PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Discussion (In here Nasif)

capslock
September 25, 2003, 09:50 AM
Matrix Reloaded sucked. :P

Nasif
September 25, 2003, 09:51 AM
Wow that was fast! :D

Just saying sucked, doesn't do anything. Give some facts so that we can talk a bit. :)

Shafi
September 25, 2003, 10:52 AM
Matrix is great...........:lol:
I love the sequal..
It's not the time to comment 'bout reloaded because revolution is on the way and both makes the movie.
So..............MATRIX RULZZZ

Hey nasif. where have you got those superb giffs??:lol:

Tintin
September 25, 2003, 11:00 AM
I can't comment on reloaded because I didn't understand a thing. So finally is Neo himself a software program ?

Tehsin
September 25, 2003, 11:27 AM
My understanding (and this may be faulty) is that Zion is also part of a 'second' matrix. Simply because Neo can twist the reality (stopping those bots) and Agent smith being able to unload himself in one of the zion soldiers.

So Revolutions may answer that or may prove me wrong.

The reason I thought the reloaded wasn't as big a draw as the first one is because we already expected too much based on Matrix. Matrix created a whole new era of kung foo/sci fi movies because it was unique. but everyone (even Indians - Awara Pagal Dewana ) have copied and recopied and re-recopied Matrix effects.

Story wise, will have to wait for Revolutions because both reloaded and revolutions are tied together. The brothers needed to work a little bit on the CGIS because some scenes were too 'anime' (looked fake - we all know that they are anime but they don't have to be so obvious).

But you know what, I enjoyed it, was dissapointed but got over it.

Tintin
September 25, 2003, 11:31 AM
Matrix - 1 had a thrilling idea behind it - that the whole world could be nothing but a 'matrix'. Reloaded has nothing of that to provide.

Mahmood
September 25, 2003, 11:42 AM
Matrix Reloaded is a good movie, but it is not anything like the first one.

I liked it, have some unanswered stuff, but hopefully Revolusion will answer them.

Eagerly waiting for the final part.

Nasif
September 25, 2003, 11:43 AM
People have hard time understanding Reloaded because it was not meant to be one whole movie. Reloaded and Revolutions is one movie cut in 2. Thats why when Neo stops those sentinels at the end of Reloaded we are dumbfounded! No one really knows how Neo did it.

There are many theories:
1. There is a Matrix with in a Matrix, thus the real world they know is just the outer matrix.

2. Neo is a machine himself!

3. Neo has established link with machines. This happened when he destroyed Smith in 1st Matrix movie. Now he can control some of the machines.

and many others.....

No one knows the truth. We will know it after we watch Revolutions.

Shafi:
The the animated gif is made by one of the fans at http://forums.matrixfans.net . There are many others who made lots of animated gif. I just STOLE one :D

Nasif
September 25, 2003, 11:53 AM
Also, there are short TV spots trailers out at the official site.

Watch the spot Control! Its just AMAZING! Revolutions will kick some major a$$.

Watch Control (http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_cmp/tv_spot_control_480.html)

[Edited on 25-9-2003 by nasif]

Mahmood
September 25, 2003, 12:11 PM
I heard another theory...

Neo finally realized he is not just a human, he is more than human, like a super human with extra ability than ordinary man.

Shafi
September 25, 2003, 12:49 PM
Nasif says:

The the animated gif is made by one of the fans at http://forums.matrixfans.net . There are many others who made lots of animated gif. I just STOLE one

And I stole giffs from you and Rajputro bhai :)

Rajputro bhai amazing fan giffs...how can you get those?

Nasif
September 25, 2003, 06:47 PM
Crap ET didn't show the whole trailer only like 20sec! :mad:

But its online anyway :)
http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_cmp/theatrical_trailer.html

Mahmood
September 26, 2003, 10:01 AM
The trailer never starts. Can you test the link?

Nasif
September 26, 2003, 03:54 PM
I tried it and it works. May be you need to install Quicktime 6.

Here is the direct link to the trailers:
Low Bandwidth (320x168) (http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_cmp/theatrical_trailer_320.html)

Medium Bandwidth (480x248) (http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_cmp/theatrical_trailer_480.html)

High Bandwidth (640x335) (http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rv_cmp/theatrical_trailer_640.html)

Quicktime 6 or above (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/) is needed to playback.

Mahmood
September 26, 2003, 04:05 PM
WOW!

Thats a great trailer.

This reminds me of the first one. It might be that good.

Nasif
September 26, 2003, 04:42 PM
As I said before, Revolutions will kick some major A$$! :D :D

Arnab
October 1, 2003, 10:45 PM
Hmm...i just saw reloaded the first time in my college theater a few weeks ago.

There were too many long fight scenes seperated by long boring sections.

The architect section was hilarious.

I seriously would like to @#$% Monica Bellucci. Those lips are just......

And I can't get the background music of the part where Neo fights hundreds of Smiths. I rewatch that scene again and again, for the music. OTOH, the background music for the car chase scene blowed.

But all in all, the matrix scenes are getting boring and predictable. Maybe it's because I have seen them too many times.

[Edited on 2-10-2003 by Arnab]

Nasif
October 2, 2003, 02:34 AM
Predictable?

Matrix story is anything but predictable. May be the special effects are predictable but the story itself is a whole different ball game :D

The premise of Reloaded is to setup the story for the final confrontation between man and machine (or is it Neo and Smith?). Thats why people at times find it boring with long dialogs.

Architect setion explains lots of question raised in first Matrix. I didn't find it hilarious, it was quite enlightening.

Did Neo choose the door? Or the Architect made him choose the door? He knew if he tells Neo about Trinity then Neo will ofcourse choose to save her. So, is it free will, Or another form of control?

Arnab
October 2, 2003, 11:48 AM
I was talking about scenes (the setup, the fighting, the choreography, too many of the same ol' kungfu fight) being predictable, not the story. I guess they are signature matrix scenes, but don't they have any new ideas?...they seemed exactly like the first matrix movie, which is so 1999-ish. You know what I'm saying?

The content of the architect's speech was interesting from the storyline point. The hilarious part was how he speaks with an aura of pseudo-intelligence and uses those bombastic words like "Ergo", "Concordantly", "Vis-a-vis", "contingent affirmation", "systemic anomaly", "irrevocably", "Apropos" and a whole lot more. Cracked me up. Do you think 99% of the movie watchers know offhand what those words mean? :)

Did Neo choose the door? Or the Architect made him choose the door? He knew if he tells Neo about Trinity then Neo will ofcourse choose to save her. So, is it free will, Or another form of control?

I think, so far(unless we find out that the architect is a part of a bigger matrix), it was free will on Neo's part. The architect says that the systemic anomaly in the matrix is basically "love"/ attachment to something. All 5 of the previous "ones" felt something like that but probably took the right door to go back to the source code and save the human race. Neo took the left door for his love for Trinity, thus continuing the systemic anomaly. So he will have to be destroyed, otherwise the whole system might crash.

What do you think, my geeky friend?

[Edited on 2-10-2003 by Arnab]

Nasif
October 2, 2003, 01:09 PM
You could say the scenes as predictable. But thats how Matrix is :)

I agree about the Architect's speech and comprehension of general public. I think brothers wanted it to be like that, so that people need to listen carefully to understand. As per Architect's dialog delivery, it is void of any emotion. He is the "know it all guy" :D

Aparently Neo has made a deal with the machines in Revolutions to destroy Smith(shown in trailer). I think its a interesting twist.

Nasif
November 5, 2003, 12:10 AM
Got my tickets for IMAX Matrix Revolutions for this Saturday :D

I would suggest if you have the chance to watch it in IMAX. Whats the point in seeing it in small screen, when you can watch it in IMAX.

Shubho
November 5, 2003, 06:24 PM
Watching Revolutions on IMAX screen in Toronto this Saturday.

Let's compare notes the day after, Nasif. Somehow I think this episode is going to be a big letdown.

Mahmood
November 5, 2003, 06:39 PM
I just saw the movie. I am disappointed. If I gave Matrix 5, Reloaded 4, this revolution gets 3.

Once you all see it, we will talk about it.

Carte Blanche
November 6, 2003, 01:51 AM
Yes watched it today. It wasn't that good. Nothing beats the first one.

Tehsin
November 6, 2003, 11:04 AM
Judging by my wife's reaction (she liked it better then the second one) this movie was a chick flick. :)

Now that Matrix is over, what am I going to do ?

By the way, we (subcontinent) were represented in this movie.

Hopefully the discussion will start from Sunday. Don't want to give out the story line.

Sami
November 6, 2003, 01:06 PM
I am expecting to see Revolutions tomorrow or maybe day after... Cant wait... I really need this triology to make sense... reloaded left shrouds of mystery and I am helplessly walking abt trying to make some sense of the movie... :saint: So yeah... i guess sunday wud be a good day to start talking abt it ;)

acbizz
November 7, 2003, 10:11 AM
chick flick ??????????? Come on....

It's has all the answers you need.
Revolutions rulz. However, nothing can beat the 1st one.

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by acbizz]

Arnab
November 7, 2003, 06:19 PM
I haven't seen, but I have read a lot of reviews by movie goers and the press. Mostly, they all give it a thumbs down.

I didn't even like reloaded. The first matrix was something fresh and original and thought provoking.

Reloaded was awkward. It had unnecesarily long action scenes, followed by unnecessarily long philosobabble scenes. It was a cut and paste movie with no direction. Some stuff made NO sense at all. Like the public dancing. And some stuff was just childish, like the 80s dance beat music playing in the background for the car chase scene. I was like WTF, is this a lame bangla/hindi movie?

It was a big letdown from the first one. I think the producers basically were trying to milk the cow that is the movie goers by cramming as many visually stunning but storywise hollow scenes as possible.

Sami
November 8, 2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Arnab

I didn't even like reloaded. The first matrix was something fresh and original and thought provoking.

Reloaded was awkward. It had unnecesarily long action scenes, followed by unnecessarily long philosobabble scenes.

Completely agreed bro... But Revolutions was much better compared to Reloaded.... The action Sequences werent really that awkward this time around... And the whole thing I guess makes some sense at the end... But a lot of questions still remains unanswered... But I guess all is not to be known...

Reloaded was really really crudely done... emphasized only on Special effects when people were looking for answers from that movie which wasnt answered... moreover it left people completely blanked out and with more questions... But the thing is Reloaded was overhyped and therefore was diappointing... I wud recommend watching Revolutions... just dont expect a lot and u will be pleasently surprised... I WAS!!!

Nasif
November 9, 2003, 03:45 AM
Ok, I finally watched it today in IMAX. What an experience!

I will give a short review without my "fan" bias towards Matrix.

First and the foremost is the pacing of the movie. It is very fast paced. If you are watching it then you better pay attention to what they are saying. Eating that popcorn and drinking that soda? Now you don't know what is going on! It is so well paced that 189 minutes of run time will feel like 45 mins.

Secondly, it is completely tailor made for Matrix fans. If you don't know what the Matrix world is about, you won't get the movie. It is not meant to be a seperate entity. It flows along the storyline of its predecessors.

The story picks up where we left of in Reloaded. It flows smoothly without any hiccups. There is no unnecessary scenes (like the dance sequence in Reloaded). Every single scene further explains the story. It is the story that is the main theme of the movie, not special effects or cool fights. Revolutions is more about the explanation than exploration. As with any good movie the answers are not spoon-fed. Viewers have to use their brain and reasoning to find the details.

Some have mixed reaction abou the ending. I will say this, Matrix genre is not meant to be "happily ever after" type of movie. Therefore you shouldn't be expecting anything else other than what is given in the ending. It was destained for it. There is no other alternative.

In my view the final confrontation between Smith and Neo was done masterfully. This time it was not about the fight but ther magnitude of it. The theme "The world stands still when the fate is decided", is done masterfully by the brothers. Just shows how crafty they are in their direction. Again, some people were disappointed because they didn't see more "cool" action fight. This notion is, to say the least, childish. The confrontation here is the confrontation of the "choice" and "purpose".

The child character "Sati" brings a whole new dimention to the story, as brothers skillfully integrates the last group to be represented in Matrix series (the sub-continent people). Opening sequences between Sati and her family with Neo was quite engaging.

In special effects Revolutions just rocks. APO sequences (mech fights) and the attack on Zion is done masterfully. I watched on IMAX and couldn't find flaws. The sheer scale of these effects are mind boggling. They did not rush these effects (as was done in Reloaded). And the quality shows.

Finally I would say this, don't listen to what the reviews or other people say. Watch (and listen) it for yourself. Make your own judgement. Movie like this isn't made for the so called "general" public. Because those "general" public wants something where your brain sleeps and your eyes dances. But Revolutions is a movie where you have to run your brain overtime while your eye stays still.

This my rating for all of the Matrices:
Matrix 9.5/10
Matrix Reloaded 8/10
Matrix Revolutions 9/10

Nasif

P.S. I will be posting a thread to answer all of your questions from Matrix. You know you want some answers :-/

[Edited on 9-11-2003 by nasif]

Mahmood
November 9, 2003, 04:12 AM
Graphics - awesome.

Effects - nothing special.

Story - sucks.

Ok, so Agent Smith was taking over matrix, big deal, shut it off, restart it. Why were the machines so eager to make a cheesy peace (no terms of a century long blood war sease fire!!!!) when they have restarted the matrix many times before!!!

why have so much fire power and men die defending zion!!! All you had to do is create a million of EMP boxes. Keep them all off except one (just so the EMP don't knock all out), Blast one at a time to knock out any electronics thats on (ie= machines) in the blast radious. Then turn the next one on and wait for the next wave of attack.

Very disappointing to see the story built such a good plot, man versus machines, yet, took a silly end of men making ally with the rival machines to beat a software. They simply took the easy way out. What should have been the ending is, Neo uses his newly discovered real power, goes to machine city and takes the central command computer done, frees the human from slavery of matrix.

This might just a good movie, ,but simply was not up to the expectation the first 2 movies built in me.

Nasif
November 9, 2003, 04:39 AM
Ok, so Agent Smith was taking over matrix, big deal, shut it off, restart it. Why were the machines so eager to make a cheesy peace (no terms of a century long blood war sease fire!!!!) when they have restarted the matrix many times before!!!

Raj bhai read the answers thread. It will clear this issue. Smith cannot be killed, because of the gamble that Orcale has taken.

acker
November 21, 2004, 12:59 AM
How many of you Matrix characters are in this forum.

I have seen Agent Smith , Oracle and Orpheus so far.

Are their others?

And why the facination with the Matrix ?

Do some of you believe that there may be some parallel conections between the Matrix and the world we live in.

Am I a battery ?

Thread merged from this point
-Admin

Edited on, November 21, 2004, 8:59 AM GMT, by nasif.
Reason: Merge

Rubu
November 21, 2004, 01:18 AM
first off, orphious is not a metrix character, its morpheus.

why this fanicination? well, is there any movie as good as matrix or even come close to it? at least i don't think so. the original matrix (the matrix, part I u might say) is a master piece from any point of view. i've seen it at least 20 times so far, and still if i'm getting bored, i start watching it. the second one (two parts togather) was good but does not beat the first one by any means.

parallel collection? i don't think so. but again, u might think of it like this, we're all nothing but some buch of instructions in god's matrix. yeah, pretty much we all are battery. if we're not here, what would god do? would not get at least get bored?

acker
November 21, 2004, 01:23 AM
Could "Orpheous" be a typo of "Morpheous"

Nasif
November 21, 2004, 04:03 AM
Orphy's name is Orpheous, its not a typo.

arafath79
December 8, 2004, 08:08 AM
The actions are good but the story in matrix is <censored>!!!!