PDA

View Full Version : Here's to hoping for a less disappointing WC in 2011...

goru
April 28, 2007, 07:49 PM
One of the best World Cups, in my recent memory, was the one in the subcontinent in '96 (although I enjoyed the '92 one a lot more because of the tremendous comeback by Pakistan). Since then, I haven't really enjoyed the competition as much, and the 2007 one was mostly one big farce right down to the end. Hopefully, we, along with our neighbors, will be hosting a more fulfilling and less farcical competition 4 years from now, and all the subcontinental teams will perform much better to draw huge crowds (as long as ICC are not stupid about ticket prices again).

Kabir
April 28, 2007, 08:26 PM
Emm. And your point is? Sorry goru bhai, just saying hamba isn't clear enough for me :)

Ahmed_B
April 28, 2007, 11:42 PM
[deleted-wrong thread]

battye
April 29, 2007, 04:32 AM
I hope EVERY ground in the 2011 World Cup has floodlights.

If the West Indies had floodlights, the whole farce could have been avoided by turning the game into a day nighter and waiting for the rain to pass.

kalpurush
April 29, 2007, 11:07 AM
I hope EVERY ground in the 2011 World Cup has floodlights.

If the West Indies had floodlights, the whole farce could have been avoided by turning the game into a day nighter and waiting for the rain to pass.

It's not all about rain....the organization and management as well was a big farce.:(

kalpurush
April 29, 2007, 11:10 AM
Emm. And your point is? Sorry goru bhai, just saying hamba isn't clear enough for me :)

He wants bragror kengaru vokhon in 2011!:D
ছিল্লা কাইটা লবন লাগায় দিমু!! er khamu!!

Hatebreed
April 29, 2007, 12:14 PM
Why do we need another thread for this..