PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Bangladesh can win the TEST

shimul99
May 17, 2007, 03:38 PM
This is a challenging situation now. The time has come when Bangladesh team should show the rest of the world that they can change the pre determined result of the test match before it begin from a Big Team Like INDIA (?). I believe from my heart that Bangladesh Cricket team is capable to do that. Just play their natural game. We already know what Naafes, Gull a can do as an opener. Also think about Ashraful, Sakib, & basher. AGNI PORIKKHA for Bashar (He already proves that he is not good enough for One Day team, now this is the time for the TEST test). Except one selection I think everything is perfect and Bangladesh is set to WIN the first Test against INDIA. The only change is Khaled Masud. As we know he is not with the international cricket for a while. Also we saw that how good form MUSHFIQUE is now. Forget the politics and think about the team that can really win the TEST. AS we say MUSHFIQUE’s performance I think he can do great in the test cricket. This is the time GUYS.
GOOD LUCK TO BANGLADESH TEAM. May GOD be with us all the time.
:flag:

damalChele
May 17, 2007, 03:40 PM
welcome. yes our boys can win anything.

bulbul_fan
May 17, 2007, 03:54 PM
no man....we dont have temparment to win test.Our batsman play test like odis and we need 1 more good fast bowler like mashrafe.

Sohel
May 17, 2007, 03:56 PM
welcome. yes our boys can win anything.

on their day, definitely. they'll need more than 1 for the tests... i'll let my heart do the talking on this one until i see them in action tomorrow... again... GO TIGERS!!! :fanflag:

Rifat
May 17, 2007, 04:03 PM
keep your head up and you never know... concentrate like there is no tomorrow, (which might be true in anycase, so play like there is no tommorrow and let's hope for the best)

nzfan
May 17, 2007, 04:07 PM
you need bashar to set aggressive fields
and the batsman need to think about shot selection, if its wide outside off, leave it alone, dont go for a wild slash at it

sensible
May 17, 2007, 04:21 PM
Batting wont win the test match for Bangladesh, or any country for that matter. To win, we have to bowl the opponents out twice. That's 20 wickets. So we have to have bowling capacity to do just that. Add the weather factor and everything else on top of that. I know Mashrafee is doing great. We also have good spin attack. But given all these, we don't have the bowling to get 20 wickets. So at this point, our best strategy should be to play for a draw. Some of you will argue that we have been close to winning tests at least a couple of times. But I'd remind you that both times, one player stood between a win and a draw/loss and we did not have an answer to that. But if we can improve our batting, if our players just plays sensibly, then we can draw any test. We don't have to be aggressive in batting, don't need 4s and 6s. Just play solid defense....the weather will get to the fielding side.....

shimul99
May 17, 2007, 04:28 PM
The key issue of Bangladesh team will the batting and fielding....those are our strength compared to the bowling. Just have the keep the consistent bowling. No Magic can happen from that point because Indian tem is also a Batting based team. Basher have to set up really tight fielding that thinking about extraordinary bowling from the bowling squad.

Tigers_eye
May 17, 2007, 04:39 PM
Session by session. One at a time. Patience and building partnership. Cook just showed us how to do. However, I feel we have too many petiersons and not enough cooks. At home anything is possible with the heat building up and a buira Indian team... . Australia found out how difficult it was. Ar india tho kothakar sar.

To win overseas we are two fast bowler (with brains) short.

capslock
May 17, 2007, 04:40 PM
My Mama said we should win by 6 wickets on the fifth day.

Fazal
May 17, 2007, 04:41 PM
Who is your Mama?

babubangla
May 17, 2007, 04:48 PM
Who is your Mama?

Boro Mama
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~gdasika/other/sadhu.jpg

Mejho Mama
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41334000/jpg/_41334970_ap_sadhu416.jpg

Choto Mama
http://www.ojaiyoga.org/images/sadhu.jpg

WarWolf
May 17, 2007, 04:49 PM

Tell you Mama that BD will win the toss and elect to bat first.:timeout:

capslock
May 17, 2007, 04:52 PM
Who is your Mama?

That's a good question.

Fazal
May 17, 2007, 04:54 PM
That's a good question.

If its your Boro Mama (with cell phone) then I can trust his prediction. I hope its not your Choto Mama, he looks like Bhua.

btw thanks Babu Bangla

capslock
May 17, 2007, 05:06 PM
If its your Boro Mama (with cell phone) then I can trust his prediction. I hope its not your Choto Mama, he looks like Bhua.

btw thanks Babu Bangla

How dare you insult my Chhoto Mama? He was in line to coach Bangladesh until ruled out due to chronic diarrhoea.

cricketlvr
May 17, 2007, 05:18 PM
Boro Mama

Mejho Mama

Choto Mama

LOL :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

Why can't Bangladesh win...we got all the Indian players out (10 wickets) during the World Cup...so I still have hope .

No one expected Bangladesh to win then...no one really expects them to win now. I'm not saying they WILL win, but I think they CAN win if all the players put in their best effort. Our bowlers are very good (I'm going to miss Razzaq:( )...it's the batting I'm worried about...since I'll be up all night watching the games, I hope they put up a good show...:waiting:

:fanflag:

cricket_pagol
May 17, 2007, 05:26 PM
Let's hope that we can put up a good fight :) If we can do that, victory is not too far away.

Babubangla thanks for the post!!!

IanW
May 17, 2007, 05:30 PM
To win, we have to bowl the opponents out twice. That's 20 wickets. So we have to have bowling capacity to do just that. Add the weather factor and everything else on top of that. I know Mashrafee is doing great. We also have good spin attack. But given all these, we don't have the bowling to get 20 wickets. So at this point, our best strategy should be to play for a draw.

Masrafee and Shahadat are a good pair of fast bowlers - they are certainly equal to any pair on the Subcontinent before the Wasim Akram/Srinath era.

They do the damage on day one, spinners kick in a couple of wickets, then in the second innings the roles change.

Five days is too long to play for a draw.

Bat sensibly, bowl well and keep the pressure on in the field.

Ian Whitchurch

Sohel
May 17, 2007, 05:59 PM
playing all five days without too many moronic lapses + ash & shakzie getting 100s + the glorious uncertainties etc... sure we can win! :flag:

damalChele
May 17, 2007, 06:50 PM
on their day, definitely. they'll need more than 1 for the tests... i'll let my heart do the talking on this one until i see them in action tomorrow... again... GO TIGERS!!! :fanflag:

of course they can with anything (on their day)..the bracket bit? you have to read between the lines.:-p

May 17, 2007, 07:02 PM
:-DI really don't expect! I mean i do want them to win, i m sure every 1 does... But i m not saying that tigers have to win. If they do win i wouldn't be surprise, becaz cricket is a funny game! and they haven't played test for long time. So it would be heard!!

:-pSo i will be happy if they wins, but i m not saying that they have to win............

:-|THEY SHOULD TRY THEIR BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!
GU HARA HErona!!!!!!!!!!!! Vhalo Khelo!!!!

ssaadi123
May 17, 2007, 08:39 PM
my mind is saying bd gonna win a test!! :)

bang
May 18, 2007, 04:52 AM
This is a challenging situation now. The time has come when Bangladesh team should show the rest of the world that they can change the pre determined result of the test match before it begin from a Big Team Like INDIA (?). I believe from my heart that Bangladesh Cricket team is capable to do that. Just play their natural game. We already know what Naafes, Gull a can do as an opener. Also think about Ashraful, Sakib, & basher. AGNI PORIKKHA for Bashar (He already proves that he is not good enough for One Day team, now this is the time for the TEST test). Except one selection I think everything is perfect and Bangladesh is set to WIN the first Test against INDIA. The only change is Khaled Masud. As we know he is not with the international cricket for a while. Also we saw that how good form MUSHFIQUE is now. Forget the politics and think about the team that can really win the TEST. AS we say MUSHFIQUE’s performance I think he can do great in the test cricket. This is the time GUYS.
GOOD LUCK TO BANGLADESH TEAM. May GOD be with us all the time.
:flag:

Bangladesh will defeat India in Test match :lol: :lol: .India won most matches outside subcontinent after AUSTRALIA IN Test cricket .You Bangladeshi fans stop dreaming and face the on slaught of Indians as Indians demolish your team in their own country.:floor:

Fortuner
May 18, 2007, 05:43 AM
winning is goin to be difficult.making india all out once is getting difficult, cnt think 2nd innings but bangladesh can draw teast matches.

fai_hasan
May 18, 2007, 05:54 AM
there is a 16/1 chance that we would win.

i'm counting on it.

fai_hasan
May 18, 2007, 05:56 AM
Tell you Mama that BD will win the toss and elect to bat first.:timeout:

mama is right, you are wrong.:timeout:

cricket_king
May 18, 2007, 08:29 AM
Hmmmm.....good question. The answer is: NOT WITH THIS TEAM.
We need players like mushfique, tamim and aftab. These are the players who PERFORM.
Our current team has players like mehrab who plays 150 balls, scores 30 and gets out without even scoring a half century. Just useless in my opinion.

nannu
May 18, 2007, 08:37 AM
we can win. with paglababar karshazi.

Aritro
May 18, 2007, 08:41 AM
Hmmmm.....good question. The answer is: NOT WITH THIS TEAM.
We need players like mushfique, tamim and aftab. These are the players who PERFORM.
Our current team has players like mehrab who plays 150 balls, scores 30 and gets out without even scoring a half century. Just useless in my opinion.

I reckon we give Mehrab a chance to fail in Test cricket before we write him off as a failure in Test cricket.

Your barbs should be directed towards players like Javed Omar and Tushar Imran, who've already shown they're not up to the standard. Fortunately only one of the two managed to make this squad.

Rajowana
May 18, 2007, 09:48 AM
Boro Mama

Mejho Mama

Choto Mama

hahahahahahahahahahaha:floor: :floor: :floor: U guyz are reli funny!!!!

SS
May 18, 2007, 09:49 AM
I have to wait till tommorrow to answer/predict? IND is in top now and they are professional enough to secure the top position unlike our batsmen.
tommorrow will tell almost everything!

MSR-BD
May 19, 2007, 01:14 PM

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Rajowana
May 19, 2007, 01:18 PM
i think they can win and if not then a draw.

tonoy
May 19, 2007, 01:21 PM
A win is highly doubtful, but a draw is highly undoubtful. :D

One World
May 19, 2007, 06:03 PM
We cannot win anything in cricket with this kind of umpiring.

Rifat
May 19, 2007, 11:32 PM
we can win. with paglababar karshazi.

"bengali superstition" jodi kaj hoito tahoile amra ar dui hazaar tin shale canadar shathe hartam naa. lol

MysoreHuli
May 21, 2007, 02:23 AM
BD winning this series is just a big joke.

genius5000
May 21, 2007, 12:29 PM
i think its rediculous to say that an allrounder shouldnt take the captaincy
dont forget IMRAN KHAN !!!
we should have more aggressive attitude - Mashrafee is the right man for it!

mash's fitness excuse will take us backward
ash is a brilliant player but look at his consistency ...
under pressured as vc
he is too young and still talks like a kid!

Whatmore & Bashar are our bad influence - they make us feel minnow everytime!
they tell the boys in the dressing room "hey let's make this match draw"
and now we see that we can even win it !
they tell the boys "we are here only to be in Super 8"
then we saw the team we beat SA gets to the semi and loose against Ire - shame!

stop underestimate yourself
get 'we are the best' attitude
that will do!

al Furqaan
May 21, 2007, 12:45 PM
no man....we dont have temparment to win test.Our batsman play test like odis and we need 1 more good fast bowler like mashrafe.

actually this test will be more like an ODI, i think we will end up having to chase 300 with 70 overs...do able, very doable if the wicket stays flat.

but the way our batsmen threw their wickets away against no name bowlers makes me shudder.

i will be happy with any kind of draw, and hope our batsmen can put up 350 in mirpur

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 01:27 PM
not impossible, highly improbable...:-|

Ahg984
May 21, 2007, 01:44 PM
This match in all likelihood is heading for a draw. Bowlers from both sides are pretty ineffective on this flat batting track. They only get wickets when batsmen play rash shots in an effort to accelerate the game or due to misguided judegment. Unless Kumble plays tomorrow I wouls say theres a 65% chance of draw, 25% chance of IND win (if their bowlers turn around and become superstars) and 10% chance of BD win (if their batsmen click and dont throw away wickets).

cricket_pagol
May 21, 2007, 02:03 PM
If we bat first in the second test and put up a good total, i think we have good chance of beating india... it will be much sweeter than a ODI series win :)