PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic Test Selction by Bangla - My team for 2nd Test

coolguy121
May 19, 2007, 08:08 AM
Where are the youngsters. The Test Team is pathetic with the likes of Bashar, Omar, and Mashud who are well past their best. Why are younsters like Aftab and Tamim Dropped

The Selection process is an absolute nightmare with the Selectors not wanting to try youngsters. Abdur Razaq is our best bowler but why was he dropped. My squad for 2nd test would be

1. Nafees
2. Tamim
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Ranjan
6. Sakib
7. Rahim
8. Rafique
9.Mortaza
10. Razaq
11. Shahadat

IanW
May 19, 2007, 08:21 AM
Mate,

You may want to see how Bashar, JO and so on bat before making a judgement. Cricket is played between two teams.

And Razzak isnt the best bowler in Bangladesh - he's streets behind Masrafee and Rafique.

In short, learn a little about cricket before giving in to panic and making a fool of yourself.

Ian Whitchurch

riad
May 19, 2007, 09:04 AM
For test match we need experienced guys. I don't know what HB and JO would do but still I think they are good choice for test right now.
Tamim would be ready within couple years I hope. But Mushfiq could be included I guess.
Enamul would be a better choice then Razaak in test.

Though I hope HB could improve some of his captaincy technique for test too [he is very bad in ODI] Ash need to step in quickly.

take it easy.

mali007
May 19, 2007, 09:05 AM
you have to know the diff. between SHORTER VERSION & LONGER VERSION of cricket.
your selection mimic one day (shorter version ) of cricket. For test you need patience
& you have to glue to the wicket.

Mahir
May 19, 2007, 09:10 AM
and what exactly is "Bangla" ? Its "Bangladesh", or "BD" if you dont have enough time in hand.

Tigers_eye
May 19, 2007, 09:10 AM
cool guys IDs first two numbers I guess represent his age. 12.

Rajowana
May 19, 2007, 09:12 AM
cool guys IDs first two numbers I guess represent his age. 12.

ye maybe

Protic
May 19, 2007, 09:17 AM
Only person who i think doesnt deserves a spot in this team is Khaled Mashud..i wanted Mushfiqur Rahim..but apart from that..thats the best team Bangladesh can offer right now.

bapzmania
May 19, 2007, 09:31 AM
the thread opener is not bangladeshi...i am 100% sure....may be hez Indian...cuz no bangladeshi will say our country Bangla......we used to say either Bangladesh or Bd

SherKhan
May 19, 2007, 11:40 AM
How come you guys are soo gung ho about tamim. He cant stay long at batting. This is why he is a bad choice for test cricket. In test cricket you gotta be able to stay for the long run, which tamim can't do. Atleast not now, maybe 5-10 years from now when he's more mature.

kalpurush
May 19, 2007, 11:44 AM
Mate,

You may want to see how Bashar, JO and so on bat before making a judgement. Cricket is played between two teams.

And Razzak isnt the best bowler in Bangladesh - he's streets behind Masrafee and Rafique.

In short, learn a little about cricket before giving in to panic and making a fool of yourself.

Ian Whitchurch

...ditto!:-D

Nafi
May 19, 2007, 11:44 AM
Where are the youngsters. The Test Team is pathetic with the likes of Bashar, Omar, and Mashud who are well past their best. Why are younsters like Aftab and Tamim Dropped

OMG you cannott be serious, JO and Bashar are best test players of BD, Mashud is a reliable wiki, and tamim and aftab dont have the temperament to play test.

MarufH
May 19, 2007, 11:46 AM
buzz off dude.. wherever u came from.

kalpurush
May 19, 2007, 11:48 AM
We have enough talks about the thread title!...Do NOT need another thread to discuss same topics again and again and again...!!!:doh:

Rajowana
May 19, 2007, 12:34 PM
Only person who i think doesnt deserves a spot in this team is Khaled Mashud..i wanted Mushfiqur Rahim..but apart from that..thats the best team Bangladesh can offer right now.

ye same ere i want mushi to play too.

One World
May 19, 2007, 02:19 PM
i miss aftab. at least dhoni would be gone at 26 if rajin wasnt in the field.

tonoy
May 19, 2007, 02:23 PM
ye same ere i want mushi to play too.

I wonder why:confused:

Rajowana
May 19, 2007, 02:25 PM
I wonder why:confused:

lolz

Yasin
May 19, 2007, 03:55 PM
i miss aftab. at least dhoni would be gone at 26 if rajin wasnt in the field.

Did u even see the attempt made by Rajin.... let me tell you what the commentators were telling...if he would have caught that it would be a MIRACLE... they kept praising him to get a hand onto it and stop it from going for a 6...it was superb stuff from Rajin..out of the world...give credit to him...he deserves it...

habfreak
May 19, 2007, 03:58 PM
who is Ranjan...and everyone seems to have agreed that this thread is useless..so do what I'll do..report this thread for delete/merge and move on!

gatekeeper
May 19, 2007, 05:29 PM
and what exactly is "Bangla" ? Its "Bangladesh", or "BD" if you dont have enough time in hand.

Thanks for saying it out loud.

One World
May 19, 2007, 05:35 PM
Did u even see the attempt made by Rajin.... let me tell you what the commentators were telling...if he would have caught that it would be a MIRACLE... they kept praising him to get a hand onto it and stop it from going for a 6...it was superb stuff from Rajin..out of the world...give credit to him...he deserves it...

Thanks for correcting. I was just reading cricinfo. I could not get a chance to see it yet. Searching for a video allover.

annie
May 19, 2007, 05:44 PM
1. Nafees
2. Tamim
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Ranjan
6. Sakib
7. Rahim
8. Rafique
9.Mortaza
10. Razaq
11. Shahadat

ei-rokom udvat chul-type-er therad kholar ki darkar? i doubt this dude has any cricket knowledge at all. aftab at 3 for test? why don't you or some salimullah go and bat in such a critical position? who is ranjan, is he your khalato bhai? whu rajjaq in test? do you take too much ganja? bd supporter doesn't you gonna put all the rubishes here. I tell you something, you go and apply for selector's post, faruk will be happy to see another bone head like you?...<!-- / message -->

DotBall
May 19, 2007, 06:43 PM
Mr. coolguy121,

From you name it seems more like you are 12, so I will spare my 2 cents on your team selection. I hope you stick around for few more years and watch a lot of cricket. It will come to you in due time. Ok now, back to cricket.

Stay cool.

Zunaid
May 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
Ok. You all are complaining about the thread initiator. And yet, you all are posting to this thread. In fact, the thread has lot more posts in it than some others that deserved more. Because so many responded, perhaps this thread does have value? Hein? Now if no-one had responded and instead slicked on the http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/buttons/report.gif (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/report.php?p=456568) button, perchance the moderators would have an impetus to take actions. They do not want to impeded discourse and discussion. With so many people responding, isn't discourse happening? Do fingers always have to strike the keyboards?

zahid
May 19, 2007, 07:21 PM

Agree with u!

Antora
May 19, 2007, 07:27 PM
1. Nafees
2. Tamim
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Ranjan
6. Sakib
7. Rahim
8. Rafique
9.Mortaza
10. Razaq
11. Shahadat

ei-rokom udvat chul-type-er therad kholar ki darkar? i doubt this dude has any cricket knowledge at all. aftab at 3 for test? why don't you or some salimullah go and bat in such a critical position? who is ranjan, is he your khalato bhai? whu rajjaq in test? do you take too much ganja? bd supporter doesn't you gonna put all the rubishes here. I tell you something, you go and apply for selector's post, faruk will be happy to see another bone head like you?...<!-- / message -->

:floor: funny!!!!

cricket_king
May 19, 2007, 08:54 PM

The Selection process is an absolute nightmare with the Selectors not wanting to try youngsters. Abdur Razaq is our best bowler but why was he dropped. My squad for 2nd test would be

1. Nafees
2. Tamim
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Ranjan
6. Sakib
7. Rahim
8. Rafique
9.Mortaza
10. Razaq
11. Shahadat

Brilliant team!! :D :D
This guys exactly right.......i just dunno who "ranjan" is. I'm assuming it's rajin....
And all you people picking on him.......leave him alone! He's chosen a mad team! :-p
Well done mate :big_hug:

Rifat
May 19, 2007, 09:02 PM
guys like tamim and aftab and mushfiq should need some test experience before stepping it up. so i suggest that we only experiment these guys with zimbabwe and possibly ireland(i am praying for their odi and test status)...

May 19, 2007, 09:45 PM
[Multiple forum violations. Bye]

Anher
May 19, 2007, 09:47 PM
Ok. You all are complaining about the thread initiator. And yet, you all are posting to this thread. In fact, the thread has lot more posts in it than some others that deserved more. Because so many responded, perhaps this thread does have value? Hein? Now if no-one had responded and instead slicked on the http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/images/BanglaCricket/buttons/report.gif (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/report.php?p=456568) button, perchance the moderators would have an impetus to take actions. They do not want to impeded discourse and discussion. With so many people responding, isn't discourse happening? Do fingers always have to strike the keyboards?

I couldnt resist myself now....just want to say....

In the land of blinds, One eyed man is the king..lets follow him

scoilaheez
May 19, 2007, 11:03 PM
i agree with most of your team. Aftab is our most talented batsmen along with Ash. How is he supposed to get better at playing the long innings if he never plays the longer version at domestic or international level.

Except Mashrafee is clearly our best bowler

fai_hasan
May 20, 2007, 04:30 AM
man you are taking a piss. its the test series not twenty 20. do you have any idea about cricket or what?

Antora
May 20, 2007, 04:32 AM
man you are taking a piss. its the test series not twenty 20. do you have any idea about cricket or what?

i believe he doesnt!!!! lol

yaseer
May 20, 2007, 04:42 AM
what did you mean by "Bangla" ?
Mods please correct the mistake made by this idiot

Mike
May 20, 2007, 05:06 AM
This is an interesting thread. The opener of the thread, perhaps, wants to see youngsters instead of Javed, Habibul, Rajin and pilot. It is his personal choice. However, some of the members are reacted to him which is not right and against his freedom. He did not attach to any people personally. At present, this is situation in BC now that some members ganged up and are bulling to newcomers or any comments they don’t like. Now, bullies are dominating in the BC. Instead of banning this thread, mod please ban some of these bullies.

Instead of criticizing the subject matter of the thread they are criticizing the person. This is more shameful manners, not the poor guys who express his own idea that is not necessary to accept by everyone. The evidence of bulling in this thread are:

“In short, learn a little about cricket before giving in to panic and making a fool of yourself.”

“cool guys IDs first two numbers I guess represent his age. 12.”

“buzz off dude.. wherever u came from.”

“From you name it seems more like you are 12, so I will spare my 2 cents on your team selection. I hope you stick around for few more years and watch a lot of cricket. It will come to you in due time. Ok now, back to cricket.:”

Mike
May 20, 2007, 05:12 AM
Mods please correct the mistake made by this idiot

Please don't use "idiot" words all the time.

Protic
May 20, 2007, 05:17 AM
Hmm.. He's asking for young players..
:( I guess rajin grew 20 years in last 3 years..that he is no more counted as an YOUNG PLAYER..eh Mikey?

Mike
May 20, 2007, 05:24 AM
Hmm.. He's asking for young players..
:( I guess rajin grew 20 years in last 3 years..that he is no more counted as an YOUNG PLAYER..eh Mikey?

You are right, Rajin is not that bad. I am not supporting this Coolguy121, but my idea is not to attack his personally.

Sovik
May 20, 2007, 05:26 AM
just give this guy a break. he is just frustrated not to see his favorite players in the team.

Fortuner
May 20, 2007, 05:39 AM
Mate,

Ian Whitchurch

Well said...
Talking bout Razzak, its more of a hype. Razzak is only a gr8 bowler whn he plays against countries that are not gud in playing spin.If we look at his bowling against India,Sri Lanka and Aus who r gud players of spin basically are not convincing.

Baundule
May 20, 2007, 10:16 AM
Mate,

Ian Whitchurch

I think, that crosses the limit. You can have a second opinion (I also dont support the team he proposed); but this is too harsh an attack at the personal level.

Sohel
May 20, 2007, 01:58 PM
just give this guy a break. he is just frustrated not to see his favorite players in the team.

yep...

Mike
May 20, 2007, 06:54 PM
I think, that crosses the limit. You can have a second opinion (I also dont support the team he proposed); but this is too harsh an attack at the personal level.

well said

Sohel
May 21, 2007, 01:33 PM
Brilliant team!! :D :D
This guys exactly right.......i just dunno who "ranjan" is. I'm assuming it's rajin....
And all you people picking on him.......leave him alone! He's chosen a mad team! :-p
Well done mate :big_hug:

ranjan is ranjan madhugale junior - a.k.a dablu... sri lankan father, deshi mother from mughdapara, dhaka... his favorite player's hablu... :D

genius5000
May 21, 2007, 01:48 PM
lets face it
those so called experienced blokes are simply older
no experiences in their pocket as they get nervous like new commer everytime!

so i'd suggest this
be brave & be innovative
keep the same team as suggested below for both: ODI & TEST

the TEAM from Mirpur on ...

1. Tamim
2. Sakib
3. Mashrafi (capt) - dont argue about it - the answer is : Imran Khan!
4. Ashraful (vc)
5. Aftab
6. Nafees
7. Mushfiq (wk)
8. Razzak
9. Shahadat
10. Rafiq
11. Rasel

Fazal
May 21, 2007, 02:01 PM
My squad for 2nd test would be

1. Nafees
2. Tamim
3. Aftab
4. Ashraful
5. Ranjan
6. Sakib
7. Rahim
8. Rafique
9.Mortaza
10. Razaq
11. Shahadat

Regardless what people are saying, based on performance so far (4th day of 1st TEST), your team doesn't look that bad.

Your suggestion:

1. Tamim instead of Javed. Javed scored 7 runs (25 balls)
2. Aftab instead of Bashar. Bashar scored a duck ( 2 balls)
3. Rahim instead of Pilot. Pilot scored 2 runs (19 balls)
4. Razzak instead of Enamul. Enamul's bowling figure: 15(overs) -0(maiden)-59 (runs)- 0 (wicket)

Still there is one more day left. But looks like you will have the last laugh. :-D

BangladeshFan
May 21, 2007, 02:10 PM
Aftab for Bashar and Rahim for pilot.

I would still keep JO though, atleast for the 2nd test.

rubel_18
May 21, 2007, 02:12 PM
Regardless what people are saying, based on performance so far (4th day of 1st TEST), your team doesn't look that bad.

Your suggestion:

1. Tamim instead of Javed. Javed scored 7 runs (25 balls)
2. Aftab instead of Bashar. Bashar scored a duck ( 2 balls)
3. Rahim instead of Pilot. Pilot scored 2 runs (19 balls)
4. Razzak instead of Enamul. Enamul's bowling figure: 15(overs) -0(maiden)-59 (runs)- 0 (wicket)

Still there is one more day left. But looks like you will have the last laugh. :-D

I think those are good suggestions and I think they will clearly help the team.

reyme
May 21, 2007, 02:15 PM
Mate,

Ian Whitchurch

Who is fool now?

Fazal
May 21, 2007, 03:50 PM
Is experience is over rated? Or are we wasting our time by giving chances to the wrong players? I know 4 days in one test match (out of which two is wasted due to rain) is a small sample size. But on the other hand how come all the experienced players failed to bat at the same time, when it looked like it is a batting pitch and after wasting two days it shouldn't be too hard to defend this test.

Case I:
Out of top 7 batsman (in batting order),
- the top 4 batsman with most test experience (Bash,JO,Pilot,Ash with combined 151 test experience) scored a grand total of 14 runs with an average of 3.5 runs & 38(aprox.) Test experience.
- the rest 3 batsman with least experience (SN, Rajin, Saqib with combined 23 test experience ) scored a total of 99 runs with an average of 33 runs & 8(aprox) Test experience

Case II:
Out of all 11 players
- the top 5 batsman with most test experience (Bash,JO,Pilot,Ash,Rafiq with combined 175 test experience) scored a grand total of 23 runs with an average of 4.6 runs & 35 (approx) test experience.
- the bottom 6 batsman with least test experience (Mash, Rajin, SN, Sakib, Shahadat, Enamul with combined 60 test experience) scored a total of 210 runs with an average of 42.5 runs & 12 (approx) test experience. Note Enamul was N.O.

If we loose this game who should we blame? I think the culprit is among us who should be blamed... who keep on supporting players who we invested most but fails to produce when we needed most.

genius5000
May 21, 2007, 03:56 PM
i agree 100%

thats why i suggest this brave line up to create a new way of thinking in cricket:

keep them for both ODI/Test

1. Tamim
2. Sakib
3. Mashrafi (capt)
4. Ashraful (vc)
5. Aftab
6. Nafees
7. Mushfiq (wk)
8. Razzak
9. Shahadat
10. Rafiq
11. Rasel

ammark
May 21, 2007, 05:03 PM
Is experience is over rated? Or are we wasting our time by giving chances to the wrong players? I know 4 days in one test match (out of which two is wasted due to rain) is a small sample size. But on the other hand how come all the experienced players failed to bat at the same time, when it looked like it is a batting pitch and after wasting two days it shouldn't be too hard to defend this test.

Case I:
Out of top 7 batsman (in batting order),
- the top 4 batsman with most test experience (Bash,JO,Pilot,Ash with combined 151 test experience) scored a grand total of 14 runs with an average of 3.5 runs & 38(aprox.) Test experience.
- the rest 3 batsman with least experience (SN, Rajin, Saqib with combined 23 test experience ) scored a total of 99 runs with an average of 33 runs & 8(aprox) Test experience

Case II:
Out of all 11 players
- the top 5 batsman with most test experience (Bash,JO,Pilot,Ash,Rafiq with combined 175 test experience) scored a grand total of 23 runs with an average of 4.6 runs & 35 (approx) test experience.
- the bottom 6 batsman with least test experience (Mash, Rajin, SN, Sakib, Shahadat, Enamul with combined 60 test experience) scored a total of 210 runs with an average of 42.5 runs & 12 (approx) test experience. Note Enamul was N.O.

If we loose this game who should we blame? I think the culprit is among us who should be blamed... who keep on supporting players who we invested most but fails to produce when we needed most.

EXCELLENT POST! I'm sick of hearing all these ppl saying we "need" experienced players retained in the team, when some of these blokes have been Consistent Failures recently. They've only been a complete waste of space. This was the perfect Test series to give newer blood exposure, ie. discarded Aftab, Tamim, Mehrab Jr, Forhad Reza and Mushi. Now they'll prolly have to wait for SL, NZ and SA