PDA

View Full Version : Two enjoyable impacts of BD team on other WC2007 teams!

Ahmed_B
April 21, 2007, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else feels like me... but, as far as I feel, the great performance of the very young Bangladesh team has opened some eyes for sure in world cricket. The cricket-world was shocked for the first time when Bangladesh beat India and then entered the super-8.. and once again they looked in disbelief when the no-1 ranked SA fell to the tigres!

And interestingly enough, the tigers made some impacts on the other Test-teams in two ways:

1)... Many other teams have started to re-think their squad and have already started to give chances to younger players in the squad... or atleast have started to believe that their future team should have ample power of youth!

2) Watching the BD spin-trio do so well in the whole tournament... other teams seem to have been trying out an extra-spinner in their squad(SL?NZ?)... even though most of them came to the WC thinking that it will be a pacer-friendly place and thats what the had in mind.

The tigers surely seem to have much greater impact on the other current teams than expected which is surely an extra achievement in the WC2007! ;)

Yasin
April 21, 2007, 12:54 PM
Also with Sayed Rasel doing so weel upfront many bowlers are beginning to take pace off their ball more often than not.

BANTigress
April 21, 2007, 01:17 PM
yep dey were kind of surprise package..nobody knew wt ws gonna happen...

adel
April 21, 2007, 08:29 PM
yeah...let's not forget how bd opened up the entire world cup in tersm of semi-final places by beating rsa...even tough in the end it did not change of effect anything...

Rabz
April 22, 2007, 08:19 AM
Ha ha..
the wind of change i say??

who would hv thought that other "established" cricketing countries will try to emulate our way of cricket.

If that is any indication to go by,
Are we the next Superpower in world cricket??
( i meant in about 4-5 years time..)

psj
April 22, 2007, 09:44 AM
Kenya reached the Semi Final of last world cup.Where were they this World Cup?true BD did well this world cup,bt to say that all countries are emulating BD's practices is taking it a bit overboard.I read some Thread here stating Aussie Fast bowlers are emulating BD by using slow bowls...I thgt that thread was meant to be a joke.....

Ahmed_B
April 22, 2007, 10:18 AM
Kenya reached the Semi Final of last world cup.Where were they this World Cup?true BD did well this world cup,bt to say that all countries are emulating BD's practices is taking it a bit overboard.I read some Thread here stating Aussie Fast bowlers are emulating BD by using slow bowls...I thgt that thread was meant to be a joke.....
1) If you expect BD cricket to fall as much as Kenya... then you probably are in absolute darkness about the Cricket structure in BD now. Kenya and BD were teams of similar strength 5/6 years back... and now compare their stands and you will get the answer.

2)About the Aussi bowlers trying slower delivery... wel it was a FACT and not a 'joke thread'. :) The aussies were practically trying it in a match and the commentators were mentioning about BD's success with Rassel's bowling and were comparing it. You probably missed the game.

Finally... you will hooefully get few more answers of your curiosities in the upcoming BD-IND match.. :)

Ahmed_B
April 22, 2007, 10:21 AM
1) If you expect BD cricket to fall as much as Kenya... then you probably are in absolute darkness about the Cricket structure in BD now. Kenya and BD were teams of similar strength 5/6 years back... and now compare their stands and you will get the answer.

2)About the Aussi bowlers trying slower delivery... wel it was a FACT and not a 'joke thread'. :) The aussies were practically trying it in a match and the commentators were mentioning about BD's success with Rassel's bowling and were comparing it. You probably missed the game.

Finally... you will hopefully get few more answers of your curiosities in the upcoming BD-IND match.. :)

gatekeeper
April 22, 2007, 04:50 PM
,bt to say that all countries are emulating BD's practices is taking it a bit overboard.I read some Thread here stating Aussie Fast bowlers are emulating BD by using slow bowls...I thgt that thread was meant to be a joke.....

Noone saying other countries are following our style. What this thread implies is that certain aspects of Bangladesh's style/strategy is being taken into consideration by a few other teams.

If you thing Keneyan and Bangladeshi cricket/ cricket structure are the same then I must say that your knowledge of cricket itself is limited. The reason why BD has so many young players is because of the developement program put in place with Australia's help. These players are not only young but the best is BD, which means there's a rich pipeline and it'll onbly get better from here.

gatekeeper
April 22, 2007, 04:54 PM
I'm not sure if anyone else feels like me... but, as far as I feel, the great performance of the very young Bangladesh team has opened some eyes for sure in world cricket. The cricket-world was shocked for the first time when Bangladesh beat India and then entered the super-8.. and once again they looked in disbelief when the no-1 ranked SA fell to the tigres!

And interestingly enough, the tigers made some impacts on the other Test-teams in two ways:

1)... Many other teams have started to re-think their squad and have already started to give chances to younger players in the squad... or atleast have started to believe that their future team should have ample power of youth!

2) Watching the BD spin-trio do so well in the whole tournament... other teams seem to have been trying out an extra-spinner in their squad(SL?NZ?)... even though most of them came to the WC thinking that it will be a pacer-friendly place and thats what the had in mind.

The tigers surely seem to have much greater impact on the other current teams than expected which is surely an extra achievement in the WC2007! ;)

I saw Shane Watson and another England batsman trying that paddle scoop A La Ashraful.

Hatebreed
April 22, 2007, 05:40 PM
I saw Shane Watson and another England batsman trying that paddle scoop A La Ashraful.

I saw De Villiers try it... and get out.

ammark
April 22, 2007, 08:29 PM
..a la Ashraful.

akabir77
April 22, 2007, 09:28 PM
And how other teams r trying to survive first few overs (except Australia) like gollu did.. ok here comes the stones...lol

One World
April 22, 2007, 11:05 PM
Nice thread. Will we be trying to do the same thing specially in terms of field placings?

al Furqaan
April 23, 2007, 12:21 AM
impact:

SRT, gangs, bhajji, aggy, and irfy all dropped...

cant get better than that.

gatekeeper
April 23, 2007, 12:29 AM

I was watching the highlights of the SL/NZ game. After Scott Styris played that shot Ian Bishop actually called it "The Asrhraful" shot.

Ahmed_B
April 23, 2007, 01:17 PM
After Scott Styris played that shot Ian Bishop actually called it "The Asrhraful" shot.
:D ...