PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Cricket Team.

Yasin
May 8, 2007, 03:18 AM
If theres one team whose cricket I follow religiously after Bangladesh Cricket team, then it has to be the Pakistan Cricket team.
Match fixing scandals, doping scandals and ridiculous members in the Cricket board, but yet this team is so full of surprises. Love them or hate them, you cant ignore them. And I am one who love them. They have just announced their team for the series against Sri Lanka in Abu Dhabi. Two new faces in Najaf Shah and Fawad Alam.

Squad
Shoaib Malik (capt),
Salman Butt,
Imran Nazir,
Mohammad Hafeez,
Yasir Hameed,
Mohammad Yousuf,
Shahid Afridi,
Fawad Alam,
Kamran Akmal (wk),
Abdul Razzaq,
Mohammad Asif (vice captain),
Mohammad Sami,
Umar Gul,
Rao Iftikhar,
Najaf Shah.

The thing worth noting is the number of allrounders this team have got. Shaib Malik, Shahid Afridi, Razzaq, Hafeez and Fawad Alam. Rao Iftikhar has improved by leaps and bounds as a bowler and he is no mug with the bat too.

A talented team on paper. Worth watching them when they play against Sri Lanka who will be without Vass, Murali and Sangakkara.

abdulrahee
May 8, 2007, 09:58 AM
it should be imran farhat in place of hafeez

Pak_rox
May 8, 2007, 11:35 AM
n im one those who's a die hard fan of this team

I guess its a gud team , Imran doesnt deserve any place in the team , there's lack of technique in him , when hafeez got a better technique plus a gud fielder - the selection commitee told the reason of dropping imran farhat
n Fawad Alam im too happy that hes been selected

Russell2k7
May 8, 2007, 12:58 PM
NO man Hafeez is a pretty shitty player. Farhat is better choice.

Yasin
May 9, 2007, 02:52 AM
Farhat doesnt deserve a chance. An openers job is partly to score quick runs, not to slog every ball. His fielding in the slips leaves a lot to be desired. He makes Inzamam in the slip look like Jonty Rhodes. Hafeez is definitely a better choice. Better fielder, very handy bowler and scores more or less like Farhat.

chinatown
May 9, 2007, 07:59 AM
Fawad Alam is a very talented player. I heard he is also a very good hitter of the ball

abdulrahee
May 9, 2007, 11:28 AM
looks at the difference b/w hafeez and farhat averages and also farhat is in amazing form in domestic cricket that is why he deserve a chance

Tigers_eye
May 9, 2007, 11:38 AM
Farhat doesnt deserve a chance. An openers job is partly to score quick runs, not to slog every ball.
Going by your logic, Tamim can't be in our team since he also slogs. Correct?

Yasin
May 9, 2007, 12:20 PM
Going by your logic, Tamim can't be in our team since he also slogs. Correct?

Tamim isnt as experienced as Farhat. Tamim is a better fielder and most importantly one of the MAIN REASONS Tamim is chosen is because he SLOGS. Thats not what the Pakistan Cricket Team want Farhat to do. But that is what the Bangladesh Cricket Team want Tamim to do. We want quick runs to set up a decent score. Pakistan want a platform so that they can capitalise on it as they have more than decent big hitters to come in the form of Razzaq/Akmal/Afridi.

Tigers_eye
May 9, 2007, 12:48 PM
Tamim isnt as experienced as Farhat. Tamim is a better fielder and most importantly one of the MAIN REASONS Tamim is chosen is because he SLOGS. Thats not what the Pakistan Cricket Team want Farhat to do. But that is what the Bangladesh Cricket Team want Tamim to do. We want quick runs to set up a decent score. Pakistan want a platform so that they can capitalise on it as they have more than decent big hitters to come in the form of Razzaq/Akmal/Afridi.
It seems either you must have personal contact with PCB management or that is how you want Farhat to play. If they have Abdul Razzaq/Akmal/Afridi to slog, we have Aftab/Ash/Mushi to slog as well (Yes Mushi can slog too). I just want to know which management officials spoke to you about their strategies? One logic can work for both teams you know.

If you do not like Farhat's batting because he slogs then you can not appreciate Afridi's or Tamim's.

Do you know how many opening combinations they have changed for the 50/60 ODIs? Instead of shuffling openers every game a little bit of consistant chance can be calculated steps towards a permanent solution.

Anyways, wish good cricket from all players.

Pak_rox
May 10, 2007, 09:30 AM
Fawad Alam is a very talented player. I heard he is also a very good hitter of the ball
just one thing all of the paki plyrs r gud hitters

n why i don't want to hav farhat in the team coz malik said he wanna hav a right n left arm combination , so it means salman n yasir or salman n hafeez will open the innings , when salman is playing then theres no need of imran.

Yasin
May 10, 2007, 01:51 PM
It seems either you must have personal contact with PCB management or that is how you want Farhat to play. If they have Abdul Razzaq/Akmal/Afridi to slog, we have Aftab/Ash/Mushi to slog as well (Yes Mushi can slog too). I just want to know which management officials spoke to you about their strategies? One logic can work for both teams you know.

If you do not like Farhat's batting because he slogs then you can not appreciate Afridi's or Tamim's.

Do you know how many opening combinations they have changed for the 50/60 ODIs? Instead of shuffling openers every game a little bit of consistant chance can be calculated steps towards a permanent solution.

Anyways, wish good cricket from all players.

Thanks but no thanks, I dont have any contact with PCB, niether did any official talk to me about strategies, but thats common sense. Yeh you have written that they have changed so many opening combinations in the past 50/60 odis..why?? Because the openers arent being able to build partnership, thats why i said that the Pakistan Cricket Team dont want him to slog.

Afridi is great to watch, but I do not appreciate the way he plays.

If you would have an option to choose between Afridi/Razzaq/Akmal or Ash/Aftab/Mushi, which of the three would you choose for slogging. Every team is different. One logic may work for both the teams but it is not guaranteed that it will work. Every team have their own strategies.

Here I first started commenting on Farhat because iI prefer Haffez to Farhat, who is technically more sound, one of the best fielders of the Pakistan team and a very handy bowler too.

Farhad
May 10, 2007, 09:18 PM
Also a great fan of Pakistani cricket. Wishing them the very best... Also a great fan of SL cricket...Hmmm...What to do?

Yasin
May 11, 2007, 06:20 AM
Also a great fan of Pakistani cricket. Wishing them the very best... Also a great fan of SL cricket...Hmmm...What to do?

Lol...support both..may the best team win

Sohel
May 11, 2007, 02:49 PM
1. Imran Nazir
2. Salman Butt
3. Y. Hameed
4. Md. Yusuf
5. Yunis Khan
6. S. Malik
7. K. Akmal
8. S. Afridi
9. U. Gul
10. S. Akhter
11. Md. Asif

12th Man: Imran Farhat

Fazal
May 11, 2007, 02:58 PM
Farhat fined over selection rant
Agence France-Presse . Karachi
Pakistan opener Imran Farhat has been fined and reprimanded for a phone call he made to the chief selector after he was not picked for a one-day series against Sri Lanka, officials said Friday.
Chief selector Salahuddin Ahmed complained to the Pakistan Cricket Board about 24-year-old Farhat’s behaviour after he was overlooked for the three-match series to be played in Abu Dhabi next week.
‘The Pakistan Cricket Board has taken strong notice of the incident regarding the telephone call made by Imran Farhat to chief selector Salahuddin Ahmed,’ the PCB said in a statement.
‘After the complete review of the matter, the board has sanctioned Imran Farhat with 50 percent of his match fee for the first match that he now plays for Pakistan.

--newageBD (http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html)

Farhad
May 11, 2007, 07:52 PM
Farhat never DID have brains....

Pak_rox
May 12, 2007, 06:28 AM
1. Imran Nazir
2. Salman Butt
3. Y. Hameed
4. Md. Yusuf
5. Yunis Khan
6. S. Malik
7. K. Akmal
8. S. Afridi
9. U. Gul
10. S. Akhter
11. Md. Asif

12th Man: Imran Farhat
there r 3 plyrs r mistakes younis , akhtar n farhat arent in the squad , I'll prefer fawad & sami 4 them

patriot
May 12, 2007, 07:04 AM
Imran nazir
salman Butt..

This is by far Pakistan's best opening pair.Dunno why Butt was'nt picked for the WC. Butt is far better batsman than hafeez or farhat.

One World
May 12, 2007, 01:50 PM
Imran nazir
salman Butt..

This is by far Pakistan's best opening pair.Dunno why Butt was'nt picked for the WC. Butt is far better batsman than hafeez or farhat.

What?

Pak_rox
May 14, 2007, 10:47 AM
hes right salman is a better batsman than farhat n hafeez together

Yasin
May 14, 2007, 12:42 PM
hes right salman is a better batsman than farhat n hafeez together

Yeh Salman is definitely better than both and the fact that people talking about him being captain even when he didnt perform in the International scene...this lad seems to have something...but now that he has got the chance...he should make the right use of it...needs to improve his fielding though...hafeez is a better fielder than him undoubtedly....he is young...hopefully he will improve.

WarWolf
May 16, 2007, 04:52 AM
Farhat doesnt deserve a chance. An openers job is partly to score quick runs, not to slog every ball. His fielding in the slips leaves a lot to be desired. He makes Inzamam in the slip look like Jonty Rhodes. Hafeez is definitely a better choice. Better fielder, very handy bowler and scores more or less like Farhat.

According to your logic there is no place for Jayasuriya in Srilankan team as he slogs.

patriot
May 16, 2007, 08:11 AM
According to your logic there is no place for Jayasuriya in Srilankan team as he slogs.

Jayasuriya slogs??:confused:

Alien
May 16, 2007, 08:54 AM
I don't follow Pakistan cricket since Wasim Akram retired and Bangladesh got their test status which is about the same time, during 99 WC. Since then, Pakistan's cricket has sunk to real low with new comers and new scandals.

HereWeGo
May 17, 2007, 12:54 AM
i don mind saying that i dislike the team more than anything.... a lot of it has to do wit the history surrounding the county and the amount o scandal pakistan bought to the game. Sometimes when i look at the players i wonder if they are in a competetion of who has the bigger beard. To a degree i am happy that shoib malik is the new captain...

Yasin
May 17, 2007, 01:33 AM
Jayasuriya slogs??:confused:

Exactly...does Jaya slog?? Yes he used to and that led him to become an opener. Along with power comes responsiblity and thats what Jaya did....took up the responsiblity and he is one of the finest opening batsmen now...

Yasin
May 17, 2007, 01:37 AM

Dude...go and watch a few ODIS from the last few years..Jaya doesnt slog

cleazer
May 17, 2007, 01:46 AM
Does anyone know if the Pakistan/Sri Lanka series will be on tv in the US?
I don't see it listed on either Dish Network or Directtv.

Pak_rox
May 17, 2007, 01:47 PM
ohh i cant believe tom im gonna see the men in green AGAIN wuhooooooooo waited like everything for this n now itz tom , im desperately waiting for tom to see my boyzzz again......YA ALLAH help them plzzz coz they r really gr8 n INSHALLAH tom AFRIDI will kill the lankanz as well as ASIF will ...

WATCH OUT MY BOYS IN GREEN.THEY WILL BE BACK IN ACTION TOMMOROW

Yasin
May 17, 2007, 01:52 PM
i don mind saying that i dislike the team more than anything.... a lot of it has to do wit the history surrounding the county and the amount o scandal pakistan bought to the game. Sometimes when i look at the players i wonder if they are in a competetion of who has the bigger beard. To a degree i am happy that shoib malik is the new captain...

Yes there have been a lot that Pakistan cricket and cricketers were involved in. But not all is their fault. When Sarfraz Nawaz started reverse swinging it was termed as a "dark art". Everyone believe that he tampered with the ball. Credit wasnt being given to Pakistani bowlers even after Waqar and Wasim perfected the way to bowl reverse swinging deliveried. In Ashes 2005 when England bowlers led by Simon Jones destroyed the Aussies with those reverse swing deliveries and clinched back the Ashes, the cricket world applauded and were in awe.

Match fixing was the middle name of many players, not only Pakistani players, but also of South Africans and Indian players. Bangladesh beat Pakistan in 1999 and that match was said to be fixed. This time it were we who were not given credit.

The doping came into fore in 2003 bu the Shane Warne incident, and highlighted again by Shoaib and Asif. There is only negativity in this but hopefully the ICC will do something so that such things can be prevented.

I am not saying that they were free from scandals. But still they are a team worth watching.

Yasin
May 17, 2007, 02:00 PM
ohh i cant believe tom im gonna see the men in green AGAIN wuhooooooooo waited like everything for this n now itz tom , im desperately waiting for tom to see my boyzzz again......YA ALLAH help them plzzz coz they r really gr8 n INSHALLAH tom AFRIDI will kill the lankanz as well as ASIF will ...

WATCH OUT MY BOYS IN GREEN.THEY WILL BE BACK IN ACTION TOMMOROW

Yeh very excited to see the men in green to get back in the field...thats where they should be..at the end of the day hope they make headlines for the right reasons..looking forward to see Malik lead them superbly by example...and the bowling is another thing to watch for...not to forget the number of allrounders in the team.

Yasin
May 17, 2007, 02:02 PM
Does anyone know if the Pakistan/Sri Lanka series will be on tv in the US?
I don't see it listed on either Dish Network or Directtv.

Well ARY is probably showing in Europe and Middles East....dont know abt the US

qwert
May 17, 2007, 06:43 PM
well good news for all PAK and SRL fan. if you guyz wanna watch the match free we are showing the 1st ODI between PAK vs. SRL free at www.muftmaza.org (http://www.muftmaza.org)

and anyone know by any chance what time the match starting in USA.
Thanks

james007
May 17, 2007, 08:35 PM
^^ Who are u there? i m 007

qwert
May 17, 2007, 09:47 PM
^^ Who are u there? i m 007

sonny

cleazer
May 17, 2007, 10:41 PM
ThanksI think it starts at 8 am eastern.

Pak_rox
May 18, 2007, 03:28 AM
it will b starting 6 pm paki time

Pak_rox
May 18, 2007, 03:29 AM
Yeh very excited to see the men in green to get back in the field...thats where they should be..at the end of the day hope they make headlines for the right reasons..looking forward to see Malik lead them superbly by example...and the bowling is another thing to watch for...not to forget the number of allrounders in the team.
AMEEN SUMM AMEEN 3 n half hours left then ill see my boyz again
THE MEN IN GREEN

Yasin
May 18, 2007, 06:57 AM
it will b starting 6 pm paki time

is it 6 or 5:30 paki time?? In Abu Dhabi it will start at 4 pm ...so it should be 5:30 paki time

Shehwar
May 18, 2007, 07:12 AM
well good news for all PAK and SRL fan. if you guyz wanna watch the match free we are showing the 1st ODI between PAK vs. SRL free at www.muftmaza.org (http://www.muftmaza.org)

Thanks

Where is ur link?

Yasin
May 19, 2007, 01:29 AM
Good win for Pakistan. Hope they can win the series now. Fielding has improved but can yet be better. Bowling was good, but would have liked to see Malik bowling a few overs. Batting was good except for the running between the wickets. Salman Butt and Nazir got a 50+ opening partnership but it is the next two matches which will lay out the foundation if these two are the openers Pakistan have been looking for.