PDA

View Full Version : New Age: McInnes Next Bangladesh Coach

billah
May 18, 2007, 12:00 AM
Can anyone verify this news?

http://www.newagebd.com/spt.html

McInnes next Bangladesh coach
Bipin Dani . Mumbai The Bangladesh Cricket Board�s former high performance manager and Under-19 coach Richard McInnes is all likely to be Dav Whatmore�s successor, it is learnt here on Thursday.
According to highly-placed sources in Dhaka, the discussions with McInnes are almost over and negotiations with regard to the payment structure will take place once he reaches Bangladesh later this month. �Initially he will be appointed for two years,� a source said.
�We shortlisted few names. John Wright and Ray Jennings did not show interest and players want Richard McInnes who is familiar with our team, cricket and culture.
�We are also keen to have a bowling coach from Sri Lanka (Champaka Ramnayake) or Pakistan (Aaqib Javed) and batting coach from West Indies (Gordon Greenidge, or Viv Richards) or Pakistan (Javed Miandad) but negotiations will take place with them once our head coach is appointed.�
The 33-year-old McInnes comes from a country whose cricket and cricketers have epitomised attitude, physical and mental toughness for the past decade. He is now working as a senior coach with Cricket Australia�s Centre of Excellence.
He has also worked with Australia�s national team as a performance analyst where he was responsible for coordinating the team�s video analysis and computer software operations.
McInnes, when contacted over his cell-phone in Australia, confirmed having had talks with BCB general secretary Mahbubul Anam.
�Yes I did have talks with the BCB official and I expressed my willingness to accept the job. They (BCB members) would discuss among themselves before reverting back to me,� he signed off.

Aritro
May 18, 2007, 12:01 AM
It's nice to have some good news (albeit unconfirmed) while this farce is in progress.

gatekeeper
May 18, 2007, 12:13 AM
It's nice to have some good news (albeit unconfirmed) while this farce is in progress.

Right. It would be fitting if BCb wrapped up the deal before this series finished. On a different note I would like to see Miandad as the batting coach.

nmhimal
May 18, 2007, 12:15 AM
good to read that

Nocturnal
May 18, 2007, 12:20 AM
hope it is true. very good news by the way. :)

Rabz
May 18, 2007, 12:23 AM
Sounds like a great news.
McInnes got the experience, know-how of our condition.
he also got the respect from the boys..

can anyone verify ??

catstrophy
May 18, 2007, 01:14 AM
This is music to my ears... we need verification soon!

wiseshah
May 18, 2007, 01:19 AM
i am glad we didnt select any sub continent player as a coach, sub continent coaches are sucks, so is bangladeshi coach, if we get BD coach, we will never have mentality to win, never

Antora
May 18, 2007, 01:29 AM
omg i hope this is true... if it is...... party at my place!!!

gravitY
May 18, 2007, 01:40 AM
good news indeed, but i want NO Miandad, there's a chance team may be splitted into few groups, I'm worried abt that. Only person i'd like to see from Pakistan is Washim Akram, Aquib is okay too..

Orpheus
May 18, 2007, 01:46 AM
are we gonna play with Barbies?

yaseer
May 18, 2007, 01:55 AM
my 1st choice was john wright....but from the news he shown no interest..so no point contacting him any more....also players wanting Mcinnes...that is very important...so Mcinnes will be a good idea...at least he knows our players and has some sort of exp.

yaseer
May 18, 2007, 01:56 AM
Having greenidge or miandad as batting coach will be a very bad idea....at least bcb must not think abt miandad as a batting coach....as a coach he failed many times previously....no point having a under-world person like him....he will break the team discipline

Antora
May 18, 2007, 02:34 AM
are we gonna play with Barbies?

omg what do u think i am a 5 yr old or sumfin????

Aritro
May 18, 2007, 02:36 AM
omg what do u think i am a 5 yr old or sumfin????

He wouldn't be the only one.

Hatebreed
May 18, 2007, 02:40 AM
This is the best news I've heard lately, I hope it's genuine. I have high hopes for our team with Mr. McInnes as the coach. So please BCB, give him whatever salary he wants, jewels, anything - just do it!

Antora
May 18, 2007, 02:42 AM
He wouldn't be the only one.

FAR OUT!!! DO I REALLY SOUND LYK A 5 YR OLD 2 U??

Hatebreed
May 18, 2007, 03:55 AM
FAR OUT!!! DO I REALLY SOUND LYK A 5 YR OLD 2 U??

You're not really helping yourself.

Fortuner
May 18, 2007, 04:24 AM
I suppose BCB as well other concerned did read us here in BC. We all wanted Richard and Inshallah he is comin back. Hope he will throw Bashr from odi squad some how...ahaha

Hatebreed
May 18, 2007, 05:58 AM
Two more sources for this news-

http://www.newkerala.com/news5.php?action=fullnews&id=30667
http://story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/b8de8e630faf3631/id/249606/cs/1/

Rabz
May 18, 2007, 06:05 AM

oh...i was planning to head down south for a week or so anyways..
one more reason i can add now.. :D

whenz the party??

TheWatcher
May 18, 2007, 06:24 AM
I wonder whether McInnes will be willing to accept Ash as the next captain or he will force selectors to choose SN.

cricket_pagol
May 18, 2007, 06:52 AM
Two more sources for this news-

http://www.newkerala.com/news5.php?action=fullnews&id=30667
http://story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/b8de8e630faf3631/id/249606/cs/1/

Now, we can begin to feel confident about this news!!! McInnes, welcome to Bangladesh once again!!!

Aritro
May 18, 2007, 07:32 AM
I wonder whether McInnes will be willing to accept Ash as the next captain or he will force selectors to choose SN.

On today's showing I think Ash'll make a fine captain.

But I won't be bothered either way as long as he forces the issue and expediates Bashar's dismissal.

capslock
May 18, 2007, 08:27 AM
Now, we can begin to feel confident about this news!!! McInnes, welcome to Bangladesh once again!!!

Indeed, nothing like an authoritative source on Bangladesh cricket news like the New Kerala and Malaysian Sun...

Hatebreed
May 18, 2007, 08:32 AM
Indeed, nothing like an authoritative source on Bangladesh cricket news like the New Kerala and Malaysian Sun...

Exactly. BBC is green with envy.

Kabir
May 18, 2007, 08:40 AM
Now that is some good news indeed.

SO can we get a head count of those unhappy members? I think I can see one sitting far away...with heads down!

Tokai
May 18, 2007, 08:47 AM
Great News. Now only if we could get a good captain, we'll be within top 5 within a year!

Nafis_BD
May 18, 2007, 09:43 AM
Absolutely great news. I want Sir Viv Richards to be our batting coach and I really want Wasim Akram as our bowling coach but is that posible???

tonoy
May 18, 2007, 10:07 AM
Absolutely great news. I want Sir Viv Richards to be our batting coach and I really want Wasim Akram as our bowling coach but is that posible???

Is it possible? Are you kidding?! Put yourself together man! Was winning the world cup possible?! But look at us now we... oh shoot I forgot we didnt win the world cup :(. Nevermind Ill shut up now.:-|

akabir77
May 18, 2007, 10:11 AM
Good news at last. I am very confident that he can keep track of the other coaches so i careless who is our batting fielding coach as long as they were good when they were players. My choice of batting coach would be some one from Australia. remember we need some one who can force the discipline in our batsmen. they r already talented just needs the discipline which i think no big shot can do better than a filed level coach from aussie. Bowling coach definitely Aqib or wasim or waker. they know talent and they can help bcb find new faces and properly grow them.

MohammedC
May 18, 2007, 10:26 AM
Very good news that McCinnes is going to be our new coach, I hope the news is not a fluke.

Sauron
May 18, 2007, 10:57 AM
Wow!!! This will be dream come true. Those young ones are obviously excited. The old ones (esp. Ha Ba) will start sweating. I hope that the first step that McInnes takes (provided he gets/takes the job) is to kick out Ha Ba.

Spitfire_x86
May 18, 2007, 11:19 AM
SO can we get a head count of those unhappy members? I think I can see one sitting far away...with heads down!
Who? :)

layperson
May 18, 2007, 12:06 PM

Me :doh:

betaar
May 18, 2007, 12:06 PM
I am happy that the new administration of BCB did not falter on picking the right coach. To be honest, I think McInnes is better then any other coach for BD that's available out there. First of all he's not highflying like Buchanan or Wright who probably are better suited for teams that are already up there but needs some tweaking. For a upcoming team like BD we need a coach that's willling to work hard not just for the team but also for his own interest to become a hot commodity in coaching market for other big teams in future.

Wellcome back McInnes and hope to see you back on BC to share your valuable comments.

May be BC should reserve a McInnes corner on permanent basis on the front page if it's ok with McInnes and his new employer BCB.

Kabir
May 18, 2007, 12:16 PM

Look look...I see some smiles :)

Kabir
May 18, 2007, 12:19 PM
May be BC should reserve a McInnes corner on permanent basis on the front page if it's ok with McInnes and his new employer BCB.

Actually, I don't think McInnes would have any problem with it, and neither will BCB. They'll probably follow the same type of contract every coach has. And public speaking is one of the things that the coaches must do...so the only question is, what type of public speaking will they be allowed to do.

Can anyone tell me when was the last time McInnes logged into BC? Or would you rather assume that he occasionally visits the forum without logging in?

kalpurush
May 18, 2007, 12:19 PM
On a different note I would like to see Miandad as the batting coach.

You are inviting "trouble" at your own cost!;)

Kabir
May 18, 2007, 12:23 PM
You are inviting "trouble" at your own cost!;)

Oh no no. Gatekeeper is there to keep out trouble. He's just filtering out the bad coaches...and inviting the good one in :)

AsifTheManRahman
May 18, 2007, 01:07 PM
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!

Guys, lungi jhaira boshen. We are winning the 2011 WC.

BCB marry me!

Rajowana
May 18, 2007, 01:09 PM

BCB marry me!

hahahahahaahhahaha:lol: :lol:

MohammedC
May 18, 2007, 01:16 PM
Whats going to happen to Akram Khan?

AsifTheManRahman
May 18, 2007, 01:19 PM
Whats going to happen to Akram Khan?

He can go sit in a corner for the period of his contract.

The last thing I want is anyone from the BCB, be it a selector or some other official, meddle with McInnes' business, if he is matched with the position that is.

TheWatcher
May 18, 2007, 01:19 PM
DS said McInnes is considered as an assistant coach, not as the head coach.

Jamie Siddons, a Cricket Australia assistant coach and performance analyst, is almost certain to get the nod.

But BCB are waiting for a reply from former India coach John Wright as well. It was learnt that the New Zealander has asked for time to give his decision. BCB will take the final decision only after getting response from the former New Zealand captain.

Richard McInnes is also in the list as an assistant coach but it will only be decided after finalising the head coach.

BCB waiting on Wright (http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/05/19/d70519040331.htm)

Hatebreed
May 18, 2007, 01:21 PM
If McInnes accepts to be asst. coach, and Siddons gets head coach - would that be a good or bad thing? Two Australian coaches sounds like a dream to me.

Ahmed_B
May 18, 2007, 01:27 PM
Its interesting that all three sources of the news of McInnes being BD coach are Indian. None of the local newspapers hav yet published any news of McInnes being the head-coach.

I will wait until BCB makes official declarations of it. :)

sadi
May 18, 2007, 01:29 PM
Looks like BCB is really pushing for Wright. I like the second option though. Two Australians from Cricket Australia sounds really good to me.

Rajowana
May 18, 2007, 01:30 PM

hahahaha a party:D

tonoy
May 18, 2007, 01:47 PM
I think BCB really wants Wright, because he is a safe option.

babubangla
May 18, 2007, 02:30 PM
BCB Marry me!

By the power vested in me by the people of BC Forum,
I now pronounce you husband and wife.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/babubangla/marriage.jpg

Nocturnal
May 18, 2007, 02:36 PM
babubangla bhai....jobab nai. :lol::lol:

Rajowana
May 18, 2007, 02:38 PM

hahahahaahahahahha the simpson!!!!
man this thread is funny wid funny people lolz:lol:

al Furqaan
May 18, 2007, 02:44 PM
DS said McInnes is considered as an assistant coach, not as the head coach.

as long as mcinnes is associated in some coaching aspect, we should be fine...

how is john right?

MohammedC
May 18, 2007, 02:45 PM
is this Bangla Cricket Forum or Bangla Pagol Forum i sometime wonder

aanu_engrr
May 18, 2007, 02:46 PM
BCB waiting on Wright
Sports Reporter from Chittagong- Tha daily Star

The dilemma of the next coach of the Bangladesh cricket team is the most demanding question in the arena at the moment.

There has been a lot of speculations about the successor of Dav Whatmore, who will quit the job after the ongoing home series against India, but Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) was not ready to say anything as a precautionary measure.

However, it was learnt that the BCB high-ups have already made up their minds about the possible candidates for the hot seat. According to sources, Jamie Siddons, a Cricket Australia assistant coach and performance analyst, is almost certain to get the nod.

But BCB are waiting for a reply from former India coach John Wright as well. It was learnt that the New Zealander has asked for time to give his decision. BCB will take the final decision only after getting response from the former New Zealand captain.

Richard McInnes is also in the list as an assistant coach but it will only be decided after finalising the head coach. The sources said that the board will take the decision about the Australian after consulting with the head coach.

BCB is even ready to appoint a local coach for the upcoming Sri Lanka tour next month if Wright wants to take more time.

capslock
May 18, 2007, 02:52 PM
Wright is most likely waiting on the Indian decision, he probably wants his old job back.

TheWatcher
May 18, 2007, 03:06 PM
Wright is most likely waiting on the Indian decision, he probably wants his old job back.
No, I think he is waiting on PCB. He showed interest in Pakistan earlier, but PCB kept him on hold for DW.

layperson
May 18, 2007, 03:14 PM

:floor: :floor: But why is ATMR the wife ?? Even his screen name says "the Man".

layperson
May 18, 2007, 03:15 PM
I think JOhn wright is an excellent choice. If not John Wright then any other coach from australia would do fine i think. Specially someone from their academy.

JamesBond
May 18, 2007, 03:16 PM

well may be India will pay more.. this means this coach cares about money more then anything :)

SS
May 18, 2007, 03:18 PM
IND media publishing news of BD coach...why can't they just ignore this topic and leave us alone. Do they think we don't have any media to publish our news.

aanu_engrr
May 18, 2007, 03:19 PM
http://amardeshbd.com/sub_section.php?issueID=443&sub_section_id=8&NewsID=110572&NewsType=bistarito

JamesBond
May 18, 2007, 03:38 PM
that sucks eh? I think we can think of some newly retired players... u know whom i am talking about? Why dont we consider McGrath for bowling coach? the bowler who played with batsmen's brain!!!!

Faceoff
May 18, 2007, 03:41 PM
Congrats to ATMR. Wish you guyz all the best !!!

Nafis_BD
May 18, 2007, 06:07 PM

ATMR bhaiya u didn't invite ur little bro to ur marriage???I am so sad!!!:(:mad: :mad: :-P :(
But I am being a great little brother and congratulating you!!!Layperson uncle u weren't invited to the party either right????

PS:Great piece BB bhaiya!!!!!

ammark
May 18, 2007, 06:35 PM

Dawaat pailam na. afsos, afsos :waiting:

Nafis_BD
May 18, 2007, 06:43 PM
U r not alone Ammark bhaiya he didn't call his little brother (ME) and His uncle(Layperson Uncle) and lots of other people........I think he diodn't invite Kabir bhaiya either and who else Mahir bhaiya ohh the list is too long!!!!Really Sad ATMR bhaiya!!!!Dissapointed!!!!I am sure all of ATMR bhaiya's bros and uncles in the BC is really dissapointed at u!!

Kabir
May 18, 2007, 09:37 PM
Wait...haisha loi...tarpor post korum :floor:

Kabir
May 18, 2007, 10:32 PM
Wait...haisha loi...tarpor post korum :floor:

Okay, hasha shesh korsi. Now I've got good news for you guys.

Here's McInnes' Last Activity: May 16, 2007 07:58 AM (EST)

This was just before we heard the news about him. I think he came here to see if we know about it already or not. Who agrees with me? :D

layperson
May 18, 2007, 10:43 PM
Okay, hasha shesh korsi. Now I've got good news for you guys.

Here's McInnes' Last Activity: May 16, 2007 07:58 AM (EST)

This was just before we heard the news about him. I think he came here to see if we know about it already or not. Who agrees with me? :D

Stalker alert !!!!!:-p

Hatebreed
May 18, 2007, 11:16 PM

Hahaha :floor: "in happiness and McInnes".... nice one.

Dhakablues
May 18, 2007, 11:27 PM
Now,, where is this Asst. Coach position coming from? Is that like the Batting/bowling Coach thing? I mean,, why would McKinness leave his Australian position to become assitant coach for a #9 team? isnt that kinda backwarding career?
I am not trusting these news agencies,, they come up with "creative" news every other day

sheikh
May 19, 2007, 12:24 AM
Its interesting that all three sources of the news of McInnes being BD coach are Indian. None of the local newspapers hav yet published any news of McInnes being the head-coach.

I will wait until BCB makes official declarations of it. :)

Well..The NAYA DIGNTA has published a news on the possibility of Mclnnes being the coach, but didn't really give any idea about their source. May be they came to know about it from Banglacricket.com. Who knows?

Antora
May 19, 2007, 12:26 AM

BCB marry me!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rabz
May 19, 2007, 01:58 AM
Babu bhai... once again.. simply great..

talking about the coach saga....it seems to me that..

Both India and Pakistan wants the current Bangladesh coach while BD wants former Indian coach while he waits to see and try his luck with either India/Pakistan.

Why dont these three countries just sign a trilateral aggrement to sweep swap each other's coach at the end of a certain time period.

And whats with this coaches??
Cant get enough of currie food??

SMHasan
May 19, 2007, 08:45 AM
Prothom-alo reported that McInnes wants to be the head coach not the assistant coach. And BCB is trying to get Jamie Sddons. Now I hope John Wright doesn't come here and McInnes gets the chance. I believe McInnes will be sincere than anybody else.

Hatebreed
May 19, 2007, 08:51 AM
If McInnes wants the head coach position, give it to him!

Tahsin Chowdhury
May 19, 2007, 01:10 PM
NEW AGE new edition of searching Coaches.....hmm,confused...............

BCB still chasing Wright
as national coach
Azad Majumder . Chittagong

The Bangladesh Cricket Board is desperate to have former New Zealand captain John Wright as coach of the national team at the end of Dav Whatmore’s tenure this month, said top officials on Friday
Wright, who successfully served as India coach from 2000-05, reportedly agreed to work in Bangladesh only in an advisory role, said a top official asking not to be named.
‘We had a discussion with him on a number of occasions, but he yet to agree to become our head coach. He wants to stay with the family, which might be the reason that prompted him to disagree. However, we are not giving up hope yet. So, we will wait until he says completely no,’ said the official who is closely involved with the process of finding Whatmore’s successor.
The wait for Wright has apparently delayed the appointment of a new coach despite Whatmore’s present term, which has been extended by a month due to the India series, expiring within less than two weeks.
Bangladesh are scheduled to travel to Sri Lanka in the second week of June to play three Tests and as many one-dayers, meaning the BCB will get hardly any time to appoint a successor. ‘Even if we get any green signal from Wright, we may not even appoint a full-time coach for the Sri Lanka tour. In that case, a local coach might accompany the team during the Sri Lanka tour,’ said the BCB official.
Should Wright agree finally, the BCB will offer former under-19 coach Richard McInnes to work as his assistant, otherwise the Australian will get a chance to become the head coach.
McInnes was in pole position to take the job until recently, when Wright agreed at least to be the advisory coach. The name of another Australian coach, who works for his national cricket academy, has also widely been discussed.
Meanwhile, Indian news agency Indo-Asian New Service also on Friday reported from Chittagong that McInnes is set to take over charge of the Tigers before the Sri Lanka tour and an statement to this effect will be made by June 2.
The BCB officials however categorically denied the report.
‘I don’t know how they (the Indian media) have got the news, which is not true. The bottom line is that we haven’t finalised talks with anyone,’ said Mahbubul Anam, the general secretary of the BCB, without giving further details.
‘Whatever we decide, we will give to the Bangladesh media first,’ assured Anam.

Tahsin Chowdhury
May 19, 2007, 01:19 PM
Can any 1 tell me plz his carrier ,nationality n whom did he played 4?is Mcinnes is good enough,coz his carrier or coaching manual don't suggest dat...

Zunaid
May 19, 2007, 02:26 PM
Hi carrier is Qantas.

billah
May 19, 2007, 02:38 PM
Hi carrier is Qantas.

Quantas, as in Quantas airways?

Zunaid
May 19, 2007, 02:41 PM

Aye. I forgot you.

layperson
May 19, 2007, 02:44 PM
Hi carrier is Qantas.

Aye. I forgot you.

:floor: :floor:

ammark
May 19, 2007, 03:48 PM
Hi carrier is Qantas.

Aye. I forgot you.

sheesh, what a wiseguy we have for Boss :-p

Nafis_BD
May 19, 2007, 03:51 PM
HAHAHA u guys are so funny!!!!

deshibhai
May 19, 2007, 05:16 PM
I think McInnes had great impact in grooming our U19 team into mature and professional cricketers, so I'd be very happy to see him involved in coaching Bangladeshi cricketers again.

BUT, does he have any experience in coaching test cricket? I forget, but did he only coach our U19 team in playing one-day cricket or 4-day first class matches as well? Also, what has been his level of involvement with the Australian test team since his return to Australia?

BD-Shardul
May 20, 2007, 12:00 AM
Latest News from India Times:

Mcinnes set to become Bangladesh cricket coach

Link (http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2059911.cms)

cricket_pagol
May 20, 2007, 12:12 AM
Latest News from India Times:

Mcinnes set to become Bangladesh cricket coach

Link (http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2059911.cms)

Shardul bhai, aita puran khobor (may 18th). Surprising,the source of this news is the Indian media outlet.

rupantor
May 23, 2007, 12:55 PM
BCB marry me!

Chinaman's Retirement, Miraz's Resignation, ATMR's Wedding, Fazal's Hunger Strike-- So many things going on in the forum these days that we do not even have enough time to discuss cricket!! ;)