PDA

View Full Version : i cant understand how come bd fans think that they r the 2011 wc champs

bd_fan_from_india
April 20, 2007, 06:31 AM
i apologise if this post hurts anyone feelings out here, but then bangladesh have just started to show some improvement now and started to best the big teams beaing nz(warm-up), ind and sa, but then they r inconsistent as well like losing to ireland and england(2 games which bangladesh should have won). bangladesh r now in a in-between position where they r not bad enough to be called "minnows" and not strong enough to be called a "big team", however some more wins over big teams might change that soon, however they have lost their minnow tag in this wc.

but then some fans r getting way too over-excited with bd performance saying that they will win the 2011 wc. 1 thing is there that bd winning 2011 wc will be a far bigger surprise than india winning in 1983 and sri lanka winning in 1996. however bd will be in with a great chance to make the super-8 or even super-6(if that format is taken again), but i do not c bd winning the wc but they might have some chance in the 2015 wc. its time bd fans got a bit realistic also and ended this over-optimism. for the last 7-8 years, bd fans have been saying indian fans to get realistic, but thats changing now with indian fans asking bd fans to get realistic.

as of now, bangladesh should aim at getting their 1st ever test win over a big team and their 2nd test win overall.

Baundule
April 20, 2007, 06:36 AM
If in the super6, why not the champ? ;)

jokes aside, i am sure the fans are not asking them to be the wc2011 champ. All we want is that they keep up improving, learn from their mistakes and never-say-die. The result, be the champion or runners up does not matter.

Sovik
April 20, 2007, 06:40 AM
i apologise if this post hurts anyone feelings out here, but then bangladesh have just started to show some improvement now and started to best the big teams beaing nz(warm-up), ind and sa, but then they r inconsistent as well like losing to ireland and england(2 games which bangladesh should have won). bangladesh r now in a in-between position where they r not bad enough to be called "minnows" and not strong enough to be called a "big team", however some more wins over big teams might change that soon, however they have lost their minnow tag in this wc.

but then some fans r getting way too over-excited with bd performance saying that they will win the 2011 wc. 1 thing is there that bd winning 2011 wc will be a far bigger surprise than india winning in 1983 and sri lanka winning in 1996. however bd will be in with a great chance to make the super-8 or even super-6(if that format is taken again), but i do not c bd winning the wc but they might have some chance in the 2015 wc. its time bd fans got a bit realistic also and ended this over-optimism. for the last 7-8 years, bd fans have been saying indian fans to get realistic, but thats changing now with indian fans asking bd fans to get realistic.

as of now, bangladesh should aim at getting their 1st ever test win over a big team and their 2nd test win overall.

the reason we didn't do well in barbados is the same reason India got thrashed in ODI series against south africa in south africa. so we can't blame our players, its our infrastructure. we never had bouncy pitches in sub-continent.

4 years, there are lots to be done. but if we can stay focused and try hard, we will have a competitive side by 2011. we are inconsistent but we need to work on that. winning WC11 is not a unrealistic dream but it will take hell of a effort.

Hatebreed
April 20, 2007, 06:43 AM
We may not be champions, but we can at least hope to beat teams more consistently by then. Semi-final should be our next target, and who knows what can happen. You worry about India. With most of your star players gone by then, how will you reach super-8?

tanvir_nus
April 20, 2007, 07:04 AM
hahahahaha.... funniest thread!I might be a bit too optimistic when I say that we are going to win the world cup. Yes, I am but I am setting goals. Just like Bangladeshi team set goals before going for the goal which is the 2nd round. The target is getting bigger and bigger obviously, and the players will start peaking around that time and probably reach their absolute prime by 2015 for sure but 2011 will be the period when the team will be both matured and young in a way. They would have come to terms with their talent with performance. You can already see a lot of our youngsters (Ashraful/Mash/Razzak) starting to show improved signs of maturity. They are only 23/24 now. Probably by the next world cup Tamim/Nadif/Mushfique will be in the same league as them. And if you don't think Mash/Ash/Razzak are world class now then I have nothing to say.....

As for the 2011 world cup winning target, I do not think even one bit that it is unrealistic. Our team is going to be formed with a new captain a new coach just for that target right from this world cup. All I know is that the next target is to be right up there as the title contenders and not super-eight which has already been achieved.

And did I forget to mention, we are playing it in our home~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WarWolf
April 20, 2007, 07:23 AM

Actually you misunderstood the whole thing. Yes, we are dreaming but we are keeping our feet on the ground as well. Going to semi-final in WC 2011 will be the real target for us. If we can accomplish that target then championship will be only 2 wins away. LOL.

We know our real condition of the team. We know how much potentials we have along with which sectors we need to improve. You might have seen that there wasn't any nasty criticism from BD fans when BD lost to Ireland. Everybody took it as a bad day. We know how to dream yet still know how to keep our feet on the ground.

OZGOD
April 20, 2007, 07:40 AM
Bangladesh have improved considerably, but they have a heap more improving to do before anyone can talk about winning the 2011 WC. For starters, most other teams will also be doing their own improving - the environment is not static. BD will have to improve at a better rate than their competitors to improve their chances of victory.

Anyone who has suggested that they can win the 2011 WC now is smoking too much mull.

BanCricFan
April 20, 2007, 08:23 AM

Anyone who has suggested that they can win the 2011 WC now is smoking too much mull.

Most BC members are naturally high and they dont need anything beside to alter their state of mind!

BD has a VERY realistic chance to go all the way come next World Cup. The key would be retaining most of the players from this bunch and groom them well. The average age of the current squad is 22 and ,therefore, they will be in their prime by the next CWC both mentally and physically. Having said that, its a long way to go till then. Hard work and constant improvement has to be made along the way.

The advantage of BD team over others is that we already have core players for the next CWC- Ashraful, Mashrafi, Razzak, Aftab, Mushfiq, Saqib, Rasel, Shahadat et all! Add to that Alok Kapali, Enamul, Farhad and one or two more. Its very formidable, indeed!

BD's success at U19 level is also another good indicator. Therefore, winning consistently by the next CWC is very realistic! Nothing should be taken for granted though. Good coach, good management, hard work, grooming existing players, keeping a stable squad, long-term planning, leadership training, improving domestic standards will pave the way for unprecedented succeess!:)

cricfanz
April 20, 2007, 08:31 AM
BD winning the 2011 WC is as unrealistic/realistic a aim as India winning the 2007 WC was....beat that...

Its not about winning the championship itself (although I'll admit to having that as my phone intro msg since the 2003 WC), its about setting targets...

If anyone who was watching the Indian team right before the WC could honestly say they could win the WC, they were probably smoking stronger stuff than us.

Actually, I dont see why the question of India came in...

I honestly think we have a good chance at the semis for 2011. We'll have a good mature team by then..and we'll hopefully do even better than this performance (i.e. semis!!)

OZGOD
April 20, 2007, 08:34 AM
Most BC members are naturally high and they dont need anything beside to alter their state of mind!

BD has a VERY realistic chance to go all the way come next World Cup. The key would be retaining most of the players from this bunch and groom them well. The average age of the current squad is 22 and ,therefore, they will be in their prime by the next CWC both mentally and physically. Having said that, its a long way to go till then. Hard work and constant improvement has to be made along the way.

The advantage of BD team over others is that we already have core players for the next CWC- Ashraful, Mashrafi, Razzak, Aftab, Mushfiq, Saqib, Rasel, Shahadat et all! Add to that Alok Kapali, Enamul, Farhad and one or two more. Its very formidable, indeed!

BD's success at U19 level is also another good indicator. Therefore, winning consistently by the next CWC is very realistic! Nothing should be taken for granted though. Good coach, good management, hard work, grooming existing players, keeping a stable squad, long-term planning, leadership training, improving domestic standards will pave the way for unprecedented succeess!:)

I think that you definitely have a serious chance at a semi-final spot in 2011 - but there's still a bit of a way to go, in terms of batting consistency and getting a bit more variety in your bowling attack. Some of the attributes you suggested (good coach, good management, improving domestic standards, grooming existing players, leadership, to name just a few) are critical and your team will have to make sure they put these in place well before 2001, as they take a few years to take effect. Improving domestic standards is one of the key activities and will take a while - it took the OZ about 10 years to improve the standard of the Pura Cup/ING Cup to the point where it was considered one of the best first-class competitions in the world.

One of the things that people don't always think about is that teams don't exist in a vacuum - other teams will also be implementing programs to make sure that they improve and make sure that these improvements are sustainable. Teams like OZ, NZ, SA, India, Pak and so on will all be looking to improve and build on their young players to make sure that they are in a position to consistently deliver quality performances leading up to the 2001 tournament, so BD will have to make sure that their rate of improvement exceeds those of other competitors.

It's good that people are optimistic though! Good luck. :)

Miraz
April 20, 2007, 08:55 AM
I don't feel that most BC members think that Bangladesh will be world champion in 2011.

Definitely Bangladesh will pose more threat to the oppositions and will be a much more improved side, no doubt.

Unless we start beating quality oppositions regularly, our glimpses of achievements will not assure success in any ODI tournament.

Omio
April 20, 2007, 08:57 AM
I think we have better chance to qualify for semi,

allrounder
April 20, 2007, 09:02 AM
Four more years to go, lets see how we proceed in these years. Now that we will have a new coach, things are also going to be different for the team.

Tigers_eye
April 20, 2007, 09:12 AM
Only selected few says we will win the 2011 cup. Even among them some have doubt in their minds. So as the thread title generalizes it, that is not the fact.

If someone says, "You are a donkey" that don't make me a donkey. So take what is worth, think rationally.

Ahmed_B
April 20, 2007, 09:14 AM
i cant understand how come bd fans think that they r the 2011 wc champs
Well... take it as a "die-hard-fan-thing" and surely not literally.
Its somewhat like the WestIndians, English and Indian fans hoping that they would win the 2007 WC.. even though deep inside they all knew very well how much of a dream-achievement it would had it happened.

BD fans do know well to carefully seperate dreams and expectations. :)

al Furqaan
April 20, 2007, 10:43 AM
simple. the same way indian and pakistani fans thougth their teams had a realistic shot at the 07 championship: its called over-optimism.

but if you look at the distance travelled by BD from 03 to 07 and project that for 07-11, then it makes a lot of sense.

whether that improve keeps going at the same average rate is a completely different assumption, however.

Mahmood
April 20, 2007, 10:49 AM
Dont pay too much attention to what Amit says, he has a bad habbit of putting words in your mouth. Just coz few BC members said or made a wishfull comment that Bangladesh will win the WC 2011, he is posting why BD fans think that way as if all fans think that.

Actually this is not that bad, soon you will see worse accusations, he always does that and eventually gets himself banned. Happend too many times.

Farhad
April 20, 2007, 11:40 AM
Not us dude. Not us. Target the coach of the BD academy team - Allister de Winter. This is what he had to say just yesterday.
When can Bangladesh hope to be among the leading cricket playing nations?

Allister: Within five years. I strongly believe that when these players (academy scholars) will form the majority of the team Bangladesh will start winning the Test matches. I also consider Bangladesh as one of the title contenders for the 2011 World Cup because that team will be full of Academy players.

You can check out the whole article here (http://www.tigercricket.com/cricketcolumnvew.aspx?columnID=59)

AsifTheManRahman
April 20, 2007, 11:45 AM
lol, Amit's at it again.

btw, i like this de Winter dude quite a bit. i think he's doing an excellent job in building professionalism among the academy players and we all see the virtue of discipline when we look at the flock coming into the national team from the U-19 side. we need someone like him to be the next coach - someone who does not necessarily have a high profile, but is good at getting his hands dirty and getting the job done.

it's time to lure him into the forum by complaining about the academy team's performances, just as we did to McInnes ;)

Fazal
April 20, 2007, 12:53 PM
>> i cant understand how come bd fans think that they r the 2011 wc champs

Don't understand the fans (who think BD will be 2011 WC champs) here?

Then read the thread....posted by BD4eve (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=20711).

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px outset; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 1px outset; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px outset; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 1px outset">When can Bangladesh hope to be among the leading cricket playing nations?

Allister(Academy team coach ): Within five years. I strongly believe that when these players (academy scholars) will form the majority of the team Bangladesh will start winning the Test matches. I also consider Bangladesh as one of the title contenders for the 2011 World Cup because that team will be full of Academy players.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Still you don't believe it? Then I guess you have to ask the question to our (Australian) Academy team coach Allister about that.

bengaltiger
April 20, 2007, 01:22 PM
it's tough talk by us (the b'deshi fans). it's a form of ecouragement. it's pretty early to say whether b'desh will win the next world cup or not.

BANTigress
April 20, 2007, 02:22 PM
let wait nd watch.......4yrs left wow!

TheWatcher
April 20, 2007, 02:49 PM
If anyone who was watching the Indian team right before the WC could honestly say they could win the WC, they were probably smoking stronger stuff than us.
:lol:

bharat
April 20, 2007, 03:07 PM
Why not ?

Thinking abt it, the BD team looks a lot like the Indian team that won in '83.

My best comparison would be Mortaza with Kapil (may be too early ..but )

Mortaza is what Kapil was to the Indian team then..

--The Lone Pacer (ofcourse we had others and BD has others too ..) but it was Kapil and co then and Mortaza and co now.

--A likely candidate for captancy

--A hard hitter (But has to be more consistent to be reach the league of Allrounders)

--Charismatic like Kapil .

And even Tamim might be matured by then ..a la Srikanth to unnerve the bowlers.

what BD needs is just a couple of world class Batsmen in the middle liek Gavaskar,Vishy or Vensarkar.

Saqib,Ash will have to make rapid strides to fill that up.

And more importantly BD has the bits and pieces allrounders that India had then .

GoldenAsif
April 20, 2007, 03:23 PM
A lot of the younger fans on the forum had very unrealistic expectations of the BD cricket team, whereas the older, more mature and more cricket-educated members had their feet on the ground.

I believe anything is possible. BD beat New Zealand, South Africa and India in the past month or so and by 4 years they will be far stronger and will be able to beat these teams on a more regular basis. However the Ozzie dominance of world cup cricket is truly awesome and it seems like they are unstoppable in this world cup and perhaps maybe even in the next, who knows.

So in other words if our cricket team can beat South Africa, India and New Zealand in ODIs (though all 3 of those teams are better than BD) then not only can they do that in 4 years time, they can do it more regularly and perhaps get to the same level as Australia.

zohra
April 20, 2007, 03:39 PM
Quote "then not only can they do that in 4 years time, they can do it more regularly and perhaps get to the same level as Australia."
HaHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHH: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

undertaker
April 20, 2007, 04:11 PM
Any prize for guessing whose signature is this? O i c root cause of this thread ....hahahaha

al Furqaan
April 20, 2007, 04:14 PM
nice post bharat...

btw, how fast was kapil?

sar2005
April 20, 2007, 04:21 PM
Only time can say it. But what the hell wrong in hopping for when we beated all the 4 semifinalists of WC07 on our day??

habfreak
April 20, 2007, 05:42 PM
After the 2003 world cup, who would have thought Bangladesh will last almost a month longer than both India and Pakistan in their very nex WC campaign. Answer? ME and thousands of other fans...
EVERYTHING STARTS WITH A DREAM...and whenever there's a dream; there are people who DOUBT. but that's OK..because that makes the success even sweeter...LIKE RIGHT NOW! TIGERS ALL THE WAY!

habfreak
April 20, 2007, 05:45 PM
BTW...nice post bharat...I was 6 months old when India won in 83 :D, but I think the Tigers look a lot like the Lankan team jsut before they won im 1996....everyones sees the potential...but it's not just coming together..but when it does...WATCH OUT! We already got a preview this time..didn't we?

Anher
April 20, 2007, 06:56 PM
I thought we are going to be Champion in this WC07.:hairpull:

SMHasan
April 20, 2007, 10:21 PM
To Amit

You are jealous. It is as simple as that.

Farhad
April 20, 2007, 11:27 PM
To Amit

You are jealous. It is as simple as that.

Cmon guys...Not much wrong with what he said...Hes got a fair point. Just made a mistake generalising ALL BD fans. Thats about it. Cuz to be honest, we cant really expect to win the 2011 WC YET. Lets give it a year under another coachs tenure and see how it goes. Then we can make the predictions

bd_fan_from_india
April 20, 2007, 11:44 PM
i am not going to pull india into this, so keep this thread out of any india talk. i am only saying that bangladesh winning the 2011 wc will be one of the biggest cricketing upests of all time, bigger than india in 1983 and sl in 1996. bangladesh, needs to improve its batting considerably to be any of the favourites in the 2011 wc. as of now, bangladesh doesnt even have a single hitter and cannot chase scores in excess of 200 regularly, ireland and west indies matches showed that bd lacked big-hitters, someone who can take the game to the opposition. the closest bd has anyone to be called a big-hitter is bds strike bowler mortaza who bats at 8. none of ashraful, aftab, tamim r big-hitters.

when india won in 1983, we had 1-2 big-hitters and 1 pacer and when sri lanka won in 1996, they won bcoz of having 2 big-hitters at the top and 1 pacer. bangladesh, needs to find big-hitters and will need to score over 300+ consistently against top teams to have any hope of winning the world cup. as of now, bangladeshs highest score against a big team is only 265 and overall its 301. and only 5 times bd has made 250 or more against a big team in more than 5 years pulling off only 1 chase of 250 or more in this time. to be even dreaming of winning the world cup, bd needs to score 300+ and pull 250+ chases consistently.

but there is 1 thing, if bd dream of winning the 2011 wc, then they can atleast finish in the top 5.

Kabir
April 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
Amit, I agree with what you're saying. It's unrealistic. But then again, you gotta understand that it's a forum full of crazy fans. And some crazy expectations isn't too hard to digest, is it?

To all members, please don't bring in India into this. Amit's signature should tell you the reason why he should be taken seriously here.

bd_fan_from_india
April 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
another thing, i feel that if the 2015 wc had been held in the sub-continent, then bd would have had a better chance of winning that. bd is going to find it tougher in aussie conditions in 2015

Sohel
April 21, 2007, 12:20 AM
i am not going to pull india into this, so keep this thread out of any india talk. i am only saying that bangladesh winning the 2011 wc will be one of the biggest cricketing upests of all time, bigger than india in 1983 and sl in 1996. bangladesh, needs to improve its batting considerably to be any of the favourites in the 2011 wc. as of now, bangladesh doesnt even have a single hitter and cannot chase scores in excess of 200 regularly, ireland and west indies matches showed that bd lacked big-hitters, someone who can take the game to the opposition. the closest bd has anyone to be called a big-hitter is bds strike bowler mortaza who bats at 8. none of ashraful, aftab, tamim r big-hitters.

when india won in 1983, we had 1-2 big-hitters and 1 pacer and when sri lanka won in 1996, they won bcoz of having 2 big-hitters at the top and 1 pacer. bangladesh, needs to find big-hitters and will need to score over 300+ consistently against top teams to have any hope of winning the world cup. as of now, bangladeshs highest score against a big team is only 265 and overall its 301. and only 5 times bd has made 250 or more against a big team in more than 5 years pulling off only 1 chase of 250 or more in this time. to be even dreaming of winning the world cup, bd needs to score 300+ and pull 250+ chases consistently.

but there is 1 thing, if bd dream of winning the 2011 wc, then they can atleast finish in the top 5.

:karate: This is not just overly patriotic jingoism. We can do it. Good new selectors, a better captain, a good new coach and play, play, play on a variety of wickets... we have a good chance of winning the next WC. All too often consistency bears the fruits of victory, and learning to be consistent, and learning fast is what we'll do. Test cricket will take more time as the new type of cricket culture begins to take root here. We've actually managed to put our country, much to the surprise and shock of many, back on the right path after years of masochism. We'll do the same for our cricket without waiting that long. Thanks for participating. :flag:

gatekeeper
April 21, 2007, 12:34 AM
Wait a second, going thru this thread I almost forgot it is only 2007.

Ganguly da
April 21, 2007, 01:29 AM
Wait a second, going thru this thread I almost forgot it is only 2007.

LOL.....

one thing i don't understand, is why fans always target, the next worldcup, what bout all the cups/series in between? if you can win majority of that, you have set yourself up for a good WC contest.... the target is to win all those championships in the middle.

ammark
April 21, 2007, 04:07 AM
...and its a bit too early to be thinking about 2015 now as well, y'know

Protic
April 21, 2007, 04:29 AM
We might actually be the champs..CONSIDERING THE FACT.. Sub continents doesnt really produces bouncy pithces..and normal pitches..really suits us..eh?

bharat
April 21, 2007, 11:09 AM
nice post bharat...

btw, how fast was kapil?

Kapil was not super express, but would it nicely with the present McGraths and Shaun Pollocks.His nagging line and length along with his lethal out swingers were his asset.

But most importantly he would lead the fast bowling along single handedly in a team donned by spinners ..see a similarity :-)

But one thing that amazes me is that Kapil (except for 1 test whihc he was rested) never missed a single Test due to injury.I think that was phenominal for a fast bowler

mhj007
April 21, 2007, 11:33 AM
just as you expected india to win wc 2007.
Junior

bengaltiger
April 21, 2007, 05:58 PM
But one thing that amazes me is that Kapil (except for 1 test whihc he was rested) never missed a single Test due to injury.I think that was phenominal for a fast bowler

that is quite impressive.

kalpurush
April 22, 2007, 12:11 AM
LOL.....

one thing i don't understand, is why fans always target, the next worldcup, what bout all the cups/series in between? if you can win majority of that, you have set yourself up for a good WC contest.... the target is to win all those championships in the middle.

G da...upni dadar motoi bolechen!...True.:-D

kalpurush
April 22, 2007, 12:19 AM
another thing, i feel that if the 2015 wc had been held in the sub-continent, then bd would have had a better chance of winning that. bd is going to find it tougher in aussie conditions in 2015

...agree with you 100% about 2015. That's why we want to be champ in 2011!!!;) :D

DJ Sahastra
April 22, 2007, 12:22 AM
As i had learnt in my college days, the only thing necessary to fulfil a dream is to have one.

So there is nothing wrong or strange or surprising if BD members are dreaming about BD team winning 2011 WC.

After all, Indian team in 1979 WC had only a win against East Africa and went on to win the 1983 WC.

rah
April 22, 2007, 02:02 PM
you r jus a sad person cant we be positive and be hopeful

fai_hasan
April 23, 2007, 02:04 PM
give your address or any data so that we can send you photo when we would win the world cup.

Beamer
April 23, 2007, 03:01 PM
Kapil was not super express, but would it nicely with the present McGraths and Shaun Pollocks.His nagging line and length along with his lethal out swingers were his asset.

But most importantly he would lead the fast bowling along single handedly in a team donned by spinners ..see a similarity :-)

I thought he was dropped for that infamous shot in Calcutta and not rested ( don't understand that term at all. we use it as well ). Kapil would have got a lot more wkts had he played more on pitches that assisted him. And his batting, when on song, was as good as any batsmen of that era..

BonBon
April 23, 2007, 03:31 PM
Didnt understand the reason for opening this thread..what are you trying to say?

bd_fan_from_india
April 23, 2007, 09:39 PM
i cant understand y is everyone getting after me. bangladesh is no doubt improving and they will win a world cup in the future, but to say they will win it in 2011 is getting way-too-over-excited. bangladesh do not have even 1 big-hitter in their team and to even think of winning the world cup, bangladesh will have to do a lot of work in the next 3.5 years. bangladesh, should try to win asia cups 1st and then move ahead by winning the world cup in all. at best in 2011, bangladesh will be 1 of the darkhorses.

also, cricket is an unpredictable game and anything can happen. who knows none of the existing "top-8" teams might fail to make it into the super-8 in a future world cup when we will be having 32 teams.

DJ Sahastra
April 24, 2007, 12:02 AM
BD Fan from India,

"bangladesh is no doubt improving and they will win a world cup in the future, but to say they will win it in 2011 is getting way-too-over-excited."

What is wrong in being over-excited? Didn't we say we'll win this world-cup when we even failed to get to the Super-8. In retrospection, wasn't that an over-excitrement. And if it was, what was wrong with that?

"bangladesh do not have even 1 big-hitter in their team and to even think of winning the world cup"

You don't need big-hitters to win a world-cup. You can make 183 and still win the world cup. Don't agree with me - Look at 83 world cup. You can win only 3-4 matches, and still win the world cup. Look at 1992 World cup.

"bangladesh will have to do a lot of work in the next 3.5 years"

So will every other team that aspires to win the next world cup.

"bangladesh, should try to win asia cups 1st and then move ahead by winning the world cup in all."

Winning the Asia cups won't guarantee that they can win the world cup, nor not being able to win Asia cups take away their chances.

"at best in 2011, bangladesh will be 1 of the darkhorses"

I am sure some might've bet their last dollar that "at best, BD will win againt Bermuda in 2007 WC".

"also, cricket is an unpredictable game and anything can happen. "

There, you got it :).

"who knows none of the existing "top-8" teams might fail to make it into the super-8 in a future world cup when we will be having 32 teams."

And who knows - there might not be even one of the "existing" super-8 teams into the super-8 of the future world cup.

My simple point - it is pointless on your or anyone's part to try and put limit on what BD fans should dream and hope for. I don't see why they should hope for anything less than the World Cup. And i don't see why anyone should have anything against that.

Kabir
April 24, 2007, 12:15 AM
My simple point - it is pointless on your or anyone's part to try and put limit on what BD fans should dream and hope for. I don't see why they should hope for anything less than the World Cup. And i don't see why anyone should have anything against that.

Nicely put. It's like, going to WC for saying "hello my friend, I'm here to give you a win" instead of saying "hello my friend, I'm here to fight for the cup". :)

In reality, I wouldn't mind if even Ireland, Scotland, and Bermuda dream of winning World Cup. Afterall, it's a dream cup :)

bd_fan_from_india
April 24, 2007, 01:58 AM
dj sahastra, the situation is different now than 1983 and u need big-hitters. u can win a u-19 world cup without a big-hitter as scores of 200 have proved to be match-winning scores at the u-19 level, but in odi level, big-hitters r a must. bangladesh, in their entire odi cricketing history have pulled off only 1 chase of 250 or more and only 3 others between 230-250. also, bd have made only 13 scores of 250 or more and just 1 score of 300+, 301/7 against kenya.

to even dream of winning a wc, a team needs to score 250+ scores regularly and pull off 230+ chases more frequently. bangladesh, should have won against ireland and west indies chasing 243 and 230.

cricfanz
April 24, 2007, 07:44 AM
Yes, we all know we should have won against Ireland and Windies. But its a fallacy to say that to dream, we need to consistently score big. Big scores on utterly flat pitches dont help much, while small totals on a good pitch (with bounce and spin) can be lethal...I know you wont be able to see examples of this in the Bangladeshi game history, but just look at some of India's matches for examples...

Big-hitters often fall flat on their face when they least expect it. I honestly prefer normal consistent batsmen, for comparison purposes look at Dhoni and Dravid, and if anyone says they would choose Dhoni over Dravid, they should be put in a mental institute.

The situation is different now from 1983, and will be different in 2011 than it is now. Lets not talk about the far future and instead concentrate on the coming present? We'll have a more consistent team by then and hence we will continue to dream regardless of what you might have to say to discourage us...

Baundule
April 24, 2007, 08:24 AM
dj sahastra, the situation is different now than 1983 and u need big-hitters. u can win a u-19 world cup without a big-hitter as scores of 200 have proved to be match-winning scores at the u-19 level, but in odi level, big-hitters r a must. bangladesh, in their entire odi cricketing history have pulled off only 1 chase of 250 or more and only 3 others between 230-250. also, bd have made only 13 scores of 250 or more and just 1 score of 300+, 301/7 against kenya.

to even dream of winning a wc, a team needs to score 250+ scores regularly and pull off 230+ chases more frequently. bangladesh, should have won against ireland and west indies chasing 243 and 230.

Your stats actually make me more hopeful.

In early 90s, anything above 150 was a good score for BD and a score of 170/180 batting 50 overs used to be considered as a very good effort. In early 2ks, we asked for scoring 200 runs and now I am very much pleased to see that we have already scored 13 scores of 250+! To me, that's a very good achievement and if our batting is improving in this rate - our bowlers are doing consistently well - Bangladesh can overwhelm any team at any day!

About scoring quickly, we are having very good players from the age level. They are very positive and much skilled than the old guns. You can see this in the scoring rate of Aftab, Ashraful, Sakib, Tamim (his current stat does not tell his actualy ability though).....btw, hitters are not everything for winning matches. If so, Afridi would be the all-time great ODI player.

But well, your stats tell me so many postive stuffs for us that I can start dreaming and our team can start working for the world championship :)

bd_fan_from_india
April 24, 2007, 08:34 AM
let me make this clear - bangladesh winning the world cup in 2011 will be the best thing to ever happen to the game of cricket, even better than sri lanka winning in 1996. and much as everyone out here wants that to happen, but we should be a slightly more realistic. bangladesh, can make it into the semi-finals comfortably in 2011. bangladesh team in 2011 can be like the sri lankan team in 1995/96 which went on to win the world cup, but then bangladesh needs to find big-hitters. sri lanka had 2 of them at the top and started off scoring at 8-10 runs an over in all their matches. i havent seen bangladesh team pull off a 6+ run an over start in any match against a test-playing nation. the most explosive start i remember seeing of bangladesh was 5.5 runs an over against india this wc. even when bd beat aus, the start was only at around 4-4.5 runs an over.

on another thing, with bangladesh dreaming of winning the world cup, should teams like ireland and nepal also start dreaming to win it in 2015?????

Miraz
April 24, 2007, 08:37 AM
on another thing, with bangladesh dreaming of winning the world cup, should teams like ireland and nepal also start dreaming to win it in 2015?????

This last paragraph ruined your whole post which apparently looked logical.

Ireland and Nepal do not have the cricket infrastructure or test status to regularly feature in the big league.

Do you mean Nepal/Ireland stands equal to Bangladesh in 2003?

In that case I have to doubt about your cricketing sense. :)

Kabir
April 24, 2007, 10:36 AM

What he's trying to say is, we should be more realistic in dreaming. If nothing else, we should consult him before we have a dream.

BD_fan_from_India, can I dream of a chicken crossing the street tonight? :D

kkakash
April 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
Everyone is applying logic to something that does not/should not have logic. People will dream, and work towards there dream, regardless of the realist possibility. Hope and dream is the fundamental ingredient to winning. Its that simple. :flag:

Ahmed_B
April 24, 2007, 11:02 AM
This last paragraph ruined your whole post which apparently looked logical.

Ireland and Nepal do not have the cricket infrastructure or test status to regularly feature in the big league.

Do you mean Nepal/Ireland stands equal to Bangladesh in 2003?

"TOYING with sensitive words"... is the other name of Amit aka BD_fan_frm_india. As mentioned by Mahmood bhai already... he bas been banned before by going too far with his "sensitive words". This time around... he is just stepping a bit slower towards his kidding_ploy. ;)

Trying to shape up his posts with logic has never been of much use anyway... :)

WarWolf
April 24, 2007, 12:14 PM
let me make this clear - bangladesh winning the world cup in 2011 will be the best thing to ever happen to the game of cricket, even better than sri lanka winning in 1996. and much as everyone out here wants that to happen, but we should be a slightly more realistic. bangladesh, can make it into the semi-finals comfortably in 2011. bangladesh team in 2011 can be like the sri lankan team in 1995/96 which went on to win the world cup, but then bangladesh needs to find big-hitters. sri lanka had 2 of them at the top and started off scoring at 8-10 runs an over in all their matches. i havent seen bangladesh team pull off a 6+ run an over start in any match against a test-playing nation. the most explosive start i remember seeing of bangladesh was 5.5 runs an over against india this wc. even when bd beat aus, the start was only at around 4-4.5 runs an over.

It is really getting too much. Did you watch the ad in your TV stating "Agla world cup hum layenge"? After watching the ad, did a single BD fan go to any indian cricket forum and give a statement about it? We can dream anything positive about our country. We can dream to be the richest country in the world. Why does that bother to you my friend? Do you have any object about our dreams?

You might have missed a point already. We know how to dream. But we don't get hopeless if our dream doesn't convert into reality. Please don't try to teach us what should we dream. Thanks.

DJ Sahastra
April 24, 2007, 10:53 PM
BF Fan From India,

My final 2 cents.

1. To win the world cup, you don't need to be having pinch-hitters, big hitters, fat hitters nor you need to be consistently scoring 250 or chasing 450 etc. All you need is a team that can play good 8-10 games over a period of 10-20 days.

2. To dream of winning the world cup, and yes, even for Ireland or Nepal, is the right thing to do. To ask them to not dream because of so-and-so reasons is a ridiculous thing to do.

Remember, Kenya reached the last cup's semi-finals. Two more good games, and they would've won the cup!

Sumon77
April 25, 2007, 01:35 AM
Guys, I dont find anything offensive in the post of bd_fan_from_India. there is nothing wrong to dream. But I personally prefer to dream which atleast can be reachable. So for the time being, my dream is to win a test against india in the upcoming series. If in next 2 years we can win couple of test and draw few more, then i will start dreaming for winning 2011 world cup. if we are consistent in test, then eventually our ODI performance will be much much better.
and having 1 ot 2 big hitters is a necessity these days for ODI. may be not that extent like Jaysuria, but atleast someone who can control the game at anytime and change the course in short time. but i think we already have this kind in Tamim, Ash and Aftab though they arent consistant at all yet. May be some good performance in test will make them confident and they will find it easier in ODI then.

mhj007
April 25, 2007, 02:03 AM
hmmmmmmmm.........
Junior

bd_fan_from_india
April 25, 2007, 04:00 AM
my apologies to all who found my posts offensive and thanks to all guys who supported me. we all have a right to dream, even we indians r ourselves dreaming of winning the 2011 wc, so we cant prevent others from dreaming. i was only saying that bd can continue to dream of winning the 2011 wc, its just a diff thing that it has almost 0 chance of happening as bd dont have even 1 big-hitter. over 90% of bd fans think that they r the 2011 champs. i saw huge banners saying "bangladesh - 2011 wc champ" in the wc matches of bangladesh and even out here, many ppl think the same.

but before dreaming of winning the 2011 wc, bd should start dreaming of winning the asia cups.

also, stop bringing india into this just bcoz the person who started the thread happened to be an indian. what if a bangladeshi had started this thread???

i remember in the 2002 champions trophy bangladesh had said - "we can beat australia"

Ahmed_B
April 25, 2007, 07:01 AM
over 90% of bd fans think that they r the 2011 champs.
OK... enough of this useless talks and counter-talks. The above quote proves how much in the dark about BD fan's thoughts and emotions. You are really making a mountain out of nothing here.

And BTW... no BD fan would create this sort of a thread because they would know that the basic assumption of 90% fans believing BD to be the 2007WC champs is a very wrong statement. Many members here have tried to clarify that to you. But you either dont get the basic flaws of your thread-concept or maybe you are just pretending not to get it.

Whatever the reason is... its probably time to stop repeting over and over again that you dont get this and you dont get that.

BanCricFan
April 25, 2007, 08:12 AM
my apologies to all who found my posts offensive and thanks to all guys who supported me. we all have a right to dream, even we indians r ourselves dreaming of winning the 2011 wc, so we cant prevent others from dreaming.

Now the Q is how dare Indians even dream about winning the next WC?? After the debacle of this WC most of the super-stars would have reitred to various professions, such as, chef, fruit-seller, fish-monger, street performer etc. What a waste of talents- I would say!!:p

It seems like you're obssessed with big-hitters. Well, a 17 yr old charging a fast bowler in the WC and dispatching him on the second-tier of the stand goes down as a big hitter in my book. If you are not convinced then wait until the BD v Ind series. There are plenty more where that came from! You might not be surprised but your fellow compatriot Sanjay Manjrekar is amazed by Aftab and his "Six hitting prowess". Dont forget about Mashrafi, until recently, his SR was above 100. His batting career hasn't even began yet! Finally, I'm sure you have seen Ashraful and he is only 22!

Can we dream now, bd-fan-from-ind??

bd_fan_from_india
April 25, 2007, 09:43 AM
bangladesh team does have some players with the potential of becoming big-hitters like tamim iqbal, aftab ahmad, ashraful, but then none of these players have played regular innings with big-hitting. tamim iqbal has played only 1 such innings, the one against india. also aftab and ash have played only 2-3 such innings over the last 2-3 years. its too early to call tamim, aftab or ash as big-hitters now. maybe if they play 1-2 big-hitting innings then they will be called big-hitters as all 3 have the potential.

AsifTheManRahman
April 25, 2007, 10:27 AM
Amit's like your average Bangladeshi batsman - he learns with time, but you still feel he leaves a lot to be desired. Aggression, too much defence and half-hearted shots all combined together. :)

kkakash
April 25, 2007, 04:33 PM
This thread got lot more interesting. <-- Ignore.

Openess allows people to speak regardless of their intelligence. It is up to us to make sure, we are smarter to let it hurt us.

imran78
April 26, 2007, 03:05 AM
even we indians r ourselves dreaming of winning the 2011 wc, so we cant prevent others from dreaming.

lmao!! you cant even make it to the 2nd round of a WC and you are dreaming to win the next WC??? :floor: :floor: :floor:

i would say BD has a better chance of winning the next WC than the [..edit..] indian side has.

cricfanz
April 26, 2007, 03:10 AM
So please, mr bd-fan-from-india, do tell us all what is the exact criteria needed for..

1. being classified as a big-hitter...

2. being allowed to dream and aim a notch higher than what we're likely to be fully capable of by then...

you know, sometimes, u actually make sense. Then u just decide to stop making sense and insult us and worsen our opinion of u....

TheWatcher
April 26, 2007, 03:55 AM
Amit's like your average Bangladeshi batsman - he learns with time, but you still feel he leaves a lot to be desired. Aggression, too much defence and half-hearted shots all combined together. :)
:lol: Good one ATMR.

Actually, the whole thread turned out to be quite funny.

bd_fan_from_india
April 26, 2007, 05:49 AM
So please, mr bd-fan-from-india, do tell us all what is the exact criteria needed for..

1. being classified as a big-hitter...

2. being allowed to dream and aim a notch higher than what we're likely to be fully capable of by then...

you know, sometimes, u actually make sense. Then u just decide to stop making sense and insult us and worsen our opinion of u....

to be a big-hitter u need to play the big-shots consistently and not just be a 1-inning wonder. ash and tamim r still 1-inning wonders until they play 2-3 more similar innings. also, u dont have to be from the big-teams to be a big-hitter. even john davison is a big-hitter despite being from canada.

u can dream much higher than what u r capable of. everyone should have a right to dream.

Ahmed_B
April 26, 2007, 06:28 AM
ash and tamim r still 1-inning wonders until ...
...u can dream much higher than what u r capable of....
At this point... your intensions are quite obvious. Even though you demand that India should not be brought into this conversation and criticized, you don't seem to have any hesitation to directly and indirectly imply how 'incapable' BD team and its certain players are.

Let me clarify it very clearly... that if if continue to show the same tone of posts out here... this thread might soon be locked.

-Mod

radagast
April 26, 2007, 09:37 AM
Why on earth would you lock this tread? Some ppl won’t change their mind no matter what, but some ppl just might! Isn’t that the jest of your signature?

And my dear BFFI, please do you homework before you include ash in the same league with tamim. Off the top of my head, there was the 100 against AUS, 92 of 54 vs England, and most recently 86 against SA. That’s three very good innings against 3, ok fine, 2 very good team. I think we can safely say that boy isn’t a one hit wonder.

akabir77
April 26, 2007, 09:58 AM
to be a big-hitter u need to play the big-shots consistently and not just be a 1-inning wonder. ash and tamim r still 1-inning wonders until they play 2-3 more similar innings. also, u dont have to be from the big-teams to be a big-hitter. even john davison is a big-hitter despite being from canada.

u can dream much higher than what u r capable of. everyone should have a right to dream.

Hey stupid logic maker your logic on big hitter doesn't match with your example. davison is a big hitter with one big hit???
You amit looks like your stay will be very short again here in BC. get a life.

bd_fan_from_india
April 26, 2007, 10:12 AM
Why on earth would you lock this tread? Some ppl won’t change their mind no matter what, but some ppl just might! Isn’t that the jest of your signature?

And my dear BFFI, please do you homework before you include ash in the same league with tamim. Off the top of my head, there was the 100 against AUS, 92 of 54 vs England, and most recently 86 against SA. That’s three very good innings against 3, ok fine, 2 very good team. I think we can safely say that boy isn’t a one hit wonder.

although ash has the potential to become a big-hitter, but to call him a big-hitter now is a overstatement. a big-hitter needs to hit 6s consistently. in the 3 innings u said - the 100 against aus and the 87 against sa did not contain any 6s. and someone who didnt hit any 6 in 2 of his best odi innings cannot be called a big-hitter. even tamim is closer to being called a big-hitter than ash as tamim has hit a few 6s.

the 1 closest enough to being called a big-hitter is mortaza as he has hit 6s consistently against the weaker teams and could continue the same form against the big teams as well as he hit 3 6s in the warm-up against nz.

Zobair
April 26, 2007, 10:20 AM
Amit! how about Aftab as a big hitter? He hit 27 sixes last year (second only to Jayasuriya's 28) and this year he already has 9!

Ehsan
April 26, 2007, 10:41 AM
This is a very lame thread.

As far as big hitters are concerned in the bangladesh team, I would say we have enough big hitters in our team. Ashraful, Aftab, Tamim, Mashrafe, Rafique can all hit the ball out of the stadium. What we need is consistency and thats all. These bunches can and have hit sixes and smashed bowling of teams like Australia, England, South Africa and India. Now, that is upto you if you wanna call these teams as "weak teams".

In conclusion, we have enough Afridis in the team, what we need is more Dravids. Case closed.

radagast
April 26, 2007, 10:53 AM
although ash has the potential to become a big-hitter, but to call him a big-hitter now is a overstatement. a big-hitter needs to hit 6s consistently. in the 3 innings u said - the 100 against aus and the 87 against sa did not contain any 6s. and someone who didnt hit any 6 in 2 of his best odi innings cannot be called a big-hitter. even tamim is closer to being called a big-hitter than ash as tamim has hit a few 6s.

the 1 closest enough to being called a big-hitter is mortaza as he has hit 6s consistently against the weaker teams and could continue the same form against the big teams as well as he hit 3 6s in the warm-up against nz.

LOL.. you are a pincher aren't U! Your compliments always seems to have a BUT in the end. mortaza as he has hit 6s consistently against the weaker teams Weaker team?? :floor: Don't really keep track of stats religiously, but how about his innings against SA. Or are u calling SA weak team. Ohh.. I see.. you just have a point there, specially after yesterdays match.. HMMM...E-)

Wait we are talking about big hitter here then... not good.. consistant batsmen. Personally I don't really care about big hitters. For me, slow and steady batsman builds the innings, big hitters throws the bat around, gets a couple of sixes, then gets himself out, puts the other batsman and team under pressure. Not to mention causes my heartrate to go up.

But have to admit it though, whenever we needed a big hitter, someone steped up. As far as I can rememeber, Pilot hit a six and won the ICC final, Aftab hit a six against Aus and we won that one too. Stat crazy ppl, I am pretty sure you guys can give us couple of more examples. Go nuts.

radagast
April 26, 2007, 10:56 AM

As far as big hitters are concerned in the bangladesh team, I would say we have enough big hitters in our team. Ashraful, Aftab, Tamim, Mashrafe, Rafique can all hit the ball out of the stadium. What we need is consistency and thats all. These bunches can and have hit sixes and smashed bowling of teams like Australia, England, South Africa and India. Now, that is upto you if you wanna call these teams as "weak teams".

In conclusion, we have enough Afridis in the team, what we need is more Dravids. Case closed.

Thank you very much - couldn't have said it better myself. And as you can see, I tried! E-)

Sumon77
April 26, 2007, 10:29 PM

nicely summed up.

DJ Sahastra
April 27, 2007, 12:20 AM
Bangladesh Cricket Team is neither in need of big-hitters nor pinch-hitters. It just needs a couple of batsman who can instill a sense of reassurance, consistency and stability.

Fow now, the players are a flashy bunch. And that is not necessarily a bad thing - it has it's shock and awe value. For example a couple of those flashy players have a good day and they can upset any team's apple-cart. But over a longer run, BD might need a few players who can settle down and consolidate. That way, the inning execution can be planned better.

Ashraful has the ability to transition from flashy to stable and consistent. From the rest, Nafees (Shahriar) IMO, still has the potential to be groomed and must be groomed. Rest of the bunch will provide good service till such time as there is a more balanced team.

This is besides whatever direction this thread is going.

jabbar
April 27, 2007, 03:33 AM
i think all the shouting of "WC 2011 champs" is just rhetoric chanted by all fans. You have to be pretty gullible to actually believe that we believe that BD will be 2011 champs.... Realistically, we will probably make the semifinals of 2011 :D

bd_fan_from_india
April 27, 2007, 07:57 AM
about the big-hitters thing, if u have so many big-hitters as u guys r claiming, then y did bd turn up just 1 200+ score in the 7 full-length matches in the wc. with so many big-hitters there should have been atleast 5 200+ scores in the wc. bd could manage only 143 against england and 169 against ireland despite having so many "big-hitters"

cricfanz
April 27, 2007, 09:06 AM
Its because of all these great big-hitters that we turned up so many low scores...

I hate to do this, but if you've watched enough cricket, you would realise that big hitters also tend to get out more easily than grafters...Dhoni vs Kaif/Dravid..

big hitters is NOT = big score...

and about john davison, comon man, even Harbhajan Singh is a bigger hitter than him..and for goodness's sake, anyone would say Tamim and Ashraful are bigger hitters than john davison..Just because Davison has become famous with his fastest hundred, as you defined a big-hitter to be, he apparently needs to do it in more matches, which I think Bhajji, Ash, Mash, Tamim (and the list will go on) has done more than him...

This thread is actually getting illogical..

cricfanz
April 27, 2007, 09:07 AM
Bangladesh Cricket Team is neither in need of big-hitters nor pinch-hitters. It just needs a couple of batsman who can instill a sense of reassurance, consistency and stability.

Fow now, the players are a flashy bunch. And that is not necessarily a bad thing - it has it's shock and awe value. For example a couple of those flashy players have a good day and they can upset any team's apple-cart. But over a longer run, BD might need a few players who can settle down and consolidate. That way, the inning execution can be planned better.

Ashraful has the ability to transition from flashy to stable and consistent. From the rest, Nafees (Shahriar) IMO, still has the potential to be groomed and must be groomed. Rest of the bunch will provide good service till such time as there is a more balanced team.

This is besides whatever direction this thread is going.

I agree 100%..thats what BD needs more than our "big-hitters"...or at least we need more sensible batsmen...

Tehsin
April 27, 2007, 04:46 PM
I had a dream that Bangladesh would one day win the ICC Trophy - We did
I had a dream that Bangladesh would one day play the world cup - We did
I had a dream that Bangladesh would one day beat one of our Asian Super teams - We did
I had a dream that Bangladesh would one day get ODI status - We did
I had a dream that Bangladesh would one day get Test status - We did
I had a dream that Bangladesh would one day beat the world number one - We Did (Twice - Australia and SA)
I had a dream that Bangladesh would go to the second round of the 2007 world cup - We did (and we beat SA as bonus, then we saw that the irish dreamt harder and their dream came true)

See a pattern here ?

DREAMS have a way of coming true, don't they ? Last time I checked, I do not need to get permission or try to give anyone any .. reason for my dreams.

I do like the COMEDY RELIEF. Keep 'em coming. I hope BFFI is kidding around cause no one can be this stupid. There, I couldn't resist. What can I say, some people have the ability to force the ugly truth out of you and I'm only human. Loved the sensible posts, trying to bring logic to something like this.

By the way, how do you guys like my Sig ? :). Yep, BIIIIG dreamer.

Tehsin
April 27, 2007, 04:48 PM
Bangladesh - World Champions
World Cup 2011

বাংলাদেশ - বিশ্ব Champion
বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট 2011

Kabir
April 27, 2007, 05:03 PM
You just said a million things in your last post Tehsin bhai.

But honestly, if we did start taxing you for dreaming, we'ld be millionaires by now...with all your dreams coming true :D

israr
April 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
World Cup 2011

বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট 2011

YEAH MAN! Thats the spirit!:flag:

To the ''others'', I know how it feels. Consult a pscychatrist.

Kabir
April 27, 2007, 05:31 PM
Tehsin bhai egiye cholen amra asi apnar pise... :up:

World Cup 2011

বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট 2011

ialbd
April 27, 2007, 06:25 PM
shetai... shopno jodi dekhi to kom kore dekhar ki dorkar....

atleast we can say Bangladeshis learnt to dream; dream to be the champions....

Sovik
April 27, 2007, 06:27 PM
atleast we started dreaming. now its up to them to make it happen.

SMHasan
April 27, 2007, 09:07 PM
World Cup 2011

বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট 2011

Now it's high time to edit your sig :) otherwise me, the chief moderator will do it for you :)

-Chinaman
Chief Moderator
BC

Ehsan
April 27, 2007, 09:12 PM
about the big-hitters thing, if u have so many big-hitters as u guys r claiming, then y did bd turn up just 1 200+ score in the 7 full-length matches in the wc. with so many big-hitters there should have been atleast 5 200+ scores in the wc. bd could manage only 143 against england and 169 against ireland despite having so many "big-hitters"

Because they are not CONSISTENT. Most big hitters are not consistent, and I already gave you the example of one of the great big hitters in world cricket - Afridi, look at his average.

About Ireland, it was the bouncy pitch that not only us but most subcontinent have problems playing in.

Anyways, no point talking on this. What you need to do first is figure out the definition of "big hitter".

Shafin
April 28, 2007, 12:27 AM
We do not need big hitters,what we need is this present group to perform quickly.
Look at SL,they made 289 against NZ without Joya,Ireland won against us with singles,All in Aus iare clean hitters,but they take regular singles,too.

However, wait till Zunaid Siddique comes out,he might will be your man.

WarWolf
April 28, 2007, 07:57 AM
I had a dream that Bangladesh would one day beat one of our Asian Super teams - We did
I had a dream that Bangladesh would one day beat the world number one - We Did (Twice - Australia and SA)
I had a dream that Bangladesh would go to the second round of the 2007 world cup - We did (and we beat SA as bonus, then we saw that the irish dreamt harder and their dream came true)

See a pattern here ?

DREAMS have a way of coming true, don't they ? Last time I checked, I do not need to get permission or try to give anyone any .. reason for my dreams.

I do like the COMEDY RELIEF. Keep 'em coming. I hope BFFI is kidding around cause no one can be this stupid. There, I couldn't resist. What can I say, some people have the ability to force the ugly truth out of you and I'm only human. Loved the sensible posts, trying to bring logic to something like this.

Well said, just spot on. I think Tehsin bhai summerized why do we need to dream.

bd_fan_from_india
May 1, 2007, 12:00 PM

tehsin bhai, in none of these dreams above u mentioned the year in which the dream will occur. u have a dream that bangladesh one day will win the wc and it will happen one day, but not in 2011. maybe sometime in 2015, 2019 or 2023 but will happen very soon.

coming soon -

bangladesh dream of winning odi series v ind - 2007
bangladesh dream of winning asia cup 2008
bangladesh dream of winning odi series v aus - 2008
bangladesh dream of winning icc champions trophy 2010

Tehsin
May 2, 2007, 07:50 AM
Amit, how old are you now ? You still post like a 12-13 year old. Which is kinda sad, don't you think ? I take it back, we've had 12-13 year olds posting more intelligently in here. That makes your posts even more daft.

Knowing how pathetic you are, you'll probably come back after the WC of 2011 to gloat IF Bangladesh doesn't win.

For your information - I have no dream of winning the asia cup. It won't be bad but it's one of those tournaments that matter very less. Heck, they can't even hold the tournament on a regular basis. ODI series against India ? Would be nice but I'd really like to win the ODi series against Australia and it'll be a while before we can do it. I don't have a timetable on that either. Why don't you worry about growing up and realize that our dreams are NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

IF you try to tell me what wecan and can not do one more time, your posts will start vanishing. :)

By the way, remove your sign or I'll do it for you. I don't want to see Bangladesh and minnows in the same sentence. IN fact, since you like to tell us about dreams. I'm telling you to replace your current sig and change it to - "Bangladesh - World Champions - World Cup 2011". IF you don't do it, your posts will start vanishing. That's a promise. In fact, I have a dream that AMIT will one day grow up and stop being a chichka eedoor.

GoldenAsif
May 3, 2007, 01:16 PM
World Cup 2011

বিশ্বকাপ ক্রিকেট 2011

Heheh.

That's the spirit.

The tiger spirit!

http://webpages.csus.edu/~sac89815/TigerRoar.jpg

http://simpler-solutions.net/pmachinefree/images/uploads/tiger-roar.jpg

undertaker
May 3, 2007, 02:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHA BANGLADESH WOULD BE WORLD CHAMPUS IN THEIR DREAMS ONLY. THEY ARE SLEEPING NOW, SO LET THEM SLEEP N DREAM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. CANT WAIT TO C INDIA THRASH THEM AND THEY WAKE UP TO REALITY THAT BANGLADESH ARE ALWAYS MINNOWS :lol:

Kabir
May 3, 2007, 02:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHA BANGLADESH WOULD BE WORLD CHAMPUS IN THEIR DREAMS ONLY. THEY ARE SLEEPING NOW, SO LET THEM SLEEP N DREAM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. CANT WAIT TO C INDIA THRASH THEM AND THEY WAKE UP TO REALITY THAT BANGLADESH ARE ALWAYS MINNOWS :lol:

Sorry, but your English is pathetic. It should be like, your English will always be pathetic. Talk about Bangladesh cricket once you learn how to speak in English or Bangla. Otherwise, buzz off.

Something tells me it's one of those guys who got banned a few days ago. Or, it's probably Amit himself. Anyone can verify this for me please?

Ehsan
May 3, 2007, 02:45 PM
Undertaker,
You have violated our forum rules earlier too. This time you have violated the forum rule by posting in all caps. Please review our board rules by going here: http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item

Take this as a warning. I would give you the benefit of doubt and would ask you to edit your post to comply with the board rules. If you do not edit your post withing 2 days of this notice, it will be deleted.

A.2: Maintain a pleasant reading environment

A.2.1: Avoid all caps, all bold, excessively large fonts or excessive number of emoticons.

Ehsan
- Mod

GoldenAsif
May 3, 2007, 03:01 PM

You live and learn something new every day.

I had never heard of the word "CHAMPUS" before undertaker used it. I hope he will enlighten us as to what it means.

Also if BD are always minnows, what does that make the Indian team who got kicked out of the world cup early and didn't even make the super-8s...are they "super-minnows". LOL.

layperson
May 3, 2007, 03:45 PM
Ei thread ta bondho kore deyar dorkar temporarily. Even tehsin bhai emotionally onek kisu post kore felsen jeita forum rule er baire. amar mone hoy eita k koekdin er jonno bondho kore dile shobai thanda hoye jabe. ami jehutu ei BFFI k age theke chini nah eijonno hoyto jani nah shobai or upor eto khepa keno. but jai hok hp ei thread ta temporarily lock kore dibe keo.

Hatebreed
May 3, 2007, 03:58 PM

You are a serious case of patheticus ultimus. As if your team will even qualify for second round in next WC, coz your demigods Tenduly and Gangulkar won't be there anymore. Now go crawl back under the rock you came from. Loser. L-)