PDA

View Full Version : Bangla TV are so illegal!!!

cric crazy
April 29, 2007, 09:17 AM
i 4ogot to mention earlier in the world cup that every bd matches were shown on bangla tv illegally. there was a small television with two or three presenters around it in the studio and the camera man zoomed into the TV. they were watching it from sky sports and broadcasted it live to the public. they made me laugh so much!!! your thoughts on that please.
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

shamster
April 29, 2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks for sharing that with us at a convinient time !

cric crazy
April 29, 2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks for sharing that with us at a convinient time !
why did you have to say that. couldn't you see that i said that i 4ogot to mention it before? think before you say something!!!!

Miraz
April 29, 2007, 09:44 AM
cric_crazy, you've got some wrong information.

1. Bangla TV only showed the matches involving Bangladesh only not all of the matches of WC.

2. They showed it via the weblink not from Sky Sports.

3. It was not live telecast, they had 40% discussion time and 60% match viewing to make it legal and it was about 8-10 minutes delayed transmission.

4. The TV on the studio was a 46" one, not a small television.

They tried to reach the Bangladeshi people around the Europe to give them the taste of Bangladesh cricket in World Cup.

Thanks

cric crazy
April 29, 2007, 09:57 AM
cric_crazy, you've got some wrong information.

1. Bangla TV only showed the matches involving Bangladesh only not all of the matches of WC.

errm, i dont think i said that. i think that i coherently said that bangla tv broadcasted all of bd matches!!! read carefully please!
L-) :mad: :hairpull:

Miraz
April 29, 2007, 10:07 AM
errm, i dont think i said that. i think that i coherently said that bangla tv broadcasted all of bd matches!!! read carefully please!
L-) :mad: :hairpull:

Yap! you are right. Missed "bd" in your post.

Was expecting Bangladesh or at least BD which we are used to.

cric crazy
April 29, 2007, 10:19 AM
i did use the word bd but not in capitals

kalpurush
April 29, 2007, 10:54 AM
why did you have to say that. couldn't you see that i said that i 4ogot to mention it before? think before you say something!!!!

cric:mad: crazy bhai (!): Bangla TV is in England, right?...where copy right matthers. If they were broadcasting illegal...they could be fined big bucks...which might cost them to be deuliya?!!....so pls. read your above comments again!!!;) :-D

SMHasan
April 29, 2007, 10:59 AM
They used Dish network link. Now the question is did they get the permission from Dish network? If it wasn't dish network then did they get the permissiojn from the weblink provider? AFAIK only sky sports got the rights of both tv and internet in the UK. So it's highly unlikely that it is legally done by Bangla tv.

Even if they got the permission from the web link provider I think they did something illegal. Because they used the programme to make money from the phone calls made by the public, may be illegal.

Miraz
April 29, 2007, 11:08 AM
Even if they got the permission from the web link provider I think they did something illegal. Because they used the programme to make money from the phone calls made by the public, may be illegal.

Hasan bhai, not sure about the legality of the weblink right or TV right but definitely the last part you mentioned is legal.

I think you don't watch TV channels like, Channel 4, ITV2, ITV 3, GMTV, UKTV that often. Phone in programmes using premium numbers are common culture in UK TV channels, not sure about USA. :)

Even BBC has Phone-in programmes.

cric crazy
April 29, 2007, 11:11 AM
They used Dish network link. Now the question is did they get the permission from Dish network? If it wasn't dish network then did they get the permissiojn from the weblink provider? AFAIK only sky sports got the rights of both tv and internet in the UK. So it's highly unlikely that it is legally done by Bangla tv.

thank you, at last someone understands! you are absouletly right my friend.

ialbd
April 29, 2007, 12:01 PM
yea of course cric_crazy bhai, this is illegal and no sane people will disagree to that. With the quality of production described it is almost impossible for them to have a legal right to broadcast...

but the thing is r u going to sell them out ? or think of the thousands of bangladeshis all over europe who cant afford 200 euro to see their team playing...

I know to condone a crime is as bad as committing crime, but we have to do it so many times in life as a Bangladeshi, dont we......

Kabir
April 29, 2007, 12:36 PM
yea of course cric_crazy bhai, this is illegal and no sane people will disagree to that

But Miraz bhai already disagreed...so that meansss??? :floor:

Farhad
April 29, 2007, 02:00 PM
Im not sure whether it was illegal. I guess that makes me insane in some of our books, but theres a law that states that you can broadcast videos as long as it isnt the whole thing. Thats how all the news shows can broadcast some parts of the matches. They dont have to take permission for that, to rip it off some other channel. Only BBC paid to have those Highlights, thats why its the only channel (thats shows news highlights) through which you cant see another channels logo on. According to Miraz bhai, Bangla TV only showed a little over half the match, so I guess they took advantage of that loophole in the law. I could be wrong though...

undertaker
April 29, 2007, 02:41 PM
i 4ogot to mention earlier in the world cup that every bd matches were shown on bangla tv illegally. there was a small television with two or three presenters around it in the studio and the camera man zoomed into the TV. they were watching it from sky sports and broadcasted it live to the public. they made me laugh so much!!! your thoughts on that please.
:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

I know why Miraz is vehemently protesting about the (il)legality of Bangla TV because he was one of these presenters. All these people who broke the copyright law and did not take adequate permission should be reported to Sky, Dish and other providers and be sued for million bucks.Whats the number to lodge a complain?

Miraz
April 29, 2007, 03:01 PM
I know why Miraz is vehemently protesting about the (il)legality of Bangla TV because he was one of these presenters. All these people who broke the copyright law and did not take adequate permission should be reported to Sky, Dish and other providers and be sued for million bucks.Whats the number to lodge a complain?

Undertaker, get your facts right.

I was a guest in their show not a presenter.

I am vehemently protesting about the legality? have you read my posts?

Hasan bhai, not sure about the legality of the weblink right or TV right but definitely the last part you mentioned is legal.

Phone in programmes using premium numbers are common culture in UK TV channels, not sure about USA. :)
Even BBC has Phone-in programmes.

The only part that I am confident is legal is the phone-in part of the program and that's I tried to clarify.

Read through the posts before jumping in any conclusions.

Thanks.

Zobair
April 29, 2007, 03:33 PM
What is the point of this thread?

Kabir
April 29, 2007, 03:50 PM
What is the point of this thread?

One more thread under the belt of the thread opener, and a few more posts under the belt of posters in the thread. That's all.

My suggestion (and only a suggestion): please lock and delete this.

Nocturnal
April 29, 2007, 03:56 PM

My suggestion (and only a suggestion): please lock and delete this.

Good idea and plz do the same with few others too. Too many now a days.