PDA

View Full Version : Ireland get to play India and South Africa

cricman
May 3, 2007, 02:10 AM
Cricket Ireland will get lots of Money good for them they deserve it and some extra pressure on India again

MUMBAI (Reuters) - Ireland will host one-day matches against India and South Africa next month, the Irish Cricket Union said.

Associate side Ireland will face India on June 23 and South Africa the following day ahead of a three-match, one-day international series between the two test-playing nations in Belfast.

Ireland's upset World Cup win over Bangladesh last month earned them entry into the main International Cricket Council one-day ranking list. The World Cup debutants also scored a shock win over Pakistan to knock them out in the first round.

"The Irish Cricket Union (ICU) is proud that two such great cricketing nations as India and South Africa are coming to Ireland to play each other and against Ireland," ICU chief executive Warren Deutrom told the ICU Web site.

"Following last year's hugely successful match at Stormont between Ireland and England, the ICU is delighted that top-class cricket continues to come to Ireland, in the first-ever matches between full test cricket nations here.

"These matches will not only continue to put Irish cricket on the map after the success of the Ireland team at the cricket World Cup, but should provide a real financial impetus to our objectives for the future of the game." The three-match series between India and South Africa will take place on June 26, June 29 and July 1.
India then head to England in July for three tests and seven one-day internationals

Sumon77
May 3, 2007, 04:49 AM
Cricket Ireland will get lots of Money good for them they deserve it and some extra pressure on India again
just if india lose to us in ODI, they will choke to hell to play against ireland over there.. hahaa........ i am just trying to imagine what will happen to them if they lose consecutive ODI series against BD and Ireland :D :D

stuge
May 3, 2007, 04:55 AM
This is great !:)Love to see Ireland Beaten .

Baundule
May 3, 2007, 06:17 AM
India got a very good (risky?;)) chance to do some favor to SheshRajesh: playing Bangladesh and then Ireland...

chinatown
May 3, 2007, 08:06 AM
hopefully ireland will show some good fight against india

Kabir
May 3, 2007, 09:26 AM
Wait a second. The matches are in Ireland? Khaise! Eibar riot lege jabe amader bhai er deshe ;)

sandpiper
May 3, 2007, 09:33 AM
:floor: :floor:
Wait a second. The matches are in Ireland? Khaise! Eibar riot lege jabe amader bhai er deshe ;)

DJ Sahastra
May 3, 2007, 09:52 AM
I can't believe that winning one game can gave so much impact and long-lasting effect on some people :).

Tigers_eye
May 3, 2007, 09:55 AM
I can't believe that winning one game can gave so much impact and long-lasting effect on some people :).
We are still reaping the benefits of the Australia win. Winning against India in a WC would not end so soon. :)

At least for the next 4 years we would keep on saying in WCs
we are 1-0 against India.

And for now: we are 2-1 in the last three games against India. And how long India has been playing? :)

akabir77
May 3, 2007, 09:58 AM

This is called THAPPAR KA GUNJ...:floor:

sandpiper
May 3, 2007, 10:05 AM
remember India lost to Kenya in their homeground in 1998 convincingly :lol:

At least for the next 4 years we would keep on saying in WCs
we are 1-0 against India.

And for now: we are 2-1 in the last three games against India. And how long India has been playing? :)

Farhad
May 3, 2007, 10:06 AM
Ireland's upset World Cup win over Bangladesh last month earned them entry into the main International Cricket Council one-day ranking list
That was actually the first time I heard the match being called an "upset"... Great to see them get more matches. They deserve it...

sandpiper
May 3, 2007, 10:11 AM
:lol: :lol:

New diet for Bangladesh tour

Fitness has been one of the issues of the Indian cricket team and in order to help players be in top shape team physio John Gloster and trainer Gregory Allen King have come up with a strict diet programme for the men in blue ahead of the Bangladesh series.

This routine will be followed at the camp in Kolkata that begins from May 2nd.

According to the new diet plan, players’ meals will exclude the following:

Red Meat

Deep fried food

Dalda or ghee

Mushrooms in vegetarian food

Ice creams

Butter & mayonnaise

Aside of this sandwiches made of whole meal bread will be made available to the players throughout the day.

The players’ meal will include:

Whole wheat bread

Steamed rice

1 vegetable soup

Two vegetables (without cottage cheese/paneer)

1 yellow daal

Curd

Chicken

Vegetarian pasta or noodle &

Fresh Fruits

Players have to strictly adhere to this diet plan along with the fitness schedule drafted for them.
source: espnstar.com

Hatebreed
May 3, 2007, 10:56 AM
Good for Ireland, hope to see them make India sweat.

Farhad
May 3, 2007, 11:05 AM
:lol: :lol:

source: espnstar.com

lol....Good find, but why did you post it here

Shehwar
May 3, 2007, 11:33 AM

Its actually not one match....We have beaten India twice in the last 3 games between these two nations !!

Kabir
May 3, 2007, 11:54 AM
This is called THAPPAR KA GUNJ...:floor:

Liar. You said you don't understand hindi :mad:

akabir77
May 3, 2007, 12:05 PM
Liar. You said you don't understand hindi :mad:

ami ai rokom dui tin line pari from movie as my siblings would watch the same movie over and over again. I think this one was from a action movie where the jailer slaps on a guy in the jail who was kinda like hitler and then the guy says that and when he cames out he kills every one.....:floor:

GoldenAsif
May 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
Good news.

Well done Ireland.

Btw do they have a nickname?

We are the tigers, the Sri Lankans are the Lions, and the Irish?

al Furqaan
May 3, 2007, 01:41 PM
Good news.

Well done Ireland.

Btw do they have a nickname?

We are the tigers, the Sri Lankans are the Lions, and the Irish?

they are potatoes.

i hope they beat india...

AsifTheManRahman
May 3, 2007, 03:57 PM
oh boy. so who do you guys reckon will join tendulkar and ganguly after the game against ireland? ;)

Hatebreed
May 3, 2007, 04:09 PM
they are potatoes.

I hope India won't have them for lunch in their diet. :)

Nocturnal
May 3, 2007, 04:11 PM
I hope India won't have them for lunch in their diet. :)

:lol:

Carte Blanche
May 3, 2007, 04:12 PM

How do you think we got our test status? ;)

al Furqaan
May 3, 2007, 05:39 PM
they should drop zimbabwe's test status and give it to ireland...they deserve it more.

criccric
May 3, 2007, 06:37 PM
How do you think we got our test status? ;)

Jagmohan Dalmiya and his need for another vote. :shh: :shh:

Hatebreed
May 3, 2007, 07:02 PM
they should drop zimbabwe's test status and give it to ireland...they deserve it more.

C'mon that's too soon.. let them win some more matches. How about, if they beat India, ICC can drop India's test status and give it to Ireland. :-D

One World
May 3, 2007, 07:55 PM
In Irish Condition you can never tell.

cricketboy
May 3, 2007, 09:28 PM
Ireland has a strong chance to upset India in Irish conditions. :D

Protic
May 4, 2007, 04:33 AM
Eh donno about us..we might win/loose against INDIA..but trust me ..INDIA WILL SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP AWAY IRELAND ..big time..whereever they play'em.. India = huge minnow bashers.
Ireland might have defeated Pakistan & Bangladesh..but they would still loose a 5 match ODI series anywhere..atleast 3-2 against Zimbabwe.

sandpiper
May 4, 2007, 08:37 AM
http://howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard_ODI.asp?MatchCode=1407
Eh donno about us..we might win/loose against INDIA..but trust me ..INDIA WILL SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP AWAY IRELAND ..big time..whereever they play'em.. India = huge minnow bashers.

Farhad
May 4, 2007, 11:15 AM
http://howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard_ODI.asp?MatchCode=1407

Although Kenya is a great team. People like Dravid bowled in that match. It was actually a pretty big thing. They didnt take Kenya seriously and it came back to bite them somewhere they would want to be bitten in..

sandpiper
May 4, 2007, 11:22 AM
are you Indian ?
Although Kenya is a great team. People like Dravid bowled in that match. It was actually a pretty big thing. They didnt take Kenya seriously and it came back to bite them somewhere they would want to be bitten in..

GoldenAsif
May 4, 2007, 01:32 PM
they are potatoes.

Thanks...mmm...interesting nickname.

I hope they beat India too.

Farhad
May 4, 2007, 05:56 PM
are you Indian ?

lol...Does someone have to be Indian to give the other side of the story? :lol:Believe me, if I were Indian, I would have stopped coming here a long time ago what with all the India-bashing going on...

Sandwich
May 4, 2007, 08:50 PM
GO TEH leprechauns !!!!!