PDA

View Full Version : Australia or Pakistan?

fwullah
August 18, 2002, 11:05 PM
Today's Prothom Alo has said that PCB has chosen Colombo for its October Test series because nobody has to move anywhere after the ICC Championship trophy have finished.

But, it has also said that Sharjah was chosen over Bangladesh (Dhaka) because Australian players have decided against it.

So far, I haven't seen any news on Internet supporting this info. Did anybody on this board have read this info somewhere?

Because, as far as I know, it was the Pakistani players who have preferred Sharjah over Dhaka because they think of Sharjah as their home ground, not the Australian players.

Mahmood
August 20, 2002, 09:58 AM
It a wrong news. It Pakistan who chose Sharjah over Dhaka.

Australia loves Dhaka. Specially they cant forget thet double ton by Beaven. To them, its a batting heaven.

Probably, Pakistan had that in mind too.

James90
August 21, 2002, 02:25 AM
Did you guys get to watch how Beven single handedly won Australia the match against New Zealand?
Australia chasihng 214 were about 4/43 when Beven came in and were about 6/104 at a stage too. Then he scored 102* while batting with Lee, Warne and Bichel for a memorable victory

Mahmood
August 21, 2002, 12:15 PM
I am a big fan of Beven. I think he is the best ODI batsman. It makes me sad to see Australia is wasting his talent by not palying him in tests.

A batsman that good, must make a great test cricketer. he should be given enough chance. He deserves it.