PDA

View Full Version : John Buchanan's XI

Protic
May 17, 2007, 09:29 PM
John Buchanan was recently asked to make a XI (ODI) out of all the teams.
He didnt wanted to put up a XI.. but he did put a 21 man Squad.

And wat he came up with..is quite amazing.
He took no player from India and West Indies.

Buchanan's 21:
Batting :
M.Hayden
A.Gilchrist
R.Ponting
M.Clarke
M.Hussey
K.Sangakkara
A.DeVillers
J.Kallis
K.Pieterson
M.Yousuf
S.Malik

Bowling :
G.Mcgrath
N.Bracken
C.Vaas
S.Bond
M.Muralitharan
M.Rafique
D.Vettori
B.Hogg
--------------------
According to him..his team has the best batsmen/all rounder and best 4 seamers with best 4 spinners in the world NOW.

Source : Jugantor.

Offtopic : wonder..if ASIAXI selector was Buchanan.. mm..the best coach in the world? lol.. Srilanka,Bangladesh,Pakistan would have dominated ASIA XI.

gatekeeper
May 17, 2007, 09:33 PM
I wonder if Hogg, Braken and Clarke would've made it to anyone else's top team. Good selection otherwise.

Protic
May 17, 2007, 09:39 PM
GK : man ..i think Clarke will make it to any top odi XI.. highly doubt Hogg though.. but hey the team is based on performances.. because if it was for stats.. Put all the indians in.
Bracken & Hogg performed very well recently.

Rabz
May 17, 2007, 10:45 PM
Good to see Rafiq in the list.
He would make any team id say.

bd_fan_from_india
May 18, 2007, 12:00 AM
no indians:mad:

gatekeeper
May 18, 2007, 12:15 AM
no indians:mad:

I think Bucanan picked his team based on the WC performance.

yaseer
May 18, 2007, 01:52 AM
He took no player from India

rightly done

Fortuner
May 18, 2007, 01:57 AM
gud2seee no indians.buchanan noes indians are more of a hype. india jst on paper has the best batting line up.reality if wht matters.rafique is better bowler than kumble or bhajji n buchanan got that rite.

buchanan dint take on wc performace coz if he did take..wht did .m . yousuf , m,. hussey do in the wc n so does s . malik.....

zohra
May 18, 2007, 10:11 AM
rafique is better bowler than kumble or bhajji n buchanan got that rite.

Hahahahahahaahahah :lol: :lol:

Sohel
May 18, 2007, 11:03 AM
indians are not required to perform in order to be included in EVERYTHING... must be a conspiracy... AGAIN... >:)

DJ Sahastra
May 18, 2007, 11:41 AM
It's Buchanan's personal preference - I don't see why Indians would have a fuss.

But it's interesting to see all the reaction by the BD members. :)

Btw guys, Rafique has run out of time before he can achieve 1/10th of what Kumble already has and 1/3rd of what Bhajji already has - it is a miserable comparison.

akabir77
May 18, 2007, 11:51 AM
It's Buchanan's personal preference - I don't see why Indians would have a fuss.

Btw guys, Rafique has run out of time before he can achieve 1/10th of what Kumble already has and 1/3rd of what Bhajji already has - it is a miserable comparison.

You also have to remember he had to bowl only one innings (in TEST) most of the time and in ODI we didn't had enough run on the board for batters to go against him. if he had luck like thos two you mentioned he could easily gone 100*2

kalpurush
May 18, 2007, 12:08 PM

Btw guys, Rafiq ... it is a miserable comparison.

Yes! I agree with you DJ. That's why no Indian bowlers aren't in the list!!;)

Hatebreed
May 18, 2007, 12:11 PM
That's a very good squad. Glad to see a Bangladeshi in it and no Indian.

al Furqaan
May 18, 2007, 12:33 PM
its a BS list, razzak should be over rafiq.

bang
May 18, 2007, 12:58 PM
John Buchanan was recently asked to make a XI (ODI) out of all the teams.
He didnt wanted to put up a XI.. but he did put a 21 man Squad.

He took no player from India and West Indies.

Buchanan's 21:
Batting :
M.Hayden
A.Gilchrist
R.Ponting
M.Clarke
M.Hussey
K.Sangakkara
A.DeVillers
J.Kallis
K.Pieterson
M.Yousuf
S.Malik

Bowling :
G.Mcgrath
N.Bracken
C.Vaas
S.Bond
M.Muralitharan
M.Rafique
D.Vettori
B.Hogg
--------------------
According to him..his team has the best batsmen/all rounder and best 4 seamers with best 4 spinners in the world NOW.

Source : Jugantor.

Offtopic : wonder..if ASIAXI selector was Buchanan.. mm..the best coach in the world? lol.. Srilanka,Bangladesh,Pakistan would have dominated ASIA XI.

The Indians have themselves to blame as even Vivian Richards thr great west indian player also included no Indian in his list of world 11 .As a Indian fan i feel it to be a bit harsh but today that is what world cricket think about India.Congratulations to Bangladesh for their player inclusion .I hope India lifts 2011 world cup to silent our critics.Just like Bangladeshis we Indians too live on hope that our team will win one day :lol: :lol: .

AsifTheManRahman
May 18, 2007, 01:15 PM
its a BS list, razzak should be over rafiq.

agreed. otherwise, it's not a bad team at all. pretty fair i would say.

al Furqaan
May 18, 2007, 02:30 PM
agreed. otherwise, it's not a bad team at all. pretty fair i would say.

well if its specfically WC, yes its OK.

but if its overall...there has to be some indian players.

yes, they are flat track bullies, yes they are over hyped ad infintum, yes they cocky, yes they are the biggest underachievers in world cricket, but still those numbers should count for something.

a player like SRT, is great say what you want about him not being to win a WC out of 4 tries with 90% of the worlds known cricketing "talent"

Ganguly da
May 18, 2007, 03:04 PM
good thing Buchanan is retiring....

Protic
May 18, 2007, 04:00 PM
I woudnt say Rafique is better than Kumble.. but Bhajji? He is totally an over rated star.. Amoung of money,chances,facilitities he got early in his career..if that was supplied to Rafique..;] U dont need a guess. Bhajji delivers a doosra 1 per every year..and he is so famous..and becomes the Turbanator.. ROFL.. He has very little to show in his career...but again Kumble is better than Rafique.

Nafi
May 18, 2007, 05:12 PM
Razzaq is ranked the 2nd best spinner after murali, and is younger.

Anher
May 18, 2007, 06:06 PM
if its based on WC performance i dont mind. otherwise...buchanon and whoever supprot his team got short memory dieases.

Master..blaster...Sachin is the "christ of modern cricket". i dont see anyone beating his record next 50 years.

zohra
May 18, 2007, 09:14 PM
well if its specfically WC, yes its OK.

but if its overall...there has to be some indian players.

yes, they are flat track bullies, yes they are over hyped ad infintum, yes they cocky, yes they are the biggest underachievers in world cricket, but still those numbers should count for something.

a player like SRT, is great say what you want about him not being to win a WC out of 4 tries with 90% of the worlds known cricketing "talent"

Smells like jealousy and inferiority complex...nothing more..nothing less ;-)

Tintin
May 18, 2007, 10:43 PM
good thing Buchanan is retiring....

and is probably writing a book for which he would need to stir up some nice controversies. This is a lame one though.

cricket_king
May 18, 2007, 11:01 PM
I wonder if Hogg, Braken and Clarke would've made it to anyone else's top team. Good selection otherwise.

clarke probably shouldnt have.......but bracken and hogg are more than acceptable

One World
May 19, 2007, 02:30 AM
The Indians have themselves to blame as even Vivian Richards thr great west indian player also included no Indian in his list of world 11 .As a Indian fan i feel it to be a bit harsh but today that is what world cricket think about India.Congratulations to Bangladesh for their player inclusion .I hope India lifts 2011 world cup to silent our critics.Just like Bangladeshis we Indians too live on hope that our team will win one day :lol: :lol: .

Very nice spirit bang. BTW I didnt know Viv has a similar list.