PDA

View Full Version : Bangladeshi Cricketers are paid poorly and their Prize Money should be increased drastically

coolguy121
May 19, 2007, 07:57 AM
It is sad to see that Bangladeshi Cricketers are amongst the worse paid sportsmen inspite of brilliant performances. Till now we did not even have paid Selctors which is such a shame. Inspite of Cricket being the most popular sport , the Cricketers especially the Domestic Players are paid poorly.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board should spend the huge amount of dollars that it earns from Sponsorship and TV rights to increase the prize money and for the Development of the game. It should also look at attracting additional Sponsors in face of the Recent World Cup success.

Inspite of their consistent performances, Bangladeshi are paid much less than some of the other teams who do not perform as well.

capslock
May 19, 2007, 08:12 AM
Why the hell are you opening so many threads?

Rajowana
May 19, 2007, 08:17 AM
lol maybe he felt like it lol.

uss01
May 19, 2007, 08:20 AM
This is not true. The national team players are paid pretty well by BCB. The premier division players are also paid pretty well for each season they play. I remember Ashraful got 15 Lakh for one season as it was published by Daily Star. But the NCL( the 4 day matches league) is where the players are underpaid. So you're wrong for the most part, except for the 4 day matches domestic league. Otherwise they are paid fine.

Sohel
May 19, 2007, 08:27 AM
It is sad to see that Bangladeshi Cricketers are amongst the worse paid sportsmen inspite of brilliant performances. Till now we did not even have paid Selctors which is such a shame. Inspite of Cricket being the most popular sport , the Cricketers especially the Domestic Players are paid poorly.

The Bangladesh Cricket Board should spend the huge amount of dollars that it earns from Sponsorship and TV rights to increase the prize money and for the Development of the game. It should also look at attracting additional Sponsors in face of the Recent World Cup success.

Inspite of their consistent performances, Bangladeshi are paid much less than some of the other teams who do not perform as well.

dude, a little reality check here... compared to the salaries offered in the bangladeshi job market (typically bdt 8000-12000 per month for the average college graduate, including some master's degree holders), they, especially the national team players are VERY WELL COMPENSATED. the focus should be on how bcb needs to better manage the growing revenue, and accelerate the development of out cricket infrastructure... ... :)

IanW
May 19, 2007, 08:30 AM
Yep. More money for coaching, development and tours. If the players want a really big payday, go dominate international cricket and get sponsorship contracts and a fat County contract or two.

Ian Whitchurch

Protic
May 19, 2007, 09:15 AM
Dude.. =) Rajin Saleh owns a car.. which costs 40 lakhs in here.. Enamul Haq JR owns a car.. Nafis Iqbal does.. and if you check.. there are more.. so it kinda PROVES..they arent REALLY less-paid..rather balancly paid.

Tigers_eye
May 19, 2007, 09:21 AM
One of the main reason for me to come to BC is to be able to mingle with cricket fans and make friends, value their thoughts, and may be learn a thing or two.

I guess Cool guy's want is opposite. He wants to create enemies and stamp his thoughts over everyone.

Ajob shob chiria duniatey asey.

Rajowana
May 19, 2007, 09:27 AM
One of the main reason for me to come to BC is to be able to mingle with cricket fans and make friends, value their thoughts, and may be learn a thing or two.

I guess Cool guy's want is opposite. He wants to create enemies and stamp his thoughts over everyone.

hahahahahahahahaha lol:lol:

Sillypoint
May 19, 2007, 11:37 AM
No more salary increase before the old guards retire. It will only make them want to hold on to their jobs longer. One of the theories behind Bashar's not retiring is $$$$

Murad
May 19, 2007, 12:12 PM

Rajowana
May 19, 2007, 12:31 PM

hahahahahaha lol

One World
May 19, 2007, 07:06 PM
Thread khulte to aar poysha lage na.

Antora
May 19, 2007, 07:20 PM

:floor: :floor: :lol:

zahid
May 19, 2007, 07:20 PM

To increase his posts! lol

Antora
May 19, 2007, 07:21 PM
Dude.. =) Rajin Saleh owns a car.. which costs 40 lakhs in here.. Enamul Haq JR owns a car.. Nafis Iqbal does.. and if you check.. there are more.. so it kinda PROVES..they arent REALLY less-paid..rather balancly paid.

u 4got the obvious person that owns a car.............ASHRAFUL

Antora
May 19, 2007, 07:22 PM

lol go to mars!!!

tonoy
May 19, 2007, 08:39 PM
lol go to mars!!!

oh very creative/:) :sick:

Rifat
May 19, 2007, 08:53 PM
within 2 years i see a very powerful bangladesh cricket team... so payment shall increase with time...

Fortuner
May 19, 2007, 09:39 PM
Useless thread as the topic to discuss in useless.
Bangladeshi players never complained of anythinng like that but we are making a complain.strange!
BCB is one of the richest boards. They have enuff money and so they players dnt suffer. They get enuff needed.

Antora
May 19, 2007, 10:03 PM
oh very creative/:) :sick:
lol

scoilaheez
May 19, 2007, 11:13 PM
the money needs to be injected at the grassroots level to increase the development of our young cricketers.

layperson
May 19, 2007, 11:16 PM
dude, a little reality check here... compared to the salaries offered in the bangladeshi job market (typically bdt 8000-12000 per month for the average college graduate, including some master's degree holders), they, especially the national team players are VERY WELL COMPENSATED. the focus should be on how bcb needs to better manage the growing revenue, and accelerate the development of out cricket infrastructure... ... :)

The players are paid well enough even compared to other test teams in the world. The players all earn six figure salaries monthly(>1 lakh BDT) so there is no question of even any remote comparison to the domestic job market where an average graduate might take 10-15 years to start earning a six figure salary.

layperson
May 19, 2007, 11:17 PM

Now I am very interested to know what car Rajin drives? So Protic bhai some names please. :)

Rifat_02
May 19, 2007, 11:20 PM

Not only that, I heard Enamul owns a personal laptop. Read on Daily Star three days ago.

layperson
May 19, 2007, 11:23 PM
Not only that, I heard Enamul owns a personal laptop. Read on Daily Star three days ago.

Bangladesh e ekhon 35000 takay laptop pawa jay. So any jodu modu kodu can get a laptop now. I am more interested in the 40 lakhs worth car Rajin drives. Protic miya garir naam ta ektu bolben ki naki apni emni haway teer marsilen ?

gatekeeper
May 20, 2007, 12:26 AM

New to BD cricket?

fai_hasan
May 20, 2007, 04:16 AM

bro the question is how much you know about the payments???????

as far as i know, each player of ODI gets a minimum of $300 per match. In test its a bit higher. do you have any idea of the payment, or you just saying it as they are from a poor country?

the highest payed player was sachin tendulkar as he was getting $450 four years ago, when i regularly followed cricket. i think you don't know about the payments and don't have any idea about it.

Protic
May 20, 2007, 05:07 AM
layperson : boss :D bolbo.. ami Gulshan market er samne Rajin bhai re dekshi..he got out of his White Toyota Prado Jeep.. ami pashei chilam..but kotha bolar chance pai nai ( oto pashe o chilam na ) ..and i know the car costs 40K+ ..amar babajan o ekta kinsilo last year..

Protic
May 20, 2007, 05:08 AM
And one more thing.. Rajin bhai to obosshoi oi garir driver chilo na :P nijer e car chilo.. cause he was all stylin n profilin.. shades,sneakas.. =) lol.

Sovik
May 20, 2007, 05:36 AM
we should restrict new members from opening threads. it may sound stupid but if they need to be familiarize with the forum.

or members who has less than 50 or 100 post, their thread will be pending until it gets approved by a moderator/admin

Rabz
May 20, 2007, 05:46 AM
Yes guys...
its officially broken and now required to be fixed.
We need to come out with some criteria for new members to open threads...
this is going no where...

Time for some action.

fai_hasan
May 20, 2007, 06:06 AM
we should restrict new members from opening threads. it may sound stupid but if they need to be familiarize with the forum.

or members who has less than 50 or 100 post, their thread will be pending until it gets approved by a moderator/admin

right you are. very good initiative. please give a chance to report some of the thread openners as well. they just open a thread without knowing anything, sometimes even open the same as a old one.:hairpull: :onethephone:

fai_hasan
May 20, 2007, 06:07 AM
for the time being, you can lock this thread or put it in the bin.

Rajowana
May 20, 2007, 06:11 AM
for the time being, you can lock this thread or put it in the bin.

lol ye

Rabz
May 20, 2007, 06:43 AM
Which remind me of an old thread i started a long time ago..
just digged it up:

Resolving thread posting issue (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=14616)

Now looking back, im quite glad one of my suggestion was implemented ( the thread alert/rating)...

but i guess now its time to do something about these useless threads..

How about we open a sub forum:

"Nonsense Thread"

Kabir
May 20, 2007, 11:46 AM
How about we open a sub forum:

"Nonsense Thread"

I had a very similar suggestion...but I told the admins to name it "Garbage".

It's not likely that either one of ours will be implemented.

Zunaid
May 20, 2007, 11:54 AM
Best thing to do is to ignore "nonsense" threads and use the report button http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/buttons/report.gif (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/report.php?p=456995) to point out such threads to the mods. Instead, what I see is that the so-called nonsense threads are also the ones getting the most responses. They then show up when you look for new posts, near the top, to the detriment of the not-so nonsense threads - and a vicious cycle is perpetuated. And even in a nonsense posts, eventually someone posts a non-nonsense response, and the subsequent stream of non-nonsense exchanges makes it difficult to then edit/excise the thread. It takes two to tango, folks.