PDA

View Full Version : *sigh* Kenya vs BD A

Tehsin
August 17, 2002, 01:24 PM
BD A sent on cherry chase

Sports Reporter

The Bangladesh A team were hammered on the opening day of their three-day tour match against Kenya Cricket Association (KCA) at the Aga Khan Sports ground yesterday.
The home side piled up 452-6 at stumps, according to a message received here last night.

The second string national side found themselves in deep trouble as soon as captain Sanwar Hossain won the toss and decided to field.

It was learnt that Kenya fielded a full strength side and virtually destroyed the Bangladesh attack. At one stage the Kenyans were strongly placed at 201 for the loss of one wicket.

Young right-arm seamer Anwar Hossain Munir and Mohammad Ashraful took two wickets each.

The four players left out of the match are off-spinner Sabbir Khan, opening batsman Rafiqul, right-arm seamer Alamgir and leg-spinner Mosaddek Hossain.

The Bangladesh A team are now in the African nation to play two three-day matches and three limited-overs games.

Mahmood
August 17, 2002, 07:48 PM
452 runs in one day.

Thats consistent. BD is very consistent to give the same amount of runs to opponents, even Kenya.

Bravo.

fwullah
August 17, 2002, 11:53 PM
It seems like Steve Tikolo wasn't in the side, otherwise, he also would have scored a double hundred or something like that.

KCA XI in a super start
By Alari Alare

Opener Ravindu Shah smashed 184 runs as the Kenya Cricket Association (KCA) XI put in 452 runs for the loss of six wickets against the Bangladesh “A” yesterday as their three-dayer started at the Aga Khan Sports Club.

Batting brilliantly, Ravindu hit the boundary 31 times from 170 balls he faced during his 267 minutes stay on the crease before he was trapped lbw off Anwar Hossain’s ball.

Maurice Odumbe who was not-out for 68 sent the stadium to a frenzy when he hit a towering six towards the Limuru Road off Mohammad Anwar Hossain's delivery to make the score 415 in the 84th over.

Bangladesh who won elected to field and put Kenya onto the crease with the latter proving too elusive for the Bangladeshi bowlers the whole day.

Source:
http://www.eastandard.net/sports/sports18082002005.htm

fwullah
August 18, 2002, 12:14 AM
Excluding Sabbir Khan, Rafiqul Islam, Alamgir Kabir and Rubel, the following is BD A's first eleven playing in this first three-day match.

1) Hannan
2) Javed Omar
3) Ashraful
4) Mazharul Haque
5) Tushar Imran
6) Sanwar Hossain
7) Alok Kapali
8) Tapash Baisya
9) Anwar Hossain Munir
10) Shafaq Al Zaber
11) wicket keeper

[I always had been thinking that Anwar Hossain is the wicket-keeper, since he took 2 wickets by bowling medium pacers, so I guess he can't be a wicket keeper]

A real test for coach Ali Zia, don't you think? In the papers, he had been saying that it would have been better if the original tour that included 2 four day games were played. Now he (as well as us) must be thinking that it is a blessing for us that the longer version matches are of three - days, where if our batsman can bat properly, they can draw the 3-day games.

Tehsin
August 18, 2002, 11:25 AM
I have no BASE for saying this but I believe that the Kenyan fields are smaller. How small ? If any of our players hit a hundred and others hit a couple of 50s, you'd know that they are very small. With Javed & Mridul returning it is a strong line-up on paper. Hannan, Ash, Tushar, Sanwar and Kapali pretty much make up our national team line-up. Dekha jaak. I fear a follow on with our batsmen playing irresponsibly. If they tidy up, 350-400 against kenya is nothing, but when was the last time our batsmen showed some reponsibility as a unit ?

Ravindu Shah is as good as Tikolo, don't forget what he did to us before. Shah's been a steady in the Kenyan side along with Tikolo and we all know Odumbe. STILL, what in the heck is our boys doing over there ? 452 in one day for only 6 wickets ? Come on now. Even teams like India, Zimbabwe or West indies would have a trouble playing that good. Kenya is always DhumDharakka but can't our bowlers keep a straight line against a 'ICC' team ?

As for Anwar, there are TWO ANWARS. Keeper Anwar and pacer Anwar Hossein MONIR. Monir is another young guy. Shafaq came through the under 19s but haven't done much.

Orpheus
August 18, 2002, 11:38 AM
KCA 512
BD-A 140+?/4 (One forty something for 4)

Tushar and Sanwar are at a good partnership. Both are at 40+ ?? runs.

Source - BTV 10'Oclock news - said it too fast - can't remember everything. Apparantly they are giving more importance to the Pak v. South Africa game. (showing the match live whereas they didn't show BD test match - SAD)

Guess that means Ashraful, Javed, Mazhar, hanna are out - which also means that they only scored about 60 giving each 15 runs...SAD again.

Edit reason: added something

[Edited on 18-8-2002 by Orpheus]

Tehsin
August 18, 2002, 11:56 AM
I though he was bigger then this....
This is from a kenyan paer (forgot the source)

fwullah
August 18, 2002, 12:06 PM
BD A total is 145 for 6.

As for the source of the image, look at both of the following (I have added the following 2 addresses in my favorites):

http://www.nationaudio.com/News/DailyNation/Today/Sports/index.html

http://www.eastandard.net/sports/default.htm

Orpheus
August 18, 2002, 12:22 PM
145/6 worse than I thought.....TOO BAD

James90
August 19, 2002, 01:27 AM
How tall is Ashraful....he's asid to be miny

James90
August 21, 2002, 03:15 AM
PLEASE!!!!

fwullah
August 21, 2002, 09:48 AM
May be a little taller than Khaled Mahmud Sujon (have you seen Sujon in World Cup 99?).

And may be around Tendulkar's height.

Mahmood
August 21, 2002, 10:54 AM
I tried finding out his hight. But didnt find it anywhere. Sorry mate, we will have to wait, untill he becomes a regular star. Then may be those personal info will be available.

James90
August 21, 2002, 04:05 PM
the commentator was saying that he's possibly the shortest person in Test Cricket. Please Explain!!!!
OOHHHH right you don't know about that