England"... check it out...
"ooh yes, I would love two of those... " hahahah... check out the video ... u will love it.... :lol: :floor:

saw that.

never liked holding. bishop isn't too bad but ranjit annoyed me most of the time. specially during sri lanka matches.

liked Lloyed and cozier

cricfanz
April 21, 2007, 05:59 AM
Actually, I never noticed much negatives of the commentaries, just enjoyed them and the game...

But from the little I do remember, I really enjoy listening to the videshi commentators..they seem to have a better sense of humour than the desi commentators..More likely to joke about their own teams and jokingly insult their own teams than the Desi ones...

karimjay.
April 21, 2007, 06:50 AM
Worst ever cricket presenter is Stuart McGill. He didn't commentate, but he offered his views at lunch and stuff in the local studio during the natwest series. They did a 'probability of Australia winning' skit. They kept it at 99% through the whole match and McGill co-ordinated it. When BD won, he still had something to say.

wasi_ahmed
April 21, 2007, 08:30 AM
AMIR SOHAIL.. .he's like
*SIGH* the batsman hits a four *SIGH* nice shot *SIGH*
eh crap.
:floor: :floor:
what an observation!!

HereWeGo
April 21, 2007, 11:36 AM
Got to be Aamir Sohail and Our very own atahar ali khan......
Boy arent they irritating to listen to....

SMHasan
April 21, 2007, 09:37 PM

There was nothing wrong that comment! He did say what was true and still it is true.

I don't know why people don't like Sanjay Manjarekar but I did not find offensive in his commentary. If you know anything please let me know. I am curious.

BD Tigers
April 21, 2007, 10:17 PM
All of them are crap except for Atahar Ali, only representation from BD. I love Richi Benaud, Tony Greg. I wish they were there. Most irritating is Sanjay & Amir Sohel.

Rabz
April 22, 2007, 08:17 AM
There was nothing wrong that comment! He did say what was true and still it is true.

I don't know why people don't like Sanjay Manjarekar but I did not find offensive in his commentary. If you know anything please let me know. I am curious.

Id agree with you on this one...
I found his commentating much much better than some of the names mentioned here...
he might hv sounded a bit critical at times about BD's performance/captaincy..but they were all for the right reasons..
to me..it was more of a frustration than criticism...

i, for one, thought he was a supporter/well wisher for BD's game.

He is one indian commentator i like.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
April 22, 2007, 01:24 PM
Amir Sohail, Ramiz raza ,shiva ramakrishnan............ 1 2 3..thats it

SMHasan
April 22, 2007, 03:16 PM
Id agree with you on this one...
I found his commentating much much better than some of the names mentioned here...
he might hv sounded a bit critical at times about BD's performance/captaincy..but they were all for the right reasons..
to me..it was more of a frustration than criticism...

i, for one, thought he was a supporter/well wisher for BD's game.

He is one indian commentator i like.

Exactly.Sanjay was saying in the WI match about Ashraful "He loves to play this pull shot and again it caused his death." And in SA match he was praising Aftab and Ash repeatedly which showed how much he likes us. We should take the criticism easily. He was simply frustrated.

Beamer
April 23, 2007, 03:09 PM
Ramiz Raja is the worst by a mile. Not only he suffers from the incurable disease of Bangladeshphobia, but also, he is devoid of any cricket sense. Most of the time he repeats same old tired stuff. Never reads the match or comment accordingly either. A total bufoon. Even his comptariot Sohail is a lot better than him. Ranjit is another average guy.

Miraz
April 26, 2007, 10:09 AM
Alright, this thread earned reputation and is reported in a Sri Lankan daily.. :)

At www.banglacricket.com (http://www.banglacricket.com) Fernando has competition for the 'Most annoying commentator during WC' blog.
"My vote would be Ranjit Fernando, Lakshman SivaRamaKrishnan and Aamir Sohail," writes one fan.

Link (http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullstory.php?newsID=1497067190&no_view=1&SEARCH_TERM=34)

And it was Padosan's choice. :)

RazabQ
April 26, 2007, 10:51 AM
Further gist to my assertion at some other thread (effigy burning) that we fans need to be more coherent and less knee-jerk in our posts here. BanglaCricket is fast becoming one of _the_ sources for cricket ... we are no cricinfo but the greater presense of neutrals point out to the quality most of us try to maintain here.

billah
April 26, 2007, 11:14 AM
Further gist to my assertion at some other thread (effigy burning) that we fans need to be more coherent and less knee-jerk in our posts here. BanglaCricket is fast becoming one of _the_ sources for cricket ... we are no cricinfo but the greater presense of neutrals point out to the quality most of us try to maintain here.

In other words, Saajee Manjee was the worst of them all by far...right ?

:confused:

akabir77
April 26, 2007, 11:48 AM
No I think its AMir. He give me the creep with his low creepy voice. sounds like a criminal or something...

"That's a peculiar way to get out!!!!".. after one aussie tried to cut a ball and left it thinking its gonna go over the wicket which it doesn't and hit his middle stump.

Sovik
April 28, 2007, 04:18 PM
from cricinfo

Ranjit Fernando has just come up with another howler on TV, his 532nd of the competition, claiming Sri Lanka won the World Cup in 1996 on Duckworth-Lewis. Even Botham sounded as if he had had enough ...

mhj007
May 3, 2007, 07:19 AM
Ranjit Fernando.....the most irritating vj in any show:MANDIRA BEDI.
Junior

nfsunited
May 4, 2007, 01:35 AM
i think rameez is not a bad commentater he has +ve feelings about bangladesh he is one of the most senior anf good commentater in the world
but AAMIR is worst no dout about it he speeks like an affraid guy and also tony coizer(who cunducted presentation ceremoney of final) he first think and then say it he destroy the whole worldcup enjoyment
where is tony graig,ravi rashti and other 1996 world cup commentators

Padosan
May 4, 2007, 09:31 AM
Alright, this thread earned reputation and is reported in a Sri Lankan daily.. :)

Link (http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullstory.php?newsID=1497067190&no_view=1&SEARCH_TERM=34)

And it was Padosan's choice. :)

yayyyyyyyyyyyy i got a mention thro bangla cricket. thanks BC.

well 'one might say', the commentary team would 'gather impetus' with sidhu and ranjit in the commentary box. we all will be able to see 'the light at the end of the tunnel' atlast. 'one might not put their TV on mute' for these guys 'will marshall their lack of cricketing knowledge'. The combination will tickle our funny bones so hard that 'we got to choose between tightening our belt or loosing our pants'.

In the end, the cricket lovers will suffer like 'a one legged man in a bum kicking competition'

Acknowledgements : Excerpts from Navjot singh buddhu and Ranjit bur-nando.

cheers !
Padosan

Alien
May 4, 2007, 10:05 AM
Most annoying:

Geoffery Boycott
Athar Ali Khan