PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, 1st Test, June 25th-29th 2007, Colombo

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

fai_hasan
June 27, 2007, 04:43 AM
both of the players are showing lots of patience today. just what we need in a test match.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=605 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD></TD><TD align=left>*Rajin Saleh (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/slvbdesh/content/current/player/56074.html) (rhb)</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>126</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>26.19</TD><TD></TD><TD>14 (55b)</TD><TD>2 (23b)</TD><TD></TD><TD bgColor=#d8d4d2></TD><TD>20</TD><TD>1076</TD><TD>29.88</TD><TD></TD><TD bgColor=#d8d4d2></TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD></TD><TD align=left>Mohammad Ashraful (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/slvbdesh/content/current/player/55988.html) (rhb)</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>56</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>33.92</TD><TD></TD><TD>8 (32b)</TD><TD>13 (37b)</TD><TD></TD><TD bgColor=#d8d4d2></TD><TD>36</TD><TD>1609</TD><TD>24.37</TD><TD></TD><TD bgColor=#d8d4d2></TD></TR><!-- <tr align="right" valign="top"> <td></td> <td align=left>*Manjural Islam Rana (rhb)</td> <td>188.8</td> <td>888</td> <td>88</td> <td>18</td> <td>888.88</td> <td></td> <td align=left>(18nb, 18w)</td> <td>88-88-188-8</td> <td></td> <td bgcolor="#d8d4d2"></td> <td>888</td> <td>88888</td> <td>888.88</td> <td></td> <td bgcolor="#d8d4d2"></td> </tr>--><TR vAlign=top align=middle><TD colSpan=11> </TD><TD bgColor=#d8d4d2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 04:43 AM
Off topic: Sanjay Manjrekar also thinks that Aftab should be in the test team, talks about him every chance he gets. Great to see that.
In place of ... ? I also like to see him in the team in Place of Bashar.

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 04:45 AM
So looks like we won another session! Good job. Lets play last session as we played today, and win it too.

ammark
June 27, 2007, 04:46 AM
yes. That's the beauty of test cricket. One has to adapt to the situation. Against India, we got a chance, after such a bright start; but we let it get away. In that scenario, losing the match had the minimum of probability and we could easily go for the win. On the other hand, this test is a test of patience now. No one minds, if you score a 200 balls 0. :)

Thanks for reminding me. You've answered my question with your example of India match. The fact is we're still a minnow nation in Test cricket. We did NOT chase india's challenge... and with todays line up I doubt we would have chased that score ever again. Bangladesh cricket team still has much to learn and adapt to in test cricket.

Good to come back down to earth through this little mental exercise

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 04:47 AM
Ash, Alok, Aftab, Shakzie, Tamim, Mash and Junaid and Nirala in the not too distant future - I've never seen them rattled by any opposition bowler. When they learn to stay focused and select higher percentage shots, we'll have a formidable batting lineup that will manufacture a lot of wins in both forms of the game. That day is not far, just wait 'til they're 27 or so, sooner if the NCL is reformatted with more FC and List-A matches.

Slysaint
June 27, 2007, 04:47 AM
this is soo painful......300 more runzzzzz
can bd do it?

inshallah

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 04:48 AM
Can't say I agree with him on that one. Never mind the fact that he's likely to get himself out before he's even been in 10 overs, which middle order batsman would you drop to accomodate him?

I'll bat him at #6 instead of HaBa.

zahid
June 27, 2007, 04:48 AM
yeah, with a guy beside and a mobile phone.

I like Bangla girls more than Lanka girls. Bangla girls have a different look ;):callme:

Correction. Bangladeshi girls.

Basic English Quickie Tutorial :
Bangla - The Language , when mentioning it in Bengali
Bengali - The Language/People of BD, when mentioning it in English
Bangali - The people of BD, said when you are ONLY speaking in Bengali.
Bangladeshi - People of BD , when speaking in English

fai_hasan
June 27, 2007, 04:49 AM
Saleh leads Bangladesh resistance
Bangladesh's openers defended resolutely, attacked once the ball lost its shine, and negotiated Muttiah Muralitharan effectively enough to retreat to lunch having lost a solitary wicket

those comments are really really positive for us.

yaseer
June 27, 2007, 04:50 AM
i liked the approach of the all BD batsmen so far.....They all are trying to fight it out and willing to work hard for every single run.....this is what missing from them earlier.

zahid
Btw, Good morning people from sunny UK.

Good to see our team still there and trying to survive as long as possible.

PoorFan
After a long long time BD players are showing real test, hope they keep it up. Atleast till the end of today.

fai_hasan
Correction. Bangladeshi girls.

Basic English Quickie Tutorial :
Bangla - The Language , when mentioning it in Bengali
Bengali - The Language of BD, when mentioning it in English
Bangali - The people of BD, said when you are ONLY speaking in Bengali.
Bangladeshi - People of BD , when speaking in English

Yeah yeah.

Just a quick lesson back.

Bangla girls means those girls, who can talk in Bangla:-p

taklima_naj
June 27, 2007, 04:52 AM
Allah help us but 300 more runs impossible by our team;; if it would have been true

oracle
RAJIN is a fighter.Also our best fielder.

Sohel
Mushy is one of the best we have in terms of temperament and technique, but he does gets rattled with the quickies. His backlift stays unnecessarily high, and he doesn't play the cut shot late enough. Luckily he's very young with a remarkable capacity to learn. We'll have our own Shiv Chanderpaul by the time he's 25.

zahid
June 27, 2007, 04:53 AM
Yeah yeah.

Hopeless! :lol:

fai_hasan
June 27, 2007, 04:54 AM
Let me teach you some history, haven't you watched Sirajuddowla?

Bangla, Bihar, Urisshar mohan adhipoti.

In 1906 Bangla was divided by bongo Bhongo, and in 1911 it was halted and bangla was united again. Bangla is known from centuries. In other word you might know it as Bongo.

In 1971 the name Bangla desh came from its originality as Bangla. Not from Bongo or Bengal as the british used to call it. So if I call it Bangla, you can't teach me a lesson, now please learn a bit of history.

Thanks.

Aritro
I'll bat him at #6 instead of HaBa.

Fair enough.

I wouldn't be opposed to that either, with Bashar's faculties dwindling as they are.

I get the feeling that the selectors would be looking at Tushar (who I think is rubbish) and Nirala as prospective Test replacements before they'd consider re-instating Aftab.

Rubu
RAJIN is a fighter.Also our best fielder.Yup!

I just hope he learns to convert those 40s to Tons.

Slysaint
June 27, 2007, 04:56 AM
Can't say I agree with him on that one. Never mind the fact that he's likely to get himself out before he's even been in 10 overs, which middle order batsman would you drop to accomodate him?

how about basher out, pilot out nafees rajin (sad but decision needs to be made to solidify middle order) and omar, if they cant show anything great this series (irrespective of this days innings) out, and tamim, tushar, aftab, iqbal sr, mashfiq in

zahid
June 27, 2007, 04:58 AM
Let me teach you some history, haven't you watched Sirajuddowla?

Bangla, Bihar, Urisshar mohan adhipoti.

In 1906 Bangla was divided by bongo Bhongo, and in 1911 it was halted and bangla was united again. Bangla is known from centuries. In other word you might know it as Bongo.

In 1971 the name Bangla desh came from its originality as Bangla. Not from Bongo or Bengal as the british used to call it. So if I call it Bangla, you can't teach me a lesson, now please learn a bit of history.

Thanks.

Vul korso. Oita shikar koro.

Tomar thaika beshi vuji deikhai tomarey correct korlam. Ulta amarey shikhaitey aisho na!

Do you say Hindi girls OR do u say Indian girls ?

I think I have made my point.

Rumz_01
June 27, 2007, 04:58 AM
cum on BD...

We need Ash n Saleh to stay at the crease for a long time...

Baundule
June 27, 2007, 04:59 AM
Yeah yeah.

Bangla girls actually mean those girls, who serve 'Bangla'. Here Bangla means neither the language nor the nation; it's simply a drink; you know what I mean ;)

ammark
June 27, 2007, 05:00 AM
Tony Greig suggests: Go after Murali. Thats one thing Murali doesnt like...

but then in this next session, the light is deteriorating big time. The close of day's play will come early.

Aritro
June 27, 2007, 05:01 AM
rajin (sad but decision needs to be made to solidify middle order)

Why on earth would we drop the batsman who's compiled the best record in the team in the last 2 years?

Rumz_01
June 27, 2007, 05:02 AM
o no wonder the score isnt changing..they at tea nw?

ammark
June 27, 2007, 05:02 AM
And guys, stop squabbling over the etymology of Bangla/Bengal/Bongo/ etc. This is a cricket thread. Take it out to FC if you must.

Games back on

zahid
June 27, 2007, 05:06 AM
Bangla girls actually mean those girls, who serve 'Bangla'. Here Bangla means neither the language nor the nation; it's simply a drink; you know what I mean ;)

You mean Bangla mod ? lol

Aritro
June 27, 2007, 05:06 AM
Rajin's going to battle through the pain.

Good on him.

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:07 AM
Fair enough.

I wouldn't be opposed to that either, with Bashar's faculties dwindling as they are.

I get the feeling that the selectors would be looking at Tushar (who I think is rubbish) and Nirala as prospective Test replacements before they'd consider re-instating Aftab.

I'm not a big Tushar fan myself, however I do feel sorry that he has never been treated fairly. That said I'd take Alok over most any day based on his God given talent second only to Ash's IMHO, and phenomenal FC performance of late. His flighty, loopy spins will add a bit of real variety to our bowling also, and NOBODY's better than him at point. Nirala should play some A team cricket and introduced against weaker opposition to get his confidence levels stabilized. Then he should be slowly moved up the batting order to the # 3 slot in 3 or 4 years. Hopefully, he'll be comfortable facing short, pacy outswingers on bouncy wickets by then.

Aritro
Also, Dilhara's bowling beautifully.

zahid
Phew! Rajin's back after that lethal yorker.

Rabz
ki hoilo eikhane??/
polapain "bangla" khaiya banglar itihash shuru korse...

mayer dhare mamu barir golpo na dileo cholbe...
khela dekhen bhai..khela...

Rabz
June 27, 2007, 05:10 AM
deleted.....

Aritro
June 27, 2007, 05:11 AM
God watching Ashraful bat can be excruciating. Everytime he pops it up in the air I have a minor heart attack.

Rumz_01
June 27, 2007, 05:12 AM
This is the attitude we need!! CUMON TIGERZ!!!

cricket_dorshok
June 27, 2007, 05:13 AM
Looks like the captaincy has brought about a bit of responsibilty in Ashraful's batting. There have been quite a fe batsmen in World Cricket who have done a lot better with the added responsibilty of captaining the side. Smith, Ponting and Jayawardene are the other bright examples.
comment on Ash captaincy from cricbuzz

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:14 AM
Good single from Rajin ... Ash facing Dilhara ... perfect defensive nudge with ideal head position.

fai_hasan
June 27, 2007, 05:14 AM
go boys, do another 412 runs and give the world a surprise

Slysaint
June 27, 2007, 05:15 AM
Why on earth would we drop the batsman who's compiled the best record in the team in the last 2 years?
because even though he is a hardworker, he is just not talented, there are far more talented batsmen who is sitting on the sidelines

fai_hasan
June 27, 2007, 05:16 AM
Vul korso. Oita shikar koro.

Tomar thaika beshi vuji deikhai tomarey correct korlam. Ulta amarey shikhaitey aisho na!

Do you say Hindi girls OR do u say Indian girls ?

I think I have made my point.

man, you are talking about bangladeshi girls, i'm talking about bangla girls. you don't understand. Bangla was a big country a long time ago. Why would i do the mistake. i would have easily said bengali girls. i didn't say that. L-)

Fai_Hasan and Zahid. Dont push it. Take it out to FC if you guys have to fight.

Ammar
- Mod

mla
comment on Ash captaincy from cricbuzz

Y, I was thinking that too. It might be the making of him.

Mohiul
দেখেশুনে ঠান্ডা মাথায় খেলতে হবে

nahaz
June 27, 2007, 05:20 AM
I just checked the score half an hour ago for the first time today and boy did I get a surprise. Might have failed my uni exam but at least sth looks good today.:) Great news for the 2nd test.<br>
By the way, I don't think Rajin should be dropped as long as we can keep him. He's here to stay.

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 05:20 AM
<!--StartFragment -->Murali bowling on and on continuously hoping BD players lose patience.

Slysaint
June 27, 2007, 05:22 AM
man, you are talking about bangladeshi girls, i'm talking about bangla girls. you don't understand. Bangla was a big country a long time ago. Why would i do the mistake. i would have easily said bengali girls. i didn't say that. L-)

Fai_Hasan and Zahid. Dont push it. Take it out to FC if you guys have to fight.

Ammar
- Mod

are u talking about gupta or pali period, when all of india pakistan afganistan was under bangla rule?
bhai, kon amolay ghee diyeh baat khaychi boley haat a shukey, colen khala dekhi

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:22 AM
It's one thing to watch a batsman who CAN'T rotate the strike, another to watch a batsman who WON'T by choice because that's what the situation calls for in his mind. I hope Rajin doesn't let that pressure build up too much. I'm not worried about Ash, he's clearly in control, even with the nudges up in the air.

patriot
June 27, 2007, 05:23 AM
Saleh has got an awesome temperament!!

pilot fan
June 27, 2007, 05:24 AM
so impressed with these two

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 05:25 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=603 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>64.3</TD><TD width="100%">Fernando to Rajin Saleh, no run, short of a length outside the off stump, Saleh lets it go and the ball dies on it's way to Prasanna Jayawardene who collects it near his boots </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The pitch become that slow?

Rabz
last ten overs has produced only 10 runs...

Sohel
Good big stride from Rajin, he's beginning to judge Muali's flight well. Still having issues with his pace variation though.

Rabz
June 27, 2007, 05:27 AM
God...this is agonisingly slow batting...but not complaining....
we need to have wickets....
this is surely frustating the lankan bowlers...

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:28 AM
Dilhara's suddenly generating bounce out the blue, just using his height. Rajib and Shafaq need to learn that trick.

Aritro
June 27, 2007, 05:28 AM
Wow, Dilhara just banged one in short, and Ash managed not to do something stupid.

He's growing into his role

*touch wood

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:29 AM
Ash takes a single and gets out of trouble ... WELL DONE SKIP.

Aritro
Dilhara's suddenly generating bounce out the blue, just using his height. Rajib and Shafaq need to learn that trick.

It's a worry.

Cricket Crazy
194/3 ---> Trail by 294 runs

patriot
June 27, 2007, 05:30 AM
Ashraful hopefully woudn't fall into the 'fernando's short ball strategy' trap anymore.He is currently defending away all short pitched balls away!!!gr888!!!

Sohel
Rajin loses focus and edges one ... dropped. SHOKR ALHAMDULILLAH!

Rumz_01
this is sooo wicked...
i cant watch the match...:(
but ur comments are soo dam enlightening..great batting from these two..
we need to keep it up!!

pilot fan
ooo what a sitter

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:31 AM
It's a worry.

Very true.

ammark
Damn Rajin. Lucky. He was nowhere with his foot movement, just hung the bat out... lucky to have gotten dropped

Rabz
Rajin gets a life!!!
Dropped by Sangakkara!!

Aritro
Rajin's deserved that bit of luck.

Mohiul
June 27, 2007, 05:32 AM
Alhamdulillah, fortune favours the brave. Saleh has been dropped.

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:32 AM
Ash is looking at footballs from Murali ... mustn't become complacent now.

Antora
June 27, 2007, 05:33 AM
omg i went to do a bit of studying came back ans saw bd still 3 wickets!!!! Im soo proud of our boyz that i cant explain it in words!!! first inningser shate second inningser onke difference!!!! our boyz finally learnt from their mistakes!!!

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:33 AM
Good single from Rajin, that's the way to get out of trouble and regroup.

ammark
June 27, 2007, 05:34 AM
Good single that. Good thing rajin's still looking out for those. Well Run.

Antora
June 27, 2007, 05:35 AM
Good single from Rajin, that's the way to get out of trouble and regroup.

allhamdulilah!!!!!! good move by the boyz!!!!!!

Rumz_01
June 27, 2007, 05:35 AM
i hope they both get to 50!!...
it will giv them stability to go on furthur

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:36 AM
Sanga, one of the safest hands in cricket history drops one from an otherwise well-set Rajin. This maybe one of those little things that keeps growing to make a huge difference later.

Rumz_01
Just six runs off eight overs in the session so far. But they haven't lost a wicket.

(cricinfo)

cricket_dorshok
Ashraful stepped down the track there. He is a naturally aggressive player and this has to be one of the slowest and most patient knocks from him. But it will be really interesting to see how long will he be able to hold back his natural instincts.
no Ash, u don't need to lose patient. we need to finish 2day without losing any more wicket.

pilot fan
lets keep on digging in here

mla
June 27, 2007, 05:37 AM
Quote from Cricinfo:

"dashing Ashraful would have chased that but it's the determined Ashraful we're seeing today and he lets it go"

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:38 AM
Dilhara's majorly PO-ed ... hope he loses focus.

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:39 AM
Ash's can play Murali's length variations with his eyes closed at this point. His line's not too hip either. GREAT!

Antora
June 27, 2007, 05:40 AM
ok we're trailing by 292 runz (cricinfo) by then end of today .. lets lower that down to 200!!!

patriot
June 27, 2007, 05:41 AM
10 maidens from Muralitharan tells all the story of Ashraful's batting today!!

Rumz_01
cud some one explain what happens if BD do get like 400 runs? (InshAllah)??

Mohiul
Alhamdulillah, both the batsmen are playing sensibly so far.

Aritro
On a non cricket related note, Ashraful's slowly turning a bit tubby isn't he?

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 05:42 AM
We played 70 overs, twice than 1st innings.

fai_hasan
June 27, 2007, 05:42 AM
prithibi obak takiye roy, banglar damal chelera ruddho kore diyese Lankan dar.

;)

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 05:43 AM
Javed Omar has been taken to hospital for an x-ray after he was hit out the toe by a Malinga yorker.

poor Javed, on his good day.

zahid
JO has been taken to hospital - toe issue.

Aritro
I think Rajin's still smarting from that yorker. He looks very rattled playing against anything that pitches on leg stump.

Rabz
June 27, 2007, 05:44 AM
We have news that Javed Omar Belim has been taken to the hospital for a precautionary X-ray after he received a toe-crusher from Malinga. he not only lost his wicket but also had to be helped out of the ground by the physio. He seemed to be in great pain.

From cricbuzz

ammark
June 27, 2007, 05:45 AM

I think so too. Noticed that since World Cup

Sohel

I've seen him in person during the training camp. He lost that little fat and gained a lot of muscle around the shoulders. 200 up with a lamish 4 from Ash.

PoorFan
We will be trailing 88 runs.

fai_hasan
Javed Omar has been taken to hospital for an x-ray after he was hit out the toe by a Malinga yorker.

oh no, malinga the savage guy hurt my last man standing.

ammark
Takes on Murali. Goes over Mid on... Four :)

Rabz
4 by Ash!!
200 up for Bangladesh....

pilot fan
June 27, 2007, 05:46 AM
i remember ash playing an innings like this in the last sirlankan tour and then he through it away when he was on 20 something and we collasped lets hope he see this one through

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:47 AM
That reverse sweep attempt was idiotic. Ash needs to get a hold of himself.

zahid

After BD scores 577 in total, they will simply level with SL. i.e. both will then be 0-0.

BD then has to score some more runs and then send in SL to bat in order to force a draw or bundle out SL.

Aritro
What a bloody stupid shot.

Just when you think he's learning.

al Furqaan
double 4

pilot fan
concentrate saleh needs to have a word with him and calm him down

Tintin
June 27, 2007, 05:48 AM
Ash's can play Murali's length variations with his eyes closed at this point. His line's not too hip either. GREAT!

It is fascinating to watch Ashraful "taking" Murali, even though I am only reading the CB commentary. At the moment, Murali has bowled 29 overs, 7 in the current spell. Except six balls in one over, Ashraful faced the other 36 balls.

Aritro
Jesus, he's tried it again.

What the hell's going through his head?

Mohiul
come on Ash, don't take risk right at this moment

Dynamite
Aftab in and Shahriar out; Tamim in and Javed out; Tushar in and Bashar out; Mushfiq in and Mashud out.

Rumz_01
After BD scores 577 in total, they will simply level with SL. i.e. both will then be 0-0.

BD then has to score some more runs and then send in SL to bat in order to force a draw or bundle out SL.

accha...so even 577 wont be enuf...we need a hell of a lot mre runs...okay..

Thank You!!!

Slysaint
June 27, 2007, 05:49 AM
ok we're trailing by 292 runz (cricinfo) by then end of today .. lets lower that down to 200!!!

91 runs needed to do that, with present conditions to run after such without losing wickets would be impossible. even to get it down to 250 would be a tall order, we cant lose any wickets today, we have only sakib left to bat after this, who is recognised as a batman. all others can bat .. maybe if etc ..

these needs to be on the crease till lunch tomorrow. after that saleh can be afforded as a wicket ..

Rabz
Seems

Sohel
Ash needs to control himself in those situations in the future.

patriot
Reverse sweep:hairpull:

SherKhan
what the hell is wrong with asraful, is he trying to get out now

Rumz_01
June 27, 2007, 05:50 AM
Aftab in and Shahriar out; Tamim in and Javed out; Tushar in and Bashar out; Mushfiq in and Mashud out.

killin it!!!
cudnt have put it simpler myself!! lol

Rabz
Seems like Ash was pretty plumb....
Luck is certainly on our side ....

SherKhan
he got soo lucky with that last call

PoorFan
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=603 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>71.5</TD><TD width="100%">Muralitharan to Mohammad Ashraful, no run, Murali can't believe he's not got the lbw decision in his favour, that one pitched just outside off and Ashraful tried another reverse sweep, he didn't connect and the ball hit him in line of off stump, that's pretty plumb </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>71.4</TD><TD width="100%">Muralitharan to Mohammad Ashraful, no run, defended on the off side </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>71.3</TD><TD width="100%">Muralitharan to Mohammad Ashraful, 4 leg byes, Ashraful tries to play the reverse sweep, he exposes his leg stump and luckily for him the ball brushed the thigh pad and ran down to the fine leg fence </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ash getting mad on Murali or what??

Slysaint

who do u propose opens the batting?

BD-Shardul
June 27, 2007, 05:51 AM
Why ASH was trying to play that reverse sweep? ......grrh

al Furqaan
will new ball pose a problem?

Imtiazk
Satan has taken over Ashraful. All that hard work and then two unpardonable stupid shots. What the hell was he trying to prove ?

Let's say he got a 4 from it. Was the risk associated with the reverse sweep worth the runs. Rajin is showing greater maturity.

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:52 AM
Rajin's focused again, relieved not having to face Dilhara again ... rare captaincy error from Mahela.

al Furqaan
here is where rajin struggles: the 40s

PoorFan
concentrate saleh needs to have a word with him and calm him down
Yes.

Rumz_01
June 27, 2007, 05:53 AM
is anyone else having trouble with cricinfo?

it says it cannot find the server??

pilot fan
yess rajin got single of last ball of the over to keep as away from mullri

nasimul
Ash is losing his patience. Not a good sign.

cricket_dorshok
June 27, 2007, 05:54 AM
Com'on captain, calm down, don't need reverse sweep or scoop

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 05:54 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=603 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>71.5</TD><TD width="100%">Muralitharan to Mohammad Ashraful, no run, Murali can't believe he's not got the lbw decision in his favour, that one pitched just outside off and Ashraful tried another reverse sweep, he didn't connect and the ball hit him in line of off stump, that's pretty plumb </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>71.4</TD><TD width="100%">Muralitharan to Mohammad Ashraful, no run, defended on the off side </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>71.3</TD><TD width="100%">Muralitharan to Mohammad Ashraful, 4 leg byes, Ashraful tries to play the reverse sweep, he exposes his leg stump and luckily for him the ball brushed the thigh pad and ran down to the fine leg fence </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Ash getting mad on Murali or what??

He got complacent and subsequently over-confident. YOU CANNOT DO THAT AGAINST THE MASTER, who dupes you into such errors.

nasimul
June 27, 2007, 05:55 AM
50 partnership.

Imtiazk
June 27, 2007, 05:55 AM
Murali round the wicket is better for Rajin. The doosra is easier to deal with. Ashraful can read Murali, that's why those reverse sweeps were incomprehensible. Ashraful's brain needs to be tested.

Rabz
June 27, 2007, 05:56 AM
The 4th fifty has been the slowest of the lot coming of 190 balls. The first one came off 79, 2nd off 95 and the third fifty came off 78 balls.
----from cricbuzz.....

goes to show how patient and solid this batsmen been so far...

Aritro
He got complacent and subsequently over-confident. YOU CANNOT DO THAT AGAINST THE MASTER, who dupes you into such errors.

At this stage of a match, you don't play two reverse sweeps against anyone.

Incredible brain explosion. I'm just glad it hasn't cost him his wicket the way it usually does.

Imtiazk
here is where rajin struggles: the 40s

But still he has played fand is playing for his country.

cricket_dorshok
June 27, 2007, 05:58 AM
deleted

Sohel
Ash should be offered light soon ... good shot from Ash ... good delivery from Malinga.

pilot fan
just holding my breath now

Mohiul
well-directed malinga yorker

nasimul
Murali sounds dangerous now.

PoorFan
I am sure the 2nd sweep was an ego isuue to Ash, HAS to stop these stupidity.

fai_hasan
June 27, 2007, 05:59 AM
i am having problem posting threads. it freezes. may be too many users are posting at the same time

jinglenuts
aarre we'r doing good 2day!!:flag:

Sohel
At this stage of a match, you don't play two reverse sweeps against anyone.

Incredible brain explosion. I'm just glad it hasn't cost him his wicket the way it usually does.

Tell me about it!

naheyan
June 27, 2007, 06:00 AM
On the bright side...30 overs of murali with just 1 wicket...great work guys...

walk out today at stumps like tigers<<ash N rajin

Slysaint
June 27, 2007, 06:00 AM
arshraf is bored as hell, he should focus .. saleh should tell not think every job in the world should be dashing and entertaining .. focus .. protect ur wicket with life if needed .. forget about runs for now .. wicketc prime concern dont be habla modon

al Furqaan
June 27, 2007, 06:01 AM
74.4 Malinga to Mohammad Ashraful, no run, the slower yorker this time, on off stump, Ashraful reads it early and defends towards the off side

BD-Shardul
June 27, 2007, 06:01 AM
still 19 overs to go

mla
June 27, 2007, 06:02 AM
The people watching: Is it getting dark / cloudy there yet? Is Ash asking about the light yet?

cricket_dorshok
arshraf is bored as hell, he should focus .. saleh should tell not think every job in the world should be dashing and entertaining .. focus .. protect ur wicket with life if needed .. forget about runs for now .. wicketc prime concern dont be habla modon
:up:

Mohiul
anxious moments

nasimul
June 27, 2007, 06:03 AM
18 more overs to go for today.

cricket_dorshok
drinks time, 18 over to go

Aritro
The people watching: Is it getting dark / cloudy there yet? Is Ash asking about the light yet?

It's definitely dark. Ash walked all the way over to square leg and dropped a not-so-subtle hint about it but Rauf wasn't interested.

Slysaint
still 19 overs to go

light should be offered very soon

Sohel
Drinks ... Ash needs to think about that suicidal reverse sweep attempt, and desvise a mental system NOT TO DO IT AGAIN. Murali's Murali and he still has at least 5 more years to go before coming close to his peak as a batsman. Roktoda hot'hat koira mathay uit'ha jay, ar ajaira matobborir prayshchitto pura team-re dibar lague.

naheyan
June 27, 2007, 06:04 AM
Please do not lose concentration after the drinks break..great going so far...

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 06:05 AM
Another 30 minutes or so ... hold on Ash & Rajin please.

pilot fan
June 27, 2007, 06:05 AM
4 by rajin hang on in there mate

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 06:06 AM
Rajin's being boxed into the crease by Murali after that edge ... BAD sign ... long stride forward and no sweeps please Rajin, YOU AIN'T BRIAN CHARLES LARA.

Antora
June 27, 2007, 06:07 AM
i hope rajin doesnt get too excited about scoring a 50 and gets out at 47 coz dat will be sucide

naheyan
come on rajin...just 3 more to go...great shot that...

pilot fan
do not throw ur wicket away against the part timer

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 06:08 AM
Dillu's in to bowl ... trying to lure Ash into making a low percentage shot. Clever captaincy from Mahela.

Antora
fingers crossed for a 50 from rajin... and drum rollz...........

PoorFan
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Current partnership </TD><TD>54 runs, 32.4 overs, RR: 1.65 (Rajin Saleh 21, Mohammad Ashraful 26) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This one partnership played more balls than entire 1st innings!

Aritro
June 27, 2007, 06:09 AM
Perhaps if Ash hadn't made that appeal to Rauf, Jayawardena wouldn't have had the foresight to put the second spinner on and we'd have actually been offered the light?

Bit of a miscalculation from Ash that.

naheyan
2 lives in an over...RAJIN....stay focused...

Sohel
Good to see Ash not taking the bait ... nijei nijere jhar'hi march'he bodhoy ... good for you Skip.

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 06:10 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=603 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>75.6</TD><TD width="100%">Muralitharan to Rajin Saleh, no run, Saleh tries to sweep but gets a top edge that falls well in front of short fine leg </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Still playing sweep shot!?

Mohiul
Sobure maoya fole. Come on Tigers, patience, patience please

Aritro
Dillu's in to bowl ... trying to lure Ash into making a low percentage shot. Clever captaincy from Mahela.
I'd have thought it was the prospect of Bangladesh being offered the light that prompted that move.

Antora
2 lives in an over...RAJIN....stay focused...

omg beta matha gorom kortese keno?? stay focused dude focused ..... :timeout:

pilot fan
June 27, 2007, 06:11 AM
nice shot by ash

nzfan
Is it just me, or are sri lankan fans the most quiet people in the world?
they just sit there

patriot
Great shot!!!Top class

SS
June 27, 2007, 06:12 AM
They should offer lights and call it end of the day...enough of torture man...these two poor batsmen need break.

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 06:13 AM
Perhaps if Ash hadn't made that appeal to Rauf, Jayawardena wouldn't have had the foresight to put the second spinner on and we'd have actually been offered the light?

Superb insight ...

al Furqaan
just 3 more for rajin

Antora
they just sit there

hahah lol.. they need to learn how to be loud from us bangladeshi fanz!!!

mla
they just sit there

Y, I agree the atmosphere is nothing compared to the games in BD! even when people get on the big screen they don't appear remotely excited.

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 06:14 AM

May be Ash was asking for drink.:-D

Rabz
June 27, 2007, 06:15 AM
What a way to bring his 7th test fifty...
Very very well done Rajin...
keep up the great work.... he needs to score century ....

patriot
June 27, 2007, 06:15 AM
Congrats Saleh.!!..That fifty is equivalent to a 200 to us.

al Furqaan
June 27, 2007, 06:16 AM
congrats rajin!

Sohel
Rajin gets his 50 with a 4 ... second slowest 50 by a Bangladeshi ... 213 minutes at the crease. Rajin has the slowest 50 also. Loses focus and bingo ... OUT at slip with an ugly, half-baked push ... giving it away after all the hard work ... SHAME.

Rubu
Damn it Rajin, never could convert those 50s to a ton. I was so hopeful today.

nasimul
50 for RS. Good job

SS
Welldone Rajin...I have to admit that was a great innings!
and also have to admit he just got out before the end of the day for no reason. All those efforts went in vain.

al Furqaan
out

PoorFan
omg beta matha gorom kortese keno?? stay focused dude focused ..... :timeout:
Rajin got his 50, and your dream came true.

mla
June 27, 2007, 06:17 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! after all that great work!

Aritro
What a crap way to go out.

Having said that, with all the lives he's had, we can hardly complain.

Good on him for staying in four hours.

Rabz
OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!
Saleh out!!!!
what a lapse of concentration.....

MysoreHuli
Gone!!!!

Rubu
now, lets hope soccer20reverse never gets married.

Sohel
Shakzie in to prove his test mettle ... the first critical partnership between Ash and Rajin ends 100 runs too soon. This parnership becomes more critical now.

mla
June 27, 2007, 06:18 AM
but a great effort. an example in how to dig in.

mla
June 27, 2007, 06:19 AM
Now don't do anything silly Shakib.

Sohel
now, lets hope soccer20reverse never gets married.

Hear, hear.

fai_hasan
half century from another brave man.

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 06:20 AM
New ball available to Mahela? Should he or shouldn't he?

Slysaint
June 27, 2007, 06:20 AM
ahh saleh why dear brother why? you were doing so well, you had us thinking you were the rock to build our church, errr i mean innings .. why

SS
June 27, 2007, 06:21 AM
This is a horrible way of getting out all those hard effort just few more minutes. As tommorrow might be the end of this battle. He could have stayed a little bit more.
As predicted we will be loosing this match by innings and 200 runs.

patriot
Sakib is not at all comfortable facing Murali.We had seen that in the last innings.

Sohel
Clean sorta paddle sweep from Ash ... nice and controlled.

fai_hasan
June 27, 2007, 06:23 AM
the great brave man is out.

now two strong man is fighting for the glory.

rubel_18
Happy the way they have been playing today but why couldnt they do this in the first innings.

SS
I can't believe why the wicket has to be gone at this point of the game.

Antora
June 27, 2007, 06:24 AM
Rajin got his 50, and your dream came true.

yes my dream did come true.....but why did he have to go out?? why??? why?? why play aggresive??? why??? there is something in the world called paitience..!!!!! any way enough of the sadness.. lets hope ash and sakib both get a century and we will be rockin this game!!!!

Sohel
Dillu has done the job for his captain, this time with the ball. Scary that the Lankans have another utility player like him in Chamara Silva. What a team.

nasimul
I wonder if Sakib can show same resistance.

patriot
June 27, 2007, 06:26 AM
damn!!!!!!

Rabz
There goes Ash...and end of our innings....
Murali gets his man again!!

Sohel
Ash loses focus and throws it away ... scoops it up for Vaas at long on. A real shame.

zahid
Another wicket!

Ashraful goes!

Stupid gadha!

He had to go for a big one!

Slysaint
a question can skaib play the new ball? is controlled enough to play the new ball brought in right away?

rubel_18
June 27, 2007, 06:27 AM
Oh man Ash is out, why did he go for that shot!!!!!!!!

Sohel
Pilot in to bat ... Murali's happy.

nasimul
Its all over

zahid
It's all over I guess. ?

SS
Muralitharan to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT, what has Ashraful done? He uses his feet to step down the pitch intending to hit it over midwicket, he doesn't get to the pitch of the ball and mis-hits it straight to Vaas at long on, what a way to end a patient and determined innings

Antora
nooooo ash eta ki korla???? amader dukho diya chole gela... come back!!!!!!! restart the game!!!!!!

nasimul
June 27, 2007, 06:28 AM
Muralitharan to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT, what has Ashraful done? He uses his feet to step down the pitch intending to hit it over midwicket, he doesn't get to the pitch of the ball and mis-hits it straight to Vaas at long on, what a way to end a patient and determined innings

Antora
June 27, 2007, 06:28 AM
uff ekhon ekta irratating player namse... the good all pilot!!! people lets prepeare to see 1 run of 100 balls!!!

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 06:29 AM
yes my dream did come true.....but why did he have to go out?? why??? why?? why play aggresive??? why??? there is something in the world called paitience..!!!!! any way enough of the sadness.. lets hope ash and sakib both get a century and we will be rockin this game!!!!
He played 'half-hearted drive' as CI said, he might lost his concentration at the DEAD end, so sad.

Now gone ASH too!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

anik
81.6 Muralitharan to Mohammad Ashraful, OUT, what has Ashraful done? He uses his feet to step down the pitch intending to hit it over midwicket, he doesn't get to the pitch of the ball and mis-hits it straight to Vaas at long on, what a way to end a patient and determined innings

no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SS
BD will never improve if a batsmen can't have patience to bat even knowing the end of day is here.
What stupidity is this...why playing that shot like that!

Aritro
I won't waste my breath ranting about Ashraful.

Meanwhile this situation was tailor-made for Pilot.

If he's good for nothing else, and these days he actually is good for nothing else, he can stay at the crease for a long time without taking a risk.

rubel_18
nooooo ash eta ki korla???? amader dukho diya chole gela... come back!!!!!!! restart the game!!!!!!

I'm afraid there is no restart button....lol

Sohel
New ball ... the end maybe near. Shakzie and Mash my last hope to take it past lunch tomorrow.

mla
June 27, 2007, 06:30 AM
ASH. what on earth was that for?!?

come on Pilot. Block like you've never blocked before.

SS
June 27, 2007, 06:32 AM
Same thing happened again and again. What is the problem with our batsmen why they don't have patience and brain for shot selection at the right moment. All those efforts went in vain. I can't believe this again we lost wicketes in pairs.

PoorFan
This is how we lose a session at the end! SL was the losing end, but Ash made them the winner after those HARD works. Shi**

Mohiul
after all those hard work, they are falling so cheaply now

Sohel
Batsmen being offered light, Mahela's fuming at the decision.

cricket_dorshok
June 27, 2007, 06:33 AM
no, in the dead end, how both settled players lost their concentration!!!

cricman
June 27, 2007, 06:33 AM
they should of gave us light 5 minutes ago!

nasimul
June 27, 2007, 06:34 AM
BD will never improve if a batsmen can't have patience to bat even knowing the end of day is here.
What stupidity is this...why playing that shot like that!
That´s why we need more longerversion domestic cricket. This is the only way to learn.

patriot
Bad lights should have stopped play a few overs back.Who only now!?!?!?..DAMN!!!

cricket_pagol
It sucks that Ashraful and Rajin could not stay till the end :( I would have liked to see them giving a good fight tomorrow... I am happy with their effort though.

cricket_king
:sigh: Why was I excited for a moment? This was always going to happen in the end

cricket_dorshok
June 27, 2007, 06:35 AM
issh, ash r rajin, r koita over dhorjo dhorte parle na!!!

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 06:35 AM
'The umpires are having a chat, about the light no doubt.'

from CI, can you believe this! Why ash didnt stay there and see off the Day??

cricman
June 27, 2007, 06:37 AM
Ash was begging for light! 2 balls after he's gone they get it!

Sohel
June 27, 2007, 06:37 AM
Bad light stops play.

Abir's wicket- moronic, start kissing that career goodbye and get ready to kick chach'chu's A.
JOB's- typical inability to deal with a yorker.
HaBa's- moronic, so much for that 3000 runs landmark.
Rajin's- typical lapse of focus after a 40 or 50, whatever.
Ash's- UNACCEPTABLE LAPSE OF REASON. LOCK YOURSELF UP AND CONCENTRATE SKIP.

Mohiul
June 27, 2007, 06:38 AM
when will our batters learn to control those rush of blood?

cricket_dorshok
June 27, 2007, 06:38 AM
anyway, it was good day for us. its our learning process. we are learning a bit slowly but surely.

PoorFan
June 27, 2007, 06:39 AM
they should of gave us light 5 minutes ago!
Oh please! dont say that, rather ask why shouldnt they stayed 5 minutes more?

nasimul
June 27, 2007, 06:39 AM
"Well the light has been offered and the batsmen have taken it. Eleven overs remain in the day but the light is poor and it's unlikely that it will improve. The umpires are taking a reading on their light meters as the players troop off."

Why can´t thye offer it 10-15 min before :-P :-P :-P