PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 bulletin : Bowlers keep Bangladesh alive in Chittagong Test

Miraz
May 19, 2007, 08:33 AM
Our day 2 bulletin..

Current Tour

India in Bangladesh, 2007
Bowlers keep Bangladesh alive in Chittagong Test
19 May 2007
Bulletin by Khondaker Mirazur Rahman

Bangladesh bowlers fought hard to keep Bangladesh alive in the first Test of the GrameenPhone series against India on day two which was marred by rain and wet outfield.
India lost 3 wickets in the days play and added 89 runs to their overnight score of 295/3, as wet outfield, caused by overnight shower and early morning drizzle, allowed only 20 overs play on the second day at Chittagong Divisional Stadium on Saturday.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/images/read_art.gif Read the rest of the bulletin ยป (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../html/tour.php)

IanW
May 19, 2007, 08:42 AM
For my money, it was good bowling in tough conditions against some very good batsmen.

This is Test cricket - it's meant to be hard.

Ian Whitchurch

Hatebreed
May 19, 2007, 08:48 AM
I think a more appropriate title would be 'fast bowlers kept Bangladesh alive', as it was the two pacers who bowled most of the overs and picked up the big wickets. We would normally expect our SLAs to be the deadly force, but they weren't.

Sohel
May 19, 2007, 08:52 AM
good day's report miraz bhai... :)

mash's development, especially his ability to bounce back from minor setbacks, is getting scary in a great way. rajib takes a little time to settle, and occasionally undoes what he's worked so hard to do because of the good old rush of blood to the head... but when he's on as he was today, one must ponder delicious possibilities. rafiq's intelligence remains unhampered by tough situations on the field. a very good and sensible player like ramesh powar - though perhaps not the most glamorous and athletic looking cricketer to hit the field in recent memory - getting set up and then worked into misjudging line, flight and pace to get bowled was a thing of beauty. a little more aggression from HaBa, especially with new batsman in the middle AND the relatively new ball doing thankfully unexpected things, remains the worst kind of wishful thinking. all in all, a good day for us. oh the rain helped in a major way... :D

IanW
May 19, 2007, 09:00 AM
Hatebreed,

It's very, very tough for an off-spinner to take wickets on a track with no turn.

Leggies can bowl occasional unplayable big-turning deliveries, mixed in with crap that gets smacked. Offies ? Much, much harder to buy wickets on a flat track.

Ian Whitchurch

Hatebreed
May 19, 2007, 09:05 AM
Our bowlers aren't necessarily big turners. Enamul got it to turn on a few ocassions, but he's also been guilty of bowling so many no balls and short deliveries. What I am saying is, the pitch is a batting paraside anyway, so without the effort of the fast bowlers things could have been worse for us.

Miraz
May 19, 2007, 09:09 AM
I am very disappointed to see the Cricinfo's bulletin, no single word about Bangladeshi bowlers!!!!

They have to understand that Cricinfo is not an Indian cricket forum.

have a look

India consolidate in brief passage of play (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind/content/current/story/294826.html)

Tigers_eye
May 19, 2007, 09:14 AM
I am happy by the performance after such a long break (test). Good work Miraz bhai.

The title could be "bad weather helps Bangladesh's cause". I have faith we can draw this one. Thus the series would be still a lively one in Dhaka (in terms of winning the series, lol)

Protic
May 19, 2007, 09:21 AM
Hatebreed : paraside? paradise * :p correction

On the topic.. yeah our seamers bowled really well.. in these conditions against batsmen of such calibres..I guess India will declare very early tomorrow.

IanW
May 19, 2007, 09:25 AM
Protic,

If India declare early tomorrow, they could lose. Me, I think they'll want 500 before they declare ... if they do. It's easier to score runs on day 3 than day 5, and what they dont want is to declare, have Bangladesh score 400 back, and then be 3-20 early on day 5.

Ian

Rajowana
May 19, 2007, 09:28 AM
it's a gd report.You write well.

Protic
May 19, 2007, 09:29 AM
Well.. they might even go for a rapid run taking session? ..I mean they cant manage to take a lot of time to settle..and to be frank.. theres no one left..whos gonna try and settle.. lol. So either they are getting a pile runs by lunch or tea tomorrow..or they are gonna get BOWLED out sooner.

Hatebreed
May 19, 2007, 09:50 AM
Hatebreed : paraside? paradise * :p correction

Eeeeeh:doh:.... :shh:

r_kalar_2
May 19, 2007, 10:05 AM
I dont think tommorow india can bat more than one session. If they can this will be our failure. If they bat slowly tommorrow, more chances for BD to be able to draw the match. Certainly india cant afford it right now. Either way its better for us. Hope BD will bat well tommorrow.

cricketlvr
May 19, 2007, 10:16 AM
I am very disappointed to see the Cricinfo's bulletin, no single word about Bangladeshi bowlers!!!!

have a look

India consolidate in brief passage of play (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bdeshvind/content/current/story/294826.html)

seriously, cricinfo is so annoying and biased...is it run by indians???

and our bowlers were soooooooo good, especially since the pitch is super friendly for the batsman...i know mashrafe is superb...but i didn't expect rajib to do so well after seeing him in ODIs...but he was superb also! hopefully they can get more wickets tomorrow!!

capslock
May 19, 2007, 10:38 AM
Nice report, I noticed a small grammatical error though, I am sure Miraz will find it soon. :)

cricket_dorshok
May 19, 2007, 10:49 AM
they are gonna get BOWLED out sooner.
ditto

al Furqaan
May 19, 2007, 11:26 AM
I am happy by the performance after such a long break (test). Good work Miraz bhai.

The title could be "bad weather helps Bangladesh's cause". I have faith we can draw this one. Thus the series would be still a lively one in Dhaka (in terms of winning the series, lol)

suppose that happened ie we win the 2nd test.

do you realize how many eeeendians would cry "we only lost one match and lost the series...the format was crap"

:lol:

Elindada
May 19, 2007, 11:30 AM
well i dont think play will be ne different on the third day! umm weather forcast predicts more rain ! soo.. hmm i guess its frustrating ! but yeah good bowling by masrafe and Shahadat.. u know we cud do with Syed Rasel in the next match... but then again he has no pace in his deliveries...well lets just hope that we can put up a good batting display !

bang
May 19, 2007, 11:42 AM
suppose that happened ie we win the 2nd test.

do you realize how many eeeendians would cry "we only lost one match and lost the series...the format was crap"

:lol:
Keep Dreaming Bangladeshis you will lose match on day 4 morning session only:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .You all Bangladeshis are funny hoping their team will win match .this is my answer forget it
forget it :floor: :floor: :floor:

DJ Sahastra
May 19, 2007, 11:43 AM
Given that 20 overs today yielded 89 runs and the 3 wickets to fall today can be attributed to the batsman's urgency to go for the runs than anything else, "Bowlers Keep Bangladesh Alive" is the most interesting heading that i can see for a day's play in which everything right from trying to accelerate to losing wickets has being dictated by the weather.

For tomorrow, I don't think Indian batsman are aiming at playing more than 20 overs at max or 425+, whichever comes first (if they can survive that long). With only Dhoni to go, they may succumb even before that.

Faisal
May 19, 2007, 11:46 AM
Keep Dreaming Bangladeshis you will lose match on day 4 morning session only:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .You all Bangladeshis are funny hoping their team will win match .this is my answer forget it

r u ****ing out of your mind? tomorrow going to be 3rd day of test match & india still batting. how you see they going to beat bd in 4th day?
get a life dude

Miraz
May 19, 2007, 11:48 AM
Given that 20 overs today yielded 89 runs and the 3 wickets to fall today can be attributed to the batsman's urgency to go for the runs than anything else, "Bowlers Keep Bangladesh Alive" is the most interesting heading that i can see for a match where so far everything is being dictated by the weather.

For tomorrow, I don't think Indian batsman are aiming at playing more than 20 overs at max or 425+, whichever comes first (if they can survive that long). With only Dhoni to go, they may succumb even before that.

DJ,
Weather dominated, true.
But if you say sense of urgency to score runs caused the downfall of Indian batsmen, I have to say that we were watching different games.

Definitely bowlers kept Bangladesh alive, if India ended the day with 381/3, the match would have been over for Bangladesh by now. Taking 3 wickets and leaving only bowlers to bat (Dhoni aside), Bangladesh can still hope to draw the match by restricting India within 450, and bowlers have created that opportunity.

Why do you found the headline interesting? care to explain?

kalpurush
May 19, 2007, 11:53 AM
Protic,

If India declare early tomorrow, they could lose. Me, I think they'll want 500 before they declare ... if they do. It's easier to score runs on day 3 than day 5, and what they dont want is to declare, have Bangladesh score 400 back, and then be 3-20 early on day 5.

Ian

Experience speaks!:-D

bang
May 19, 2007, 11:56 AM
r u ****ing out of your mind? tomorrow going to be 3rd day of test match & india still batting. how you see they going to beat bd in 4th day?
get a life dude

Bangladeshi test match averages suggest me that they will get out twice tommorow only

kalpurush
May 19, 2007, 12:02 PM
[quote=Miraz;456349]DJ,
Weather dominated, true.
But if you say sense of urgency to score runs caused the downfall of Indian batsmen, I have to say that we were watching different games. quote]

D J was smoking "something" while watching the 2nd day's play I guess!;)
Oh! Dear D J!!:D

DJ Sahastra
May 19, 2007, 12:06 PM
Miraz,

I haven't seen the match. I just woke up. So definitely between the two of us, you are the only one who has watched it.

To me, when i looked at the number of runs scored in the number of overs, it was an acceptable and quite welcome scoreline. In my perspective, If India had scored at less than 4 an over and lost a couple of wickets, that would've been a good bowling by the BD team.

I have read about all 3 dismissals. It seemed to be the case of batsman trying to go after the bowling after finishing their 100s.

kalpurush
May 19, 2007, 12:06 PM
Bangladeshi test match averages suggest me that they will get out twice tommorow only

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/images1-1.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/obayedh/images5.jpg

Test matches?...you might be right! I don't have this average!!;)

r_kalar_2
May 19, 2007, 12:10 PM
Keep dreaming u indians. Only dream can help u & ur team to live for now. Watch it! Tough time ahead.

DJ Sahastra
May 19, 2007, 12:12 PM
"Why do you found the headline interesting? care to explain?"

No match can be dead in less than 4 sessions and less than one-inning worth of play. Yes, if a team has a scoreline reading 381/3 at the end of day-2, the match is as much alive as it is now.

Dhakablues
May 19, 2007, 12:13 PM

Aside the naive and ignorant view of yours,,that arguent is not even suported by any selective statisitics either , does it? I mean how many times did Bangladesh play India before ? Also, how many matches did go into 3, 4 or 5 days? Get your facts right before making such street bigot like comment
With a rain affected match with only 400 runs on board, India will have to declare around lunch with 50-60 more runs on board.. That gives Bangladeshi batsman apprx. 40-50 overs to bat.. I dont think Bangladeshi batsman are that bad that they will be out in 50 overs,, Especially when you Javed, Rajin, Shahrier like batsman on top order. Yes, I agree that the match will be tough 4th day as the pitch may turn, though with too 'few' overs played, I dont know how much the pitch has worn out. All in all, the match is still heading towards a draw unless we see some dramatic bowling by the Indians.. with only Kumble on the fold, I am not too optimistic about that either. Bangladeshi players have to "Donate" their wickets to lose this match.

Kabir
May 19, 2007, 12:14 PM

At least we won't be 0 for 4 you know.

Miraz
May 19, 2007, 12:15 PM
Miraz,

In my perspective, If India had scored at less than 4 an over and lost a couple of wickets, that would've been a good bowling by the BD team.

Some late hitting by Dhoni maintained the run rate.
On a flat track, if bowlers can pick up 3 wickets in 20 overs and give less than 4 runs a over (as you are suggesting), then the headline should have been..

"Bangladeshi bowlers dominate rain hit day 2 ":)

As they conceded more than 4 runs, but still picked 3 wickets, I am just saying they kept Bangladesh alive.

:)

kalpurush
May 19, 2007, 12:16 PM
Miraz,
I have read about all 3 dismissals. It seemed to be the case of batsman trying to go after the bowling after finishing their 100s.

Reading only Indian newspaper would give you biased picture - no doubt!:smug:

DJ Sahastra
May 19, 2007, 12:19 PM
This statement from Tendulkar explains what i meant:

"the plan was to score quick runs. The target was to achieve four and half to five runs an over. Thus I got out mistiming a ball."

If not for the weather, i don't see Sachin-Saurav aiming for 4.5 runs an over target.

Kabir
May 19, 2007, 12:21 PM
Some late hitting by Dhoni maintained the run rate.
On a flat track, if bowlers can pick up 3 wickets in 20 overs and give less than 4 runs a over (as you are suggesting), then the headline should have been..

"Bangladeshi bowlers dominate rain hit day 2 ":)

As they conceded more than 4 runs, but still picked 3 wickets, I am just saying they kept Bangladesh alive.

:)

Oh no Miraz bhai...please change the words like this...this will probably make all our Indian friends happy:

"India kicked Bangladesh's a$$ on the second day of first Test".

Afterall, we have to have our bulletins to make them happy...afterall, their happiness means our happiness.

Miraz
May 19, 2007, 12:22 PM
Yes, if a team has a scoreline reading 381/3 at the end of day-2, the match is as much alive as it is now.

Probably true for other Test teams, but not Bangladesh, who are famous for second innings collapse.

From 381/3 with Sourav and Sachin batting, India could have easily reached 550-600. It would have been a tough ask for Bangladesh and probably they had to bat twice.

Now at 381/6 with only bowlers left, Bangladesh can still restrict India below 450. In that case, there is a strong possibility that India have to bat again, that leaves the opportunity to battle out a draw, considering the time left.

It's never same, DJ. :)

I rest my case.

Miraz
May 19, 2007, 12:24 PM
This statement from Tendulkar explains what i meant:

"the plan was to score quick runs. The target was to achieve four and half to five runs an over. Thus I got out mistiming a ball."

If not for the weather, i don't see Sachin-Saurav aiming for 4.5 runs an over target.

I haven't seen that statement. If truly Sachin said that, that's one of the most pathetic excuses after getting out. I don't expect it from Sachin.

Kabir
May 19, 2007, 12:27 PM
I haven't seen that statement. If truly Sachin said that, that's one of the most pathetic excuse after getting out. I don't expect it from Sachin.

Oh no no, man...you gotta understand. Sachin is God. He can't lie. He can't be wrong man...we're wrong. It's us you know!

r_kalar_2
May 19, 2007, 12:29 PM
The match is heading for a draw only unless india play so badly that they lose the match.

Rifat_02
May 19, 2007, 12:29 PM

Don't count your chickens before they are hatched Mr.bang

Miraz
May 19, 2007, 12:31 PM
The match is heading for a draw only unless india play so badly that they lose the match.
That,s not true.

Bangladesh have to bat well to save the match. 381/6 is still a very good total.

We are not famous for responsible batting.

We have to bat extremely well to ensure a draw.

syzygy
May 19, 2007, 12:32 PM
let the bangladeshi fans be happy with their headlines, let them beat around the bush...who cares really.their bowling is below standard so as their batting. 5 out of 6 top batsman of India have either scored 50's or 100s.only weather can save bd and only weather. dream on bd fans and pray for some more bad weather.ciao

Miraz
May 19, 2007, 12:35 PM
let the bangladeshi fans be happy with their headlines, let them beat around the bush...who cares really.their bowling is below standard so as their batting. 5 out of 6 top batsman of India have either scored 50's or 100s.only weather can save bd and only weather. dream on bd fans and pray for some more bad weather.ciao

May be you are right.

Unfortunately, weather could not save India on 17th March and prevent their world cup exit.

Too bad, double standard from weather.

r_kalar_2
May 19, 2007, 12:36 PM
Sorry, miraz bhai. I know that. I was just shocked by their irrational coments. But i believe that we have the ability to pull out a draw from here.

Kabir
May 19, 2007, 12:36 PM

Yea...Indian newspapers' headlines have turned this feeling of yours into reality. Anyway, Bangladeshi fans have to rely on their media and their news headlines...they can't rely much on poor quality Indian materials you know.

As for saving the match...only LUCK can save India some more embarassment. Only luck man...only luck.

Kabir
May 19, 2007, 12:37 PM
May be you are right.

Unfortunately, weather could not save India on 17th March and their world cup exit.

Too bad, double standard from weather.

No no, that's not weather. That's luck you know. Their "chappor mara" luck didn't stand by them. Too bad.

Nafi
May 19, 2007, 12:38 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V9wBtPWBbeo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V9wBtPWBbeo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

haha you're pathetic

Why not, your bowlers dont have the pace to pla this pitch, are you so worried that your overrated bollwood stars might bite the dust

Rifat_02
May 19, 2007, 12:39 PM

Excuse me, did you just call our bowling below standard? The fact is India still can't become number one after having three of the best batsmen in the world with 35,000 runs combined (more than 5 Aussie batsmen put together).
Says a lot about the bowling quality of your team.

DJ Sahastra
May 19, 2007, 12:41 PM
Kabir,

No need for those potshots. I could see that coming even before i posted the statement. Just that i didn't have you in mind as the one taking those potshots.

Miraz,

I don't see what is pathetic about a batsman confessing that he mistimed his shot. And it is a fact that atleast all the Indians knew that once Sachin/Saurav get their centuries, they'll go for more shots. And knowing Sachin and the way he had curtailed the risky shots en-route to his century, going for the quick runs once the century was made was the normal and logical thing to do. That the shot didn't materialize is a different story.

Pathetic excuse, God-No-God, Liar - You guys need a break. And maybe i need too - i can feel my stomach churning reading those posts.

I am out of here, atleast till i get my sanity back.

Kabir
May 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
DJ,

No need for those cheap and baseless arguments. And to be honest with you, I had exactly you on mind before I came to this thread searching for some of those posts.

Rajowana
May 19, 2007, 12:46 PM

wateva man...u keep dreaming.

Russell2k7
May 19, 2007, 12:48 PM
Technically speaking I would want to read Bangladeshi Batsman Keeps the Game alive for a change.

tonoy
May 19, 2007, 12:51 PM
Here we go again. Cant we just all get along?

Miraz
May 19, 2007, 12:57 PM
Miraz,

I don't see what is pathetic about a batsman confessing that he mistimed his shot. And it is a fact that atleast all the Indians knew that once Sachin/Saurav get their centuries, they'll go for more shots. And knowing Sachin and the way he had curtailed the risky shots en-route to his century, going for the quick runs once the century was made was the normal and logical thing to do. That the shot didn't materialize is a different story.

Pathetic excuse, .................. And maybe i need too - i can feel my stomach churning reading those posts.

I am out of here, atleast till i get my sanity back.

DJ,
I always tried to post with logic, never got carried away by the situation. You are getting a bit emotional here.

About pathetic excuse, I have to say that as I have watched the game. Sachin was never hurrying to accelerate. he used the same shot before and succeeded.

That ball came a bit quicker than he was anticipating and he was way too late in his shot. For your clarity, he tried to pull the ball and the ball scooped to between mid off and extra cover.

If a batman mistimes a puul, the ball should travel to some where in the mid-wicket or mid on. I hope you understand.

I am very surprised if Sachin have exactly said what you have posted as that's not the case here. :)

syzygy
May 19, 2007, 01:00 PM
i see the bangladeshi fans in this forum living in a dreamland, tell me the truth folks - are u guys on tranquilizer or some cheap bidis of bangladesh?? ok let me know when you wake up and stop beating around the bush. finally pray for some more bad weather, anyway india have nothing to prove against minnows of test cricket.

tonoy
May 19, 2007, 01:05 PM
i see the bangladeshi fans in this forum living in a dreamland, tell me the truth folks - are u guys on tranquilizer or some cheap bidis of bangladesh?? ok let me know when you wake up and stop beating around the bush. finally pray for some more bad weather, anyway india have nothing to prove against minnows of test cricket.

I see you too are in dreamland thinking that beating BD(hard chance) in test will help you prepare for the thrashing that is about to come from England in England. Besides with such mediocre bowling and fielding, I see India going no where but south.

Nafi
May 19, 2007, 01:09 PM
let the bangladeshi fans be happy with their headlines, let them beat around the bush...who cares really.their bowling is below standard so as their batting. 5 out of 6 top batsman of India have either scored 50's or 100s.only weather can save bd and only weather. dream on bd fans and pray for some more bad weather.ciao.
Shut up gupta, and btw it was 4 batsmen not 5, [] cant even count can u?

[]
Our bowlers below standard????
:floor:

Thats is really fnny coming from an indian, whose bowlers are so weak and pathetic, except the almighty habarjhan singh with his gay dance.:floor:

We shud ignore that we have the second best spinner in the world, pacers that can cross the 9Omph mark, SLA's that have toppled teams and our leading pacer took the most wickets last year

This [] needs to be banned

Miraz
May 19, 2007, 01:14 PM
Dr_Naf, please be civil in your response.

This forum is for every member and personal attack will not be tolerated.

cricman
May 19, 2007, 01:14 PM

Cricket is 2-way game and the Indian Attack is nothing special sans for Kumble and the pitch is a Batting friendly so you telling me that a Draw isn't likely? If we can bat for 4 uninterrupted sessions of Cricket than this match will have no result. If I was a supporter for Team India I'd pray for more rain considering if it doesn't rain then It would mean India couldn't finish of the minnows of Test Cricket in 4 1/3 days.

WarWolf
May 19, 2007, 01:16 PM

I don't wanna start another BD-India war here. And you don't proved yourself to be eligible to talk with decent members in this forum.

kalpurush
May 19, 2007, 01:25 PM
[] edited by mod for content!

Now, I feel bad. That is totally unacceptable. MODs should take action regarding this post. Much thanks.:(

Russell2k7
May 19, 2007, 01:33 PM
Let the Indians talk. No need for a bit too Harsh comments.

syzygy
May 19, 2007, 01:36 PM
[] edited by mod for content

what can you expect from poor illeterate bd fans like this, btw if you want to attack indian fans here personally, we indian fans can also go ballistic.grow up kid and dont try to provoke us.[]:floor:

Zobair
May 19, 2007, 01:40 PM
Dr. Naf! That was uncalled for. Consider yourself warned, sir.

Dhakablues
May 19, 2007, 01:47 PM
I think its premature to say where the game is heading towards,, I mean if we consider everything we know on paper, its a draw. However, if Shahadat/Mashrafee/Rafiq keep in bowling the way they have been or Kumble/Powar turns some brilliant show,, there might be a result. In test cricket, you never know where things are heading before few significant sessions have past. In this case, it hasnt. So, I dont think we can talk about any results before the 4th day.. with rain in the picture, that might be streched to the last day.

The real problem is,, Bangladesh has better bowling side, India has better batting side..whichever side of these two team wins will determine the play. If the other factor also plays active role ( i.e., Rain, Bangladesh scores more than 400 or India takes all 10 wickets in one day..) we can see something interesting. All in all, I think this wont be a boring Test cricket. Its way too early to comment on the result just yet.

tonoy
May 19, 2007, 01:56 PM
what can you expect from poor illeterate bd fans like this, btw if you want to attack indian fans here personally, we indian fans can also go ballistic.grow up kid and dont try to provoke us.[]:floor:

Being a troll isnt going to help you either. I suggest you stop trolling around, just to provoke most of the members out here. Cause I can almost see a ban coming if not changed.:wave:

sheikh
May 19, 2007, 02:11 PM

have a look

Don't have enough patience to go through that Ramayon or Mohavarot. Did they mention the two possible LBWs of Tendu on 37 and 80? IMO Those were really straight forward. Although, he was quite front-footed, in this type of pitches, bowlers should get these decisions in favour of them.

Nafi
May 19, 2007, 02:14 PM
Don't have enough patience to go through that Ramayon or Mohavarot. Did they mention the two possible LBWs of Tendu on 37 and 80? IMO Those were really straight forward. Although, he was quite front-footed, in this type of pitches, bowlers should get these decisions in favour of them.

Unfortunately BD rarely has an umpire which makes all the right decisions

Kabir
May 19, 2007, 02:17 PM
ok let me know when you wake up and stop beating around the bush.

So...are you the prime minister of India? Emm, may be not. May be you're the manager of Indian team? Naah, not that either. Are you the president of this forum? I guess not.

Then tell me something. Out of all those sane members of the forum, why do we have to let YOU know when we wake up? Are you doctor loose nut?

My final warning to you. Stop acting like an idiot. This way of getting 2 mins of attention is only going to ruin even that little bit of respect Bangladeshis have for Indians.

DJ: It wasn't for you that I got pissed off. But as I mentioned here...seeing these trolls show up every now and then isn't gonna help you. It's only ruining the image of India. And some of us are insane enough to generalize when it becomes a regular feature...like Indian newspapers' headlines.

sheikh
May 19, 2007, 02:30 PM
Experience speaks!:-D

Hmmm....really....;)

WarWolf
May 19, 2007, 02:36 PM
Now it seems moderation policies became a bit less strict. I remember getting warning from mods about when i joined this forum and started to post about removal of Bashar. I got strong warning about this and now i think that was a correct move from their part at this moment.

But these days we see too much trolls and unwanted posting. Specially from newbies. We can see some examples in this thread. Someone became a member today and posted 7 new threads most of which dont have thoughtful contents. I think this is the time for mods to be a bit more strict as BC is getting more and more visitors and members in a very short time. This is necessary to maintain thread qualities and avoid controvercies.

Please don't take this post personally.

billah
May 19, 2007, 02:42 PM

Bang:

We banged you out of the world cup, first round.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::floor::floor::floor ::floor::floor:

sheikh
May 19, 2007, 03:03 PM
Well...hmm...this was fun for me.
The test is really alive!! :)
Hope there is no rain during this test anymore. After the drawn match, I ll come back to this thread again. Best place to see the overall reaction.
Or even after loosing.....will come back to listen to our Indian friends.
From this position...I don't really can imagine a win.

layperson
May 19, 2007, 03:05 PM
Bang:

We banged you out of the world cup, first round.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::floor::floor::floor ::floor::floor:

GO Billah bhai !!! :floor: :floor:

syzygy
May 19, 2007, 03:07 PM
so u guys can bash indians and if we retaliate then we are trolls etc etc.first look into the mirror.if ur fans dont know how to behave then dont preach us either.btw Dr_Naf (or whoever u r) it shows ur ignorance as a kid that u dont know the meaning of the phrase "beat around the bush".its not spanking or wanking round the bush.grow up kid.

Zunaid
May 19, 2007, 03:14 PM
... btw if you want to attack indian fans here personally, we indian fans can also go ballistic.grow up kid and dont try to provoke us.[]:floor:

It is not your place to go ballistic here. Consider this a gentle reminder and leave us clean our own house.

Dhakablues
May 19, 2007, 03:20 PM
Can we talk about cricket now? I am kinda bored with this fan brawl,, wannna hear more about the game, really

sheikh
May 19, 2007, 03:27 PM
so u guys can bash indians and if we retaliate then we are trolls etc etc.first look into the mirror.if ur fans dont know how to behave then dont preach us either.btw Dr_Naf (or whoever u r) it shows ur ignorance as a kid that u dont know the meaning of the phrase "beat around the bush".its not spanking or wanking round the bush.grow up kid.

Will you pls learn from DJ and Miraz? See how they went off when views were not of the same angle. Lets enjoy cricket.

al Furqaan
May 19, 2007, 03:29 PM

u cant read can you mister hindi wala???

suppose we win...you punks would scream "the format was crap" as always...

al Furqaan
May 19, 2007, 03:31 PM

indian bowling averages indicate this match is headed for a draw...

:smug:

Zunaid
May 19, 2007, 03:32 PM
Can everyone stop the egregious sniping at each other? Enjoy the game.

JamesBond
May 19, 2007, 03:44 PM
Can everyone stop the egregious sniping at each other? Enjoy the game.

Hey Zunayed I totally agree with you...lets just enjoy the game..:saint:

sheikh
May 19, 2007, 03:58 PM
Why there is no thread about the LBW of Tendu on 37? I was really interested to see the reaction of our indian friends on that matter. The whole complexion of the game could be changed...had that been given out!

Miraz
May 19, 2007, 04:10 PM
Why there is no thread about the LBW of Tendu on 37? I was really interested to see the reaction of our indian friends on that matter. The whole complexion of the game could be changed...had that been given out!

It was mentioned in our first day bulletin
(http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tour.php?id=80)
Tendulkar was lucky to survive a close LBW shout early on in his innings. He was struck in front of the stump by Mohammad Rafique and the replay suggested the ball was heading towards the middle stump, but umpire Billy Doctrove had different thoughts.

IanW
May 19, 2007, 06:58 PM
And there was me thinking that while Bangladesh had a rivalry with India, India didnt have a rivalry with Bangladesh.

Sygyzy seems to want to prove different.

Me, I'm calling the pitch a featherbed. It'll be interesting to see how well the Indian bowlers go, when it's there go round.

Ian Whitchurch

bang
May 19, 2007, 10:14 PM
At least we won't be 0 for 4 you know.

so What south africa got all out for 85 in Test match in south africa itself on Indian tour before world cup :lol: .This is cricket that is why Bangladesh won a one day in world cup they would have lost to India A team on most days but on a given day anything can happen :floor: .I actually like Bangla cricket and so do lot of Indians for their spirit but Test cricket is not for them just yet .Bangladersh should play less Test matches and more one day cricket for better success rate.

IanW
May 19, 2007, 10:24 PM
Bang,

Nope. Completely wrong. The only way the side will get better is by playing a LOT of four- and five-day cricket.

One day cricket is a recepie for impatient batsmen with bad technique, and bowlers who dont know how to take wickets.

I'll back the young Bangladesh players against the under-23 players of any other team in the world. These matches - playing very good batsmen with time to play there shots on pitches that dont help - are what will turn young kids with talent into world beaters.

Ian Whitchurch

bang
May 19, 2007, 10:38 PM

:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor: Bangladesh will lose by atleast a inning if rain does not stop play .So Bangladesh fans should prepare for defeat yet again in test cricket :D .

One World
May 19, 2007, 10:49 PM
bufo melanostictus is the scienific name of Kuno Bang and rana tigrina is the scientific name of shona bang. They both start jumping and singing during rain.

sheikh
May 19, 2007, 11:57 PM
bufo melanostictus is the scienific name of Kuno Bang and rana tigrina is the scientific name of shona bang. They both start jumping and singing during rain.

Now I ve started to believe you. :)

syzygy
May 20, 2007, 02:00 AM
And there was me thinking that while Bangladesh had a rivalry with India, India didnt have a rivalry with Bangladesh.

Sygyzy seems to want to prove different.

Me, I'm calling the pitch a featherbed. It'll be interesting to see how well the Indian bowlers go, when it's there go round.

Ian Whitchurch

ian nice try,yes the rivalry is till 29th of May, after that :wave:

Nocturnal
May 20, 2007, 02:36 AM
Third day has been called off for Rain...more like a draw now.

IanW
May 20, 2007, 03:10 AM
Syzgzy,

You dont get it. India didnt used to care about Bangladesh's cricket side at all.

Now, you care about them enough to try and talk trash.

Yes, India is a better side. But lets take the old guys out to the equation - the Tendulkars, the Bashars, the Rafiques and the Kumbles.

Now, tell me with a straight face that you'd prefer the young Indian players to the young Bangladeshi players.

After May 29, we'll see you over the next 4 years. Enjoy India's rebuilding.

Ian Whitchurch

Kabir
May 20, 2007, 11:02 AM
Ian:

You know man, you've been here long enough to let go of these trash talks. These will come and go. Coz sometimes, some of these people feel so insecure that they can only talk trash to retaliate, and nothing else.

I just wish people looked at cricket like you do. But for some of these kids around, their country and their pride for the country comes before the sport. And they call others kids. How lame can it get? Simply ridiculous.

Anyway, my last post to these temporary nonsense posters. GET A FREAKIN LIFE!

And to you Ian: Let go of these trash talks. It's just gonna give you a headache, with no good substance in them :)

syzygy
May 20, 2007, 12:11 PM
Syzgzy,

Now, tell me with a straight face that you'd prefer the young Indian players to the young Bangladeshi players.

Ian Whitchurch

ian, have u seen the indian youth brigade before you make a judgement? have u seen players like rohit sharma (21 yrs), piyush chawla (18 yrs),manoj tiwary (21 yrs) and the 6 ft 5 inches tall fast bowler ishant sharma yet? i can say with 100% that u have not and only talking like a layman.so better watch out man :timeout: and talking abt trash talk its from both sides,so get some pills if u cant digest ours.

Nafi
May 20, 2007, 01:04 PM
and the 6 ft 5 inches tall fast bowler ishant sharma yet?

Oh my!!! Not a fast bowler from India hitting the deck crossing the 70 mph :floor:

syzygy
May 20, 2007, 01:18 PM
Oh my!!! Not a fast bowler from India hitting the deck crossing the 70 mph :floor:

and bd dont have even fast bowlers, all they have are slow left arm spinners bowling at 20 mph, and dont talk about their height, they are all so short :floor:

Rajowana
May 20, 2007, 01:20 PM
and bd dont have even fast bowlers, all they have are slow left arm spinners bowling at 20 mph, and dont talk about their height, they are all so short :floor:

hahaha except mashrafee nd rajib they all are short lolz

capslock
May 20, 2007, 01:20 PM

Height's not that important, we have a 'fast' bowler of that size as well, Shafaq al Zabir (or something), he usually doesn't cross 75/60.

Nafi
May 20, 2007, 01:26 PM

:lol: Really short bowlers

Sakib 5 ft 11/6ft
Abdur Razzaq 5ft 11/6ft
Rafique 5 Ft 8
Syed Rasel 6ft
Mashrafi 6ft 2
Shahadat 6ft 4

Yes theyre really short arent they??

And mash and shahadat have and can hit the 90mph mark

The only pride of indian pathetic bowling is probably the little fat ramesh powar :lol:

http://www.hinduonnet.com/tss/tss2830/images/20050723006102202.jpg

:lol: and did you know Tendulkar wears heeled shows to make him 1-2 inch taller

WarWolf
May 20, 2007, 01:32 PM
This thread is getting polluted with unwanted controversial posts.

Dhakablues
May 20, 2007, 01:33 PM
Well, that kinda gives us an idea of how some of the knowledge aspect of things.. I dont know how tall Andy Roberts or Malcom Marshall was,, but they are surely not taller than Mashrafee, Shahadat, Shafaq or Talha or even Dollar; I guess, some of the Indian fans will never get it that bashing Bangladesh or appointing a low cutter ignorant at extra innings will never give them anything but a need to buy more listerine. Nevertheless, its hard to fight with ignorants who never learns,,isnt it. Lets focus more on the match skills ,, shall we?

Nafi
May 20, 2007, 01:35 PM
This thread is getting polluted with unwanted controversial posts.

Blame the indian trolls

Zunaid
May 20, 2007, 01:38 PM
Blame the indian trolls

And us for responding in kind.

Zunaid
May 20, 2007, 01:39 PM
As admin: I don't involve myself in day to day moderation and what not, and I am sure you all are aware of the forum rules. Please adhere to the rules and make this a pleasant place for exchanging discourse and not dung.

Ahg984
May 20, 2007, 01:42 PM
The real problem is,, Bangladesh has better bowling side....

Taken from cricinfo:

Bowling Average in Test matches:
BD
Mashrafe Mortaza: 37.42
Shahadat Hossain: 49.56
Mohammad Rafique: 36.59
Enamul Haque Jr: 35.68
Saqibul Hasan: -

IND
Zaheer Khan: 35.76
Rudra Pratap Singh: 38.33
Vikram RV Singh: -
Ramesh Powar: -
Anil Kumble: 28.65

Both teams' bowling look equally ordinary. IND has a slight edge because of Kumble.

WarWolf
May 20, 2007, 03:04 PM
As admin: I don't involve myself in day to day moderation and what not, and I am sure you all are aware of the forum rules. Please adhere to the rules and make this a pleasant place for exchanging discourse and not dung.

I am really getting frustated these days. This forum is loosing it's quality for sure. I can't stand this as this became my sencond home page (First one is my company site which pays my salary).

IanW
May 20, 2007, 05:24 PM
Part of it is the lack of actual cricket due to the rain. Everyone is getting antsy.

layperson
May 20, 2007, 05:35 PM
It wont help us if we try being so uptight. Everyone just enjoy the rantings, the sledgings, the bickerings in the posts. As long as no one is swearing at the other poster I think we should let this go like this. Provides a lot of entertainment. Imagine without these the forum would look prettty boring when we dont have any cricket. Moreover just like pre match talks hype up the match these kind of posts and counter posts add to the match hype and adds to the atmosphere. I kind of like it. Makes the match more interesting I would say.

Dhakablues
May 20, 2007, 08:16 PM
Taken from cricinfo:

Bowling Average in Test matches:
BD
Mashrafe Mortaza: 37.42
Shahadat Hossain: 49.56
Mohammad Rafique: 36.59
Enamul Haque Jr: 35.68
Saqibul Hasan: -

IND
Zaheer Khan: 35.76
Rudra Pratap Singh: 38.33
Vikram RV Singh: -
Ramesh Powar: -
Anil Kumble: 28.65

Both teams' bowling look equally ordinary. IND has a slight edge because of Kumble.

Agreed, somewhat. Mashrafee/Shahadat/Rafique improved better in recent years versus Zaheer became slower and non threating. Morever, on 4/5 days,, I think the onus is going to be on the spinners more than fast bowlers. Without knowing much about Ramesh Powar, Kumble is the only recongnized weapon India has in practicality. Remains to be seen who can exploit the moist condition better..