PDA

View Full Version : Zaheer, Munaf, Jaffer Not Allowed Beef?

sharifk
May 8, 2007, 01:00 PM
No offense please, and not that we as BD fans should worry about the diet of the Indian team. But without mentioning the name of the TV station, Jamie Alter of CricInfo stated in "The Week That Was ... April 30 - May 6," a CricInfo coulmn, that a local BD TV channel has managed to show the Indian team diet card, "which forbids red meat..." Is it really true that Zaheer, Munaf, Jaffar or anyone interested can't eat beef while touring with their team?

DJ Sahastra
May 8, 2007, 01:34 PM
Is it really true that Zaheer, Munaf, Jaffar or anyone interested can't eat beef while touring with their team?

Yes, because it is offensive to the cows of the touring team is allowed to eat beef.

bharat
May 8, 2007, 01:59 PM
I hope everyone can see the humor in it. No offense please, and not that we as BD fans should worry about the diet of the Indian team. But without mentioning the name of the TV station, Jamie Alter of CricInfo stated in "The Week That Was ... April 30 - May 6," a CricInfo coulmn, that a local BD TV channel has managed to show the Indian team diet card, "which forbids red meat..." Is it really true that Zaheer, Munaf, Jaffar or anyone interested can't eat beef while touring with their team?

I guess it is just nonsense ..I am not sure what image BD media gives about Indian Muslims ..but the fact of the matter is beef is sold and eaten openly in India ..and cant imagine the team card forbidding red meat ...

If that is true by any chance ..then India cannot be secular ..and I am sure it is.

Nafi
May 8, 2007, 02:05 PM
Meh Im allergic to beef :lol:

Fazal
May 8, 2007, 02:08 PM
Meh Im allergic to beef :lol:

I am also alergic to cows...... but only two legged cows

Sohel
May 8, 2007, 02:39 PM
i'm getting allergic to tongue and cheek comments with nothing but hot air... smelling a little like feet. i'm sorry about whatever unresolved issue that makes people find twisted pleasure in mean spirited soundbites.

sharifk
May 8, 2007, 03:03 PM
I guess it is just nonsense ..I am not sure what image BD media gives about Indian Muslims ..but the fact of the matter is beef is sold and eaten openly in India ..and cant imagine the team card forbidding red meat ...

If that is true by any chance ..then India cannot be secular ..and I am sure it is.

bharat, I hope you are right and CricInfo is wrong reporting it. Otherwise they will miss some Old Dhakaia savor.

allrounder
May 8, 2007, 03:16 PM
How you know that Zaheer, Munaf and Jaffer eats red meat??? Espically Munaf Patel is a gujju and possibly would be a vegetarian more than a meat eater. Anyway read meat is not good for health anyway, I try to avoid it as much as possible. If anyone wants to eat something not in the menu, they can go out and order some on their own and eat right? May be red meat was not selected by team due to health reason. Why does this has to be an issue and then magnified by opening a thread????

sharifk
May 8, 2007, 03:26 PM
How you know that Zaheer, Munaf and Jaffer eats red meat??? Espically Munaf Patel is a gujju and possibly would be a vegetarian more than a meat eater. Anyway read meat is not good for health anyway, I try to avoid it as much as possible. If anyone wants to eat something not in the menu, they can go out and order some on their own and eat right? May be red meat was not selected by team due to health reason. Why does this has to be an issue and then magnified by opening a thread????

allrounder, if someone's to host any of the visiting members, won't it be rightful to know if anything is restricted or not? we are hosting them, aren't we? it was a question to confirm whether the indian team management indeed has such restriction on their players.....tell me how else would i have learned the truth? if you don't like, you don't need to read...

sharifk
May 8, 2007, 03:55 PM
Also as bhrat has suggested

i also thought india was secular, but if the new's true, just like bharat said it wouldn't be or would it still? anyway it's a curiosity...

RazabQ
May 8, 2007, 04:02 PM
guys - most athletes avoid red meat during certain portion of their training regimen. It ain't religion. It's health grounds.

sharifk
May 8, 2007, 04:06 PM
that's a good reason...i can't also have much of it due to my high cholesterol ......anyway i still want to know it for my record.....can anyone please confirm if he/she is sure about this restriction....

Fazal
May 8, 2007, 04:17 PM
allrounder, if someone's to host any of the visiting members, won't it be rightful to know if anything is restricted or not? we are hosting them, aren't we? it was a question to confirm whether the indian team management indeed has such restriction on their players.....tell me how else would i have learned the truth? if you don't like, you don't need to read...

Tumi Kego Bhai? Any way involved in the food managemnt team of the host country? If so, what's in the menu for guests before the 1st ODI?

sharifk
May 8, 2007, 04:57 PM
what's in the menu for guests before the 1st ODI?

no need to worry, before the match the guests can have as much dessert as they like, afterward though all will be for the tigers!!! we must treat and show the guests who refuse to host us how to host!!!!

Fazal
May 10, 2007, 03:13 PM
no need to worry, before the match the guests can have as much dessert as they like, afterward though all will be for the tigers!!! we must treat and show the guests who refuse to host us how to host!!!!

Kintuuu Bhai.... looks like the desert was served in the wrong table and our Captain gubbled it all by himself.

sharifk
May 10, 2007, 04:25 PM
Kintuuu Bhai.... looks like the desert was served in the wrong table and our Captain gubbled it all by himself.

one possibility is....someone or two might have exchanged their dessert for the steak of the BD table....

Alien
May 13, 2007, 08:50 AM
guys - most athletes avoid red meat during certain portion of their training regimen. It ain't religion. It's health grounds.

Well that explains it.

Padosan
May 16, 2007, 10:48 AM

Crap ! whats secularism got to do with this ???

Diet restrictions are a part of any sports, there are other items restricted in the menu too. Do you guys even know that the players are not allowed more than 2-3 rotis/bread with ice cream and fruits during lunch ?? Now thats a cruelty against humanity, if this is true, India is not humane. :p

And for the thread starter , be sensible .. why do you have to just mention muslim players in the team ?? crap again .. !!! BS thread [edit]

Ehsan
May 16, 2007, 11:12 AM
As I mentioned in the other thread and I am going to repeat it here again. Please DO NOT attack the poster, attack the message. Don't bring it on to a personal level.

Ehsan
- Mod

Tigers_eye
May 16, 2007, 12:15 PM
:timeout: You can't be serious. Specially living is US.

MJ had a stake couple of hours before of his game almost every single game. That was part of his diet and his pregame preparation. I am talking about one of the best athlete the world ever saw. So that the protein he had would give him instant reward while he was giving his all on the court by dunking on 7 footers.

Red meat is bad for health only when one becomes a couch potato. Or the peson is old and metabolic rate has reduced significantly. Doctors in the house can explain the bad affects better than me. But for athletes protein in their diet is more important than rice or carbohydred. Red meat is one of the easy source of protein.

sharifk
May 18, 2007, 09:58 AM
Okay, I see some people are angry about the thread, so let me just clarify as to why I had started this thread. I wanted to be confirmed if the news was true. And if it was, I would be curious to know the reason(s). I had no problem accepting it if it would be for the health related reason although it's debatable that red meat is bad for athletes. On the other hand, I had also read (without being able to verify) articles that cow slaughtering isn't allowed in many parts of India due to religious feeling. I wanted to know if the restriction has the reason behind it. Still want to blame my curiosity?

Kabir
May 18, 2007, 10:21 AM
Some members are getting furious unnecessarily. Relax man...try to digest some news without showing your temper!

Sovik
May 18, 2007, 10:47 AM
why are we making a big news out of it. whatever the reason is its not our problem. let them worry about it. as long as our players are getting beef i won't complain

tonoy
May 18, 2007, 10:51 AM
I love this forum. Lets all hold hand and sing kumbaya! ;)

Sovik
May 18, 2007, 10:55 AM
I love this forum. Lets all hold hand and sing kumbaya! ;)

lets do it

AsifTheManRahman
May 18, 2007, 01:47 PM
Okay, I see some people are angry about the thread, so let me just clarify as to why I had started this thread. I wanted to be confirmed if the news was true.

I'm sure it's true. I remember reading what diet the players were on before the tour to bangladesh somewhere. Red meat is no good for sportsmen, and that was the only reason. To think that it would have anything to do with religion is mindless.

it's debatable that red meat is bad for athletes.

i thought the negative externalities were universally accepted. chicken breasts, veggies and whole wheat bread all the way, baby!

Surfer
May 20, 2007, 03:44 AM
Let me throw some light:

Beef is not prohibited for any Indian player.

The problem for food for the Indians started when the south Indian players started complaining about food on away tours. Most south Indians are strictly vegetarians and on certain parts of the world they dont find healthy and tasty vegetarian food. Thats when the Indian team management decided to ensure certain quality of food for all the players that would fulfill the basic requirements. The chart included good amounts of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food items. The team management tries to make sure that most of these items are available when they tour. Beef is not a part of this list as more than half of the team does not eat beef and non-availability of beef does not create a food crisis for those who eat it. However, if a player wants to have beef, he can - order it and the team management will make it available if its locally available - can order it from room service and all food bills are paid by BCCI - can travel outside and have it in a restaurant.

Hope this clears all doubts.

Sovik
May 20, 2007, 03:48 AM
Let me throw some light:

Beef is not prohibited for any Indian player.

The problem for food for the Indians started when the south Indian players started complaining about food on away tours. Most south Indians are strictly vegetarians and on certain parts of the world they dont find healthy and tasty vegetarian food. Thats when the Indian team management decided to ensure certain quality of food for all the players that would fulfill the basic requirements. The chart included good amounts of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food items. The team management tries to make sure that most of these items are available when they tour. Beef is not a part of this list as more than half of the team does not eat beef and non-availability of beef does not create a food crisis for those who eat it. However, if a player wants to have beef, he can - order it and the team management will make it available if its locally available - can order it from room service and all food bills are paid by BCCI - can travel outside and have it in a restaurant.

Hope this clears all doubts.

yes, it did. thank you

GoldenAsif
May 20, 2007, 06:57 AM
As I mentioned in the other thread and I am going to repeat it here again. Please DO NOT attack the poster, attack the message. Don't bring it on to a personal level.

Ehsan
- Mod

Shabbash. If only more people implemented this.

As for all this talk of beef it is making me hungry and wanting to eat some.

Yesterday I had chicken and lamb..but no beef...lol, now I read this thread.

Ganguly da
May 20, 2007, 04:17 PM
Bharat needs to know the definition of "secularism"

BEEF is NOT openly sold and eaten everywhere in india, just some places where a lot of muslims reside. INfact, Beef is banned in some states.

Heck, McDonalds doesn't sell beef in their menu in INDIA with respect to Majority, when they are famous for their hamburgers around in the world.

Beef is only sold in very few restaurants in India, specially in restaurants owned by muslim owners near places where most muslims live. I myself went to several muslim owned restaurants for their famous mutton biryani...yummmm

Example of India's secularism: no body forbids muslims from eating beef, as long as they don't openly market it to everyone, and Indian muslims respect that and they don't do that.

To the thread starter: so, if Danish kaneria, the only hindu member of pakistan team wanted to eat pork, would he be allowed? Before pointing fingers at India, you need to talk about others too and not be biased.

Surfer
May 20, 2007, 11:44 PM

BEEF is NOT openly sold and eaten everywhere in india, just some places where a lot of muslims reside. INfact, Beef is banned in some states.

Heck, McDonalds doesn't sell beef in their menu in INDIA with respect to Majority, when they are famous for their hamburgers around in the world.

Beef is only sold in very few restaurants in India, specially in restaurants owned by muslim owners near places where most muslims live. I myself went to several muslim owned restaurants for their famous mutton biryani...yummmm

Example of India's secularism: no body forbids muslims from eating beef, as long as they don't openly market it to everyone, and Indian muslims respect that and they don't do that.

To the thread starter: so, if Danish kaneria, the only hindu member of pakistan team wanted to eat pork, would he be allowed? Before pointing fingers at India, you need to talk about others too and not be biased.

Very well said....

CVP
May 21, 2007, 12:06 AM
Most Indian Mulsims dont eat beef anyways

sharifk
May 21, 2007, 08:00 AM

I can't speak for pakistan team management as to what they allow or don't allow, but as far as Kaneria's right he should be allowed to eat anything he would like to eat. Do you know any diet restriction for the team pakistan?

Surfer
May 21, 2007, 09:49 AM
I also want to say that threads like these should not be allowed which bring an accusation without a source. If someone must post something like this, he should give a direct link to the source or openly admit that its his personal belief/doubt.

Rumors start like this.

Here is a search of the word "Beef" on cricinfo and I cant find that article: http://content-search.cricinfo.com/ci/content/site/search.html?search=beef&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

I request the thread starter to provide the link here.

Bengaliprince176
May 21, 2007, 10:56 AM
who cares??!?!?! as long as they get to enjoy the great taste of ileesh maach, begun and aloo posto, they will experience delicious bangla food ;)

sharifk
May 21, 2007, 11:02 AM
I also want to say that threads like these should not be allowed which bring an accusation without a source. If someone must post something like this, he should give a direct link to the source or openly admit that its his personal belief/doubt.

Rumors start like this.

Here is a search of the word "Beef" on cricinfo and I cant find that article: http://content-search.cricinfo.com/ci/content/site/search.html?search=beef&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

I request the thread starter to provide the link here.

i have clarified a few times that it's a curiosity thread, and i wanted to know the truth, which some have clarified already, but i don't understand why some people are so scared of the truth.......why people get so offended when uncomfortable questions are asked.....anyways...here's the article that made me curious:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/293347.html

Ganguly da
May 21, 2007, 09:47 PM
who cares??!?!?! as long as they get to enjoy the great taste of ileesh maach, begun and aloo posto, they will experience delicious bangla food ;)

ahaahha, ganguly will enjoy the ileesh maach and aloo posto.....others will stay away from ileesh maach, too many bones to pick..hahah

@sharif: don't know abt pak's diet....but eating biryani and ghee should not be there, especially during series when players have to be fit.

al Furqaan
May 21, 2007, 10:33 PM
steaks are great, but personally i like goat better...

Zunaid
May 21, 2007, 11:20 PM
steaks are great, but personally i like goat better...

It takes one to know one.

Surfer
May 22, 2007, 01:34 AM
i have clarified a few times that it's a curiosity thread, and i wanted to know the truth, which some have clarified already, but i don't understand why some people are so scared of the truth.......why people get so offended when uncomfortable questions are asked.....anyways...here's the article that made me curious:

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/293347.html

Dont take it personally and I didnt mean to hurt you. But when you are drawing reference from a partucular article, you should always provide the link.....specifically when the reference involves an accusation.