PDA

View Full Version : Very impressed with Piyush Chawla; bright prospect for International cricket

Miraz
May 12, 2007, 06:23 AM
Dream debut for Piyush Chawla 10-0-37-3. I am more impressed with the variety in his bowling. Superb control in deliveries with nice googlies.

IMO, a future star have just made his debut in International cricket. he should be nurtured properly. He is a bright prospect.

cricket_pagol
May 12, 2007, 07:04 AM
I thought the delivery that got Ashraful was very nicely bowled googly... this kid definitely has a bright future.

karimjay.
May 12, 2007, 07:49 AM
Bounced back well after being dispatched by a boundary, first ball of international cricket.

Not the start he wished for.

al Furqaan
May 12, 2007, 04:05 PM
the ash delivery was good...but his other 2 wickets were tail enders...

nonetheless very tidy spell of bowling...lots of promise in the young lad.

cricman
May 12, 2007, 04:07 PM
the ash delivery was good...but his other 2 wickets were tail enders...

nonetheless very tidy spell of bowling...lots of promise in the young lad.

Any different than Razzak?

al Furqaan
May 12, 2007, 04:34 PM
Any different than Razzak?

razzak's gotten a lot of prize scalps over the years...if piyush can maintain razzak's stats with ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT FROM HIS CAPTAIN'S FIELD SETTINGS i'll agree with your your naive comment.

razzak can no longer be called a minnow basher, WC 07 proved that much. sure, he's struggled this series, but so what? he took 3-38 in the WC the biggest of stages, in a must win situation. even warne got smacked by "lowly" us and lara owned murali as if he was kunta kinte.

honestly, this lame habit of diefying all things indian cricket must stop...mind shedding the harness?? deifying tendu, or even dravid and dada, i can understand...but chawla???

while we're at it, lets go ahead and declare ghambir's knock one of the finest in ODI history due the immense pressure brought on by the opposing captain.

sorry for the rant, i know no one has said anything of the sort, but this implicit inferiority complex has got to end...its ended amongst our players (barring habbu) but many fans still love to be subjugated it seems.

we are NOT a top side, but we aren't the team of the 90s getting thrown around by the other teams.

remember this: had we even had a terrible captain, this series would have most likely been tied 1-1, or we might have had a 2-0 lead even. and that is with assoka's biggotry too.

Zobair
May 12, 2007, 11:00 PM
very promising indeed!

Hatebreed
May 13, 2007, 12:37 AM
I was impressed, he bowled some nice googlies. A very talented young cricketer and bright prospect for India.

chinatown
May 13, 2007, 01:47 AM
he is a very good bowler....got some variety

nzfan
May 13, 2007, 02:50 AM
it doesnt matter if razzak isnt preforming that well in this series he is young, and still gaining experience

Kabir
May 13, 2007, 02:54 AM
First show, good show...congrats. Too early for any further credits, but try to keep it up.

orzoon
May 13, 2007, 06:27 AM
remember this: had we even had a terrible captain, this series would have most likely been tied 1-1, or we might have had a 2-0 lead even. and that is with assoka's biggotry too.

This from a veteran BD Fan like you could not help me but seriously doubt your cricket-gyaan.Anyway ,be happy in your dreamland. ....."might have's","if's" don't matter in real cricket.

orzoon
May 13, 2007, 06:32 AM
It is too early to start judging Chawla at this stage,he was not that successful against the England team in the test match that he played 1or 2 years back in Mohali.But,Piyush bowled well in the last ODI match .Let's see how he fares against the SL and the Pak batsmen ,maybe we might know then.

cricman
May 13, 2007, 06:41 AM
razzak's gotten a lot of prize scalps over the years...if piyush can maintain razzak's stats with ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT FROM HIS CAPTAIN'S FIELD SETTINGS i'll agree with your your naive comment.

Razzak Benefits most from the defensive settings when does get his wickets there usually LBW's, Bowled, WK dismissals. Having the wrong field settings doesn't hurt him as much as a Mortaza. The point I was trying to make you dismissed Chawla's innings as 1 biggie and 2 FIsh, what Raj usally does is take a Big Scalp like an SRT and get the rest in Death which usually is in the tail.

What does Chawla have to do with us losing the first ODI?

criccric
May 13, 2007, 04:15 PM
Its early days. I'd like to see his wicket taking ability under adverse conditions - when defending low scores, or batsmen are on a rampage or pitch is not as favorable. These situations differentiate men from the boys.

However, agreed that it was after a long time I saw an Indian spinner spinning the ball and the one which got Ash was quite a masterclass for someone bowling the 2nd international over of his life.

WarWolf
May 16, 2007, 04:53 AM
He is a better replacement for Anil Kumble.

Sohel
May 16, 2007, 05:46 AM
:clap:... piyush chawla: deceptive flight and loop, great rotaion of the ball on its own axis, the ability to turn the ball and make it dip before contact can only remind us of one man... i hope the impending indian media hype doesn't mitigate what piyush has to offer to the world...

bd_fan_from_india
May 16, 2007, 08:55 AM
nice to c u guys praising an indian youngster:)

piyush chawla is a exciting prospect. he has done well at the u-19 level and besides being a spinner, he is a useful all-rounder as well and can bit a bit. india have found a good replacement for anil kumble just after he retired. and after 1-2 years, do watch out for shehbaz nadeem, a 17-year old left-arm spinner

Tigers_eye
May 16, 2007, 09:19 AM
It is too early to start judging Chawla at this stage,he was not that successful against the England team in the test match that he played 1or 2 years back in Mohali.But,Piyush bowled well in the last ODI match .Let's see how he fares against the SL and the Pak batsmen ,maybe we might know then.
Just so that you know a year or two can change many thing in cricket. If we had the WC on 2004 we wouldn't qualify for 2nd round, yes? He is a good prospect. :wave: :wave: harbajan!!

Protic
May 16, 2007, 12:30 PM
Piyush is good.. and about razzak..if he was playing for the aussie team..trust me..brad hogg's days were over..and razzak would have been a match winner more often.

james007
May 17, 2007, 08:47 PM
Indians can't produce any good bowler. they suck

psj
May 18, 2007, 06:46 AM
Indians can't produce any good bowler. they suck

True..and they dont even do drugs to improve their bowling.we shld learn frm our neighbours.:wave:

Rifat
May 19, 2007, 09:14 PM
True..and they dont even do drugs to improve their bowling.we shld learn frm our neighbours.:wave:

it's good to see that bangladesh is well respected in the world of cricket today... i remember a few years ago people made fun of me just because i am from bangladesh... tears fill my eyes when these scenes reappear... hopefully those days are over

al Furqaan
May 19, 2007, 09:30 PM
This from a veteran BD Fan like you could not help me but seriously doubt your cricket-gyaan.Anyway ,be happy in your dreamland. ....."might have's","if's" don't matter in real cricket.

you can doubt whatever you want. doesn't mean a goddamned thing

let me guess, you might believe or have believed in one/some/all of the following:

- india are the best team in the world or among the best
- indian batsmen, barring the exception, are NOT flat track bullies
- india would win WC 07
- india will win WC 11
- yada yada yada

yep, i think its fair to say that i could have said any number of brilliant things and you would still doubt my cricketing "gyaan" because what i happen to post doesn't confirm your anti-BD bias/biggotry.

i fully agree about not living with "couldas", "wouldas", and "shouldas"...which is why i am completely over ashoka's idiocies.

but that doesn't change the fact that he was India's MoM for ODI 1 and quite possibly for the series.

dissprove that if you please.

al Furqaan
May 19, 2007, 09:34 PM
not to mention you know nothing about bashar's captaicy, otherwise you wouldn't have made such a ludicrous assertion.

bashar is 95% of the problem with BD cricket right now. it wasn't that way 2 years ago, but it is today.

psj
May 20, 2007, 04:34 AM
but that doesn't change the fact that he was India's MoM for ODI 1 and quite possibly for the series.

Dont get stuck with that loss buddy..You will loose more if you continue to depend on Umpire's to win matches...
Couldnt your world beating team get the players out again....??
These sort of things happn in Cricket..Welcome to the Big league guys....

Alien
May 20, 2007, 08:42 AM
Ashraful re je payesh banae charse....replay dekhle mone koshto lage..

Alien
May 20, 2007, 08:46 AM
Dont get stuck with that loss buddy..You will loose more if you continue to depend on Umpire's to win matches...

Why is it that you act like you have won the World Cup? For Heaven's sake you guys are no way near as good as Australia so stop acting like you are best out there coz you are not.

You guys got 1 billion people and the best you can come up are a bunch of supermodels who only get to cherish their victory against emerging cricket nations like ours.

psj
May 21, 2007, 01:06 PM
Why is it that you act like you have won the World Cup? For Heaven's sake you guys are no way near as good as Australia so stop acting like you are best out there coz you are not.

You guys got 1 billion people and the best you can come up are a bunch of supermodels who only get to cherish their victory against emerging cricket nations like ours.

We have not won the World Cup and you too have not won the World Cup..We are just trying to get BD to come to terms with stuff like Umpiring errors..

We have a billion ppl ..rite..,atleast we can come up with supermodels...
I hope u get the point.

al Furqaan
May 21, 2007, 08:31 PM

in that case, bangladesh has been in the 'big leagues' far longer than the other 9 Test nations.

so you think it would be a fair match if say, doctrove turns down all 10 of our wickets the first time around?

do you think a line-up of mcgrath, wasim, waqar, and murali could take 20 wickets in 2, 2 and a half sessions???

big league cricket should have big league umpires, who have big league vision and don't make little league mistakes.

making a right call on LBW decisions is not rocket surgery.

our SLA razzak does not bowl at 160 k so that the ump couldnt' see where the ball was going.

jabbar
May 21, 2007, 08:52 PM

With due respect to al Furqaan, he is not the first BD fan (veteran or otherwise) who has ranted and despaired with Bashar's poor performance, and particularly his captaincy. Unfortunately, it's true that Bashar's incompetence as a batsman, and particularly as a captain, has cost his team too often in recent times.

Kabir
May 21, 2007, 11:33 PM
A thread that started with appreciation of a new talent turned out to be an appreciation of personal attacks.

Good going guys. No wonder we, the people from subcontinent, can have a few heads turn when we talk in the streets in NA. We, the people from subcontinent, are generally short-tempered, and like pointing our fingers at others more than anything else.

Alien
May 22, 2007, 12:21 AM
We have not won the World Cup and you too have not won the World Cup..We are just trying to get BD to come to terms with stuff like Umpiring errors..

Get over it. When umpiring errors go your way you wouldnt be here whinging.

We have a billion ppl ..rite..,atleast we can come up with supermodels...
I hope u get the point.

Yeah I get the point. A bunch of supermodels is quite an achievment for a nation of 1 billion. No wonder they do better in Miss Universe than World Cup.

psj
May 22, 2007, 08:42 AM
A thread that started with appreciation of a new talent turned out to be an appreciation of personal attacks.

Good going guys. No wonder we, the people from subcontinent, can have a few heads turn when we talk in the streets in NA. We, the people from subcontinent, are generally short-tempered, and like pointing our fingers at others more than anything else.

Yes Kabir,,How much ever we try to say we are not like you ,we are better..It doesnt mean much..In the end we are all the same ppl seperated by man made boundaries...
all this forum fights. its not bad...we are only having fun...i hope others too share the same perception.

Fazal
May 22, 2007, 09:11 AM
Very impressed with Bhaigna Kabir; bright prospect for International Peace Prize.

Alien
May 22, 2007, 12:06 PM
Was Gandhi ever awarded Nobel Peace? Makes no sense to award Dr. Yunus the "peace" prize and not Gandhi.

Miraz
June 23, 2007, 07:29 AM
The boy is delivering beauty against Ireland.

if selected against England, he can make the difference.

voodoo_dreams
June 24, 2007, 05:33 PM
the kid's handy with the bat too.

Electrequiem
June 24, 2007, 07:48 PM
It's refreshing to see him bowl. His multiple variations can be lethal.

al Furqaan
June 26, 2007, 12:01 PM
3-47 against the saffers...i take it back, he is def a good prospect.

Shafin
June 29, 2007, 10:26 AM
nice to c u guys praising an indian youngster:)

piyush chawla is a exciting prospect. he has done well at the u-19 level and besides being a spinner, he is a useful all-rounder as well and can bit a bit. india have found a good replacement for anil kumble just after he retired. and after 1-2 years, do watch out for shehbaz nadeem, a 17-year old left-arm spinner
Forget Kumble,if you can nurture him properly,you've got the next Leggie of the 10 years.Yes,with due respect to kumble,The torch that warne bared from kadir should be rightfully Chawla's,if he can keep it up and dont let your media get into his heads,He got all the needed quality in him.:clap:

Zobair
June 29, 2007, 09:07 PM
Having watched more of this promising young man here are my observations:

1. Excellent cricketing head on his shoulders
2. Doesn't get fazed when batsmen attack him
3. Excellent control of the line and length, and the amount of spin he imparts on the ball
4. His leg-spinners don't turn as much.
5. A fantastic doosra in his armoury and a sharp-spinning one at that, much bigger turn than his leg-spinners.

bd_fan_from_india
June 30, 2007, 12:44 AM
piyush chawla has the potential in him to be the best spinner in the 5 years. he can turn the ball and has the potential to take wickets. best of all, he is only 18 and he can improve a lot as a cricketer

al Furqaan
June 30, 2007, 12:50 AM
Having watched more of this promising young man here are my observations:

1. Excellent cricketing head on his shoulders
2. Doesn't get fazed when batsmen attack him
3. Excellent control of the line and length, and the amount of spin he imparts on the ball
4. His leg-spinners don't turn as much.
5. A fantastic doosra in his armoury and a sharp-spinning one at that, much bigger turn than his leg-spinners.

if he's a leg spinner, isnt his doosra called a googly?

Sohel
July 1, 2007, 04:38 AM
PC rocks harder than ... well, you just fill in the blanks. That added aggression will make him the NEXT great spinner of world cricket. Monty may surprise us all, especially in English conditions, but a duly nurtured PC won't with those 1000 plus wickets in both forms of the game before he calls it a day. Cullen Bailey will be right there with him.