PDA

View Full Version : Should Dave Whatmore be given honourary Bangladeshi citizenship?

GoldenAsif
April 24, 2007, 01:47 PM
YES..

or

NO...?

I say YES..for obvious reasons.

;)

What do you think?

Kabir
April 24, 2007, 02:20 PM
Before asking should he be given an honorary citizenship, ask whether he wants one or not. It's not like a US citizenship you're talking about that everyone will jump in.

Fazal
April 24, 2007, 02:31 PM
What happend to that land in Cox bazzar that the government allocated to boxing legend Md. Ali?

If he is not using it, can we reallocate it to Dav then?

User Name
April 24, 2007, 02:35 PM
what is "honorary citizenship"?

Tigers_eye
April 24, 2007, 04:02 PM
If Mr. Gordon G. can have then he should have a full citizenship and the passport should be issued right away and the Govt should bear the expense. If he cares to use that is his issue.

Sauron
April 24, 2007, 04:18 PM
Before asking should he be given an honorary citizenship, ask whether he wants one or not. It's not like a US citizenship you're talking about that everyone will jump in.

Why this self-loathing??? If we don't respect ourselves, who else will? So you think Honorary BD citizenship is contingent upon the recipient's eagerness?

Anyway, I agree with Fazal, if Ali is not using the land at Cox's Bazar, let's give it to Dav, along with a brand new passport. In future I am sure that we can re-use that piece of land for another non-citizen.

akabir77
April 24, 2007, 04:23 PM
No

Gordon got it cause it was historical thing for us.

If we had won a WC then I would have gone with yes. but just for performance improvement hell no.

Beside he earned enough so if he wants i am sure he can buy a place in cox's bazar.

gatekeeper
April 24, 2007, 05:38 PM
So when exactly does the India/BD series begin? I want to know so I can figure how many days we'll have to endure meaningless threads.

Kabir
April 24, 2007, 06:17 PM
So when exactly does the India/BD series begin? I want to know so I can figure how many days we'll have to endure meaningless threads.

Go to www.banglacricket.com and on the right hand side is some information regarding that. May come in handy at times!

shahir001
April 24, 2007, 07:26 PM
I think yes. Gordon Grinidge helped us come to the International level and Dav has helped us to make a stand here.

cricketboy
April 24, 2007, 09:10 PM
No, he was a professional who just did his job well.

gatekeeper
April 24, 2007, 09:16 PM
Go to www.banglacricket.com and on the right hand side is some information regarding that. May come in handy at times!

Excuse me?

desirocker
April 24, 2007, 09:34 PM
NO. but deserves to be given an honourary farewell.........

kalpurush
April 24, 2007, 09:46 PM
YES..

or

NO...?

I say YES..for obvious reasons.

;)

What do you think?

Bhai...shasur banaiya falan...ter citizenship aro pakapakibhabey pukto hobey!;) :D

Kabir
April 24, 2007, 09:53 PM
Excuse me?

The instructions were clear. Just meant to give you a clear idea about how long you may need to wait to see some good discussion!

gatekeeper
April 24, 2007, 09:57 PM
The instructions were clear. Just meant to give you a clear idea about how long you may need to wait to see some good discussion!

Mmmm...that long!!!

One World
April 24, 2007, 10:22 PM
There will be a line for coaching job in front of US Cric Assoc. building.

Sumon77
April 25, 2007, 02:00 AM
There will be a line for coaching job in front of US Cric Assoc. building.
:floor: :floor:

Sumon77
April 25, 2007, 02:01 AM
Not necessary I think, but he deserves a nice farewell.

crickwizard
April 25, 2007, 02:04 AM
Sad indeed, you being an editor who is gonna edit this now?

crickwizard
April 25, 2007, 02:07 AM
terrible proposal, sorry. Dave did a good job and got himself promoted to world market and paid enough. That does not warrent the highest honor. Didnt we do this for Gordon and Md Ali? what gets?

Baundule
April 25, 2007, 03:26 AM
A big no!
We know what happened to Gordon Greenidge. I dont say that having a Bangladeshi citizenship is a dishonor, it is a honor indeed. But I want to avoid 'oti vokti' and then disgracing the superman.

Rabz
April 25, 2007, 06:07 AM
No

Gordon got it cause it was historical thing for us.

If we had won a WC then I would have gone with yes. but just for performance improvement hell no.

Beside he earned enough so if he wants i am sure he can buy a place in cox's bazar.

very well said.
my words would hv bn the same.

this "oti vokti" is indeed not an ideal thing.

Sovik
April 25, 2007, 07:00 AM
we could name a stand of Mirpur stadium after him.

razee
April 25, 2007, 10:27 AM
I definitely respect DAV for wat he did, but he didn't do any such thing so that we can make our national citizenship so cheap to get, he just did the things that a good professional coach does......

mhj007
April 25, 2007, 11:07 AM
i think he could be given,but if he is not given,i m also not complaining.its bit 50-50.
Junior

Fortuner
April 25, 2007, 02:27 PM
i dnt think we shld give him honorary citizenship but yeah we shld give him some memo...some special award and all..we shld bid him gud fairwell..win atleast 1 odi n draw 1 test..gud perfomance by the players will do

cricketboy
April 25, 2007, 07:06 PM
we could name a stand of Mirpur stadium after him.

Never. Manjarul Islam Rana deserves it more.

Protic
April 26, 2007, 02:52 AM
No.. :)